I think the key to success for some of us is NOFAP

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
@hairchaser: the efficacy of saw-palmetto blocking DHT is very dubious. The only thing proven to block DHT is finasteride, period.
Be aware, if you get results now from that combo, it's only from minoxidil, the rest hardly make any difference. So get on finasteride if you want long-term results, minoxidil alone doesn't get very far.H
However it's very good advice to cut sugar and have a healthy diet, and this for the general health, not only for hair.

Reaction score
testosterone gets converted to DHT by the alpha-5-reductase enzyme. the more testosterone that gets released into the blood stream the more dht gets produced which would cause more aggressive fall out. and people like michael douglas aren't genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness...so naturally it doesn't matter how much sex they have their hair won't fall out because their hair follicles aren't bothered by dht.

yes , that's basically what Dreamermerlin said , you can't generalize it.
so once again this thread's title is perfectly chosen , because it precises that it is for "some of us" depending on your genes.

edit : oh here you are dreamermerlin

edit2 : I am not referring to the post above , but the previous posts

maher

Banned
Reaction score
Would just like to add something:

A PGD synthase-positive mast cell gradient characterizes scalp patterning:

"We found significantly more dermal mast cells immunoreactive for prostaglandin d-synthase in the vertex compared to the lateral aspects of the scalp, with a decrement that spatially approximated the pattern of androgenetic alopecia. This difference was present in both balding and non-balding scalps and was independent of gender. Dual labeling established dermal cells expressing prostaglandin d-synthase as mast cells"

CONCLUSIONS:These data indicate that scalp is spatially programmed via mast cell prostaglandin d-synthase distribution in a manner reminiscent of the pattern seen in androgenetic alopecia.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24438498

Quercetine looks like a good addition to regimen(stabilization of mast cells). Mast cells contains DHT receptors but I read somewhere that testosterone does not cause mast cell overreactivity.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%...l.pone.0033805

maher

Banned
Reaction score
FFS, Fred! Next time you post even bigger photo. Its a great c***-block for us, NoFappers. :D

Reaction score
This is the kind of utter BS I wrote on the forum a few years ago. This is where it led me : [photo]

Also, quantum cat is one of the most insightful posters here. It's easy for you, you come here, and within only 2 posts, you manage to sum up all that is wrong on the hair loss forums.

and the vendetta carries on ..... on the left corner FredTheBelgian and on the right corner the non-wanking guys

I wonder how this thread would have gone without you fred , you're like the hot red chilli in the cheese.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
FFS, Fred! Next time you post even bigger photo. Its a great c***-block for us, NoFappers. :D

Ok, i had my disputes with Fred, but can you please stop writing stuff like this?
Next time, if you decide to make fun of someone's photo, put your photo also, to compare.
Let's support our claims with arguments, if we have them of course, and stop such childish considerations about others.

Reaction score
Ok, i had my disputes with Fred, but can you please stop writing stuff like this?
Next time, if you decide to make fun of someone's photo, put your photo also, to compare.
Let's support our claims with arguments, if we have them of course, and stop such childish considerations about others.

I think he is merely referring to his baldness , "if you see his photo (showing off his baldness) , it would be like a heads up for what is awaiting you if you keep the practice going" that's what I've understood at least.

either it's that or I am an idiot.

Lollerme

Banned
Reaction score
I saw a 16 year old on another forum with almost the entire hairline gone and he had a bad combover, I have a strong feeling he's jacking off several times a day and his hormones must be crazy.

I just fap once or twice per week now, but I used to do it everyday when I was younger.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Just when you think this thread is ready to fade away, somebody has to post and make it relevant again. Let it go, it will not make any difference to your hair. If it makes you feel better and it is good for your psychological health then great, but that is not our main concern here on a hair loss forum. I am sure there are forums where this type of stuff would be of great value, but is useless in a hair loss forum.

maher

Banned
Reaction score

1. I am not making fun of him, but of the ridiculously big size photo spaming our thread.
2. Picture of any man, even brad pitt or tom cruise is a c*** block for me since i'm straight.
3, Fred is pretty good looking guy.
4. You have absolutely ZERO sens of humour- dial tone.
5. Nofap is not really exact science and I'm arguing accordingly

- - - Updated - - -

Just when you think this thread is ready to fade away, somebody has to post and make it relevant again. Let it go, it will not make any difference to your hair. If it makes you feel better and it is good for your psychological health then great, but that is not our main concern here on a hair loss forum. I am sure there are forums where this type of stuff would be of great value, but is useless in a hair loss forum.

Why does it bother you so much that you keep coming back? Just ignore it. Live and let live.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Why does it bother you so much that you keep coming back? Just ignore it. Live and let live.

There are many people that actually come here for help. They might see this and actually believe this nonsense. Time wasted = hair lost. That's why I am bothered.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
Technically, one would waste time masturbating, not abstaining from it.

Exactly. I really don't get this idea wit "no fap=time wasted".
Actually fap=time wasted in my opinion. Instead searching for p**rn sites and then feeling like a veggie after you do it, you can use the time for other more interesting things tand useful o do.
Oh yes i get it men have "urges", but i think we must rise above the "animal" state, only animals can't control their primary instincts. I've said plenty of times, if we were to indulge in whatever activity gives us immediate pleasure, we would could be alcoholics, obsese . even drug addicts, etc. That's why i see excessive masturbation and even excessive sex something like a vice. Don't attack me, "sex dependence/obsession" is a pretty real documented affection.
You can make me old fashioned or not "open-minded", but i think everything in life must be done with measure.

But that's what modern "education" taught us: that we need to make as most sex as we can and even masturbate often, it's "good for health".

- - - Updated - - -

1. I am not making fun of him, but of the ridiculously big size photo spaming our thread.
2. Picture of any man, even brad pitt or tom cruise is a c*** block for me since i'm straight.
3, Fred is pretty good looking guy.
4. You have absolutely ZERO sens of humour- dial tone.
5. Nofap is not really exact science and I'm arguing accordingly

- - - Updated - - -

Oh excuse me, if i don't like your type of "humour"...I'm pretty sure if someone made the same comments about your picture, most probably you wouldn't enjoy the "joke"...
And i don't see why you must enforce here that "you're straight", since nobody assumed otherwise.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
Oh excuse me, if i don't like your type of "humour"...I'm pretty sure if someone made the same comments about your picture, most probably you wouldn't enjoy the "joke"...
And i don't see why you must enforce here that "you're straight", since nobody assumed otherwise.

You are one uptight dude. You should rub one out :D

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Stick to the topic at hand (pun intended) and stop the squabbling please chaps, if this thread descends into personal insults again, it will be locked. Thanks guys, have a great weekend!

Reaction score
So far (6th day) the shedding keeps going , season maybe, but I doubt it.

I've been wondering which one between : low testosterone or high testosterone would make it more likely to turn itself into DHT (provided that your genes make your hair responding to it) ? I've been reading some scientific and brosciencique articles (other than this forum) that are really blurry and contradictory.

I can say from my personal experience that one week without masturbation makes you more prone to pick up girls or at least having a genuine interest for them (I am not talking about internet).

I have been reading a lot about this today , and maher, among others I've come across your statement concerning the 7th day abstinence testosterone peak thing.(which exceeds 140% according to what I've been reading)

if low testosterone is good for this kind of situation then : masturbate every day
if high testosterone is good for this kind of situation then :masturbate every day as well , but without ejaculating , because you'll reinvest the saved semen for the next day to make it pleasurable.

edit : actually :
HTML:
"Masturbating without jerking off will cause the seminal fluid to build up and get stored in your prostate leading to an inflamed prostate, i.e prostatitis. Chronic prostatitis is a painful condition."

inflamed prostate ? I suppose that we would be needing prostate firemen instead of a physician....

Knowing that the reaction to DHT is implanted in your genes , meaning a part of your DNA , meaning a part of a long microscopic band.

why on earth wouldn't the scientists just use some sort of micro scissors to cut out that part and reconnect the DNA band with some sort of micro glue to make it back as it was (without the DHT part) and spare us all the ordeal of losing our hair?

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
So are you saying cuddling increases hair loss? I'm not sure what you are getting at yet.