Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
This was interesting although depressing. So basically for some of us there’s just nothing we can do currently, literally nothing. No amount of AA or estrogen can help if you have a DHEA-S problem.

I didn’t realize enzalutamide addressed this pathway, that’s certainly of interest.
And I have that problem. I have too many adrenal androgens. My DHEA-S levels are about 671 ng/dl, while the norm for my age is 35-569 ng/dl.

My T is very low; 317 ng/dl

E2: 28 pg/ml

Sadly got no DHT tested.

PSA: 0,56 ng/ml

But yeah I am fucked. I have too many adrenal androgens and I don't know how to combat them. Oof, any ideas? Are there any DHEA-S blockers? Lmao

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And I have that problem. I have too many adrenal androgens. My DHEA-S levels are about 671 ng/dl, while the norm for my age is 35-569 ng/dl.

My T is very low; 317 ng/dl

E2: 28 pg/ml

Sadly got no DHT tested.

PSA: 0,56 ng/ml

But yeah I am fucked. I have too many adrenal androgens and I don't know how to combat them. Oof, any ideas? Are there any DHEA-S blockers? Lmao
Abiraterone acetate addresses DHEA, whereas enzalutamide just has a strong binding affinity, while preventing translocation of the AR from the cytoplasm to the nucleus.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Abiraterone acetate addresses DHEA, whereas enzalutamide just has a strong binding affinity, while preventing translocation of the AR from the cytoplasm to the nucleus.
Sadly, I can't use Abiraterone Acetate because it stops synthesis of T adrenal AND testicular.

I am desperate... Bica will not help me, I have too many adrenal androgens flowing around but not many testicular.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, then why do you need more than 50mg of Bicalutamide? Do you have a growing beard, acne, oily skin?
I grew a full beard when I was 15, never had facial acne, but on back and shoulders and oily face, nose and especially scalp. I think my main androgens are adrenal androgens.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sadly, I can't use Abiraterone Acetate because it stops synthesis of T adrenal AND testicular.

I am desperate... Bica will not help me, I have too many adrenal androgens flowing around but not many testicular.
What's the difference to Bicalutamide, where are your androgens from? The receptor will be busy anyway

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, then why do you need more than 50mg of Bicalutamide? Do you have a growing beard, acne, oily skin?
50mg will be enough for me, if I didnt have adrenal androgen problem. A Doctor already said I need to check that with an endo again.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the difference to Bicalutamide, where are your androgens from? The receptor will be busy anyway
Abiraterone Acetate is used in castration resistant PC and kills most likely ALL your androgens everywhere. It doesnt block AR, I think. It just stops synthesis by inhibiting P450 (CYP17) enzyms.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I might need 100mg Bicalutamide to combat the adrenal ones... Back in 2017 a Doctor said I should check my kidneys and my adrenal gland... I think this is no coincidence. My hair loss is hormonal/androgen driven 100%.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Abiraterone Acetate is used in castration resistant PC and kills most likely ALL your androgens everywhere. It doesnt block AR, I think. It just stops synthesis by inhibiting P450 (CYP17) enzyms.
You say the adrenal glands secrete a lot of hormones (although your T is low, is your DHT high?). Bicalutamide blocks receptors. What difference does it make where your hormones come from if the receptor is blocked anyway?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
You say the adrenal glands secrete a lot of hormones (although your T is low, is your DHT high?). Bicalutamide blocks receptors. What difference does it make where your hormones come from if the receptor is blocked anyway?
Its just that the DHEA is tooo high and it can make any androgen it wants. If the AR is blocked the cells will say "oooh we get deprived of androgens", thus the DHEA-S comes to the cells and DHEA-S makes more androgens, especially DHT, in tissues.

Because of that I might experience hyperandrogenicity.

I have no clue... what to do... this battle will be REALLY hard for me.

I will be bald anyways in a few years, already have NW7 diffuse, guess the adrenals raped the follicles for a long time already.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I need to adress DHEA, I wonder if Spironolactone has any effect to it, as it's a diuretic and has AA properties...

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know how high my DHT is, probably high, I will soon take duta as a supportive role.