Follica Annual Reports And Accounts April 2017

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
You should be ashamed of yourself. You should hang your head in shame. You have zero honor. You attack other people that you know are correct just because you don't like what they're saying.

Tsuji confirms at least 2 of the 3 problems I cited:

1. He says functionality is still a problem. By functionality he means inductivity and inductivity is one of the big problems I cited. INDUCTIVITY, INDUCTIVITY, INDUCTIVITY.

2. He affirms that many, maybe even all, Androgenetic Alopecia patients will thin in their donor area and when they thin in their donor area newly implanted hair put into their recipient/balding area will also be affected because the cells used to create the newly implanted hairs will come from the donor area. This means that even if Tsuji finds the solution to the inductivity problem the newly implanted hairs will still thin over time the same as the donor area hair thins over time.

These 2 issues (INDUCTIVITY & Androgenetic Alopecia thinning of donor hairs) are 2 of the 3 problem issues I've cited and Team Tsuji confirms that I have a valid point regarding these 2 problems.

Hi Nameless. I already post this following message. I don't know exactly if this is an answer of their issue about the culturing problem but there is an interesting study published this February 2017 from Professor Ken-Ichiro Kamei (Kyoto University)

Title : " Nano-on-micro fibrous extracellular matrices for scalable expansion of human ES/iPS cells" February 2017

Abstract
Human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs) hold great potential for industrial and clinical applications. Clinical-grade scaffolds and high-quality hPSCs are required for cell expansion as well as easy handling and manipulation of the products. Current hPSC culture methods do not fulfill these requirements because of a lack of proper extracellular matrices (ECMs) and cell culture wares. We developed a layered nano-on-micro fibrous cellular matrix mimicking ECM, named "fiber-on-fiber (FF)" matrix, which enables easy handling and manipulation of cultured cells. While non-woven sheets of cellulose and polyglycolic acid were used as a microfiber layer facilitating mechanical stability, electrospun gelatin nanofibers were crosslinked on the microfiber layer, generating a mesh structure with connected nanofibers facilitating cell adhesion and growth. Our results showed that the FF matrix supports effective hPSC culture with maintenance of their pluripotency and normal chromosomes over two months, as well as effective scaled-up expansion, with fold increases of 54.1 ± 15.6 and 40.4 ± 8.4 in cell number per week for H1 human embryonic stem cells and 253G1 human induced pluripotent stem cells, respectively. This simple approach to mimick the ECM may have important implications after further optimization to generate lineage-specific products.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@nameless Having thinning hairs in donnor area does not mean all the donnor area is thinning. Most people have enough healthy follicles.. what if we use healthy cells ... ; ):p

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
A new study " Macrophages induce AKT/β-catenin-dependent Lgr5+ stem cell activation and hair follicle regeneration through TNF. " March 2017

Abstract

Skin stem cells can regenerate epidermal appendages; however, hair follicles (HF) lost as a result of injury are barely regenerated. Here we show that macrophages in wounds activate HF stem cells, leading to telogen-anagen transition (TAT) around the wound and de novo HF regeneration, mostly through TNF signalling. Both TNF knockout and overexpression attenuate HF neogenesis in wounds, suggesting dose-dependent induction of HF neogenesis by TNF, which is consistent with TNF-induced AKT signalling in epidermal stem cells in vitro. TNF-induced β-catenin accumulation is dependent on AKT but not Wnt signalling. Inhibition of PI3K/AKT blocks depilation-induced HF TAT. Notably, Pten loss in Lgr5+ HF stem cells results in HF TAT independent of injury and promotes HF neogenesis after wounding. Thus, our results suggest that macrophage-TNF-induced AKT/β-catenin signalling in Lgr5+ HF stem cells has a crucial role in promoting HF cycling and neogenesis after wounding.

edit : Tamoxifen Treatment
ncomms14091-f5.jpg

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
@nameless Having thinning hairs in donnor area does not mean all the donnor area is thinning. Most people have enough healthy follicles.. what if we use healthy cells ... ; ):p

I work at a hospital and I see a lot of men (and some women) who have totally thinned hairs in the donor area. All of the hairs. They're thin and wispy and you can tell that they aren't growing anymore. Some men (and some women) get to that point in their 20s, 30s, and 40s. I'm not to that point but I see it all the time at the hospital. Quite frankly it horrifies me. It means that all of the cells in those guy's donor area are unhealthy. All of them. Those guys do not have even one thick hair that still grows long. Every last hair is thin and fine.

Team Tsuji is acknowledging the issue I'm raising but they're saying the same thing you're saying - that there shoulld still be some healthy cells back there to be found. But I don't see how there can be healthy cells back there if every last hair is short and fine.

Last edited:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
These posts are getting
I work at a hospital and I see a lot of men (and some women) who have totally thinned hairs in the donor area. All of the hairs. They're thin and wispy and you can tell that they aren't growing anymore. Some men (and some women) get to that point in their 20s, 30s, and 40s. I'm not to that point but I see it all the time at the hospital. Quite frankly it horrifies me. It means that all of the cells in those guy's donor area are unhealthy. All of them. Those guys do not have even one thick hair that still grows long. Every last hair is thin and fine.

Team Tsuji is acknowledging the issue I'm raising but they're saying the same thing you're saying - that there shoulld still be some healthy cells back there to be found. But I don't see how there can be healthy cells back there if every last hair is short and fine.

Do you mean patients? I mean some illnesses, even medications can complicate hair loss I would imagine.

my mother is close to 80 she has very advanced Androgenetic Alopecia to the point in a biopsy it came back as 'scaring' but it was just years and years of Androgenetic Alopecia.
BUT even with her I see more density in her back hair compared to her front hair.
I'm not following all of this thread--but I would imagine they will do a biopsy and from the biopsy (or sample) they will be able to cross section it and find hair that is 'good' healthy strong hair..
I am wrong someone please correct me because I am not reading the whole thread and I am making some assumptions.
Also if a 'cure' comes out and it helps 85% (guessing) of the people...its still a 'cure'. Maybe not everyone is going to be helped but that does not make it less significant.
Chemo helps a lot of people but not everyone.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
These posts are getting

Do you mean patients? I mean some illnesses, even medications can complicate hair loss I would imagine.

my mother is close to 80 she has very advanced Androgenetic Alopecia to the point in a biopsy it came back as 'scaring' but it was just years and years of Androgenetic Alopecia.
BUT even with her I see more density in her back hair compared to her front hair.
I'm not following all of this thread--but I would imagine they will do a biopsy and from the biopsy (or sample) they will be able to cross section it and find hair that is 'good' healthy strong hair..
I am wrong someone please correct me because I am not reading the whole thread and I am making some assumptions.
Also if a 'cure' comes out and it helps 85% (guessing) of the people...its still a 'cure'. Maybe not everyone is going to be helped but that does not make it less significant.
Chemo helps a lot of people but not everyone.

I work at a hospital so they are patients but I have seen enough of them at the hospital and out about in town that it's clear that lots of people's donor area thins...and I mean ALL of their individual donor hairs get thin and short. It's my understanding that, that means that all of their follicles have miniaturized. And if all of their follicles have miniaturized I think that means all of the cells are severely affected by Androgenetic Alopecia.

If they even had one good hair left I would feel differently, but I see lots of men and some women with only thinner shorter hairs in the donor area. I wish it weren't true but it is. I think that the poster here who calls himself PolarBear is one of them.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score

Even if you have healthy cells in your donor area they won't stay healthy forever. Since your newly created hairs from Tsuji will be created using donor area hairs that means that when your donor area thins so will your newly implanted hairs. Your newly implanted hairs will follow the same path as your donor area hair since they were "cloned" from your donor area cells.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Nameless. I already post this following message. I don't know exactly if this is an answer of their issue about the culturing problem but there is an interesting study published this February 2017 from Professor Ken-Ichiro Kamei (Kyoto University)

Title : " Nano-on-micro fibrous extracellular matrices for scalable expansion of human ES/iPS cells" February 2017

Abstract
Human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs) hold great potential for industrial and clinical applications. Clinical-grade scaffolds and high-quality hPSCs are required for cell expansion as well as easy handling and manipulation of the products. Current hPSC culture methods do not fulfill these requirements because of a lack of proper extracellular matrices (ECMs) and cell culture wares. We developed a layered nano-on-micro fibrous cellular matrix mimicking ECM, named "fiber-on-fiber (FF)" matrix, which enables easy handling and manipulation of cultured cells. While non-woven sheets of cellulose and polyglycolic acid were used as a microfiber layer facilitating mechanical stability, electrospun gelatin nanofibers were crosslinked on the microfiber layer, generating a mesh structure with connected nanofibers facilitating cell adhesion and growth. Our results showed that the FF matrix supports effective hPSC culture with maintenance of their pluripotency and normal chromosomes over two months, as well as effective scaled-up expansion, with fold increases of 54.1 ± 15.6 and 40.4 ± 8.4 in cell number per week for H1 human embryonic stem cells and 253G1 human induced pluripotent stem cells, respectively. This simple approach to mimick the ECM may have important implications after further optimization to generate lineage-specific products.

Noisette, it appears that there has been some progress on the inductivity issue but the thing is that Tsuji is experimenting with his ideas for solving the inductivity problem. He isn't using these other researchers techniques. Maybe he should be. Maybe there is a complete solution to the inductivity problem. Some researchers have claimed they found a solution (at least a partial solution) to the inductivity problem but those researchers are not involved in big projects to cure hair loss. They're just trying to find a solution to that one inductivity problem for academic purposes. They are not part of the human trials activities. We don't know if Tsuji is incorporating any of these alleged solutions to the inductivity problem. Until someone like Tsuji, who is trying to bring an actual human cure to market, tries it we won't know how well these alleged inductivity solutions actually work on real living human heads. All of the success (partial and perhaps total success) has been achieved academically only in test tubes.

I need to hear someone like Tsuji or Shiseido to say "Hey we have a workable solution to the inductivity problem" and as soon as I hear (read) that I'll pop the champagne corks with the rest of you.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
In Team Tsuji's interview they said that Tsuji has some ideas for how to solve the inductivity problem and they were going to test those ideas. Is there a way that we can find out how those tests turned out? It would be nice to know with certainty if he has or hasn't achieved the desired result.

Also, I do acknowledge that the problem of Androgenetic Alopecia shrinking donor hairs is the lesser of the two problems. There may be ways to deal with that issue. I'm not sure there's a way but there might be. For example, perhaps if Replicel just keeps pushing new cells into the scalp that could help. I don't know for sure. In any case, the inductivity problem is the biggest problem so if Tsuji did find a solution then I'll be the first to say that the worse obstacles are taken care of. Can we contact Tsuji or someone on his team to find out how his inductivity experiments are coming along. And keep in mind that he calls inductivity "functionality".

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if you have healthy cells in your donor area they won't stay healthy forever. Since your newly created hairs from Tsuji will be created using donor area hairs that means that when your donor area thins so will your newly implanted hairs. Your newly implanted hairs will follow the same path as your donor area hair since they were "cloned" from your donor area cells.

any link to this nonsense. :cool:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
any link to this nonsense. :cool:

firstly, it was in one of the interview excerpts I just posted earlier today but it's also just common sense. If the new hair is created from hair cells in the donor region then of course the new hairs will follow the same path as the hairs in the donor region. If donor hairs thin then the new hairs will thin. And here below, the Team Tsuji representative pretty much says the same thing. He says that since the new hairs come from cells in the donor region, the new hairs will display the characteristics of the hairs in the donor region. And he specifically says that the new hairs will display the thickness/thinness and length of the hairs in the donor region.

3. Mr. Toyoshima: For regeneration of hair, the most important thing is whether hair can be regenerated or not rather than gene expression. In this sense, we conducted animal testing to regenerate hair and analyzed its form, and the internal structures which characterize hair. Further, we analyzed hair growth cycles. Hair grows and falls in cycles and in certain intervals between growth and resting phases. So we conducted analysis on these patterns. These analyses indicated that the form, internal structure, and especially hair cycle of regenerated hair will typically match all those traits from the follicles where the cells were originally collected. These factors are the most critical factors in defining the length and width of hair. As we succeeded in regenerating all of these factors, we feel that we have succeeded in regenerating all the characteristics which largely contribute to formation of naturally growing hair. We have succeeded in regenerating hair similar to the original normal hair.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
In the above quote that I numbered 3, the Tsuji rep is saying that the newly implanted hairs are created from cells in the donor region so the new hairs you get from those cells will display the same characteristics as the donor hairs that the cells came from. The new hair has the same internal workings as the donor area hair it came from, so the new hair will do the same thing as the donor hair it came from. When your donor hair miniaturizes the newly implanted hairs will also miniaturize. He pretty much says that when he says this:

"analyses indicated that the form, internal structure, and especially hair cycle of regenerated hair will typically match all those traits from the follicles where the cells were originally collected. These factors are the most critical factors in defining the length and width of hair."

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Perhaps.Then ,why old people with a so thin skin have always their hair ?

Some do, some don't.

The ones that do still have hair have stronger hair genes. People who hang out here are not the people with strong hair genes. Since you come here you are not one of the people with strong hair genes.

Last edited:

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When your donor hair miniaturizes the newly implanted hairs will also miniaturize. He pretty much says that when he says this:

True. The new hairs will have the same susceptibility to male pattern baldness and bald at the same rate once exposed to androgens.

But what makes you so sure the new hairs will bald at the same time as the existing hairs, without having gotten the same several decades of cumulative androgen damage yet? Nothing in the Tsuji comments suggests it.

Two snowballs rolling down a hill will gain size at the same rate as they go. But if you start one from the top of the hill, and start the 2nd one halfway down the hill, they won't end up being the same size when they reach the bottom.

Last edited:

Hairismylife

Established Member
Reaction score
Please don't reply the troll, the troll who is stupid enough to believe in Nigam and yet acting like a expert here posting a long long passage. I only read his first sentence because I don't wanna waste my time reading non sense BS. Clearly he wants everything fail coz he can't enjoy it when he is 50, what's the point still discussing with him? Just ignore him don't feed him.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this still going on?

Hair transplants work.

Just explain why hair transplants work if the tissue is as damaged as you say.

Tsujis method is a hair transplant in the end. The follicles are grown in a tube and then transplanted.

Now regarding the expansion of epithelial cells, they might solve the problem tomorrow or in ten years.

They estimate that they get it done in the next two years. Given that we all don't know in the slightest what we are talking about, I'm afraid we have to follow their estimation.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
True. The new hairs will have the same susceptibility to male pattern baldness and bald at the same rate once exposed to androgens.

But what makes you so sure the new hairs will bald at the same time as the existing hairs, without having gotten the same several decades of cumulative androgen damage yet? Nothing in the Tsuji comments suggests it.

Two snowballs rolling down a hill will gain size at the same rate as they go. But if you start one from the top of the hill, and start the 2nd one halfway down the hill, they won't end up being the same size when they reach the bottom.

1, ALL of your donor follicles are sensitive to androgen and ALL of your donor follicles have been exposed to androgen ever since your body has produced androgen.

2. Your donor follicles have cumulative androgen sensitivity damage, even if you can't detect the damage yet.

3. The cells to make the new follicles will come from out of those donor follicles, which ALL have cumulative androgen going back to when your body began producing androgen.

4. Your donor cells will transfer that damage to your new follicles. The damage will be built into the new follicles.

The key fact is that the cells they use to create the new follicles come from the follicles in your donor area where they have been being exposed to androgen ever since your body started producing androgen.These follicles that you think are brand new are actually copies of the OLDER follicles in your donor region. Those cells contain the cumulative damage already done to the follicles in your donor area.

Let me repeat what Tsuji's rep said again and you should really think about what it means. The new follicles that Tsuji will create are replicas of the old follicles in you donor area BECAUSE THEY ORIGINATE FROM THE CELLS IN THE OLD FOLLICLES OF YOUR DONOR REGION. This is why the new follicles have the same inner structures, thickness, length, growth cycles, and just about everything else as your existing donor hairs. These new follicles start their lives in the same state as your older follicles in your donor area. Read this quote from Team Tsuji again and again and again.

"analyses indicated that the form, internal structure, and especially hair cycle of regenerated hair will typically match all those traits from the follicles where the cells were originally collected. These factors are the most critical factors in defining the length and width of hair."

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Is this still going on?

Hair transplants work.

Just explain why hair transplants work if the tissue is as damaged as you say.

Yea hair transplants work but they have their drawbacks.

I had a hair transplant about 20 years ago. I had about 50 - 100 plugs (about 20 - 30 hairs in each plug) moved from my donor area to the front of my head. Twenty years ago those strands of hair were thick and so were all of my donor hairs. Now those implanted strands of hair hairs have lost about 25% of their thickness. They're thinner and finer and they seem a little weaker. My donor area hairs are ALL also about 25% thinner and finer and they also seem a little weaker. The hairs that were transplanted from my donor area over to my balding frontal area are following the same path as my donor area strands of hair.

Last edited: