Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

jenny-death

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, new member but I've browsed on and off. I myself am trans, and I know a lot of others on here aren't, but the results are pretty amazing anyway. (Big thanks to bridge)

I'm currently going to be on HRT soon but my hair is absolutely disastrous. The hair loss is extremely aggressive which absolutely gives me huge dysphoria. My biggest worry is that the HRT doesn't work, especially since I started losing immediately after puberty, around 13 or 14. So I'm certain I'm just extremely sensitive to androgens. Plus, finasteride didn't work for me, which is why I've hopped on to dutasteride, which I'm still waiting to see if it does anything. But I've decided that the sooner I start HRT the better, and I might as well update my little experiment here while doing it.

I've already organized my regimen which will be:
  • 12.5mg of Cyproterone Acetate
  • 2-4mg Estradiol Valerate
  • 0.5mg Dutasteride (already on it)
  • Minoxidil foam once or twice a day (on it since I was 15)
  • Dermarolling 1.5mm once a week (doesn't seem to do much but still doing it)
And maybe the following depending on how the above stuff works:
  • Bicalutamide
  • Progesterone
I fear my hair loss may be too aggressive even for cypro and E. But when I receive the meds I'll try to do regular updates.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, new member but I've browsed on and off. I myself am trans, and I know a lot of others on here aren't, but the results are pretty amazing anyway. (Big thanks to bridge)

I'm currently going to be on HRT soon but my hair is absolutely disastrous. The hair loss is extremely aggressive which absolutely gives me huge dysphoria. My biggest worry is that the HRT doesn't work, especially since I started losing immediately after puberty, around 13 or 14. So I'm certain I'm just extremely sensitive to androgens. Plus, finasteride didn't work for me, which is why I've hopped on to dutasteride, which I'm still waiting to see if it does anything. But I've decided that the sooner I start HRT the better, and I might as well update my little experiment here while doing it.

• Bicalutamide
  • Progesterone
I fear my hair loss may be too aggressive even for cypro and E. But when I receive the meds I'll try to do regular updates.

In all honesty, I believe your regimen will be effective. Although, I would recommend that you use 2MG of estradiol per day for the initial few months, and then increasing to 4MG. I have heard that increasing your dose slowly can lead to better breast growth. You should switch to bicalutamide eventually too, it will work greatly with estrogen.

My hair loss began at fourteen, and it has become severe. I have uploaded some images on one of the latest pages on this thread of my before and after two and a half months, and in that particular area I must have had around ten to twenty hairs left... It will be effective, especially if you add oral minoxidil.

jenny-death

My Regimen
Reaction score
In all honesty, I believe your regimen will be effective. Although, I would recommend that you use 2MG of estradiol per day for the initial few months, and then increasing to 4MG. I have heard that increasing your dose slowly can lead to better breast growth. You should switch to bicalutamide eventually too, it will work greatly with estrogen.

My hair loss began at fourteen, and it has become severe. I have uploaded some images on one of the latest pages on this thread of my before and after two and a half months, and in that particular area I must have had around ten to twenty hairs left... It will be effective, especially if you add oral minoxidil.

Thanks!

The plan is 2mg but I know that people often quickly go up on E not long after they first start. So I'll see how I go. You must be thrilled there's regrowth, hopefully it comes in quickly for you. A year ago I was debating on whether or not to even try finasteride until I saw this thread and other trans girls hair. I'd eat my left arm to get my beautiful hair back to how it was.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a bad experience with spironolactone too... It gave me tiredness to the point that it made it hard for me to want to live, and it gave me nausea... I wouldn't touch that stuff ever again, in all honesty. I would much rather use flutamide and destroy my liver than use spironolactone.
Telling from my personal experience, those side effects would subside after a few months.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You will not regrow hair at random parts. Many renowned doctors prescribe it at a lower dose. It's ageing side effects are exaggerated.
Umm.. Thanks! I will think about taking it at 1.25.

I'm totally fucked up - I don't know what to do. I have DUPA - Diffuse Unpatterned Hairloss - which is said to be rare. Most doctors don't know about it and end up prescribing me the vitamin-mineral pills, huh.
A doctor named W. Rassman say Finasteride works in 50% of people with DUPA. 50% equals "I'm fucked for life".

I'm not even sure if anti-androgens will work or not.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Telling from my personal experience, those side effects would subside after a few months.

It doesn’t change the fact that spironolactone is also such a weak anti-androgen... It didn’t reduce my facial sebum as expected, nor my scalp sebum. But the tiredness and nausea, I could not even deal with that anymore! It was horrible!

Reactions: KSA

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Umm.. Thanks! I will think about taking it at 1.25.

I'm totally fucked up - I don't know what to do. I have DUPA - Diffuse Unpatterned Hairloss - which is said to be rare. Most doctors don't know about it and end up prescribing me the vitamin-mineral pills, huh.
A doctor named W. Rassman say Finasteride works in 50% of people with DUPA. 50% equals "I'm fucked for life".

I'm not even sure if anti-androgens will work or not.

Anti-androgens will work for 99% of users, since there won’t be androgens to continue your androgenic alopecia. I doubt finasteride/dutasteride will have the same effect...

Reactions: Yar

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anti-androgens will work for 99% of users, since there won’t be androgens to continue your androgenic alopecia. I doubt finasteride/dutasteride will have the same effect...
Ikarus, what do I do? I've just started treatment about 2 weeks ago(after trying snake oil and fad diets for some 2-3 years)

Again, my f*****g mood. I'm cutting down the time to evaluate Finasteride efficacy time to 2 months or so after which I'll go to anti-androgen route.

I might also add Duta in next few weeks if I get some tingling sensations to f*** myself even more.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ikarus, what do I do? I've just started treatment about 2 weeks ago(after trying snake oil and fad diets for some 2-3 years)

Again, my f*****g mood. I'm cutting down the time to evaluate Finasteride efficacy time to 2 months or so after which I'll go to anti-androgen route.

I might also add Duta in next few weeks if I get some tingling sensations to f*** myself even more.

It's entirely up to you. In all honesty, in two months you might regret wasting that time not using an anti-androgen.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

• Bicalutamide
  • Progesterone

There are some users (transgender) that started out nearly slick bald and within 8 months they had all of their hair back, so have no fear. Your chances of reversal are great with HRT.

jenny-death

My Regimen
Reaction score

I'd have expected my hair loss to have at least slowed down, but I keep shedding the same amount as I was 6 months ago, with visible worsening. I know the dutasteride is working because my DHT levels are incredibly low, just not on my scalp. Strange.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's entirely up to you. In all honesty, in two months you might regret wasting that time not using an anti-androgen.
It is likely that I'm going to regret these 2 months, but considering my case I think waiting is the best approach.
BTW, there is a guy name KSA who had amazing results with Flutamide (essentially an older version of bicalutamide)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190609-024511.png
    Screenshot_20190609-024511.png
    281.7 KB · Views: 162

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is likely that I'm going to regret these 2 months, but considering my case I think waiting is the best approach.
BTW, there is a guy name KSA who had amazing results with Flutamide (essentially an older version of bicalutamide)

Flutamide is great, but its safety profile is questionable... I wouldn't use it because of it's significant chance of raised liver enzymes. However, women on hair loss forums prefer flutamide over cyproterone acetate and spironolactone. Within studies, flutamide has been shown to be greatly effective in treating female pattern hair loss.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Flutamide is great, but its safety profile is questionable... I wouldn't use it because of it's significant chance of raised liver enzymes. However, women on hair loss forums prefer flutamide over cyproterone acetate and spironolactone. Within studies, flutamide has been shown to be greatly effective in treating female pattern hair loss.
Bica is stronger than spironolactone right ?

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see. As their fundamental working process is same, bical should work equally well if not more. Right?