Interesting Study On Attractiveness Overestimation

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I personally do.
You tend to be attracted to what you are self disciplined about. You are very rigid in your eating habits and how you take care of your body. You are going to be attracted to someone who supports the same habits and lifestyle. Otherwise, you are going to always want to change them to be more like what you want and that is really not fair to them. However, most people still do this to avoid being alone.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok. old men who have the same bodies as they did at 25 .

this guys not fat yet he is sagging.

in my 20s and 30s i would not choose this based on looks.

middleaged_man_turns_his_flabby_body_into_a_muscle_machine_in_only_10_weeks_640_03.jpg

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So? What is your point?

my point is you are using that as a measurement as success based on a male perspective not a female perspective.

you are saying women have higher standards then men and this is proven by the the app hits.

for sex yes women have higher standards then men

not for relationships

Last edited:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not sagging it's loose skin, he'd lost probably a third of his body weight in muscle because he'd just had a triple bypass in that picture. Loose skin is not sagging.

Secondly, of course women don't find old men attractive even when they have the body of a 25 year old, they have very high standards. Us men have very low standards compared to women. That's why every women gets hundreds of replies on tinder and DavidMPN gets 3. That's just how the human race is designed to function. Women have the babies and they need to be selective and men don't and our natural impulses reflect that.

I suspect that a lot of sagging comes from accumulated fluctuations in weight. It's compounded by the fat cells having a different distribution than if you stayed level.

Women have more fluctuations in weight due to pregnancies, menstrual cycles, and social pressure on women to pursue failed dietary strategies.

this is what sagging skin is it's not based on gender

Several factors are likely responsible for making your once supple skin appear tired and droopy.

The most common cause of sagging skin is aging. As you age, your skin loses the collagen and elastin, your skin's supportive connective tissue, that make it look soft, plump and youthful. In addition, facial muscles can weaken with age, which takes a toll too. Getting older means more exposure to the dreaded pull of gravity; which we know causes skin to sag a little further down with each passing day,

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I found Mirren attractive in her 60's - made me feel a little guilt for liking her. I imagine that while 21 year old kids don't lust over her I bet she could bag a man in his 50s without too much trouble.

LOL i just noticed this but you think sandara bullock at 24 is a 6 with a man jaw lol

you are a complex man.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
this guys not fat yet he is sagging.

in my 20s and 30s i would not choose this based on looks.

View attachment 48025
He needs to drop 20lbs of fat. He's probably around 20% body fat if he could take it down to 12% he wouldn't have such a sagging neck or drooping physique.

I'm probably good at spotting this because I have a weak jaw and I have to keep my body fat below 15% otherwise I get a double chin.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When was the last time you travelled to france?

sounds like hey have are having an obesity problem in europe as well.

In 2010 38.5% of men and 26% of women in France were considered overweight while 60% of men and 43% of women in Germany were considered overweight. Estimates show that 16% of French five-to-11-year-olds are obese.

also read england has 67% obesity and i think that is where Coconut lives..so i don't get his point.

67% of men and 57% of women in the UK are overweight or obese according to the study which uses a Body Mass Index (BMI) of over 25 to define 'overweight' and a BMI of 30 or more to define 'obese'.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
this is what sagging skin is it's not based on gender

Several factors are likely responsible for making your once supple skin appear tired and droopy.

The most common cause of sagging skin is aging. As you age, your skin loses the collagen and elastin, your skin's supportive connective tissue, that make it look soft, plump and youthful. In addition, facial muscles can weaken with age, which takes a toll too. Getting older means more exposure to the dreaded pull of gravity; which we know causes skin to sag a little further down with each passing day,

I hate gravity. Just hope I'll look like Dana Delany at 60:

Dana+Delany+Shoulder+Length+Hairstyles+Medium+do9cm4KgrM_x.jpg

Probably had some work done but looks fantastic for her age.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol I'm 45 been doing it since i am 19...you need 'more' believe it or not as you age. you need mental connection.

at 20 not so much mental connection is needed.

The "wouldya" scenario is hypothetical, no need to dress it up you special snowflake.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate gravity. Just hope I'll look like Dana Delany at 60:

Dana+Delany+Shoulder+Length+Hairstyles+Medium+do9cm4KgrM_x.jpg

Probably had some work done but looks fantastic for her age.

she is 60 now...this was her when she was young..she really has aged incredibly well.

ChinaBDana_Delany.jpg

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The "wouldya" scenario is hypothetical, no need to dress it up you special snowflake.

go f*** yourself a**h**.

hows that for no need to dress it up.

edit
i know where the term 'special snowflake' comes from so if you don't respect me on this forum then i am not going to respect you.

learn how to talk to people without this male hating female bullshit.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ouch, language, lady! :D

And to think you called me out for much less. :)

i did not call you out for language.

i was calling out coco for defending you when you give as good as you get.

calling me a 'special snowflake' is the same thing as me calling him an a**h**.

its actually worse in my opinion.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
go f*** yourself a**h**.

hows that for no need to dress it up.

edit
i know where the term 'special snowflake' comes from so if you don't respect me on this forum then i am not going to respect you.

learn how to talk to people without this male hating female bullshit.

Damn you are fucked up.

Have a nice day.