I'm done

Whoop

Established Member
Reaction score
The fact you don't give a damn about having friends and only want your hair says enough man.

Think about why you want your hair, probably because:
- you consider it fair
- you think you're ugly without it
- you think you'll never get a girl otherwise
- you think many will make fun of you
- you name it and you'll find a way of blaming hairloss

Trust me when I say that I went through the same sh*t. Hell, I lost my relationship to it. I didnt wanna do anything with her when there were other people too. I was only spending time on my hair, not on her. She broke up with me because I was an insecure retard. She didnt say it that way, but hell I knew that this was the problem.

I was depressed then. Cried myself to sleep at some days, if I even got to sleep. I didn't attend classes because I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror. No way I was going to be among others with my hair, well, gone.

Then one day I got sick of that stupid depression. Started working out a lot more (this has been a great therapy for me), study harder but keeping enough time for drinking beers with friends at the bars.

This day I'm still losing hair and I still hate it. I stepped on Rogain (propecia hated me) and figured it was the last thing I could do (I am very excited to see A&G haircomplex coming out). But I feel a LOT better now and a am also more confident of myself.

What I wanna say is that I totally understand what you're saying. My hair was my everything too. You should know though there are much bigger things in life than your hair. You will not believe me now, but you will later.

Good luck with minoxidil, I really hope you'll regain your hair. Just keep in mind that people don't fall in love over eachother's hair, your personality is all that counts (don't go walking around in scummy clothes now though ;))

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Instead of buying Minxdil, buy w****s, will make you feel x10 times better, guaranteed :hairy:

j/k dude - we all can relate to what you say, each and everyone that been on this section went throw this at some point too, its only a phase and it will pass, the key is not make any *significant* mistakes while you there (like droping out/hurting people that love you/breaking up etc....) keep your mind IN the books as much as you can! (if its hard think of it like this : I focus on my schooling now, so later i can have a job that will allow me to efford some serius treatment... well thats at least what helps me throw the rough times at the uni)
You will be fine ;)

(p/s; and dont forget w****s, w****s and w****s ;D)

s.a.f

Reaction score
90kids said:
S.A.F I apologize.

Accepted

90kids said:
theres no avoiding my situation i can't just escape it by what some text book educated person will tell me. I have to come to accept the brutal reality of my situation and thats not what i want to accept.
i don't what to accept it at this point in my life, i am way too young.
ive spoken with my family and they were honest and said theirs nothing they can do for me and that they still love and support me.
it's so weird how just 1 year ago i felt so ontop of the world.
sigh, i have already missed out on 7 months of friendships and relationships because i let insecurities of my hair get in the way. I just want hair, is it so hard to ask for that? Im not asking for money, clothes, cars, houses....i'm not a materialistic person. I study hard to do well in university, i volunteer my time, i always try to help others. I don't understand. my brother is more of an a**hole than I and yet he's blessed with great dark black curly hair and to the people telling me to shave my head, i wish it were that simple. I just want to be content and happy and the only thing that will do that for me is if i were to have my locks back.

Ok I understand your feeling as I said I've been there myself. I started at 19 and was totally bald within 10 yrs.
I know people say "its only hair" ect and it sounds pathetic but I know in my situation I just felt incomplete without hair. After all having hair is the 'norm' and no young guy wants to stand out as balding.

The harsh truth is if finasteride is'nt working for you then the outcome does'nt look good.
So what can you do?
Trying to forget it wont help, if it bothers you it will always bother you and you cant just learn to not care, but you must learn to live with it.
Yes you are probably going to become 'that bald guy' firstly you have to put on a brave face in public you cant let people know that this is really affecting you.
Dropping out of society, school ect is the wrong path to go down, you have to stick with your freinds, work ect it may be tough but these people who see you everyday will not see you as just balding they will get used to it and become accustomed to it.
It is tough but you're going to have to grow a thicker skin.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Welcome to the nightmare my friend. You have every right to be worried. Living as a young bald man sucks, no matter what anyone else tells you. Shaving is the lesser of two evils but I understand if someone who is used to having hair, this sounds like a cruel punishment. Or you could just become a hat prisoner. What you are experiencing is REAL and don't let anyone else (especially if they still have hair :roll: ) tell you any different. The single hardest thing about being bald is dealing with the social aspect. People will point, laugh, call you names and all that. It is humiliating and infuriating and can take a serious toll on the spirit. My sympathies, though if you kill yourself you won't be around when they crack the cure.

ali777

Reaction score
90kids, read the previous message by uncomfortableman very carefully. That's the victim mentality you shouldn't develop.

s.a.f said:

Now this is what you are supposed to be doing...

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
ali777 said:
90kids, read the previous message by uncomfortableman very carefully. That's the victim mentality you shouldn't develop.

s.a.f said:

Now this is what you are supposed to be doing...
I agree that you need to grow thick skin to cope with the cruel reality and I realize that not everyone hates bald people and some are indifferent but the level of flack that the average bald guy takes is considerably higher than nw1s. I'm sensitive and don't callous easily. When someone insults me, I get offended. Is that so unusual? If so then sue me. I admit that I let myself take it to an exaggerated level, but it is no farther off than saying that everything is wonderful and everyone will just love and accept me. Iow, I am brutally realistic. Maybe it is a defense mechanism, call it what you will but I have to live every moment of my existence like this so I am free do adapt to the situation as I see fit. I can't help the way I feel and from what I've experienced, I have every reason to feel that way.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think everyone who is all torn up about balding needs to take a good look at this site:

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/index.php

Spend a little time on there and then ask yourself how you feel about being bald or even, god forbid, being a NW2.

People with truly debilitating conditions like this always get brought up on here, but its easy to dismiss them from our minds because they aren't real to us and in our face like this forum is.

Well, that's a forum just like this with people venting about being PARALYZED.

Everything is relative of course, but spend a few minutes on there and tell me you don't feel a little better about your situation. And horribly sad for the people going through that.

spinner2

Established Member
Reaction score
Uncomfortable Man- you need to learn to take responsibility for your own failures. There are lots of young bald men with great social lives who hook up with beautiful women. I know many such men, and I'm not too far away myself. You need to realize you're doing a disservice to people with your self-indulgent postings. You're making their lives worse, because if you ever start to believe you aren't good enough then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Why do you want to come on here and f*** up people's lives?

spinner2

Established Member
Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
I think everyone who is all torn up about balding needs to take a good look at this site:

Spend a little time on there and then ask yourself how you feel about being bald or even, god forbid, being a NW2.

People with truly debilitating conditions like this always get brought up on here, but its easy to dismiss them from our minds because they aren't real to us and in our face like this forum is.

Everything is relative of course, but spend a few minutes on there and tell me you don't feel a little better about your situation. And horribly sad for the people going through that.

Read some science on human happiness and you'll find some interesting things. People actually are made more miserable by a small persistent problem (such as slowly progressing hair loss), than by a big problem that happens quickly (such as learning about a terminal illness). I know that I was more bothered by the first couple years of my hair loss than I was by a career-ending sports injury (which I realize is completely insane).

That's not to justify people's reactions here. I think it's important to keep everything in perspective and realize how small of a problem hair loss really is. It's just sort of interesting how illogical human happiness can be.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
spinner2 said:
Why do you want to come on here and f*ck up people's lives?
Sorry everyone, for f*****g up your lives with my self-indulgent posts. :jackit: I supposed I never realized how much power I wield. :jackit: :jackit:

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
spinner2 said:
Thickandthin said:

Read some science on human happiness and you'll find some interesting things. People actually are made more miserable by a small persistent problem (such as slowly progressing hair loss), than by a big problem that happens quickly (such as learning about a terminal illness). I know that I was more bothered by the first couple years of my hair loss than I was by a career-ending sports injury (which I realize is completely insane).

That's not to justify people's reactions here. I think it's important to keep everything in perspective and realize how small of a problem hair loss really is. It's just sort of interesting how illogical human happiness can be.

That may be true, but if you just spend a minute on there you'll realize how good we have it (comparatively) to be bitching about hair loss rather than paralysis.

There's even a thread on there where people ask "Would you rather" scenarios that remind me of this forum - i.e. would you rather have cancer or be paralyzed? Or, dare I say it, would you rather be NW7 but have use of your legs or be in a wheel chair for the rest of your life but always be a thick NW1?

To the people on that message board the question is laughable - they'd do anything to walk again. Some even said they'd give the rest of their life for just 5 years with working legs. But on here people serious contemplate stuff like that. It's incredible.

Perspective, perspective, perspective.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
[Some even said they'd give the rest of their life for just 5 years with working legs. But on here people serious contemplate stuff like that. It's incredible.

I've seen studies where 90%+ of bald men would give up 10 yrs off the end of their life to live with hair.

ali777

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Thickandthin said:
[Some even said they'd give the rest of their life for just 5 years with working legs. But on here people serious contemplate stuff like that. It's incredible.

I've seen studies where 90%+ of bald men would give up 10 yrs off the end of their life to live with hair.

That's BS.... I'd trade my hair for 10 years of healthy living...

If you can guarantee that I'll function reasonably well till 65, then retire and be reasonably healthy until 80 I'm willing to trade all my remaining hair for that promise.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
lol.. anyone that would do it is a mug and a complete coward. Its not an option.

Your right i havent been depressed. People who sit depressed waste their lives. Lifes what you make it. Some people cry over not having what others have. They must realise they have to play with the cards life deals them.(ccs take note) .Might not be as good as others but some just luckier i guess. No reason to kill ones self.

This is the model, right? Sort of goes to prove the stereotype that models are stupid...
Depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain. Would you say people with down's syndrome just sit and waste their lives? I can just hear some dumb a**h** like this telling someone with down's "Hey retard, life's what you make it."
STFU.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
First off i model part time. Im a graduate and currently studying my second degree. So please kido get your facts correct and dont call me stupid. The only stupid thing apparant here would be your careless judgements on someone you know little about. I stand by what i said. I have an opinion like everyone else. I guess your just an example of what i was talking about.

As for your slur about downs..grow up. Its hardly a similar case and as a relative of someone with the condition i found it very offensive

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dont even bother with more drivel. im done with this section. Have a nice life..oh wait you cant..i forgot about the chemical imbalance in your head. my bad.

C ya

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score
I still believe that shaving off your hair or a buzz cut will make you feel great and has the added benefit of closely monitoring your progress with the meds, espcecially topicals.

I shave my head regularly (every 2-3 months). I started buzz cuts (level 2) more than a year ago cause it was difficult to see small hairs growing otherwise.

I don't think Mr. iwantperfection will ever understand this because if you see his pics he should'nt even be on this forum.

s.a.f

Reaction score
ali777 said:
s.a.f said:
Thickandthin said:

That's BS.... I'd trade my hair for 10 years of healthy living...

If you can guarantee that I'll function reasonably well till 65, then retire and be reasonably healthy until 80 I'm willing to trade all my remaining hair for that promise.

No its true, (I'm looking through my old sociology books now to try and find the name of the study).
But think about it someone like CCS would have hair for his entire lifetime and in return die aged 75 rather than 85.
There are many young bald guys who would agree to that.
Better to live life to the full when you're young than be miserable for life and lets face it for most people the last 10 yrs of their life are probably the worst anyway.