New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
the hilarious thing is that you KNOW there are going to be some here that are going to do it!

If you are going to do it, keep it up!! maintain!! Don't stop!! ...oh, the puns are endless...

...but seriously, this has to be done everyday....how about jerkin' it in the evening before bed, and minoxidil in the morning?? :jump:

LongWayHome

Established Member
Reaction score
Squeeqe, I have a few questions for you:

1. Let's say the dermarolling thing does work, and with minoxidil even more, and you regrow your hair.
What happens to the DHT ? If you (and I don't) use finasteride, the whole receding part would come again, doesn't it?

2. If the wounding stuff works so great with minoxidil, can it work with other treatments too?
Let's say even Neogenic..? it is some kind of snake oil but some people claimed it did something for them.
So if we can make it absorb better, why wouldn't it be a good idea?
This and many others. I guess it's because of systematic absorprion, but I guess there's something else than minoxidil which also can work with dermarolling.

Thank you for your answer.

zombiehair

Reaction score
I cant watch the Heather Locklear video hear in the uk somehow ,but im curious to what the guy in the background is upto,
has he just made a donation ? :)

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Squeeqe, I have a few questions for you:

1. Let's say the dermarolling thing does work, and with minoxidil even more, and you regrow your hair.
What happens to the DHT ? If you (and I don't) use finasteride, the whole receding part would come again, doesn't it?

2. If the wounding stuff works so great with minoxidil, can it work with other treatments too?
Let's say even Neogenic..? it is some kind of snake oil but some people claimed it did something for them.
So if we can make it absorb better, why wouldn't it be a good idea?
This and many others. I guess it's because of systematic absorprion, but I guess there's something else than minoxidil which also can work with dermarolling.

Thank you for your answer.

If you're not controlling your DHT, everything you do will be in bain. Dermarolling is not about absorbtion, were trying to achieve neogenesis and minoxidil is the only tribe so far that we know might do that. So other products will absorb better, but will not be anything special. Read on the wound theory and neogenesis.

- - - Updated - - -

If somebody's waking regularly, why throw the precious PGE2 away anyway?

Do you think it would be better to apply it with something like lipogaine to absorb better? Also, do you think it should be done after the rolling? I think maybe it would be best after maybe 7 hours after the rolling. You're right, let's not let that PGE2 go to waste, I don't know why so many people on TBT are so against this idea. I guess they find it very disgusting, but it's theirs, if it was some dude's then yeah.

I did my roll yesterday with the .5mm and it actually feels more sore than with the 1.5mm, I don't know why. Maybe because the day before I did the 1.5mm and it was just about to close. It actually kind of burned me when I applied minoxidil that night.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
I cant watch the Heather Locklear video hear in the uk somehow ,but im curious to what the guy in the background is upto,
has he just made a donation ? :)

Hahahah, I was wondering the same thing. Very suspicious character.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't mix it with anything. There is a huge confusion in hair loss forums about substance absorption through the skin and the magic dalton number 500, I am sick of people repeating this nonsense ad-nauseam. There are three kinds of ways substances can cross a cell membrane: passive diffusion, osmosis and active transport. Sperm motility allows it to permeate using active transport, part of this motility is actually enhanced by PGE2 (google it and you will see). In any case, I have pointed out an example of topically applied Hyaluronic acid, were they detected its polymer size of up to 40000 daltons in the skin and even freaking blood after topically applying it to human skin.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10571728

Like I have said before, put semen in a cup and let it sit there for days, it won't evaporate or anything. But as an experiment, put it on your skin and it will absorb in minutes.

Yes that has been my experience also, it was very painful with the 0.5mm after waiting 3 days (after the deep rolling with 1.5mm), I would never do it again, unless I have a 0.1 or less roller, I won't add more inflammation to the healing wounds. It's counter productive. I would just go with very deep thorough rolling session once a week (like odabalk suggested earlier).

In any case, PGE2 is critical for any kind of regeneration, be it hair or anything from stem cells

I know now, I guess our theory about wounding more after the wound has closed with a small derma is a bust, or maybe we just need to do it with a smaller roller. So you still think that we need a more vigorous approach for the day of the rolling? Like a 2.5mm with numbing cream and basically do massive trauma?

I can see now that the vehicle is not everything, but then it is for most things. There is an active thread on TBT about CB and finding the correct vehicle. I don't know if they're ever going to find it but all they care about is if it can be absorbed. They haven't really reported any positive news from it yet, but it could be a changer.

One last question for you Rambo since you're like the most knowledgeable person I have met for hair loss, you even beat hellouser. You seen my pictures right? I have been on finasteride and on minoxidil for some time now, recently I have bought some RU from kane and it is sitting there in my freezer. Do you feel that it will have an impact on me if I apply it, like for regrowth, I have already controlled my shedding to some extent. I it was you in my shoes, would you do it? Thanks

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
sperm in my bloodstream Wtf!

thinningTooSoon

Reaction score
hahaha thanks for the compliment, but knowledge is relative and a lot of people here know a lot about much more stuff than I am aware of. To your question, that is a tough one. I wouldn't personally include any topical besides minoxidil, pge2, fgf9 (or other good fibroblast growth factors), the reason simply being that after wounding, stem cells are waiting for specific signals, and there is a risk of something else interfering with the intended process. I personally only use ketoconazole the last few days of the rolling/healing period. I don't know the pharmacology of RU but maybe someone else can chime in on whether or not topical anti androgens are required during wound healing and why?! DHT per say slows wound closure (which is good new? yes?), but it doesn't influence fibroblasts proliferation (which is still good news? yes?). Anyone?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18855875

Can I ask why you only use ketoconazole towards the end of the healing period?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I think everyone needs to stay on course here with the study....Wound once/week, wait 24hrs then minoxidil 2x/day for the rest of the week...Squeeg' has already grown hairs in areas that were slick bald for years in only a few weeks...and out of everyone, you can believe him cuz he's been at this for as long as I have...no BS there...

..but when he says wound, you gotta dig in there...no pansy stuff....I gave my 0.5mm a go yesterday on my back vertex and I was really digging it in but I couldn't really get it to hurt...so that's not enough...still waiting for the 1.5mm to come in

thinningTooSoon

Reaction score
The reason is simply to be careful and not interfere with the healing process, by introducing various unknown substances to the healing wounds, we might hamper the intended results. If you have topicals that have been designed to act along the known good pathways (help stem cells activation, proliferation, up wnts, etc) then hell yes, I think those should be used and might result in amazing results, like better in the study. It is just a personal preference looking at the studies and guesstimating how long healing might still be occurring. Forget about microneedling for a second, imagine having a big open wound, what is the purpose of an anti-fungal agent in that environment? What is the role of a topical anti-androgen in than environment? I certainly do not know and do not want to interfere with the healing process. People are applying CB, RU and other obscure exotic substances to their wounded scalp expecting amazing results, but I have the feeling that most will be disappointed. I feel like the people who will get the most results with this trial are those who are going to keep it very simple, like in the study, like prettyFly did (squeegee also is getting good response and is using mico I think) that's again just my opinion though, I might be completely wrong but like my mama used to say, "cleanup the wound and let it heal, the doctor only dresses the wound but god heals it" :woot:

What are your thoughts on washing hair, I have been using T-Gel everyday (except for the 24 hours after the derma rolling) but am worried this might be interrupting the wound healing process. What do you do?

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks PrincessR.

I think squeegee uses both miconazole and keto if my memory is right.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks PrincessR.

I think squeegee uses both miconazole and keto if my memory is right.

I use Miconazole Nitrate cream twice a day . I switch shampoos all the time. Using some stem cell poos right now.. I use Miconazole shampoo as well along with Keto, both Cytochrome P450 inhibitor. L-carnitine shampoo looks good as well..

- - - Updated - - -

I think everyone needs to stay on course here with the study....Wound once/week, wait 24hrs then minoxidil 2x/day for the rest of the week...Squeeg' has already grown hairs in areas that were slick bald for years in only a few weeks...and out of everyone, you can believe him cuz he's been at this for as long as I have...no BS there...

..but when he says wound, you gotta dig in there...no pansy stuff....I gave my 0.5mm a go yesterday on my back vertex and I was really digging it in but I couldn't really get it to hurt...so that's not enough...still waiting for the 1.5mm to come in

I think all of us are over thinking lol. 1.5mm or bigger once a week. 0.25mm before topical application every other days. Keep it simple and be consistent. I have hair sprouting everywhere but my existing hair keep on going thicker.. which is an awesome feeling! As long as you respect the basics of the study, I don't see a problems of adding different topical like Copper Peptides. Anyways, I am considering of adding some supplements armada to support the positive hair growth.

- - - Updated - - -

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
I use Miconazole Nitrate cream twice a day . I switch shampoos all the time. Using some stem cell poos right now.. I use Miconazole shampoo as well along with Keto, both Cytochrome P450 inhibitor. L-carnitine shampoo looks good as well..

- - - Updated - - -

I think all of us are over thinking lol. 1.5mm or bigger once a week. 0.25mm before topical application every other days. Keep it simple and be consistent. I have hair sprouting everywhere but my existing hair keep on going thicker.. which is an awesome feeling! As long as you respect the basics of the study, I don't see a problems of adding different topical like Copper Peptides. Anyways, I am considering of adding some supplements armada to support the positive hair growth.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't it hurt when you derma roll every other day with the .5mm? I did that the other day and it hurt like hell, but I did it the day after the 1.5mm. I think I'm going to high jack your technique. Aren't you worried that it won't heal if you keep wounding?

Also, I found that the vigana cream 4% is very expensive and is out of stock for me. I put it on the other day 2% and it was greesy and smells weird, not to mention my hand felt weird, I think my hand absorbed quite a bit.

I would say I ha e seen major improvements but it is still not enough :( . I will have to keep putting semen on, did it for 3 days, why let it go to waste lol.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
So you guys are 5 weeks into this, tops??

A little soon to be thinking it all grows back by now....3 months in the study, wasn't it??

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
So you guys are 5 weeks into this, tops??

A little soon to be thinking it all grows back by now....3 months in the study, wasn't it??

I am not Nostradamus, But all I can say is by Christmas by hair would be a ****load thicker and looks like Brad Pitt. :salut: Just being silly as usual.. but by continual rolling and sticking the plan.. All you gonna see is positive results which everybody are here for! Seeing your hair improving is an awesome feeling..

Status
Not open for further replies.