I did something very stupid today... [Better pics]

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
I guess sometimes this forum gets divided into two opposing sides, the diffuse thinning full head of hair versus the totally bald head. Yes, its not the same but it still constitutes hair loss. :shakehead: EVERYONE can conceal it if they want but some make excuses of why they can't. We have all the means to conceal it. Toupees, Toppik, Dermatch, Hair transplants. Pictures don't always show hairloss as well as seeing something in person. I believe GHG's hair probably does look worse in person. I think jealously blinds some of the posters here.

While I agree with most of the logic in your statement, you just can't compare a "toppik" versus a hairpiece. I wore a concealer very briefly and not one person knew. With a hairpiece there are so many things you have to factor in.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
HP. Shatner wears a hair piece and everyone knows but he looks great with it. So does Dustin Hoffman and Burt Reynolds and yet they don't make excuses why they can't wear one. Yes, there are alot of factors like maintaining one, the smell, the glue, the keep up, the pointing the finger but those all go with the territory to go with the illusion of a full head of hair. I saw this guy with one and I said man that guy has a great toupee and he looks great. Heck if I was in your situation and I could not get a transplant, I wold wear one too. If someone asked me if I was wearing one, I would say yeah, its so I don't get a sunburn on my bald head plus I think it looks better than a hat and then move on. If he want to tease me about it, its because he is jealous and immature and I can look above him. And if I had a girlfriend and she did not accept me with it, then she will not be my girlfriend. I am not going to make excuses on why I cannot wear one. Its that simple. We have options in this world some are the not the best but at least we have them. I am no saint, I make excuses too to avoid certain situations but do I think its right? No.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Dustin Hoffman wears a piece? I would have never guessed but then again now it kind of makes sense.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
HP. Shatner wears a hair piece and everyone knows but he looks great with it. So does Dustin Hoffman and Burt Reynolds and yet they don't make excuses why they can't wear one. Yes, there are alot of factors like maintaining one, the smell, the glue, the keep up, the pointing the finger but those all go with the territory to go with the illusion of a full head of hair. I saw this guy with one and I said man that guy has a great toupee and he looks great. Heck if I was in your situation and I could not get a transplant, I wold wear one too. If someone asked me if I was wearing one, I would say yeah, its so I don't get a sunburn on my bald head plus I think it looks better than a hat and then move on. If he want to tease me about it, its because he is jealous and immature and I can look above him. And if I had a girlfriend and she did not accept me with it, then she will not be my girlfriend. I am not going to make excuses on why I cannot wear one. Its that simple. We have options in this world some are the not the best but at least we have them. I am no saint, I make excuses too to avoid certain situations but do I think its right? No.

Yes he does. And people make fun of him for it. Burt Reynolds also wears one and I know who makes it for him. Did not even hear of Dustin Hoffman. I'm not saying they don't wear em. But they are famous actors who have stylists with them at ALL TIMES. Cmon bro!

I have weighed the bald versus piece thing for ages. I think it's almost better to be bald as at least no one can accuse you of "wearing one".

I'd look better with apiece but I would have to always worry about it looking right. Worry about people figuring it out. Not close friends, I mean every one you meet every day. Then WIND. Oh my god, I can't explain to you how bad it is with wind. WIth the shaved bald look, I look much worse and feel worse but all those others problems don't exist. So it's a catch 22.

Ackers24

Reaction score
Dont ever get a wig...if you do i'll come find you, rip it off u and set the f****r on fire, capiche!!

:jump:

s.a.f

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Yes he does. And people make fun of him for it. Burt Reynolds also wears one and I know who makes it for him. Did not even hear of Dustin Hoffman. I'm not saying they don't wear em. But they are famous actors who have stylists with them at ALL TIMES. Cmon bro!

I have weighed the bald versus piece thing for ages. I think it's almost better to be bald as at least no one can accuse you of "wearing one".

I'd look better with apiece but I would have to always worry about it looking right. Worry about people figuring it out. Not close friends, I mean every one you meet every day. Then WIND. Oh my god, I can't explain to you how bad it is with wind. WIth the shaved bald look, I look much worse and feel worse but all those others problems don't exist. So it's a catch 22.

Thats the thing you've got to remember, yes being bald really bothers you but as far as everyone else knows you could be totally cool with it.
And as for the celebrities .... look at Reynolds face with such obvious surgery no wonder he does'nt care about wearing a piece aswell. But people expect that from Hollywood stars. Maybe if they went natural it would make it better for us.

Sean68

Reaction score
it looks good on you ghg. respect to you for doing it.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wow, I think it looks great!! :punk: your a good looking guy, dont worry about it!! (if I were you Id keep it buzzed like it is right now, but thats just me :hairy: )

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Thats the thing you've got to remember, yes being bald really bothers you but as far as everyone else knows you could be totally cool with it.
And as for the celebrities .... look at Reynolds face with such obvious surgery no wonder he does'nt care about wearing a piece aswell. But people expect that from Hollywood stars. Maybe if they went natural it would make it better for us.

Well they want to look their best. I think Burt Reynolds carries the wig well. He has good ones made. It's obvious you look better. But it comes with a boatload of problems if you are hiding it. He is famous and everyone knows he wears one. So he never has to "reveal" it. I'm not famous so every new person I meet, I have to go through it again. It's way different you know?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I think I found my head double...

Attachments

• 021041d41816a035f92f43f42b72ed44.jpg
    021041d41816a035f92f43f42b72ed44.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 566

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
HP, you and Taug would definitely get along FAMOUSLY. I think you may just get your stardom after all. :)

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Reynolds, gets laughed at for his hairpiece a lot. But theres a few things that don't apply to everyone else that apply to him and others like him.

He was at a time, a sex symbol. So theres added pressure there, to get work done, to keep looking young. When your constantly seeing yourself all over the place, I imagine you become even more picky then your average person.

Theres a difference between looking in the mirror and seeing your reflection. And seeing your reflection in the picture of a magazine or on a television show or movie so to speak.

Being bald and being a sex symbol, is a very hard thing to do. I know there have been such people. But I cannot recall anyone, Hopefully someone else can think of a couple. I'm not sure if bruce willis counts, although many women do find him attractive.

Shatner... I don't really understand Shatner. He somehow manages to pretty much go under the radar with his. People just seem to like Shatner.. Maybe that has something to do with it. Under the radar meaning usually the jokes that do get directed at him are good natured, and they are few. Whereas with Reynolds.. well people really seem to be offended by him.

Everyone knows Shatner wears a piece but the guy does it well.

However the most critical thing here in my opinion. As it's already been mentioned. Is that these people have stylists. They can afford to have people dedicated to making everything on them look better then it normally would. I can guarantee there is a lot of preparation that goes into the way Shatner looks before he goes in front of a camera.

In my opinion wigs should have been better developed years ago. They could, in theory be almost as good as real hair, if the right type of cap where created which could bind it in someway to your scalp without effecting your normal scalp tendencies. Still enabling you to wash normally, not having to worry about it flying off into the sunset on a windy day.

s.a.f

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
HP, you and Taug would definitely get along FAMOUSLY. I think you may just get your stardom after all. :)

I doubt it since Taug is one of those guys who has a virtually full head of hair.

Eureka said:
Reynolds, gets laughed at for his hairpiece a lot. But theres a few things that don't apply to everyone else that apply to him and others like him.
He was at a time, a sex symbol. So theres added pressure there, to get work done, to keep looking young. When your constantly seeing yourself all over the place, I imagine you become even more picky then your average person.
Everyone knows Shatner wears a piece but the guy does it well..

Yes put yourself in Shatners position he is most Famous for playing Cpt Kirk back when he was young and had hair, and people still connect him to that. Thats something that has kept him in the public eye for decades, it has really been his career. If he was totally bald it would be hard to make the connection of him as Kirk and he'd probably drop out of the limelight.
Also Shatners rug is'nt ridiculous its not a jet black NW1 its more like a greying NW2.5 so it does'nt look too innapropriate on a old man. (something to think about for all these young guys having NW1 hairline transplants.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:

I don't know the guy. But if what SAF says is accurate (how he has almost all his hair), that isn't correct. If I had almost all my hair and was only balding, I wouldn't even be here. The fact that I have way more HEAD than hair is what is making this hurt me so much.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
DB007, River Pheonix.......I was his body double in my adolecent years, looked just like him.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
DB007, River Pheonix.......I was his body double in my adolecent years, looked just like him.

If you got a face like that, why the hell do you care so much about balding?

s.a.f

Reaction score
I doubt that at 33 he still has the face of a teenage River Pheonix.

s.a.f

Reaction score
ghg said:
He's 33!? Lol.

:dunno: ?????????????????? am I missing something?