Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
nope, cypro and spironolactone. Now trying Bica
Bridge is king.

I just ordered progesterone and that 6% minoxidil with finasteride topical to start in the Fall. Hopefully this will boost those stubborn temples.
But so far only causulty is a sore left nipple after a long Jan to Aug cycle.
See if it goes away after i cycle off in Sept.

Did those freckles from the Maldives fade away?

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bridge is king.

I just ordered progesterone and that 6% minoxidil with finasteride topical to start in the Fall. Hopefully this will boost those stubborn temples.

Btw progrsterone bucally?

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bridge is king.

why do you need finasteride? it inhibits 5AR. Progesterone will not work for you 5AR is inhibited. Many important hormones go through 5AR in addition to testosterone to dihydrotestosterone

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread is biggest thread I’ve seen on Hair Loss Forums.
There is a clinical study done with male/female patient who was Norwood 6.
Patient wanted hair transplant, but was told not good candidate. Doctors then started on cypro to lower androgens & estrogen. His/her hair grew back.
So this is the basic formula.
Lower androgens cypro, Duasteride/Finasteride. Plus Estrogen topical/ oral. Minoxidil also.
One can get topicals for all of these to experiment. It should be all three.
I wouldn’t take estrogen orally. Only as last resort.

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can’t understand one thing. HELP ME. I have progress. but I do not understand. Why sometimes up to 50 hairs fall out per day? sometimes it happens that not a single hair falls out per day. what's happening? when I lose 50 hair a day I just don’t feel like living. why it happens? I do not want to lose a single hair. when I see it it becomes very bad for me. I can not take it anymore. what am I doing wrong?

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update; three months back, I reduced my spironolactone dose from 400 mg to 300. When I was on spironolactone 400, I had clear semen. Now, after cutting my dose, my sperm has become as thick as it used to be.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update; three months back, I reduced my spironolactone dose from 400 mg to 300. When I was on spironolactone 400, I had clear semen. Now, after cutting my dose, my sperm has become as thick as it used to be.
thats called AR upregulation

M

Member 139756

Just had my second FUT transplant a few days ago, to round my hairline out and thicken the crown. It is perpetually soaked in saline solution right now and as a result looks extra thin. So disheartening.

The wait begins... again...

Obviously I am not expecting miracles.
I am past the capacity for real optimism now.

The surgeon told me that HRT and dutasteride can take as long as five years to yield a recovery.

Does this sound plausible or like horseshit?

I am also starting to save for Tsuji. As of two hours ago my diet has become nothing but Huel to try to keep costs down. At this rate of saving it will only take 83 years to afford Tsuji.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you use estradiol as well? Or just spironolactone? I haven't had any semen in a long time but im guessing that can likely be attributed more to the E than spironolactone.

Reactions: Yar

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just had my second FUT transplant a few days ago, to round my hairline out and thicken the crown. It is perpetually soaked in saline solution right now and as a result looks extra thin. So disheartening.

The wait begins... again...

Obviously I am not expecting miracles.
I am past the capacity for real optimism now.

The surgeon told me that HRT and dutasteride can take as long as five years to yield a recovery.

Does this sound plausible or like horseshit?

I am also starting to save for Tsuji. As of two hours ago my diet has become nothing but Huel to try to keep costs down. At this rate of saving it will only take 83 years to afford Tsuji.
I do know that hair transplants are likely to make things look much worse initially before getting much better due to shock loss of adjacent hair. But 5 years sounds far fetched. Seems like a year to 2 for extent of regrowth due to hair transplant from what I've researched.

M

Member 139756

I do know that hair transplants are likely to make things look much worse initially before getting much better due to shock loss of adjacent hair. But 5 years sounds far fetched. Seems like a year to 2 for extent of regrowth due to hair transplant from what I've researched.

You misunderstand. My fault.

He was saying that it can take up to five years for HRT and dutasteride to regrow hair, independent of any hair that's transplanted as a separate strategy (which, yeah, takes two years tops to max out - and mostly completes faaaaaaaar sooner than that).

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You misunderstand. My fault.

He was saying that it can take up to five years for HRT and dutasteride to regrow hair, independent of any hair that's transplanted as a separate strategy (which, yeah, takes two years tops to max out - and mostly completes faaaaaaaar sooner than that).

I think HRT can likely yield hair results over a lengthy period of time (multiple years) the same way it does with effects like breast growth, etc. But considering mtf regimens for hair have hardly been studied outside of isolated case studies and reddit anectdotes, it's hardly an exact science. But take someone like Bridge who has continued to experience more and more growth now far into his regimen.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
why do you need finasteride? it inhibits 5AR. Progesterone will not work for you 5AR is inhibited. Many important hormones go through 5AR in addition to testosterone to dihydrotestosterone
Likemike has had success with P and used dutasteride. The finasteride is mixed with topical minoxidil and think it would help to be applied directly.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can’t understand one thing. HELP ME. I have progress. but I do not understand. Why sometimes up to 50 hairs fall out per day? sometimes it happens that not a single hair falls out per day. what's happening? when I lose 50 hair a day I just don’t feel like living. why it happens? I do not want to lose a single hair. when I see it it becomes very bad for me. I can not take it anymore. what am I doing wrong?
Is your hair getting noticeably thinner? If not then I wouldn't worry. It's completely normal to lose 50-100 hairs a day since at any given time 10-15% of your hair is in telogen phase. The time for concern (with androgenic alopecia) is if those hairs are still miniaturizing.