I hate commercials

AcceptingIt

Reaction score
You know, I don't get bent out of shape at most of these because they really don't portray hair loss people as bad.

That said, the Nikon one with Ashton Kutcher will have me NEVER buying any of their crap, ever again. Seriously, that is just wrong. I just love the stupidity of some of these advertising agencies. Do they not know that half of guys will go bald and the last thing that they really want to see is this condition mocked? That is a lot of revenue they are missing out on. I see this add to be targeted at prepubescent and young girls in their 20's. Goodluck with that.

Also, the Snickers ones do get annoying. I can see one commercial about it, but two? Seriously, how do these guys/girls in marketing get paid? To be honest, I don't eat that stuff and this is not going to make me want to.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
I heard a lot about Ashton Kutcher going bald but never really saw any evidence. In that pic, if the centre has always been that high I don't see much more than a mature hairline (Considering he's around 30 now). But maybe the centre has got higher making the temporal recession not look as much, anyone know?

Either way, lucky bastard, hair or not he's a good looking guy.

Not sure if he gives a sh*t either, there's articles from third parties about 'Ashton worried about going bald' but on the extras of the Punk DVD there's a discussion about Ashton going bald -> Wouldn't have been included without his permission and not what someone so self conscious about it would do.

s.a.f

Reaction score
A forum boycott of snickers/Nikon is in order methinks! :thumbdown2: :mrgreen:

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
[youtube:35yeu82y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9m4eQE7Xp8[/youtube:35yeu82y]

Its hebrew, ill translate: the song is about the autumn (beatyfull song btw :p) and it says something like "effoliationnnn... get me to depression...." or something :)

Dermo Dr. Shelkovitz says: "Dermo doctors today have a scientific proven treatments for male patter baldness". they dont say name, but its for propercia.

They run this stupid clip almost every commercial break :/, i kinda like it compared to the other commertials that try to make fun of the blading men, its in good taste, and actaully kinda shows process we undergo while losing our hair in less the 20 secs (they zoom ont hes eyes, showing how helpless he is :) the actor is perfect for the commertial because he looks great with hair and really bad without it). what annoys me tho is that people might get the imppration that you can cure baldness "only if you take this magic pill - then your golden"... it will evantually be mistaken for something you can easily cure but you dont beacuse your too lazy, same way perceive overweight people.

kadosh

Established Member
Reaction score
smooth
if i remember right it's the first time theres a commercial for a hairloss product on TV here .

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
theyve been playing this Fed Ex commercial a lot
[youtube:yit18dvw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip_yjLZBbyo[/youtube:yit18dvw]

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
That last one is hilarious to be fair. :woot:

Again, like some of the others, I wouldn't say it's directly mocking bald men, it's mocking the guy's poor attempt.

ali777

Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
That last one is hilarious to be fair. :woot:

Again, like some of the others, I wouldn't say it's directly mocking bald men, it's mocking the guy's poor attempt.

Yeah, I agree... The message I get from that ad is "do not lie to yourself and use our company"...

I mean we know it's better cutting our hair short and getting on with it than trying to hide our bald spots. The ad is stressing exactly this point.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
True, but it also implies that all or at least most bald men are neurotic about their hairloss to go to such extremes. The bad wigs are to illustrate the obviousness of it, but if it were a good hair system, you wouldn't really be able to tell, thus muting the point. But like many of these commercials, the insult is in the INFERENCE. Which is bald men are fools. I am happy that this thread has been revived big time though, so thanks for all the contributions everyone.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
True, but it also implies that all or at least most bald men are neurotic about their hairloss to go to such extremes. The bad wigs are to illustrate the obviousness of it, but if it were a good hair system, you wouldn't really be able to tell, thus muting the point. But like many of these commercials, the insult is in the INFERENCE. Which is bald men are fools. I am happy that this thread has been revived big time though, so thanks for all the contributions everyone.

I didn't really get that from it. I didn't interpret it as most bald men are neurotic (Although going from this forum, they may have a point :mrgreen: ) or that bald men are fools.

I saw it focused on this individual, than bald men in general. - As the general public will all know bald men, none of which behave in that way.

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score
Smooth said:
[youtube:1n5ihkfb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9m4eQE7Xp8[/youtube:1n5ihkfb]

Its hebrew, ill translate: the song is about the autumn (beatyfull song btw :p) and it says something like "effoliationnnn... get me to depression...." or something :)

Dermo Dr. Shelkovitz says: "Dermo doctors today have a scientific proven treatments for male patter baldness". they dont say name, but its for propercia.

They run this stupid clip almost every commercial break :/, i kinda like it compared to the other commertials that try to make fun of the blading men, its in good taste, and actaully kinda shows process we undergo while losing our hair in less the 20 secs (they zoom ont hes eyes, showing how helpless he is :) the actor is perfect for the commertial because he looks great with hair and really bad without it). what annoys me tho is that people might get the imppration that you can cure baldness "only if you take this magic pill - then your golden"... it will evantually be mistaken for something you can easily cure but you dont beacuse your too lazy, same way perceive overweight people.

wow that video is really depressing

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
It's an effective advert.

It is depressing, which is the angle they're going for. They want people to feel depressed watching it, triggering them to act.

IBM

Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
It's an effective advert.

It is depressing, which is the angle they're going for. They want people to feel depressed watching it, triggering them to act.

Look at the guy. He was handsome and quickly became sad and unatractive.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
Well...he pretended to be sad for the advert of course.

Like I said, it's a good advert for getting across the message if a bit misleading. They've taken a good looking happy man, simulated hairloss without aging any other part of his body or effort to 'style' the balding and made him look sad at the end.

Probably very lead to a lot of business.

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
How about the commercial that shows the shoes of four guys sitting at a table.

One says, "what do you think chicks look at, when they look at guys?" (Or something like that - I can't remember)

One guys say something - "their car" (I forget exactly what he says)

They all say "hairline" at the same time ... then, they all laugh - like it's a big joke!

SOME JOKE! REAL FUNNY - so funny I wanted to smash the TV screen witha baseball bat!

ugggghhhh thats horrible.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree.

But none of us would care about this if we weren't balding.. I'm sure the majority of hairloss sufferers still laugh at the short jokes.. Or the fat jokes.. and other things along those lines.

Until we ourselves experience something were just as insensitive to it as those same people who write those types of commercials are.. I can't really blame someone for something I myself would be guilty of if I wasn't experiencing male pattern baldness.