Maliniak Method

Archon

Reaction score
Also, how old are you guys and how many times a week are you doing the method? I'm 28 and haven't been going bald for really that long relatively speaking; maybe the last 4 or 5 years total - so apparently if this works for me it's going to be a lot faster than Maliniak's own results. Currently I'm going 5x per week.

Making things even MORE interesting is the fact that I also quit Finasteride well over a week ago :shock: and I'm taking no other drugs/lotions/etc for hairloss so if I get results it will only be that much more impressive.

elliotramsey

Established Member
Reaction score
I try to do it once a day. I'm only 19 and my temples were really receding when I started "treatment" a little over a year ago with the skull expansion exercises. I've never been on finasteride or minoxidil or any of that stuff.

Straight up skull expansion, Tom Hagerty scalp exercise, and now (and personally more convenient than the others) the Maliniak Method.

I'll put some pictures up comparing last year to this year when my hair gets a little bit longer, but i'm 99% sure I haven't receded any further since I started a year ago (and yes i was definitely loosing my hair!).

While i've maintained what i've had, I haven't grown any back. I'm hoping the violet ray and help just a LITTLE bit with that.

If Mr. Maliniak can get those results being almost completely slick bald, i'm sure anything better will see even better results!

JosephHowl

Reaction score
Anyone opt for the more expensive models listed at the end of the book? I also got a cheaper one from ebay...

elliotramsey

Established Member
Reaction score
If the violet ray proves to be effective, then I think I will go for a more expensive model in the future

zambutu

Reaction score
Archon said:
Also, how old are you guys and how many times a week are you doing the method? I'm 28 and haven't been going bald for really that long relatively speaking; maybe the last 4 or 5 years total - so apparently if this works for me it's going to be a lot faster than Maliniak's own results. Currently I'm going 5x per week.

Making things even MORE interesting is the fact that I also quit Finasteride well over a week ago :shock: and I'm taking no other drugs/lotions/etc for hairloss so if I get results it will only be that much more impressive.

i'm 37 and i use the wand 2x per day, and ususally 1 scalp massage per day. Funniest thing i noticed is that my keyboard here stops working when i use the violet wand near it...so weird.

elliotramsey

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd highly suggest using the violet ray away from sensitive electronics. The first time it made my laptop go completely random. Applications would open with being prompted. This is probably also bad for the hard drive.

It makes my phone do weird things as well. When i pull out the violet ray, i put away the electronics (that i care about)

elliotramsey

Established Member
Reaction score
I got mine from a supplier on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VIOLET-RAY-WAND-DAR ... 161wt_1141

Be sure that the model has the correct power adapter for your area.

I also just got an email from Mr. Maliniak. He said that from reading this forum he gets the impression that people think the violet ray is the only component. Just a friendly reminder that without the massage the violet ray won't work as intended.

Leon has also posted updated pictures on his website. Check them out!

travis.woods34

Reaction score
Hi elliot,

Can you ask mr maliniak if i can use a lasercomb insead of a violet ray device.
Reading about it, it seems the violet ray device was used for stimulation so would the laser comb have the same effect?

Any of you guys tried the massage and then the comb?

Thanks
Travis

elliotramsey

Established Member
Reaction score
I can ask, but i'm pretty sure he has brought this up before. The violet ray is NOT the same thing as a laser comb. So I don't think you will get the same effect

Archon

Reaction score
travis.woods34 said:
Can you ask mr maliniak if i can use a lasercomb insead of a violet ray device.

No, you can't. They're not even remotely the same thing.

Archon

Reaction score
One thing I have definitely noticed over the past month or so is that the muscles around the perimiter of my head really WERE extremely tight at first but in the beginning I just thought that was normal; I had nothing to compare it against after all. The worst was the muscle in the back of the head, upper neck (forgot the name)... at first I had to take it on blind faith that I was even massaging an actual muscle rather than just fibrous sinew or tendon, because it felt something more like trying to knead frozen cookie dough. :dunno: Now it feels so much more loose just like any other muscle, as do the other areas he specified to massage each time. The difference is very noticeable to me.

Another thing I discovered struck me because it seemed to fit with what Maliniak said about "tightness" being one of the main factors, but maybe it was just a coincidence. Anyway you know how sometimes the hair in the NON-male pattern baldness areas gets a lot thinner with age, even though it doesn't go away completely? I was getting this ONLY on the right side of my head and never had any idea why. However when I started doing the massages on both sides simultaneously, it didn't take long to notice that the severely thinning non-male pattern baldness area on the right was MUCH harder to move around and more tightly stretched than the left side for whatever reason. There's still a difference even now, but not as much as before and maybe it will continue to improve even more with time. In any case, I thought that was interesting.

zambutu

Reaction score
looking at his new pics its hard to tell if he's made any progress in the last 6 months. I hope its not a plateau, but its still good results overall. I wish he'd post up more results from others, its been around long enough that others should have some results with pics.

I've got more hope for this routine than most of the other zillions of schemes i've tried from the internet, simply because of his pics. It is a little hard, though, to stay motivated and not believe that this is another miraculous routine that only seems to work on the guy who invented it. At least he has pics..

elliotramsey

Established Member
Reaction score
It is hard to see a BIG difference in the latest pics. But in my opinion the do look a bit better. You also have to take into account that the guy is in his 60's, and had severe baldness.

I do the exercises everyday. I still have tons of hair so it just keeps me where i am im pretty happy. If it regrows my lost temples, then everyone here will know