Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One of my temples thickened up a ton, the other much less so (but still slightly). But even so, the hairs like you mentioned have been somewhat stuck at a few inches of length.

Same, my right temple is like actually really cosmetically significantly filled in down to NW1/0.5 even. The left is filled in as well, but not nearly as much or as dark. If I had very short hair, it would just look like a normal hairline tbh, maybe a little uneven but that's it. I just wish it'd grow, even if it wasn't natural density it would help so I could use long hair styles more effectively with my real hair.

Literally have a pair of clip in bangs in the mail atm seeing if that will look natural because wigs are annoying to wear daily

Yeah, before i even had noticeable hair loss my temples stopped growing past 1 inch when i was 16 years old and they never grew longer than 1 inch ever again.

sh*t. Okay, thank you for the input

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn and @Itsnoahkennedy

Have you all had any issues with the frontal area, particularly the temples and/or the little island in the center most people develop after their temples recede not growing past a certain length? Mine seems to only want to grow a few inches, and the temples even less so. I'm seeing some progress after altering my own protocol but I am just curious if you all have run into this issue and what you did to solve it, if you did. Thanks.

Dunno if y'all are actually trans or just joking in your last few posts, I am sorry to say I could not find the time to go through 400 pages+ to find out lol but if you are hit me up if y'all ever wanna do a video for YouTube or something... I'm launching a channel here soon that's meant to be like trans girl teaches other trans girls makeup sort of thing but I also plan on talking about hair and skin care stuff etc etc so your input may be welcomed :p

View attachment 126580
My temples used to be slick bald skin dessert, now its covered in tiny hairs. Over time the improvement has closed in toward the stubborn center, gone kinda from this shape: ) to >

After a certain point, all the easy and medium difficulty hairs is recovered and only stubborn hairs remain. Then further improvement became painfully slow, my thin temple hairs grew about 1/4 of an inch this past year lol. Lately, It seems to be improving more again since I've recently switched to bica. So, I wonder if any slight receptor upregulation combined with the weak partial agonist activity of cypro and spironolactone possibly could cause a plateu in results for most?? I've been on HRT for 2 years btw.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My temples used to be slick bald skin dessert, now its covered in tiny hairs. Over time the improvement has closed in toward the stubborn center, gone kinda from this shape: ) to >

After a certain point, all the easy and medium difficulty hairs is recovered and only stubborn hairs remain. Then further improvement became painfully slow, my thin temple hairs grew about 1/4 of an inch this past year lol. Lately, It seems to be improving more again since I've recently switched to bica. So, I wonder if any slight receptor upregulation combined with the weak partial agonist activity of cypro and spironolactone possibly could cause a plateu in results for most?? I've been on HRT for 2 years btw.
whats ur full regimen? ill chime in and give my opinion

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn and @Itsnoahkennedy

Have you all had any issues with the frontal area, particularly the temples and/or the little island in the center most people develop after their temples recede not growing past a certain length? Mine seems to only want to grow a few inches, and the temples even less so. I'm seeing some progress after altering my own protocol but I am just curious if you all have run into this issue and what you did to solve it, if you did. Thanks.

Dunno if y'all are actually trans or just joking in your last few posts, I am sorry to say I could not find the time to go through 400 pages+ to find out lol but if you are hit me up if y'all ever wanna do a video for YouTube or something... I'm launching a channel here soon that's meant to be like trans girl teaches other trans girls makeup sort of thing but I also plan on talking about hair and skin care stuff etc etc so your input may be welcomed :p

View attachment 126580

You are so pretty!

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same, my right temple is like actually really cosmetically significantly filled in down to NW1/0.5 even. The left is filled in as well, but not nearly as much or as dark. If I had very short hair, it would just look like a normal hairline tbh, maybe a little uneven but that's it. I just wish it'd grow, even if it wasn't natural density it would help so I could use long hair styles more effectively with my real hair.

Literally have a pair of clip in bangs in the mail atm seeing if that will look natural because wigs are annoying to wear daily

sh*t. Okay, thank you for the input
Out of curiosity, how long of you been on HRT? Were you always on injections and if not then what point did you switch? Any idea on your T and E blood levels?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
whats ur full regimen? ill chime in and give my opinion
50mg Bicalutimide
6mg Estrofem (2mg bucally 3x a day)
.5mg dutasteride
100mg oral progesterone
10mg oral minoxidil every other day

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Boy dutasteride really made me forget about the meaning of shedding.I started oral minoxidil 2 weeks ago and never seen anything like this :D. Now i understand why people fearing about minoxidil shedding.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
50mg Bicalutimide
6mg Estrofem (2mg bucally 3x a day)
.5mg dutasteride
100mg oral progesterone
10mg oral minoxidil every other day
I would drop the oral progesterone completely and keep everything else the same because progesterone has partial agonist activity of the AR, 50mg of Bicalutamide with dutasteride should block around 650ng/dl of Testosterone completely and anyways with that dose of E your T must be <100ng/dl. By using progesterone you still allow for some AR signaling to be present.

I

JaySegura

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, I’ve been reading you for a long time and decided to make a account. I’ve got a question, I was in bica 75 mg and estradiol 2mg daily for two months, but noticed my muscle mass started to fade and I freaked out, I dropped the estradiol and now I take 150 mg bica everyday, it’s been a week since then. I wonder, will I still be able to get result and halts hair loss? Also will I still be able to get good results in the gym taking bica? Another thing I take 0,5 dutasteride evey other day. Greetings from Dominican Republic. ❤️

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are so pretty!

Thank you, the blonde wig and full beat of makeup really help with that, but I appreciate you saying that nonetheless.

Out of curiosity, how long of you been on HRT? Were you always on injections and if not then what point did you switch? Any idea on your T and E blood levels?

My timeline is a lil fucky because I started HRT (pills, 4mg E+200mg spironolactone+1mg finasteride for the first year, then 6mg E, 200mg spironolactone, 5mg medroxyprogesterone, 0.5mg dutasteride) in February 2015... continued it consistently until I met my now fiance in March of 2017, by August of 2017 I had become increasingly inconsistent with my HRT because of life circumstances faced with said fiance until I eventually discontinued HRT in around January 2018. I stayed mostly off of hormones from then until May of 2019, when I resumed taking hormones consistently. From May until July I was taking 6mg E oral, 200mg spironolactone, 0.5mg dutasteride, 100mg progresterone. From July until now I've taken 7mg E intramuscularly, 50mg bicalutamide, 0.5mg dutasteride, 100mg progesterone oral (but I am planning on doing rectal admin soon because the bioavailability is a lot higher).

So truly I don't know what to say when people how long I've been on HRT because things have been really back and forth for me the past 4 years. I was on HRT for 2 years, but then I had to quit for almost as long as I was on HRT and I lost almost all results apart from (most of) my hair, some fat distribution, my tits, and body hair thinning. My face and skin had reverted pretty much entirely to how it was pre-HRT. So I tend to think of my progress more in a mindframe of only having been on hormones since May and like I've got a lot more feminization to expect but I don't know if that is gonna end up being true or what... lol

Also, no idea about my current levels since starting injections (I'm DIY because I'm unemployed currently) but I know when I still had insurance and a job and was on 6mg E/200mg spironolactone etc I was pretty consistently around like 300pg/mL and <20 ng/dL T, virtually undetectable DHT thanks to dutasteride/HRT working in tandem.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
what? no it doesn't. you must be thinking of synthetic progestins
"SAAs include CPA, megestrol acetate, chlormadinone acetate, and spironolactone.[73][74] These drugs are steroids, and similarly to NSAAs, act as competitive antagonists of the AR, reducing androgenic activity in the body.[75]:79 In contrast to NSAAs however, they are non-selective, also binding to other steroid hormone receptors, and exhibit a variety of other activities including progestogenic, antigonadotropic, glucocorticoid, and/or antimineralocorticoid.[73][74] In addition, they are not silent antagonists of the AR, but are rather weak partial agonists with the capacity for both antiandrogenic and androgenic actions"

your regimen looks good anyways though, you have gained lots of hair :)

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you all identifying as cisgender males, or are you somewhere else on the spectrum?

Not wanting to offend anyone in the slightest, just when I read through here from time to time it seems that you may not be which would explain why you are so prepared to pursue such aggressive regimens.

Personally I would not be prepared to pursue anything that produces feminising effects so just wondering if this stuff you are talking about is out of the question for someone in my position if I was to choose to do go down this path, or should I stop looking through this thread and focus on peppermint oil and LLLT?

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you all identifying as cisgender males, or are you somewhere else on the spectrum?

Not wanting to offend anyone in the slightest, just when I read through here from time to time it seems that you may not be which would explain why you are so prepared to pursue such aggressive regimens.

Personally I would not be prepared to pursue anything that produces feminising effects so just wondering if this stuff you are talking about is out of the question for someone in my position if I was to choose to do go down this path, or should I stop looking through this thread and focus on peppermint oil and LLLT?

I'm fine if i look like a girl or a guy or a mix of both, I'm non-binary, so either way it's perfectly fine with me.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
"SAAs include CPA, megestrol acetate, chlormadinone acetate, and spironolactone.[73][74] These drugs are steroids, and similarly to NSAAs, act as competitive antagonists of the AR, reducing androgenic activity in the body.[75]:79 In contrast to NSAAs however, they are non-selective, also binding to other steroid hormone receptors, and exhibit a variety of other activities including progestogenic, antigonadotropic, glucocorticoid, and/or antimineralocorticoid.[73][74] In addition, they are not silent antagonists of the AR, but are rather weak partial agonists with the capacity for both antiandrogenic and androgenic actions"
this is talking about progestins, not bio-identical progesterone

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score

I live every moment without preconceived notions of myself

FB_IMG_1562409355139.jpg

Personally I would not be prepared to pursue anything that produces feminising effects so just wondering if this stuff you are talking about is out of the question for someone in my position
Everthing is in question no matter your position, there are no rules. Some of us on here are masculine and take E or receptor blockers temporary or try to take it while fighting gyno with raloxifene or surgery, others don't mind feminizing at all and just nuke the system. Weigh the pros and cons and do what makes you happier.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I live every moment without preconceived notions of myself

View attachment 126594

Everthing is in question no matter your position, there are no rules. Some of us on here are masculine and take E or receptor blockers temporary or try to take it while fighting gyno with raloxifene or surgery, others don't mind feminizing at all and just nuke the system. Weigh the pros and cons and do what makes you happier.

He said it perfectly ^

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Unless you add estrogen, the feminizing effects will likely be limited to sebum reduction and slightly less body hair, as well as a chance of minor gyno. But the most noticeable effect (depending on the AA) would likely be reduced libido. And depending on your preference, that could be either a good a bad thing.

If you were to add estrogen though, you will get much more significant gyno and feminine fat distribution. But depending on your age, it won't affect bones if they've already fused.

Feminization could mean as little as looking like a younger guy but if growing boobs is out of the question, you definitely shouldn't consider estrogen.

Personally I could care less about my masculinity and have preferred all the effects of HRT.

But finasteride is probably a better first stepping stone if you are worried about any possible feminization. It should at least be a more potent option than peppermint oil and LLLT.