I'm done

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
First off i model part time. Im a graduate and currently studying my second degree. So please kido get your facts correct and dont call me stupid. The only stupid thing apparant here would be your careless judgements on someone you know little about. I stand by what i said. I have an opinion like everyone else. I guess your just an example of what i was talking about.

As for your slur about downs..grow up. Its hardly a similar case and as a relative of someone with the condition i found it very offensive

And as a relative of someone with diagnosed clinical depression that ended up taking his own life, I would have found your comments offensive if I didn't know that you're young, immature, and uninformed.

I have an opinion too. You're not very bright.

"Biological factors: You may have heard about chemical imbalances in the brain that occur in depression, suggesting that depression is a medical illness. Depression does seem to have a biological component. Research suggests that depression may be linked to changes in the functioning of brain chemicals called neurotransmitters. Current research focuses on the serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine systems. The usefulness of antidepressant medications suggests that brain chemistry is involved in depression. However, it is also possible that biological changes happen as a result of being depressed. "

If you think being a professional student means you're intelligent, think again. It's usually means you're afraid to get a real job.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
Dont even bother with more drivel. im done with this section. Have a nice life..oh wait you cant..i forgot about the chemical imbalance in your head. my bad.

C ya

If you don't think things like bipolar disorder exist, you can take your "drivel" and shove it up your stupid ***.
I don't have a chemical imbalance in my head. I am not clinically depressed. Some people are.
You went into a suicide thread, called someone a coward, and minimized what is potentially a life threatening situation beyond someone's control. In short, you're an a**h**.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
iwantperfection said:
Only my opinion. I see it as cowardly as a whole but to do it over hair? come on. Imagine young guys like yourselves who become wheelchair bound. Now thats alot tougher.

If your depressed see a Doctor but never consider this, because ultimately your escape becomes your loved ones hell.

There's always someone who's worse off, you can't compare anyone's situation to anyone elses. We're all unique and the ways we deal with our problems are also unique. I think that everyone should be allowed to deal with their problems the way they feel is right. None of us asked to be born here. Might sound selfish, might sound stupid, but it's the harsh truth.

This is so true...

ali777

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
ali777 said:
[quote="s.a.f":1a6gt31n]

I've seen studies where 90%+ of bald men would give up 10 yrs off the end of their life to live with hair.

That's BS.... I'd trade my hair for 10 years of healthy living...

If you can guarantee that I'll function reasonably well till 65, then retire and be reasonably healthy until 80 I'm willing to trade all my remaining hair for that promise.

No its true, (I'm looking through my old sociology books now to try and find the name of the study).
But think about it someone like CCS would have hair for his entire lifetime and in return die aged 75 rather than 85.
There are many young bald guys who would agree to that.
Better to live life to the full when you're young than be miserable for life and lets face it for most people the last 10 yrs of their life are probably the worst anyway.[/quote:1a6gt31n]

I trust the validity of information you provide. I'm just saying, I strongly disagree with those people.

Besides the average life expectancy is about 75-79, I think... So, sacrificing 10 years would be like expecting death at 65. 65 is when I want to retire, not die...

Obviously, I have no guarantee that I'm gonna be able to work till 65, but that was my point. If I know I can work till 65 and live relatively well for another 15 years after that, I'd be a happy man.

cuebald

Reaction score
I've crippled my left elbow joint falling off a ladder - I have about 60% ROM and 40-30% total strength in it.
This bothers me much less than slowly losing hair.

I dunno what it is, obviously ruining my arm should affect me more than something cosmetic, but I know my arm is damaged - the damage is done and I can't reverse it. I don't care about it anymore.

hair loss on the other hand fucks with your mind - you don't know where it's going, where it will stop, you get false hopes, you believe you can reverse it etc.
I suppose I get used to my arm because it's always in the same state, whereas every time I checked my hair, it's worse off - you feel the same down-ness over again.

I dunno, it's wierd.

CCS

Reaction score
cueball, read the new joint repair technologies I posted in the health section. Costs you at least $8,000 but would fix the elbow.

Ali, SAF did not say 10 years of youth. He said 10 years off the end of your life. That means your most frail years, when you hobbling around with arthritis. I'd do the trade, if I could have hair at age 12 onwards. But now that I'm 29 I don't know if I'd be as willing to trade it. The older you are when the trade is offered, the less you have to gain, but the loss is the same.

And SAF, just so you know my elbow injury bothers me more than my hair loss right now. When I get $8,000, I'll go get the stem cell treatment, not BHT. Even if I had a girlfriend right now I would not be able to scoop her up in my arms.

CCS

Reaction score
90kids said:
I have been on propecia for 7.5 months even though i cant afford it, I am 19yrs old and i attend University.

Buy a $5 pill cutter at your local pharmacy. Go to www.inhousepharmacy.com and buy Fincar, which is finasteride 5mg. Cut it in 4ths. That is $6.50 per month, free shipping. Cut their costs though by buying at least 9 strips at a time.
While you are there get the generic Nizoral 2% shampoo. Use it 3x per week. Do NOT use 1% zinc shampoos.
You can also buy the spironolactone there and (or it might be at unitedpharmacies.com), grind it up, and put it in your other shampoo. Totally experimental delivery method, but might give you some extra kick. That or put green tea in your shampoo.

CCS

Reaction score
90kids said:
s.a.f said:
Lets see a pic.
At 19 and with minimal loss you at least have a chance of using treatments. A chance that I did'nt have when I was in your situation 15 yrs ago.
Y would i do this?
you were the a**hole that told me my hair looked like pubes and that I had very aggressive male pattern baldness.

heres pics that are old.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45057&p=425822&hilit=90skid#p425822

my hair is 100x worse. its complete sh*t + receding hairline and i am only 19.

Your hairloss is not that bad. It does not look like pubes. Just looks curly like middle eastern or jewish. Yeah, I see the loss, but I highly doubt any women are making fun of you for that. Just get some black dermmatch to hide it. Really good stuff. A $30 plate of powder will last you for years, and will dry up before you finish it. You can take a thin head of hair and make it look like a dense head of hair with dermmatch. Only problem is it comes off on your pillow.

CCS

Reaction score
cuebald said:
hair loss ain't your trouble man.
Go see a Doctor, seriously, you need to see a psychiatrist.
They can prescribe you medication that'll stop you feeling this way.

If you need them to save you life, get the meds. Otherwise, don't get addicted. You might actually have a brain problem and need them permenantly, but it is possible you are normal and just having a rough time. Either way, try taking fish oil. If you do have a brain problem, the fish oil should help. Otherwise, just wear a hat like all the other bald guys in your class. That will stop the laughs. You can take it off in 6 months or a year when the meds have kicked in.

CCS

Reaction score
90kids said:
What I am trying to say is i never felt depressed or suicidal before my hairloss, My hairloss is a direct cause to me being depressed. Previous to this i was content and happy with myself.
I don't think i have a mental problem. I am trying to escape a problem that i will never be able to because their are no cures for hair loss.
I am 19, hairloss caused my depression and my suicidal thoughts. Its on a straight path of ruining my life.
S.A.F I apologize.
At this moment i'am ready to do anything to save myself.
Should i start minoxidil foam?

good diagnosis.
As for the foam, I doubt it. If you don't stop the actual loss, the foam won't regrow enough fast enough for you to go up at all. Minoxidil does not slow the balding process. It just gives you more hair at any given time while you are using it. Save your money. Do dermmatch, fincar, nizoral, and maybe some homemade green tea or spironolactone topical before your shower. You need to acidify them to preserve them. White vinegar would work but smells. Alpha lipoic acid would be better, but you need a glass jar.

CCS

Reaction score
Whoop said:
I think it's best for you to talk with someone about your problem. Depression and stress only make hairloss worse. Anima Sana In Corpore Sano, true thing!

I disagree. psychologists are F'n liars who will just tell you that it is all in your head and that women don't care about your looks, just your personality. They will just exasperate you. Follow my advice.
https://www.dermmatch.com/cgi-bin/lc2c_ ... zenet2.cgi
smear that on top of your head. No one will know you are balding. Then let the treatments do their work.

CCS

Reaction score
BoilerRoom said:
I've had many girls interested with me with a hat on then all of a sudden lose interest when it comes off; it's a horrible feeling.

Same here. I wear a hair piece or wear a hat backwards and I get hot women flirting with me. Take it off and they lose interest. I doubt I could have sex with a hat on. Don't start hating the women. All women go for who they are attracted to. You just are happier with the other women because they are not as picky and not rejecting you. The key is to fix what you can, and then have reasonable goals for who you go for later.

Fact is if you were not losing your hair, you could have been someone else who came to realize your face does not look good enough or something. Regardless, not getting who you want is no fun. Just got to do what you can and get used to it. At 19 you are not used to imperfections like this. Most 19 year olds won't date anyone with any wrinkles at all. At my age, I get turned on my 45 year olds.

ali777

Reaction score
CCS said:
Ali, SAF did not say 10 years of youth. He said 10 years off the end of your life. That means your most frail years, when you hobbling around with arthritis. I'd do the trade, if I could have hair at age 12 onwards. But now that I'm 29 I don't know if I'd be as willing to trade it. The older you are when the trade is offered, the less you have to gain, but the loss is the same.

One of my uncles is pushing 80, and he's got Einstein hair. Now you are telling me, he's better off having full head of hair and being dead at 70???

Get a life!!!!!

If I can function as well as my dad or my uncles in my 60s and 70s, I'd be a happy man. I don't need hair for that.

On a separate note. My uncle's hair hasn't changed for 40 years. He had the same NW3a-NW4a pattern in his 40s and now close to 80, he still has the same pattern. I don't know when he developed that pattern, I haven't got older pics of him. I bet I'm gonna end up looking like him.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah maybe the psychologists are liars, but it's better to be a liar than a real-life Patrick Bateman like you CCS.

s.a.f

Reaction score

CCS

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
CCS said:
Follow my advice.
https://www.dermmatch.com/cgi-bin/lc2c_ ... zenet2.cgi
smear that on top of your head. No one will know you are balding. Then let the treatments do their work.

I think they might notice if he turns up as class one day and his thinning patch has magicly disapeared overnight. :whistle:

No they would not, even if they had noticed before. And if they do notice, they won't be any wiser. They'd have to get right up to 6 inches from his head to see happened. Now the hairline is different. Depending how low he puts the dermmatch, they can see what is going on from 3 to 10 feet. But he can easily get away with the top.

I bet they did not even notice his hair and were laughing at someone else who actually is bald.

CCS

Reaction score
ali777 said:
CCS said:

One of my uncles is pushing 80, and he's got Einstein hair. Now you are telling me, he's better off having full head of hair and being dead at 70???

Get a life!!!!!

Again, you deliborately change what was said since you don't have a rebutal for what was said.
CCS said:

Obviously now that he is 70, he is not better off dead. The HONEST interpretation of what I said would be that if he were bald when young, he'd be better off having hair all those years and dead now.

CCS

Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
why dermatch and not nano fibres?

He could do that too. Might even look better. I'm hoping he will post in soon so we know he is not dead.

luke 21:18

Reaction score
ghg said:
Whoop said:
People who think that suicide is an option for cowards (as it would be the easy way out), go f*ck yourselves. Stop acting tough, and dare to see the world as it is.

(and no, I've never even thought about it myself)

Exactly. Suicide is definitely the hard way out, not the easy way. Anyone who is thinking about killing themselves has gone through a lot in their minds, that's for sure.

WHAT? Suicide hard, come on, you didn't really just post that did you? It's hard to get up and deal with everyday problems, face people when you'd rather look diffrently, live when you'd rather die. Suicide is a COP-OUT, people can't find the strenth to go on living, so the toss off, what a crock they play on themselves. Yea it sucks to lose you hair, but that should not be your end-all, be-all reason for exsisting