Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[UPDATE - ONE MONTH 3 DAYS OF STARTING SPIRONOLACTONE AND MORE THAN 2 MONTH OF FINASTERIDE]

Shedding has largely/completely stopped. My hair has not gone downward since starting treatments. I take those my words wherein I said that I've only 30% density left - I've at least 40%-60% density right now; and I am of belief that it would only increase from now onwards.

My biggest issue is crown which is slick bald. I will check whether it has improved or not.

In hindsight, I can say I took great decision to start spironolactone instead of giving finasteride a full year. I am certain I'm going to regret this decision some years down the line, but the mental satisfaction I've got from being on both DHT blocker and T receptor blockers is unmatchable. My depression is completely gone - I can say it was because I was constantly comparing my hair and other aspects to others, and most people here aren't losing hair at my age. I was shy and embarrassed for going to college as there are lots of handsome guys and girls, but I would go to coaching (stimes hesitantly) as there's only a few people.

Another things I've learnt is - extreme treatments doesn't mean extreme results - they may backfire also and screw you for life. Once you have started right treatments, you can do nothing but practice patience.
The reason Ikarus is getting results is because he started right treatment and isn't tinkering with it.

In other news, I have decided to take a break from this site, not because I've any issue, but because I want to focus solely on my studies and gaining some muscles on this regimen, the later is tough. I will clear cookies today night.

I apologise to @EmmaS unconditionally w/o trying to justify myself. I'm not transphobe, but I've my reservations. In my last reply to her, I didn't call her he, it was was a generalised statement which meant - if anybody takes 200mg spironolactone and 20mg oral minoxidil, that person is going to feel dizzy.

Anyway, shall meet you guys after a month or so. Untill then, bye bye.

Farewell and good luck.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
[UPDATE - ONE MONTH 3 DAYS OF STARTING SPIRONOLACTONE AND MORE THAN 2 MONTH OF FINASTERIDE]

Shedding has largely/completely stopped. My hair has not gone downward since starting treatments. I take those my words wherein I said that I've only 30% density left - I've at least 40%-60% density right now; and I am of belief that it would only increase from now onwards.

My biggest issue is crown which is slick bald. I will check whether it has improved or not.

In hindsight, I can say I took great decision to start spironolactone instead of giving finasteride a full year. I am certain I'm going to regret this decision some years down the line, but the mental satisfaction I've got from being on both DHT blocker and T receptor blockers is unmatchable. My depression is completely gone - I can say it was because I was constantly comparing my hair and other aspects to others, and most people here aren't losing hair at my age. I was shy and embarrassed for going to college as there are lots of handsome guys and girls, but I would go to coaching (stimes hesitantly) as there's only a few people.

Another things I've learnt is - extreme treatments doesn't mean extreme results - they may backfire also and screw you for life. Once you have started right treatments, you can do nothing but practice patience.
The reason Ikarus is getting results is because he started right treatment and isn't tinkering with it.

In other news, I have decided to take a break from this site, not because I've any issue, but because I want to focus solely on my studies and gaining some muscles on this regimen, the later is tough. I will clear cookies today night.

I apologise to @EmmaS unconditionally w/o trying to justify myself. I'm not transphobe, but I've my reservations. In my last reply to her, I didn't call her he, it was was a generalised statement which meant - if anybody takes 200mg spironolactone and 20mg oral minoxidil, that person is going to feel dizzy.

Be sure to come back and tell us how the finasteride and spironolactone is working, good luck with your studying.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I also think, for me, its time to go. My hair condition is improving with time, though very slowly. 300 mg of spironolactone and .25 ml of minoxidil is a sweet spot for me.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck to you guys.
Ahah yeah, in retrospective it was a waste of money and got gyno bc of it. Stupid me!

Anyway, anything over 300mg gives me ED, gyno and weight loss with no real benefit. Ive been on 200mg again for the past 7months and have been on spironolactone and duta since Feb of 2018.
I´m disappointed bc i'm basically taking trans drugs and at the very best i'm maintaining. Not even sure about that.
I'm a diffuser so it's hard to take photos that show the difference, especially bc 2 years ago i took almost no photos.
I'll say this, my hair is almost the same as last year but not as thick as 2 years ago. But at 28 i'm not bad if i can maintain for 5 more years like this.
Me too am a diffuse thinner. Looking at pics, my hair looks the same from 11 months ago. I am very worried it could be worsening without noticing it.

I have a question (not directed at you BaldingGuy). If finasteride has ~80% chance of maintaining for 10 years, whats the stats for duta? I am thinking of skipping finasteride altogether, after DHTcel corrected my info about duta.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck to you guys.

Me too am a diffuse thinner. Looking at pics, my hair looks the same from 11 months ago. I am very worried it could be worsening without noticing it.

I have a question (not directed at you BaldingGuy). If finasteride has ~80% chance of maintaining for 10 years, whats the stats for duta? I am thinking of skipping finasteride altogether, after DHTcel corrected my info about duta.

Dutasteride blocks 98% of DHT compared to finasterides' 70%. So if you want to skip finasteride you should go for it.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride blocks 98% of DHT compared to finasterides' 70%. So if you want to skip finasteride you should go for it.
Duta inhibits 50% DHT type 1 which is found in the brain, and the latter keeps developping till 25. But duta sides profile is nearly the same as finasteride. So, I guess DHT type 1 inhibition doesnt have adverse sides?

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Duta inhibits 50% DHT type 1 which is found in the brain, and the latter keeps developping till 25. But duta sides profile is nearly the same as finasteride. So, I guess DHT type 1 inhibition doesnt have adverse sides?

Yeah you're right, it's an inhibitor of both DHT types, i never noticed any different sides from dutasteride.

NiBBa

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmao why do yall castrate yourselfs for hair . I mean whats the use of a full head of hair if you can't get btiches on your dick.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I found something interesting on the Belgravia Centre...

Screenshot 2019-08-01 at 18.44.51.png

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmao why do yall castrate yourselfs for hair . I mean whats the use of a full head of hair if you can't get btiches on your dick.

Sorry, but I don't care about getting b****s on my dick... I'd much rather get double takes for how beautiful my hair is, and be admired rather than give myself up for something which lasts twenty minutes in the dark, in which I would much rather be sleeping than engage in such an activity.

NiBBa

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ikr but with getting bithes on my dick I mean also getting married, having children and having a libido and that stuff.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ikr but with getting bithes on my dick I mean also getting married, having children and having a libido and that stuff.

I can get married. I can't have children, besides adoption, because I am not straight. Libido can be faked; fake it until you make it!

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in the same relationship I've been in for years. I still have a sex life too, I'm just not horny 24/7, and prefer it that way. I didn't do this for getting women though, more just for myself. That being said, I definitely wouldn't recommend this route for anyone unless they know exactly what they are getting into, especially in regards to potential for infertility.