Interesting Study On Attractiveness Overestimation

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Snowflake is now used as a derogatory term and it is mostly aimed at millennials. It describes people who think the world should give them what they want due to an inflated sense of entitlement.

As far as I know the term is not gendered

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand why we are arguing, I can't see anything we disagree on except that at 70 women start sagging all over, you're only 45 so I don't know what your emotional problem with that is. By the time you are 70 you will worry about other things. I won't care that women my age are sagging when I'm 70. That's just life.

I not arguing with you i disagree with what you wrote about men aging better than women

i don't know why YOU keep making it personal but so be it.

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I not arguing with you i disagree with what you wrote about men aging better than women

i don't know why YOU keep making it personal but so be it.

Only objectively in terms of sagging at 70, that is undeniable. It's irrelevant really though.

As someone who has been in arguments with h.l. before I advise you to cut your losses and stop responding to him, he will continue this argument with you for months if you let him. Just ask Fred.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just so you understand

the term 'snowflake' weather it is to a man or a woman in my opinion is actually one of the worse things you can call a person in this day and age...to me its synonymous with 'cxxx' in intentions.

so we can take gender out of it but you really should not use that term so easily if you don't want someone to get pissed off at you....if you don't care..then you don't care.

the gender thing for me i am assuming and i think correctly it was about me as dating as a woman..since the context was about weather or not I would 'Fcuk 'Bryan Cranston bald...which i would not off the bat...when i said why--you called me a 'special snowflake' why would I NOT assume that has to do with my gender in the context?

if you would call a man a 'special snowflake' its still a 'f-you' word to most people these days.

but you still at the end of the day called me a 'privileged little cxx' so i think my instincts about what you wrote you pretty much proved with that statement. you did not call me a 'moron or a**h** or shithead etc you called me a 'privileged little cxxt'
so THAT is about my gender.

You write "just so you understand" as if you're actually explaining things, really all your doing is saying "This is about my gender" without explaining why.

You "explain" that using "special snowflake" is incredibly offensive, and don't offer anything behind it, as well as "privileged little c***" being gender-based, with no substance to back it up. Ya I've never heard a dude get called privileged before.

Like simply saying "your wrong and disingenuous" why would you even bother writing that? I think you just get stuck in your firm assertions and that's the end of it, regardless of whether or not you have balls.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You write "just so you understand" as if you're actually explaining things, really all your doing is saying "This is about my gender" without explaining why.

You "explain" that using "special snowflake" is incredibly offensive, and don't offer anything behind it, as well as "privileged little c***" being gender-based, with no substance to back it up. Ya I've never heard a dude get called privileged before.

Like simply saying "your wrong and disingenuous" why would you even bother writing that? I think you just get stuck in your firm assertions and that's the end of it, regardless of whether or not you have balls.

Im going to be honest

i never heard a dude called a 'privileged little c***'

and i never saw the term 'special snowflake' used in a non-deragotory manner.

so gender or not you still basically called me an 'a**h**' so i called you one back.

why this shocks you i don't understand.

and then you wrote a another post calling me a 'privileged little c***"

so NO never heard a man referred to as that but does not matter even if i was a guy your still an a**h** i would tell to f*** off.

Last edited:

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im going to be honest

so gender or not you still basically called me an 'a**h**' so i called you one back.

and then you wrote a another post basically calling me a 'privileged little c***"

so NO never heard a man referred to as that but does not matter even if i was a guy your still an a**h** i would tell to f*** off.

Well thanks for helping me understand now!

f*****g hell.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Snowflake is now used as a derogatory term and it is mostly aimed at millennials. It describes people who think the world should give them what they want due to an inflated sense of entitlement.

As far as I know the term is not gendered

it's a blanket term and used in different context depending on who you want to insult.
men do also negatively use it to describe women in the dating world that they are 'privlaged'.

here is definition
a person with supposedly unique characteristics or attributes that entitle them to privileged treatment or particular consideration.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@h.l.

Snowflake has been more widely used in the USA recently and particularly by the alt-right, I think to describe young entitled people who think they are the sh*t, and maybe those who practice outrage chasing.

Originally it was meant as a compliment for little kids "you're all unique and special, just like snowflakes," but it was noticed that growing up is less common than it used to be, perhaps in part due to coddling.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im going to be honest

and then you wrote a another post calling me a 'privileged little c***"

Actually y'know what, it was unreasonable to call you a special snowflake, regardless of gender, I think I was in a bad mood earlier. I do apologise, and I think my main intention in doing so is that you understand it was in jest, not an attack, just a fleeting comment which I get can be taken badly.

I thought it was strong to react however you did at the time (I can't remember the phrasing) but you also felt what I initiated was also strong, and I don't want to start bad blood on here for once. Sorry.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@h.l.

Snowflake has been more widely used in the USA recently and particularly by the alt-right, I think to describe young entitled people who think they are the sh*t, and maybe those who practice outrage chasing.

Originally it was meant as a compliment for little kids "you're all unique and special, just like snowflakes," but it was noticed that growing up is less common than it used to be, perhaps in part due to coddling.

calling someone that to me is same intent as cursing someone out.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually y'know what, it was unreasonable to call you a special snowflake, regardless of gender, I think I was in a bad mood earlier. I do apologise, and I think my main intention in doing so is that you understand it was in jest, not an attack, just a fleeting comment which I get can be taken badly.

I thought it was strong to react however you did at the time (I can't remember the phrasing) but you also felt what I initiated was also strong, and I don't want to start bad blood on here for once. Sorry.

okay no worries its squashed

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@h.l.

Yeah I get that, the origin back to Palahniuk, thanks though.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I legit didn't realise she's had run-ins in the past, I like Dante but when he starts liking your posts that are against a female, that's a time when you have to look at yourself.

don't worry no one bullies me lol

i don't think anyone here has been bullied.

i have debates with people that can go on

Last edited:

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I hate gravity. Just hope I'll look like Dana Delany at 60:

Dana+Delany+Shoulder+Length+Hairstyles+Medium+do9cm4KgrM_x.jpg

Probably had some work done but looks fantastic for her age.

Incredible.