Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
50mg bica, 6mg estrofem, .5mg dutasteride, 100mg progesterone, 10mg oral min every other day
why do you need so much estrofem when taking biki?
what do you think about progesterone? I take it too, no doubt it is good for hair!

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
18 year old me:

P_20190808_152111_1.jpg

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can’t understand one thing. HELP ME. I have progress. but I do not understand. Why sometimes up to 50 hairs fall out per day? sometimes it happens that not a single hair falls out per day. what's happening? when I lose 50 hair a day I just don’t feel like living. why it happens? I do not want to lose a single hair. when I see it it becomes very bad for me. I can not take it anymore. what am I doing wrong?
no one can know the exact answer! You need to know the hormonal system thoroughly! And the data is different everywhere, something contradicts another, you read, you find contradictions!

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Likemike has had success with P and used dutasteride. The finasteride is mixed with topical minoxidil and think it would help to be applied directly.
I read that finasteride inhibits 5AR, through which progesterone is metabolized to hydroxyprogesterone. Hydroxyprogesterone is an inhibitor of DHT. More progesterone is less than DHT because it metabolizes through 5ar to hydroxyprogesterone. And finasteride inhibits 5ar, the mechanism of conversion of progesterone to hydroxy is inhibited.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read that finasteride inhibits 5AR, through which progesterone is metabolized to hydroxyprogesterone. Hydroxyprogesterone is an inhibitor of DHT. More progesterone is less than DHT because it metabolizes through 5ar to hydroxyprogesterone. And finasteride inhibits 5ar, the mechanism of conversion of progesterone to hydroxy is inhibited.

Finasteride, a specific and potent inhibitor of human Type 2 5alpha-reductase, decreases the formation of DHT from testosterone.

Is hydroxyprogesterone metabolised from progesterone thru 5ar? The
hormone 17-hydroxyprogesterone (17-OH progesterone) is produced by the adrenal glands so is that the same?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Progesterone: I take it too, no doubt it is good for hair!

Are you taking it via pills and using Provera or Prometrium?

Progesterone applied with cream doesn't work but that won't stop people from selling it.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can’t understand one thing. HELP ME. I have progress. but I do not understand. Why sometimes up to 50 hairs fall out per day? sometimes it happens that not a single hair falls out per day. what's happening? when I lose 50 hair a day I just don’t feel like living. why it happens? I do not want to lose a single hair. when I see it it becomes very bad for me. I can not take it anymore. what am I doing wrong?

Lol, hair shedding is completely normal, as long as it isn't miniaturizing, don't worry about it.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think HRT can likely yield hair results over a lengthy period of time (multiple years) the same way it does with effects like breast growth, etc. But considering mtf regimens for hair have hardly been studied outside of isolated case studies and reddit anectdotes, it's hardly an exact science. But take someone like Bridge who has continued to experience more and more growth now far into his regimen.
A 73 year old uncle has regrowth after more than 5 years on spironolactone. So we never know. Also, I think that's why it's recommended to take both oral and well as topical minoxidil along with AA to boost results. The downside in this case is that with minoxidil (oral as well as topical) the shedding continues making some people question the regimen. The upside being shedded hair grow back pretty quickly.

Analogies

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I am curious if anyone has tried a low dose (0.5-1.0 MG) of estradiol to their regime with success? I am interested in giving this a shot for a few months to see what it may sprout. The estradiol I'm considering is oral form: https://www.alldaychemist.com/progynova-2mg-tablet.html

I've been on my current regime for about two months with some tiny vellus hairs appearing:
1mg of finasteride
Oral Minoxidil 2.5mg
Topical Minoxidil 5%
Derma roll every 5-7 days
Hims Biotin multivitamin
Hims Shampoo
Vitamin K
Zinc 50mg
Fish Oil
Pumpkin seed oil

My objective is to grow my frontal hairline back without jeopardizing my libido and ultimately my sexual performance.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
to all the people taking oral minoxidil on this thread,did you get huge dark circle under eye from it? thx