Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
wtf how this is even possible
I think this is a uncommon stuff and it only happens for those who already have very active 5ar1 naturally(I got this confirmed), so when there is no androgen signaling due to oversupression with e2,dutasteride and bica, body tries to get androgens desperately to compensate the loss (similar stuff happens when you take bica without stopping HPG Axis with progestagens or high estradiol levels, your body tries to compensate the lost of Testosterone producing it in more quantity). How can does the body achieve androgen signaling with every androgen supressed as hell and also a supressed HPG Axis? Correct by 5ar overproduction. Since T is already supressed, 5ar2 is useless so T can't increase much the DHT. For those with very active 5ar1 all the androstenedione which is produced in higer quantites on the adrenal glands, most of that androstenedione start to convert into DHT by 5ar1. Since bica can't stop 5ar and dutas only inhibit 50% of the 5ar1 with the standard 0.5 mg dosage, the body has a room to upregulate that 50% left that is not inhibited by anything. That is why my DHT increased on the first place I'm now 100% sure after several blood test and that is why my DHT came back at 3.5 ng/dl now that I use between 4.5 to 5 mg dutasteride daily. It is not a coincidence that on december last year I had very low DHT(4.5 ng/dl) and after using daily bica my DHT on march 2024 started to rise to 18 and then 21 ng/dl in June and stayed like that till this last blood test done last week(which came back at 3.5 ng/dl) after keeping doing blood test on august, september and october to see if the DHT was lower, but it wasn't.

sg2000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this is a uncommon stuff and it only happens for those who already have very active 5ar1 naturally(I got this confirmed), so when there is no androgen signaling due to oversupression with e2,dutasteride and bica, body tries to get androgens desperately to compensate the loss (similar stuff happens when you take bica without stopping HPG Axis with progestagens or high estradiol levels, your body tries to compensate the lost of Testosterone producing it in more quantity). How can does the body achieve androgen signaling with every androgen supressed as hell and also a supressed HPG Axis? Correct by 5ar overproduction. Since T is already supressed, 5ar2 is useless so T can't increase much the DHT. For those with very active 5ar1 all the androstenedione which is produced in higer quantites on the adrenal glands, most of that androstenedione start to convert into DHT by 5ar1. Since bica can't stop 5ar and dutas only inhibit 50% of the 5ar1 with the standard 0.5 mg dosage, the body has a room to upregulate that 50% left that is not inhibited by anything. That is why my DHT increased on the first place I'm now 100% sure after several blood test and that is why my DHT came back at 3.5 ng/dl now that I use between 4.5 to 5 mg dutasteride daily. It is not a coincidence that on december last year I had very low DHT(4.5 ng/dl) and after using daily bica my DHT on march 2024 started to rise to 18 and then 21 ng/dl in June and stayed like that till this last blood test done last week(which came back at 3.5 ng/dl) after keeping doing blood test on august, september and october to see if the DHT was lower, but it wasn't.
will inprevent this sh*t in the first place using only e2 and duta without bica?

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
will inprevent this sh*t in the first place using only e2 and duta without bica?
I don't know your genetic so I dont know if you have over expression of 5ar1. You should do a genetic test for those to find out if you have potential of getting upregulation with bica or not. Anyways using e2 injections and megadose of dutasteride could be equally effective than e2 with standard dosage of dutasteride + bica, unless you are very sensitive to Testosterone and even low levels causes you issues with skin oil or acne which might further improve with bica, but for hair I don't think there will be benefits if you use e2 + megadose dutasteride tbh

sg2000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know your genetic so I dont know if you have over expression of 5ar1. You should do a genetic test for those to find out if you have potential of getting upregulation with bica or not. Anyways using e2 injections and megadose of dutasteride could be equally effective than e2 with standard dosage of dutasteride + bica, unless you are very sensitive to Testosterone and even low levels causes you issues with skin oil or acne which might further improve with bica, but for hair I don't think there will be benefits if you use e2 + megadose dutasteride tbh
i have oily skin on the back on the forhead and ofc on my scalp.Do you think e2 injections can be fine?What should i do wtf how do i prevent any upregulation ??

Last edited:

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
i have oily skin on the back on the forhead and ofc on my scalp.Do you think e2 injections can be fine?What should i do wtf how do i prevent any upregulation ??
You can always start with injections + standard dosage dutas and wait few weeks to see if oily skin resolves, if it does you keep that regimen for like 2-3 months and see if there is regrowth, if your skin is still oily u can either try megadose dutasteride or stay on standard dutasteride and do bica, depends on what you prefer.

Pey'J

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure that it is because of the duta dosage and not the fact you stopped bica?

Pey'J

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
could cyproterone acetate cause something similar or is would it be different because it doesn't just block the receptor?

Pey'J

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so am I correct when saying that the excess testosterone produced from not being able to bind to the receptor cannot convert to dht through 5ar1, decides to convert large amounts of excess T into androstenedione which in turn converts into androstanedione due to the dutasteride only partially blocking the 5ar2 enzyme hence converting to dht? But wouldn't the bica over power the DHT at the receptor by shear volume? Also shouldn't the amount of estrogen you are taking de regulate the receptor as well as antagonise test?

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
so am I correct when saying that the excess testosterone produced from not being able to bind to the receptor cannot convert to dht through 5ar1, decides to convert large amounts of excess T into androstenedione which in turn converts into androstanedione due to the dutasteride only partially blocking the 5ar2 enzyme hence converting to dht?
Could be a theory but dutasteride does not partially blocks 5ar2, it literally nukes 5ar2 even at 0.5 mg dosage. I think you meant 5ar1 and yeah on my blood test when I increased bica, Testosterone was indeed lower and androstenedione too while DHT got way higher. Some T(not large amounts) was converted to androstenedione, then a large amount of that androstenedione was converted to DHT cause my androstenedione lowered significantly while DHT was x4 higher than before.
But wouldn't the bica over power the DHT at the receptor by shear volume? Also shouldn't the amount of estrogen you are taking de regulate the receptor as well as antagonise test?
To block 25 ng/dl DHT you need a lot of bica. I was taking 25 mg daily back then when it messed up with me. Increasing it wouldn't be the solution since my body would upregulate indefinitely I think.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure that it is because of the duta dosage and not the fact you stopped bica?
No because before that I have done trials of stopping bica for few months and the DHT was literally the same in blood tests. Megadose dutasteride just nuked my 5ar1.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
could cyproterone acetate cause something similar or is would it be different because it doesn't just block the receptor?
CPA made my DHT even higher. It was giving me prolactin issues even at 3 mg every other day. Such a sh*t drug I must say.

sg2000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could be a theory but dutasteride does not partially blocks 5ar2, it literally nukes 5ar2 even at 0.5 mg dosage. I think you meant 5ar1 and yeah on my blood test when I increased bica, Testosterone was indeed lower and androstenedione too while DHT got way higher. Some T(not large amounts) was converted to androstenedione, then a large amount of that androstenedione was converted to DHT cause my androstenedione lowered significantly while DHT was x4 higher than before.

To block 25 ng/dl DHT you need a lot of bica. I was taking 25 mg daily back then when it messed up with me. Increasing it wouldn't be the solution since my body would upregulate indefinitely I think.
so bica is useless after all

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
so bica is useless after all
I think so when you already have suppresed T, bica starts to get useless, cause bica is best for Testosterone. You would need a high dosage bica that isn't even needed cause if you have high dht and you want to supress it on receptor level you will need a lot of bica and that would make your T to 0, which can cause complications long term. I am testing the dutasteride megadose and will be able to get conclusions in half a year. dutasteride is way superior for DHT cause it's its whole role, for T you already have e2 and you don't really need to block receptors if you have nuked dht by megadoses dutasteride, we are not cancer patients which needs to have 0 testosterone 0 dht and 0 androgens in general.