Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicalutamide is stronger than any other anti-androgen. It completely shuts the receptors.

It doesn’t shut the receptors, it just blocks them. Although, it’s blocking ability blows spironolactone/cyproterone acetate/flutamide out of the water...

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
and it's easier on the liver than cypro/flut ?

In cases of raised liver enzymes, CPA raised them in around 8% of patients within studies using doses of around 50MG/day. Flutamide, in doses to treat prostate cancer, raised liver enzymes in up to 62% of patients. Both of these anti-androgens are known for their hepatic issues.

M

Member 139756

Welcome to Jenny.

I thought I'd join in the transgender and gender queer club we've got going in this thread.

I am a frequently despondent transgender woman aged 29. Hair loss became noticeable to me around 22, but some people had pointed it out in my crown earlier. I started shaving my head then and parked the whole transition intention because my family would make me suffer for it and because I thought it was too late to transition (especially with my baldness).

Eventually I came out and started transitioning, in April 2018. Low and behold my family did hate it and have driven me close to suicide with their hostility (it's real f*****g bad), and it does seem I left it too long to really get my hair fixed.

Below are some pictures from just over one week ago and one from almost a year ago.

I have been on HRT since April 2018, though the shitty British docs I was using only put me on piss weak oestrogen and finasteride - no real AA. I started using heavy duty DIY meds in January and have been in the female hormone range since.

100mg spironolactone twice daily (was 200 but my oestrogen is like 1900 units at the low end of my cycle - I forget the units... Pmol/l or nmol/l I think... Whatever it is, menopausal women are around 200 of said units). 10mg oestradiol valerate injections every five days. 0.5mg Dutasteride daily.

I was using minoxidil topically for one year, but I switched to oral in April as covering this huge area was painstaking and seemed to make my scalp sore. I stopped oral in May because it seemed like it might be making my facial hair grow faster than I can laser it off.

Been microneedling from December until April. Restarted tonight just along my hairline, which is covered in vellus-like hairs measuring one to two CM in length. If the area covered in long, colourless hairs all turned terminal then my hairline would be back, at least.

Most controversially, I had a two day hair transplant in August 2008. 3400 FUT grafts on one day and 1700 FUE grafts on another.

Probably a mistake. I was conned into it by Vinci Hair Clinic in London - the lying, deceitful wankers. They told me this surgery would remove the need for me to wear wigs. I went in with low expectations, but they upsold me the extensive hair transplant on that basis and... We'll see the results for yourself... They're so sh*t that their patient co-ordination manager didn't know what dutasteride was. I was desperate when I picked them.

Two more clinics have seen me recently to propose a 1500 or 2000 graft transplant to the crown and extended crown area. I am provisionally booked for September, but... What's the point when I am this far gone?

Any idea what I should do next, besides jump from the local suspension bridge (my life is real shitty, but having my hair passably back would massively improve it - phsycially, emotionally, and financially).

I would love for the guy I am enamoured with and sleeping with (but not an item with) to be able to hold nime atght and not not see damn bald patches (especially at the back).

I tried a hair system, but it was painful, extremely expensive, and I didn't even really like the look that much.

Attachments

• IMG-20190605-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20190605-WA0008.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG-20190605-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20190605-WA0009.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG-20190605-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20190605-WA0005.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG-20190605-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20190605-WA0004.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG-20190605-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20190605-WA0012.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_20180813_103347344.jpg
    IMG_20180813_103347344.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 552

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn’t shut the receptors, it just blocks them. Although, it’s blocking ability blows spironolactone/cyproterone acetate/flutamide out of the water...
same thing the molecule fills the receptor to disallow androgens from binding to the receptor, (i assume). but that's good to here lol. i don't want to be on the liver transplant list when i'm 30.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Welcome to Jenny.

I thought I'd join in the transgender and gender queer club we've got going in this thread.

I am a frequently despondent transgender woman aged 29. Hair loss became noticeable to me around 22, but some people had pointed it out in my crown earlier. I started shaving my head then and parked the whole transition intention because my family would make me suffer for it and because I thought it was too late to transition (especially with my baldness).

Eventually I came out and started transitioning, in April 2018. Low and behold my family did hate it and have driven me close to suicide with their hostility (it's real f*****g bad), and it does seem I left it too long to really get my hair fixed.

Below are some pictures from just over one week ago and one from almost a year ago.

I have been on HRT since April 2018, though the shitty British docs I was using only put me on piss weak oestrogen and finasteride - no real AA. I started using heavy duty DIY meds in January and have been in the female hormone range since.

100mg spironolactone twice daily (was 200 but my oestrogen is like 1900 units at the low end of my cycle - I forget the units... Pmol/l or nmol/l I think... Whatever it is, menopausal women are around 200 of said units). 10mg oestradiol valerate injections every five days. 0.5mg Dutasteride daily.

I was using minoxidil topically for one year, but I switched to oral in April as covering this huge area was painstaking and seemed to make my scalp sore. I stopped oral in May because it seemed like it might be making my facial hair grow faster than I can laser it off.

Been microneedling from December until April. Restarted tonight just along my hairline, which is covered in vellus-like hairs measuring one to two CM in length. If the area covered in long, colourless hairs all turned terminal then my hairline would be back, at least.

Most controversially, I had a two day hair transplant in August 2008. 3400 FUT grafts on one day and 1700 FUE grafts on another.

Probably a mistake. I was conned into it by Vinci Hair Clinic in London - the lying, deceitful wankers. They told me this surgery would remove the need for me to wear wigs. I went in with low expectations, but they upsold me the extensive hair transplant on that basis and... We'll see the results for yourself... They're so sh*t that their patient co-ordination manager didn't know what dutasteride was. I was desperate when I picked them.

Two more clinics have seen me recently to propose a 1500 or 2000 graft transplant to the crown and extended crown area. I am provisionally booked for September, but... What's the point when I am this far gone?

Any idea what I should do next, besides jump from the local suspension bridge (my life is real shitty, but having my hair passably back would massively improve it - phsycially, emotionally, and financially).

I would love for the guy I am enamoured with and sleeping with (but not an item with) to be able to hold nime atght and not not see damn bald patches (especially at the back).

I tried a hair system, but it was painful, extremely expensive, and I didn't even really like the look that much.

You didn’t experience hair growth from the medications you are using? And I agree, doctors in the U.K. are terrible and I have to emotionally manipulate them to get what I want.

Would you consider switching anti-androgens? That could help... Although, I am not sure what estrogen injections do.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
same thing the molecule fills the receptor to disallow androgens from binding to the receptor, (i assume). but that's good to here lol. i don't want to be on the liver transplant list when i'm 30.

Me too, I already had a bad experience with accutane where my liver enzymes went so high and my parents thought I was dying

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Me too, I already had a bad experience with accutane where my liver enzymes went so high and my parents thought I was dying
accutane for acne made my hair fall out fast for the 6 months i was on it, my dr didn't even tell me i could lose my hair from accutane. anti androgens are way better for acne imo, i had full body acne and it was f*****g awful.

M

Member 139756

You didn’t experience hair growth from the medications you are using? And I agree, doctors in the U.K. are terrible and I have to emotionally manipulate them to get what I want.

Would you consider switching anti-androgens? That could help... Although, I am not sure what estrogen injections do.

I don't think I experienced much if any regrowth between April and August 2018 from HRT.

Except maybe the super long vellus hairs all along my original hairline and Infront of my shitty transplant hairline (it's behind where my original hairline is / was).

Anything after that, I dunno, because transplant.

I specifically remember telling the consultant that I thought it was best to wait to see what HRT would do for me before having the transplant. The a**h** instead convinced me that there was no need because one jumbo, two day transplant and all would be solved anyway. And I believed him, in my state of emotional despair and suicidal feelings.

Now I fear that may have been the second worst decision of my life, behind not escaping my family earlier to transition aged ~22.

I fear that it was too late for me to regrow much before the transplant, and that now the transplant has destroyed any regrowth potential anyway.

Here is a picture of me before any treatment - HRT or transplant, for comparison with the above.

Problem is that the recently shaved head doesn't help comparisons.

I would totally consider switching AA.
I am not wedded to spironolactone, although my most recent order of spironolactone arrived literally five days ago so I feel I should use it up first.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190329-093231.png
    Screenshot_20190329-093231.png
    417.7 KB · Views: 454

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think I experienced much if any regrowth between April and August 2018 from HRT.

Except maybe the super long vellus hairs all along my original hairline and Infront of my shitty transplant hairline (it's behind where my original hairline is / was).

I specifically remember telling the consultant that I thought it was best to wait to see what HRT would do for me before having the transplant. The a**h** instead convinced me that there was no need because one jumbo, two day transplant and all would be solved anyway. And I believed him, in my state of emotional despair and suicidal feelings.

Now I fear that may have been the second worst decision of my life, behind not escaping my family earlier to transition aged ~22.

I fear that it was too late for me to regrow much before the transplant, and that now the transplant has destroyed any regrowth potential anyway.

Here is a picture of me before any treatment - HRT or transplant, for comparison with the above.

I am not wedded to spironolactone, although my most recent order of spironolactone arrived literally five days ago so I feel I should use it up first.

Hair transplant doctors can be shitty greedy bastards, when i was losing my hair, thankfully they said to me "you must be on finasteride for at least 2 yrs before we give you a hair transplant." i was 20 at the time and finasteride was 100% not effective at all for me, so 2 years later i now hold about 30% of my previous 100% density (on the top of my head). so even if i had had that transplant when i was 20 (at the hairline) it would have been useless due to the rest of my hair continuing to die, from the hair line to the crown, but i know this HRT regime will restore my hair to 100% density. finasteride is a joke to me (for some it works).

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
accutane for acne made my hair fall out fast for the 6 months i was on it, my dr didn't even tell me i could lose my hair from accutane. anti androgens are way better for acne imo, i had full body acne and it was f*****g awful.

Accutane didn’t clear my back acne, neither did spironolactone. However bicalutamide did, which I find so unusual... I regret using accutane, it has made my lips permanently dry! I had to stop it after a month luckily lmao

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

It is possible to regrow your hair at that point, there is someone else who did and they used 200MG/day of spironolactone and 8MG/day of estradiol, and minoxidil.

Attachments

• 225FB712-3B2A-48B7-B764-09238869FF58.jpeg
    225FB712-3B2A-48B7-B764-09238869FF58.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 276

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Will this stuff give you gyno? Do you recon it’s worth me using half a dose of this and half a dose of spironolactone (100mg) because I just spent £100+ on a year supply haha.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will this stuff give you gyno? Do you recon it’s worth me using half a dose of this and half a dose of spironolactone (100mg) because I just spent £100+ on a year supply haha.

51C2CA75-6D84-48EC-8B75-488871C09B6B.png

Within this graph, around 50% of spironolactone users experience gynecomastia at a dose of 200mg/day. On the other hand, around 35% bicalutamide users experienced gynecomastia at a dose of 50MG/day. Bicalutamide at 50MG/day is significantly more powerful than 200MG/day of spironolactone. Even 25MG/day of bicalutamide is significantly more powerful than spironolactone at 200MG/day, which is a dose female pattern hair loss/female acne/hirsutism patients use. Although, even 25MG/day would be effective in treating male pattern hair loss since it builds up.

Last edited:

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's What I was planning. I've just ordered spironolactone after reading many success stories.
There's some chances of gyno (about 50%), so I would keep tamoxifen in hand.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
especially since I started losing immediately after puberty, around 13 or 14.
My hair loss began at fourteen, and it has become severe.
14?! :confused::( how sad, thats a basically a child. damnn, I thought I was amongst the youngest to start losing at 17. but come to think of it, I may have been a late bloomer. I didn't really start masturbating until 17. That was also when I got the most acne and etc. I was so dumb, I literally thought at first that I couldn't be balding because I was too young; it must be my shampoo or vitamin issue. >.< I believed that was something which only happened to like 30 year olds.
If I ever have a kid I will warn them so many times before puberty