Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@EmmaS I honestly do think you should give oral minoxidil a shot, even though it will lead to dysphoric issues regarding facial/body hair. It’s the lesser of two evils, especially if hair loss is making you suicidal. It would be best to try that, whilst combating the facial/body hair with consistent sessions of laser hair removal. Along with that, your estrogen levels are bait for continuing hair loss. Your body is most likely not tolerating such high levels of estrogen, our bodies aren’t made for such significant levels of E. That could be leading to an opposite reaction.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is merely a manifestation of depression. You better treat it. Life is much more than just the hairs. Usually, men don't wear wigs because if someone detects it, he will instantly recognise that the person has lost his hair. But it's not the case with women. Many women with a full head of hairs wear wigs of different colours and style. This gives them an instant result, and it is acceptable in society as well. For example, Kate Perry. You are a transwoman and you can justify wearing a wig.

I agree. Wigs have become unbelievably advanced nowadays, and most celebrities opt for lace-front wigs. I am thinking of purchasing a lace-front wig soon, since it has always been my dream to have long hair...

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am so tired of being told that I have a "great ***, feminine hips, soft face, soft voice, big lips" etc when none of that matters. As soon as I walk around London with my ***, hips, face, and lips still all wearing make-up and female clothes with pronounced breasts, if I am not wearing my wig (as I am not ahead of surgery next week) then I am called "sir".
Women with hairloss exist. As do women with polycystic ovary syndrome, hirsutism, etc. They are still considered women. Not every cis-woman has a great *** or feminine hips, boobs, etc. be grateful for what you have, don't stop trying to get more though it may be far in the future. It's more important how you perceive yourself than what other people call you

M

Member 139756

Women with hairloss exist. As do women with polycystic ovary syndrome, hirsutism, etc. They are still considered women. Not every cis-woman has a great *** or feminine hips, boobs, etc. be grateful for what you have, don't stop trying to get more though it may be far in the future. It's more important how you perceive yourself than what other people call you

All true, but when most people see women with hair loss they don't think of them less as women. As in, they still know that they are biologically female.

When people, and me myself, see me with advanced hair loss, I am thought of as male.

So, get prostesterone 100mg tablets daily and drink oral minoxidil 2ml daily...
Should that be the next step for me?
Is 2ml still too little?

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would still recommend lowering your E dosage if you haven't already planned to. I know it seems counterintuitive and I was hesitant to lower mine when out of range, but there's likely a reason cis women's estradiol isn't permanently sky high, not to mention the potential for adverse health effects even apart from hair loss. Obviously you and your docs call though.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
All true, but when most people see women with hair loss they don't think of them less as women. As in, they still know that they are biologically female.

When people, and me myself, see me with advanced hair loss, I am thought of as male.

Is 2ml still too little?

2ml of minoxidil is 100mg, the maximum dsoage for hypertension, far too much, if your body is used to large dosages stick to between 10mg and 20mg.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Is 2ml still too little?
Yes, an ideal regimen for arrest of hair loss and most possibility of regrowth.

DHT - Dutasteride. (Finasteride if AA is Spironolactone.)

Anti-androgen - Spironolactone 300mg/bicalutamide 50mg. (Bicalutamide preferred in your case)

Growth stimulant - Topical minoxidil (if 5% didn't work then 10% - if possible with topci Finasteride) ; Minoxidil oral 20mg (start with 10mg though).

Estrogen as your doctor says.

Don't take Spironolactone and oral minoxidil together, especially in high doses.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Is 2ml still too little?

You are from the U.K., so I am guessing you will get the liquid minoxidil from Boots (the one with the dropper). That one has 20mg of minoxidil per ml, so you would use 0.5ml ideally.

M

Member 139756

I just did a light pull test on the hair at the top of the back of my neck (i.e. the bottom of my hair).

The following came out.

What the f***?!

Attachments

• 15645801742442069388066945114244.jpg
    15645801742442069388066945114244.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 293

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, an ideal regimen for arrest of hair loss and most possibility of regrowth.

DHT - Dutasteride. (Finasteride if AA is Spironolactone.)

Anti-androgen - Spironolactone 300mg/bicalutamide 50mg. (Bicalutamide preferred in your case)

Growth stimulant - Topical minoxidil (if 5% didn't work then 10% - if possible with topci Finasteride) ; Minoxidil oral 20mg (start with 10mg though).

Estrogen as your doctor says.

Don't take Spironolactone and oral minoxidil together, especially in high doses.

Actually, using a low-dose of spironolactone along with oral minoxidil is recommendable since it counteracts water retention. Nonetheless, she should continue with her estrogen injections but with a lower dose, along with using progesterone and oral minoxidil, and spironolactone at a low-dose if the water retention becomes noticeable.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually, using a low-dose of spironolactone along with oral minoxidil is recommendable since it counteracts water retention. Nonetheless, she should continue with her estrogen injections but with a lower dose, along with using progesterone and oral minoxidil, and spironolactone at a low-dose if the water retention becomes noticeable.
Yes, but she wants regrowth and is suicidal, so she gotta choose spironolactone for hair issues not merely as a diuretic. I said spironolactone is preferred because both lowers blood pressure and she would feel seriously tired and dizzy if she takes say 20mg minoxidil and 200mg spironolactone together.

What I've learned through this journey is that giving treatments the time of 3 hair matter more than the extremism of treatments.

Last edited:

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but she wants regrowth and is suicidal, so she gotta choose spironolactone for hair issues not merely as a diuretic. I said spironolactone is preferred because both lowers blood pressure and one can feel seriously tired and dizzy if he takes say 20mg minoxidil and 200mg spironolactone together.

What I've learned through this journey is that giving treatments the time of 3 hair cmatter more than the extremism of treatments.

Can you call her she? It’s not that hard. I don’t understand why you would do that when she is already feeling low about herself.

Nonetheless, spironolactone is not what leads to hair growth. She might not even need an anti-androgen because her T is already stagnant. She just needs to use it as a diuretic to combat the water retention oral minoxidil leads to. There isn’t a point of using spironolactone at the dose you recommended, it’s just putting more harm on her body in the long-run.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you call her she? It’s not that hard. I don’t understand why you would do that when she is already feeling low about herself.

Nonetheless, spironolactone is not what leads to hair growth. She might not even need an anti-androgen because her T is already stagnant. She just needs to use it as a diuretic to combat the water retention oral minoxidil leads to. There isn’t a point of using spironolactone at the dose you recommended, it’s just putting more harm on her body in the long-run.

Ikarus, I know I can be extreme sometimes, sometimes show my arrogance openly, but I don't have any problem calling anybody he or she.

Read that sentence again - and one can feel seriously tired and dizzy if he takes - so I'm saying that in general and strictly not referring her.

Nevertheless and notwithstanding anything said, I'm editing that reply.

Happy now? :rolleyes:

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@EmmaS you are loved, don't listen to people who don't understand, be who you are and don't feel bad for anything, depression can be gotten past, i know how it feels to want to die every day, feel misery with no joy in life, just know from me that it will pass even if it takes years and years, you must change your outlook of existence and your life which is a hard thing to do, hair can be regained whether it takes 6 months or years. But in the meantime you must stay alive and find joy in everything that you can because our lifespan is too short to waste our time with obsession while losing focus on life, you can still further experience good feelings, life and the world we live in. You have to get out of your head somehow, don't stay in there all the time, trust me i had major depression since i was 9 years old all the way untill i was 21, and i was suicidal all the way through it, but you can get out of it; if i can, then you can do it too, dont lose hope just yet.

jenny-death

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just did a light pull test on the hair at the top of the back of my neck (i.e. the bottom of my hair).

The following came out.

What the f***?!

I can pull out probably 50 hairs from the side and back of my hair if I ruffle long enough, but I've never actually lost or miniaturized any hair from those areas. I wouldn't worry about it at all. DUPA (androgenic hair loss on the sides), is incredibly rare, and if you haven't gotten it by now, you likely never will.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
5alpha-reductase is an enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of testosterone to dihydrostestosterone (DHT), progesterone to dihydroprogesterone, and deoxycorticosterone to dihydrodeoxycorticosterone.
finasteride blocks 5AR, progesterone metabolites pass through 5ar and are converted to other steroids, including testosterone in dihydrotestosterone. Should it be used if it inhibits other progesterone metabolites? I use finasteride, which essentially blocks progesterone. Or use progesterone in large doses?

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really weird guy. @BaldingGuy if you have before and after pics, please upload.
(who takes 800mg spironolactone smh)

If spironolactone doesn't work for the subject and he doesn't want to take estrogen, he should hop on bicalutamide. But then Bicalutamide is the ultimate drug (as of now) and there is no coming back.

Ahah yeah, in retrospective it was a waste of money and got gyno bc of it. Stupid me!

Anyway, anything over 300mg gives me ED, gyno and weight loss with no real benefit. Ive been on 200mg again for the past 7months and have been on spironolactone and duta since Feb of 2018.
I´m disappointed bc i'm basically taking trans drugs and at the very best i'm maintaining. Not even sure about that.
I'm a diffuser so it's hard to take photos that show the difference, especially bc 2 years ago i took almost no photos.
I'll say this, my hair is almost the same as last year but not as thick as 2 years ago. But at 28 i'm not bad if i can maintain for 5 more years like this.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ahah yeah, in retrospective it was a waste of money and got gyno bc of it. Stupid me!

Anyway, anything over 300mg gives me ED, gyno and weight loss with no real benefit. Ive been on 200mg again for the past 7months and have been on spironolactone and duta since Feb of 2018.
I´m disappointed bc i'm basically taking trans drugs and at the very best i'm maintaining. Not even sure about that.
I'm a diffuser so it's hard to take photos that show the difference, especially bc 2 years ago i took almost no photos.
I'll say this, my hair is almost the same as last year but not as thick as 2 years ago. But at 28 i'm not bad if i can maintain for 5 more years like this.
First of all, in my opinion, anything over 0.5mg Duta is a classic waste of money. Infact, anything over 1mg or 0.5mg duta doesn't make sense. If bringing DHT to 0 or negligible level would bring hair, I'm certain most of people here would have gained all their hair.

So continue with 200mg spironolactone and 0.5mg Duta. Spironolactone also blocks conversion thru 5ar1 so I don't know why would anyone want to take this much of Duta. You're essentially harming your liver for no benefit whatsoever.

That's it from me. I'm going great on Spironolactone and finasteride.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[UPDATE - ONE MONTH 3 DAYS OF STARTING SPIRONOLACTONE AND MORE THAN 2 MONTH OF FINASTERIDE]

Shedding has largely/completely stopped. My hair has not gone downward since starting treatments. I take those my words wherein I said that I've only 30% density left - I've at least 40%-60% density right now; and I am of belief that it would only increase from now onwards.

My biggest issue is crown which is slick bald. I will check whether it has improved or not.

In hindsight, I can say I took great decision to start spironolactone instead of giving finasteride a full year. I am certain I'm going to regret this decision some years down the line, but the mental satisfaction I've got from being on both DHT blocker and T receptor blockers is unmatchable. My depression is completely gone - I can say it was because I was constantly comparing my hair and other aspects to others, and most people here aren't losing hair at my age. I was shy and embarrassed for going to college as there are lots of handsome guys and girls, but I would go to coaching (stimes hesitantly) as there's only a few people.

Another things I've learnt is - extreme treatments doesn't mean extreme results - they may backfire also and screw you for life. Once you have started right treatments, you can do nothing but practice patience.
The reason Ikarus is getting results is because he started right treatment and isn't tinkering with it.

In other news, I have decided to take a break from this site, not because I've any issue, but because I want to focus solely on my studies and gaining some muscles on this regimen, the later is tough. I will clear cookies today night.

I apologise to @EmmaS unconditionally w/o trying to justify myself. I'm not transphobe, but I've my reservations. In my last reply to her, I didn't call her he, it was was a generalised statement which meant - if anybody takes 200mg spironolactone and 20mg oral minoxidil, that person is going to feel dizzy.

Anyway, shall meet you guys after a month or so. Untill then, bye bye.