Foreigners Views on Americans

GeminiX

Reaction score
Probably LA, though New York has a lot of work for me too.

The green card system is complex, so it would probably be more of a long term work visa rather than permanent residency.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Niceguy, here's message from the US, b**ch! :finger2: :finger2: :finger2: :finger2:

Who knew Toby Keith could type? (yes that snark does undercut my validity)

U.S foreign policy is atrocious, but that doesn't matter because even though you understood the point.. the grammar is what bothers you?

Secondly the U.S is going down the drain. That isn't "Anti American" that is simply what's occurring. Personally I don't wish it were so, but based on the current trajectory of the US it seems unlikely anything will change.

Cassin

Reaction score
Eureka said:
Personally I don't wish it were so, but based on the current trajectory of the US it seems unlikely anything will change.

everyone is always cynical...everything is always falling.....doom is always glooming.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Eureka said:
Personally I don't wish it were so, but based on the current trajectory of the US it seems unlikely anything will change.

everyone is always cynical...everything is always falling.....doom is always glooming.

Based on what facts? The same language does not equate to the same problems. Also, when heading towards icebergs, mayhap individuals note said icebergs, maybe they say "we should avoid a collision" the collision may be far off but that doesn't change the existence of the iceberg.. just because someone brought it up a few years ago. What it does mean is that measures to avoid such a collision become more drastic the closer you get.

wi11iam

Reaction score
Unless you have personally lived in America for a significant period of time, you cannot make snap judgements on its people and way of life, just like any other country.

The one thing that makes America great is that the people (on the whole) love the USA, and are proud of it no matter what. That is why I want to go back and live there one day.

I wish it were the same here in the UK, people are always moaning about something when we have a superb standard of living. Americans may take a lot of things for granted, but at least they recognise their country is the best in the world. Haters gonna hate.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wi11iam said:
Unless you have personally lived in America for a significant period of time, you cannot make snap judgements on its people and way of life, just like any other country.

The one thing that makes America great is that the people (on the whole) love the USA, and are proud of it no matter what. That is why I want to go back and live there one day.

I wish it were the same here in the UK, people are always moaning about something when we have a superb standard of living. Americans may take a lot of things for granted, but at least they recognise their country is the best in the world. Haters gonna hate.
we are in the eu, the grass is greener on the continent

moaning is just British, like rainy weather, chavs and apathy

jatropha

Reaction score
Very hard to generalise about such a large and varied country. I've been to N.Y, L.A, Detroit, Houston, and spent about a year in my childhood going to school in Princeton.

Like: how full of energy and resilient Americans are, how they are generally quite approachable and up for having fun.

Dislike: Fake L.A. people, and Americans who treat tenets of free-market capitalism as articles of faith.

Depresses me: The sheer number of working-class Americans voting for a party that wants to strip them of their rights and impoverish them.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jatropha said:
Very hard to generalise about such a large and varied country. I've been to N.Y, L.A, Detroit, Houston, and spent about a year in my childhood going to school in Princeton.

Like: how full of energy and resilient Americans are, how they are generally quite approachable and up for having fun.

Dislike: Fake L.A. people, and Americans who treat tenets of free-market capitalism as articles of faith.

Depresses me: The sheer number of working-class Americans voting for a party that wants to strip them of their rights and impoverish them.
:agree:
i have only been to america once and i was only 11 but i had to say a lot of it felt like i was living in the early 80's, not necessarily in a bad way, there are things i like about the 80's but i wasn't without it's annoyance.

i remember it being a small minority of Americans but there are some that follow the highly despised stereotype of someone who is arrogantly patriotic to the extent they believe being american is a form of superiority and people who are still living in this 60's red scare paranoia that the world will become a communist dictatorship if the healthcare bill passes etc

as i say the above stereotype is a minority but unfortunately that is the image that makes it across the ocean...so this image is pretty much what ruins it for everyone

but then again i am a brit with bad teeth......that's what happens when the govenment cuts free NHS dentistry :innocent:

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
somone uk said:
but then again i am a brit with bad teeth......that's what happens when the govenment cuts free NHS dentistry :innocent:

I think the phrase British Teeth is misleading. There is nothing wrong with the British Teeth health wise, it's just that they are yellow and not always straight.

I read in an article that one of the major causes of the British Teeth is the fluoride in the drinking water. Although, fluoride is supposed to prevent tooth decay, it also stains the teeth. After years of exposure to fluoride the Brits have yellow teeth.

I have met lots of Scandinavians with yellow teeth as well, at least they are darker compared to the southern europeans' teeth. I always presumed it was about the minerals in the water and the climate.

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
I am definitely pro-America. I've been to New York once, four or five years ago, and I had a wonderful time. The city is spectacular and the people that live there are unique. New Yorkers are the most polite, energetic and creative people in the world.

s.a.f

Reaction score
somone uk said:

The Labour government. :whistle:

But back to the subject, I would rather live in America than anywhere else. I think any American hatred is probably just jealousy.

Cassin

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="somone uk":1gvrz3sq]but then again i am a brit with bad teeth......that's what happens when the govenment cuts free NHS dentistry :innocent:

But back to the subject, I would rather live in America than anywhere else. I think any American hatred is probably just jealousy.[/quote:1gvrz3sq]
and the worst of our society is very entertaining and easy to make fun of. If I worked for any medi outlet I would focus on them to. The average American simply is not as interesting.

jersey-shore-clubs.jpg

s.a.f

Reaction score
And the UK follows ....

[youtube:pm8hvd0k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ODnE8yJaw[/youtube:pm8hvd0k]

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
Belmondo said:
I am definitely pro-America. I've been to New York once, four or five years ago, and I had a wonderful time. The city is spectacular and the people that live there are unique. New Yorkers are the most polite, energetic and creative people in the world.

I am not so sure about polite.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
s.a.f said:
[quote="somone uk":3uicqjuo]but then again i am a brit with bad teeth......that's what happens when the govenment cuts free NHS dentistry :innocent:

But back to the subject, I would rather live in America than anywhere else. I think any American hatred is probably just jealousy.
and the worst of our society is very entertaining and easy to make fun of. If I worked for any medi outlet I would focus on them to. The average American simply is not as interesting.

jersey-shore-clubs.jpg
[/quote:3uicqjuo]
Cassin said:
s.a.f said:
And the UK follows ....

[youtube:3uicqjuo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ODnE8yJaw[/youtube:3uicqjuo]

On behalf of all sane Americans I apologize.

it's either we have a pandemic of fornicating oranges or fake tan comes out of the new jersey and newcastle taps :shock:

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
The idea that Americans are hated abroad is pure myth. What people don't like is US foreign policy. Not exactly the same thing. If you travel to Morroco or Tunisia people understand you're not there to "invade Iraq and kick the arse of Arabs".