Hair is actually an overrated trait

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
He's coping. He will see the truth soon enough. And it's going to hurt a lot.

There can be no other explanation than coping, or a weird superiority complex.
In other words:
Either these people have a Jesus complex and they think they need to come here and preach that hair doesn't matter (you know, because people made up a forum called hair loss TALK to talk about how hair loss is a non-issue) or they are really trying to hide a harsh reality to themselves.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Can't you go back on them?

If I remember correctly, you are gifted in other areas. Am I wrong?

I could go back on them but it wouldn't change anything. Once the Androgenetic Alopecia is set in motion there is no reversing or stopping it. That said, I actually went back on a high estrogen birth control pill for a while, to see if it helped slow my hair loss, and it didn't. So I just stopped putting those hormones into my body altogether...

I am "gifted" in some ways, but cursed in others. Visually I am quite gifted (minus the hair loss), but I have some serious health issues + depression and anxiety so I wouldn't say I'm that lucky. I understand that I'm lucky in some ways, but in other ways I'm damned. I guess you'd have to be in my shoes to understand.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Leave Fred alone. Please. Why does everybody pick on him. It's getting old.
Him and me both, him and me both... :p Anyway, I might not agree with everything Fred says or stands for, but I know deep down he's a nice guy and I like him. He's one of my favorite members here by far *wink wink*

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Evillocks,

You have a decent face. And from what I heard, you have other things going for
you as well. A lot of people said some good things about you..

How'd you know I have a "decent" face, I don't remember me sharing a pic with you? Anyway, believe it or not, but looking good is not "everything" in this world. Yes, it's important and yes it'll get you far, but if your health is as poor as mine or worse, you understand what's truly important in life. This is something I have had to learn the hard way. If I had one wish it would not be to have a full head of hair back (believe it or not, coming from me), but to cure my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and insomnia. THEN I'd cure my hair loss, but first and foremost those two.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hairline separates your face from your scalp.
It tells people "hey, look here. This is my face, it starts and ends here."
When you're bald, you don't have a face anymore. There's the eyes mouth and nose but no clear starting point anymore, so it just throws off the whole thing aesthetically. This is why even SMP helps even though you're still fully bald. You have that line that defines your face. It's really important. You were born with a hairline, it's meant to be there.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Leave Fred alone. Please. Why does everybody pick on him. It's getting old.

The man himself just said it's only 2 or 3 guys (LOL) so if that's true then it's hardly an onslaught.

But I mean, k9, look what just happened, he spouted some ignorant nonsense about Israel, messed with someone who's moving there, a few people completely put into perspective what he's actually saying, and he doesn't reply.

Then in another thread he asks people like me why I apparently don't form actual arguments with him, well look what happens when you do! He thinks he has free reign to write any crap he wants unaccountably, and when called on it he just moves on to something else.

So "Why does everybody pick on him" well there's your answer, he doesn't half ask for it does he?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had to use Progesterone to grow my hair back (sometimes I'm ashamed to
admit it). Although, it was .25% in one milliliter.

Why are you ashamed of using progesterone?
Do you know that males produce progesterone as well? And that it's important for us too?
Females don't get to claim monopoly on progesterone. If it helps all the better. I'd love to get my hands on a lotion with lots of progesterone.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
That does suck. Didn't know your health was that bad. That's caused by a virus, am I wrong about that?

No, I would never want CFS.

However, I have insomnia. And I have crazy genes, which I won't go into too much detail. But it is bad.
I have gone over the deep end, many, many times. I was actually in a place once. Just leave it at that.
(Not saying you are).

My CFS was caused by mononucleosis most likely. It's hard, some days are worse than others though. At least I'm thankful that my CFS is not as bad as those people who have to lie in a dark room all day without barely being able to move... But I have really, really though days where I can barely function. So I have to plan my days in order to save my energy for where it's needed. Working out is out of the question though; that only makes me sick (literally). It's a struggle.

I understand if you don't want to share, and I don't judge you for it. And of course I get that I'm not the only one with problems outside of hair loss here, or that's had a hard life. Everyone has their own struggles, although some people are generally *much* luckier in life than others (not talking about you here of course).

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Believe me, I have a dark side. I've gone of on authority figures, many times. Cost me my job
even. My daughter also has this gene as well. It's from my Irish side of the family. And I don't
blame my genes for my bad decisions/judgement on my part.

But I would never want what you have. That's the worse, CFS. It's very dehumanizing. And being
tired all the time has got to suck, big time.

Can they give you medication for it?

I want to stress that I do NOT think my struggles are harder than anyone's here. I do not personally know anybody here and I won't judge anybody. But I also want to show that I'm not just a spoiled genetically blessed young female who's losing a bit of hair. I have my struggles, and they're real and it's tough. Life's unfair.
Yes, being tired all the time sucks. And no, there's no cure for CFS. Some people are able to cure it though. I read somewhere that clean eating will help with CFS so that's what I'm trying now...

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't have CFS but I had insomnia for years.

When I would go to sleep most nights around 1100pm or 1200am, I would roll in bed and not fall asleep for hours and then go to the bathroom several times. Due to the agitation and the boredom, I would end up going to the bathroom every thirty minutes, repeating until 300am or 400am. This is quite debilitating, it means I was tired all the time, and that I lived in an inefficient time since ~15% of my living time was spent completely wasted: rolling in bed and not falling asleep.

I could really use those extra 2,3, or 4 hours a day to exercise, or to study, or to read for pleasure, or to meet friends. I was using it to roll in bed and do no thing while trying to fall asleep. Talk about living life on hard mode. The most important gift any of us have is time. It's a gift w can't trade with anybody else, and we don't know how much we have. And I was losing 10-20% a day. Your time is being taken away from you, a second at a time, it's like being in jail but unlike being in jail there's no prison system to blame: just yourself, even if you don't know the cause.

This caused me problems with a workplace retreat, a bunch of us went to cottages in the country to study the Galaxy in depth, I was in the same cottage as this gossipy girl and she complained to one person who then told everybody else that I needed to get up to to go the bathroom every 30 minutes. It was discussed like I was some pathetic a**h**, when really it's a medical problem and I was a victim.

It's largely gone away lately and I think that's due to a combination of decreased body fat and increased muscle. I peaked at ~108 Kg. Now I'm down to ~86 Kg. It's known that obesity interfered with sleep, and also that higher testosterone and better sleep go together in men. I now have a different problem where I sometimes wake up too early, but I prefer that to taking forever to fall asleep.

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to stress that I do NOT think my struggles are harder than anyone's here. I do not personally know anybody here and I won't judge anybody. But I also want to show that I'm not just a spoiled genetically blessed young female who's losing a bit of hair. I have my struggles, and they're real and it's tough. Life's unfair.
Yes, being tired all the time sucks. And no, there's no cure for CFS. Some people are able to cure it though. I read somewhere that clean eating will help with CFS so that's what I'm trying now...

Are you considering trying no wheat products?

Also, in terms of not being able to exercise, there's a much easier form of exercise called "clinical pilates", it's focused, light exercise. One of my FB friends recently mentioned to me that pilates was part of what cured his CFS in 2006. I imagine yoga might give the same benefits, it's also a light exercise with a heavy brain component.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This caused me problems with a workplace retreat, a bunch of us went to cottages in the country to study the Galaxy in depth, I was in the same cottage as this gossipy girl and she complained to one person who then told everybody else that I needed to get up to to go the bathroom every 30 minutes. It was discussed like I was some pathetic a**h**, when really it's a medical problem and I was a victim.

Ouch, I think every person has been through a similar thing where nobody understands their circumstance (especially here on a hair loss forum) but when it's happened to me I try and take a step back afterwards and realise, it's not personal, it's just human nature to not be empathetic to something you don't entirely understand (although of course you may have adopted the same attitude).

If you never had an issue with insomnia and the roles were reversed, chances are you'd think the same as her. Maybe not, but most people do, it's just difficult to understand. For example I still get pissed off with those who talk in their sleep, I know it's irrational, I know I should be more empathetic, but some ignorant part of me thinks "What the f*** is this weirdo talking about?"

Anyway my working life requires me to be on call sometimes 24/7 basically, sometimes I'll need to be looking over the nightshift, or days, or weird hours if it's something overseas. This really messed with me with regards to sleeping of course, and I've never been great at sleeping anyway, but in the run up to Christmas last year I was sometimes going 2 or 3 days without sleeping- the most being 5 full days, and then I went out to a Christmas party, felt fine and not exhausted, got really drunk thinking I'd get home and crash to sleep with no problem. It still took a few hours, and I woke up 4 hours later, but that was still the best sleep I had in a month.

Starting running again "fixed" that but I'm still not a great sleeper, but it was just that simple thing. I did take 3 weeks off though to get a solid sleeping pattern, not everyone has that option, but exercise is really undervalued with things such as sleeping and mental health.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I relate to your night shift issues.

When I did 1 year of mining engineering at university, it included a 4 month internship working labour in a gold mine, where it was 2 weeks day shift and 2 weeks night shift, I had a very hard time switching from night shift to day sh*t.

As an astronomer, we sometimes go observing which means staying up all night. I did around 40 nights of observing in the past three years, usually 3 or 4 nights at a time which meant constantly shifting from day shift to night shift. I also had to switch everytime I travelled from Australia to North America or Europe (couple times a year total, then times two as the trip goes both ways). The constant shifting is awful. I will try and do it less often.

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
just lol seeing balding subhumans in gym when they trying to compensate their flaw

Even when they're black? You do know that most aren't trying to compensate sh-t right? Most do it for fun. Delusional morons do exist, but I take it that most men have a realistic mindset towards life.

Btw, how do you see the difference between a bald guy working out and a bald guy 'compensating' his flaws by going to the gym? I mean most already go to a gym when they do have a full head of hair. Should they just quit working out because they're going bald?

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
^Exactly. It's great how on a hair loss forum, where everyone here is trying to find ways of dealing with it, we have people who are even more judgemental about hair loss than the general public. And I guarantee this same person will get pissed off at how society looks upon baldness, all the while peddling this hypocrisy over such things like a bald guy working out as "compensating".

Well y'know what? Maybe it is compensating! What's wrong with that? Still no reason to make such a judgement call, but if you're lacking in one aspect of appearance, why not try and make up for it in other ways. Is that still laughable? Or is it that you can't be motivated to do the same thing and you're jealous?

For any neutral reading this, take no heed in "lol'ing" at compensating bald men, I don't personally try to get muscular or ripped, but not only does it give you bonuses on a personal achievement level, but it will make you more attractive, for that there is no doubt.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I had a date with this 32 year old woman yesterday. I see her coming from afar, and immediately think "f-ck, she's fat, she tricked me with her pictures." I still had a good time, but she gave me the usual speech: "Yeah I'm sure I'll meet a great handsome guy at a point, and I'll have children with him etc. I have all the time in the world!"

The truth is, she already quite old, she's fat, she had short hair, most men that will go with her will just take advantage of her insecurities for a quick f-ck. And how can she think that she will attract a quality man with all these faults? It takes at least 3 years for couples on average before they decide to have children, so even if she meets someone now, which I highly doubt, she will be 35 when they decide to have children, and there's a good chance that she will already be infertile or that her children will suffer from defects.

Oh and of course, she also said that she thinks she's not fat, but "curvy".

But yeah, "everything is going to be alright!" Reality doesn't matter, statistics don't matter, I will make it! That's how the vast majority of people think.

Lol, is it safe to say there won't be a 2nd date..?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
IWGPW.jpg
This guy is probably doing ok just looking good at him, though he'd benefit from losing 10 lbs (20 lbs?), shaving his Hitler moustache and shaving his sideburns. I've never seen a man who can pull off a Hitler moustache.

I might be biased though: he looks like one of my favourite hockey players:
G331809_b.jpg

1.They don't enjoy, nobody actually enjoys working out, it's a painful and lonely activity.

Lots of people enjoy exercise and sport. Some people run marathons for fun. They get a runner's high. One German guy I know gets into arguments with his wife: she wants him to quit marathons because the training time cuts into their schedule, but he just loves running them. He doesn't need to "cope", he has a hot wife, two kids, nice career, and he's an otherwise good looking guy and a NW3 in his mid 40s.

Aside from other activities I frequently go for a walk at night in the cold, of 30-60 minutes depending on the path. It's lonely, but peaceful and fresh and allows me to relax. It's where I collect my thoughts at the end of the day. An hour of walking only burns ~300 calories so it's not an efficient exercise ... it is relaxing though.

There are lots and lots of sports people can do from running, cycling, weightlifting, tennis, golf, squash, yoga, zumba dancing, swing dancing, pole dancing, netball, basketball, hockey, soccer, ballet, gymnastics, et cetera. In general people should do what they enjoy. If they don't enjoy them, they likely have major psychological or medical issues. Some people hate sports because they hated it growing up, they were always picked last in gym class. I understand that and respect, it's a psychological issue though.

People should do what they enjoy. Right now I'm worried about my lower back though. Once it's better I might take boxing lessons. That gives an awesome feeling of concentration, mental clarity, and power. My trainer includes high-intensity interval training boxing routines at the end of most of our workouts. He told me this week that I have good power, but I need to work on my coordination and speed.

They're not lonely activities as people form bonds over them. I was a heavy cyclist in the summer of 2006 (long story), that leads to an automatic community as people cycle there. I biked with the other students often, we went on small trips. I went to various events, including a duathlon where a lot of people knew a lot of other people. I was in "bike-to-work week" which is a big event in Victoria and got to know several people through that.

Whether the gym is lonely is up to you. A lot of people get to know the other regulars, or they go workout with a spotter.

I see her coming from afar, and immediately think "f-ck, she's fat, she tricked me with her pictures."
It's awful when women do that. I relate, it's happened a lot.

I've lived in a small town (Canberra), 350,000 people for four years now, not a huge number of people on OkCupid, plentyoffish, etc. I've noticed that some women actually keep the same profile photo for several years in a row. They're still shown as online, I kind of feel like messaging some of them and asking them if they suspect there's a problem being on an online dating website for three years or four years with the same photo and making no progress. I will not.

I have never wanted a second date in a situation where a woman looks much worse than her pictures. The date starts with a turnoff, so it can't go well from there.

Last edited:

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This guy is probably doing ok just looking good at him, though he'd benefit from losing 10 lbs (20 lbs?), shaving his Hitler moustache and shaving his sideburns. I've never seen a man who can pull off a Hitler moustache.

I might be biased though: he looks like one of my favourite hockey players:

Are you serious? Did you look at his face? If you really think he's "doing ok" I'm afraid you are delusional.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you serious? Did you look at his face? If you really think he's "doing ok" I'm afraid you are delusional.

1) Please, try not to be belligerent, thanks. I don't think I've been rude to you.

2) I'd put good odds down that the guy in the photo is probably doing ok with women. I can't be sure, do you know who he is or did you just find a random internet picture?

Like I said he looks like one of my favourite hockey player (which makes me biased), and that guy, who is only 1.79 meters, does decently with women in spite of temple recession and an otherwise shaved head:
tumblr_muwl27H6em1siydpjo1_500.png

You also don't know his story. A lot of bodybuilders like to take before and after shots. It might be that this guy is starting to work out, and he's taking a "before" shot so that he'll have a comparison pic a few months down. It might also be at the end of a dirty bulk. That guy's overweight and not particularly strong. He may just be taking a "before" shot, which is a good thing to do.

I started working out when I was 108 Kg or 238 lbs. I regret not taking more photos when I was at that stage, it would be useful to have more comparison shots. This attractive, brilliant woman I met last year, her husband started working out a while back and he lost his gut, his double chin, everything and gotten a lot stronger. She said the same thing about him, that he wished he had taken more photos when he was weak and overweight for the sake of comparison.

If anybody reading this wants to exercise more, I recommend taking several topless photos from every direction, as well as photos of the face, photos of yourself flexing, and so on.

And honestly, do you really think this guy is an incel:
8a7ce37ff36a8f04fabb6deb7b82e9db.jpg

He's a good example of a bald, below-average face on an athletic body type. He's not pulling off the bald look, his face looks bad, yet I suspect he does very well.

What about this guy?
475636768-bald-black-athletic-man-boxing-in-an-gettyimages.jpg

Do you think he's coping with the strength training, that he'd actually do better if he lost 20 lbs of muscle and gained 40 lbs of fat?

Last edited: