Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there something post like dutasteride syndrome?

It's the same. Post Finasteride(Dutasteride) Syndrome.

But I don't think its your case.
I don't know what you should do, and if you're really losing your hair. It might be a real issue (sorry but your pictures make me think you have BDD and again sorry if you're legit).
Just take a picture every 6 months and forget this forum in the meantime.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Off topic
http://www.protocol-online.org/forums/uploads/monthly_08_2010/msg-19273-027408800 1282061244.ipb
The 5ARI Withdrawal Syndrome
If you don't believe in Post Finasteride Syndrome, you should read this.
- EDIT - I'm not implying its going to happen to all of you, of course not. Take your pills and enjoy your hair.

That's what I have been saying to these guys who think that simply throwing DHT to oblivion would cure their Androgenetic Alopecia.

They think just because Bridge did it they can do it too. They don't even realise the versatility of bridge's approach.

Attachments

• IMG_20190817_145624.png
    IMG_20190817_145624.png
    354.5 KB · Views: 263

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what I have been saying to these guys who think that simply throwing DHT to oblivion would cure their Androgenetic Alopecia.

They think just because Bridge did it they can do it too. They don't even realise the versatility of bridge's approach.

I tend to think it's safer to lower testosterone than DHT. But again the PFS is a very rare condition, I would recommend finasteride/dutasteride to anyone losing his hair.
But yeah Bridge regimen can help but can do the opposite (0.001%).

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tend to think it's safer to lower testosterone than DHT. But again the PFS is a very rare condition, I would recommend finasteride/dutasteride to anyone losing his hair.
But yeah Bridge regimen can help but can do the opposite (0.001%).

I agree. I often have wondered why there are more people complaining about side effects when inhibiting 5AR, compared to those who block testosterone production. I believe it has a lot to do with 5AR being important for us, in which inhibiting that enzyme will do more harm than good in the long-run.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

For some people, find/duta doesn't work. But again the vast majority of people get a good response on it.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is why pictures need to be posted. His literally said the drugs aren’t working for him anymore. Casting fear into all our heads that it could happen to us. And it turns out he has no hairloss what so ever. How many other posts and threads have users posted over the years like this scenario.

He probably thinks that his side parting is hairloss. His been on 300mg of spironolactone for months too. What a waste of money lol
I dont think its a waste of money, prevention is key

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree. I often have wondered why there are more people complaining about side effects when inhibiting 5AR, compared to those who block testosterone production. I believe it has a lot to do with 5AR being important for us, in which inhibiting that enzyme will do more harm than good in the long-run.
Its why cycling this stuff is important

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is why pictures need to be posted. His literally said the drugs aren’t working for him anymore. Casting fear into all our heads that it could happen to us. And it turns out he has no hairloss what so ever. How many other posts and threads have users posted over the years like this scenario.

He probably thinks that his side parting is hairloss. His been on 300mg of spironolactone for months too. What a waste of money lol
I tell you one thing. If the hairs are in the process of miniaturisation, it can be reversed using the right treatment. However, if the hairs have been lost entirely, you have to be extremely lucky to regrow it even if you use full HRT. Not everyone is blessed like @bridgeburn . Therefore, It is necessary to stop miniaturisation regardless of how many hairs you have left ( which are about to die).

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do I do then? I heard that reducing it to 0.5 mg will be detrimental for my hair.
I have no idea. First order the DHT test and see what 2.5mg is doing for you. If your body is reacting badly (ie., ARs may have been upregulated), you shall have to tinker w your regimen.

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
on dutasteride? ur sure you arent talking about 900mg cpa or 500mg spironolactone which you are also on right?
I'm talking about dutasteride. my regimen is now 1 mg of estradiol every other day. and 6 avodart capsules every other day. my body rests every 24 hours. this mode is enough for good hair

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
0.5mg everyday dutasteride for 3 months.

Small hair all over temples, but still seems to be receding. Sorry for the bad photo, you can't see the small hairs but they're there. Just nothing getting bigger

Also now taking 25mg of cypro since last week, will probably upgrade to 50 at some point.

View attachment 126252
new hair will be transparent and very small for a very long time. somewhere around a year. I advise you to dye your hair. invisible hair will immediately become visible.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
6 avodart capsules every other day.

my body rests every 24 hours

hate to break it to you, but I dont think 6 avodart capsules is safe or necessary