New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah I've been reading this thread with quiet horror.

people ripping their scalps to shreds for an unproven method? you guys really prepared to mutilate your scalp every single day for the rest of your lives? 8O

I mean I know being bald is hardly a good look but a mutilated, bloody, scabby scalp isn't exactly a great look either

but each to their own.
I'm sceptical to a degree about this too, but it was an actual published study that triggered this experimentation after all, not some wild claims on a forum somewhere.

Also, it's once weekly, not daily, if you are following the study protocol, as most are.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Hahaha, I think quantum cat got the message now, he will think twice before posting here. This thread is only for the pioneers and we can't let any negativity come in.

Lets do this, let us cure this BS disease.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Hahaha, I think quantum cat got the message now, he will think twice before posting here. This thread is only for the pioneers and we can't let any negativity come in.

Sorry, but this drives me nuts...male pattern baldness is NOT a disease :protest:

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, but this drives me nuts...male pattern baldness is NOT a disease :protest:

Naw, just society is the disease that likes to deem us with less worth.

Donc83

Established Member
Reaction score
This use to aggravate me as well SParxx. It is not a disease like cancer or diabetes where it can kill you, but it is a disease in some aspects of the word. WHo cares what people call it really. It is a big pain in the *** that is extremely depressing and devestating to most who deal with that. And it is appalling that there are such limited treatments right now. It blows my mind how long this has been going on with these two fairly garbage treatment. 70 percent of men will deal with this in their lifetime, and there are still no good remedies.

BTW i purchased a 2.0 roller today. I hope I see results. IS 2.0 too much?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
This use to aggravate me as well SParxx. It is not a disease like cancer or diabetes where it can kill you, but it is a disease in some aspects of the word. WHo cares what people call it really. It is a big pain in the *** that is extremely depressing and devestating to most who deal with that. And it is appalling that there are such limited treatments right now. It blows my mind how long this has been going on with these two fairly garbage treatment. 70 percent of men will deal with this in their lifetime, and there are still no good remedies.

BTW i purchased a 2.0 roller today. I hope I see results. IS 2.0 too much?

I am using a 2.5mm with great success!
Go ahead!

Quantum Cat

Reaction score

LOL I didn't realise (or intend) that I'd get such angry and defensive responses here ...:woot:

hey I'm not against anybody trying out any kind of experimental treatment no matter how crazy. Believe me, I've seen it all on this board. Nothing surprises me any more

but good luck anyway, pioneer :salut:

Sparky4444

Reaction score
LOL I didn't realise (or intend) that I'd get such angry and defensive responses here ...:woot:

hey I'm not against anybody trying out any kind of experimental treatment no matter how crazy. Believe me, I've seen it all on this board. Nothing surprises me any more

but good luck anyway, pioneer :salut:

I hate cats, btw...anyways...you're post was pretty ignorant as you didn't read the facts before posting...and if you did it was a textbook troll posting..."Pioneer"???..All this has been done clinically, we're just trying to do it without paying through the nose once it comes to market

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I hate cats, btw...anyways...you're post was pretty ignorant as you didn't read the facts before posting...and if you did it was a textbook troll posting..."Pioneer"???..All this has been done clinically, we're just trying to do it without paying through the nose once it comes to market

'DesperateOne' brought up the word 'pioneers', not me

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Fred, I'll have to admit disappointment with the lack of any photos on (AFAIK) any of the forums so far. I know it's early days yet, but some pictures from anyone would be nice.

Still, at least this is as 'off the shelf' as you can actually get for a new experimental way to treat male pattern baldness,. Had this been about plugging some kind of black-market chemical from China, I wouldn't have given it any respect or been reading all these threads across various forums.

stoicone

Reaction score
People HAVE posted pictures and this is based on a study with other studies supporting the theory the method is founded on. If you took the time to read the studies and understand the science, you'd probably be as excited as everyone else. It's also only a month in for most folks and unless you shave your head, there's no way you'd notice the results or have photographic evidence. Keep your cynicism boxed up for now, it isn't constructive.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
People HAVE posted pictures and this is based on a study with other studies supporting the theory the method is founded on. If you took the time to read the studies and understand the science, you'd probably be as excited as everyone else. It's also only a month in for most folks and unless you shave your head, there's no way you'd notice the results or have photographic evidence. Keep your cynicism boxed up for now, it isn't constructive.

Nicely said!! :agree:

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
It's also only a month in for most folks and unless you shave your head, there's no way you'd notice the results

My head is shaved 5mm long. I'll do my third dermarolling session tomorrow. I do see a change. Lots of tiny infant hairs everywhere including on areas that had been totally bald for more than 15 years (I had lost 2 cm hairline compared to when I was a teenager). Also no shedding whatsoever. Now this as such can't be claimed to be evidence for follicle neogenesis, except that minoxidil before never resulted in this kind of change. The only question that remains for me is as regards to the future of follicles generated from neogenesis; on paper I can't see why these follicles shouldn't become fully adult but also produce thicker and longer lasting hairs than my old exhausted follicles.

stoicone

Reaction score
I have a ton of faith in this treatment modality. The science behind it is very good, but there are unpredictable variables specifically related to the intervals between sessions, the depth of the needle and the pressure used. I've spoken to one of the researchers that published the story and he was as clueless as the rest of us. All he could recommend was following the protocol they used, which was based on the time it took for the scalp to heal. He noted that mild erythmia was an understatement, with blood being drawn from time to time.

I sincerely believe the next step is adding PGE2 directly after wounding, which can be purchased from Kane. In the mean time, I'm a hard rolling with 1.5mm (just ordered a 2.0mm) once weekly and will follow it up directly with the GF solution from Kane. Then I will continue with my normal minoxidil/finasteride/adenosine regimen.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
My head is shaved 5mm long. I'll do my third dermarolling session tomorrow. I do see a change. Lots of tiny infant hairs everywhere including on areas that had been totally bald for more than 15 years (I had lost 2 cm hairline compared to when I was a teenager). Also no shedding whatsoever. Now this as such can't be claimed to be evidence for follicle neogenesis, except that minoxidil before never resulted in this kind of change. The only question that remains for me is as regards to the future of follicles generated from neogenesis; on paper I can't see why these follicles shouldn't become fully adult but also produce thicker and longer lasting hairs than my old exhausted follicles.

Well..I may be picking with my heart, but would one think Follica would go to market if all it did was give vellus hairs??? That's the one thing I would cling to odalbak!

stoicone

Reaction score
@DesperateOne: growth factors would help tremendously but timing is key in my opinion (god I love using "in my opinion" so people don't hang me later when it occurs that i am completely talking out of my arse), they can go to waste and not cause neo genesis if you miss the opportune window.

Follica has found a genius way to keep those tiny wound open and introduce all the magic element right on time, so it seems.

I posted the 1956 study in post 504 (which cotsarelis referenced in one his recent studies), which they found that dermabrading alone (without any else) resulted in vellus hair generation from areas that have no hair at all. So people cannot claim that minoxidil alone is causing the vellus hair to pop on completely bold areas. They also found that the epidermis was a treasure chest of stem cells that can turn into virtually anything, for example a salamander with amputated limbs will completely regenerate from the epidermis alone. Everything is in there, the key for terminal hair is wnt expression over a certain period of time before the wound closes.

http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v2...id195671a.html

Most children are capable of such regeneration on they finger tips, they actually compared some of the reactions between this phenomenon in children and salamanders and found that they were similar:

http://iopscience.iop.org/0143-0815/1/1/007

I saw a few years back (on the science channel) a lady in her 30s who got 3rd degree burn to her whole body, she was in a comma and her body was completely wrapped in a solution to prevent hypothermia and infection, weeks later she completely regenerated her whole skin including hair, the doctors thought it was a complete miracle, and they stated at the end of the show that basically in her 30s she got the skin of a newborn, like a new lease on youth. I will try to locate the info and post it.

Right, that's why I think it's wise to slather them on frequently post wounding.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
I like this forum better than BTT, it seems it has more intelligent people and are more aware that this is our only hope before an actual treatment comes down the line in a few years.
One thing that worries me is that I think one or two small needles broke inside my scalp, it is hurting on two places and nowhere else. Good luck everyone.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

Stoicone Why don't you go suck Kane's dick so you get some PGE2??? I am a bit over 6 weeks and showing great results so far. It is ****ing normal to see positive results after 6 weeks when the main study was 12 ****ing weeks long. I am in the Military and get an haircut every paycheck ,15 days. So I can notice and track a ****ing difference. And also I am in the game of hairloss since I was 24 years old.. So not new on the block. I am not cynical or overexcited. Just facts no bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.