New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darwin101

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I'm planning on ordering a dermaroller (2 mm). Does anyone have a recommendation as to which dermaroller I should buy? Perhaps a link via ebay?

Also, to clarify, the idea is to roll once a week and NOT apply minoxidil on that day? But apply ii every other day of the week as per usual?

Lastly, what are your guys thoughts oo rolling and applying concealers? Do you think there's a risk of getting concealer in the puncture wounds which could be dangerous?

Answers would be greatly appreciated!:salut:

Stoicone Why don't you go suck Kane's dick so you get some PGE2??? I am a bit over 6 weeks and showing great results so far. It is ****ing normal to see positive results after 6 weeks when the main study was 12 ****ing weeks. I am in the Military and get an Haircut every paycheck ,15 days. So I can notice and track a ****ing difference. And also I am in the game of hairloss since I was 24 years old.. So not new on the block.

That seems kind of uncalled for, unless that was an inside joke I'm not aware of.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I'm planning on ordering a dermaroller (2 mm). Does anyone have a recommendation as to which dermaroller I should buy? Perhaps a link via ebay?

Also, to clarify, the idea is to roll once a week and NOT apply minoxidil on that day? But apply ii every other day of the week as per usual?

Lastly, what are your guys thoughts oo rolling and applying concealers? Do you think there's a risk of getting concealer in the puncture wounds which could be dangerous?

Answers would be greatly appreciated!:salut:

That seems kind of uncalled for, unless that was an inside joke I'm not aware of.

Darwin.. get a derma roller from Amazon.com. they are pretty decent.. minoxidil twice every others days. Roll it once a week. Concealers? Why you wanna cake your head with that ****? Concealer is alright.. but makes sure you respect the basics.. Roll, minoxidil and time.

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you are fine using minoxidil on the same day as microneedling. I think what the scientists were trying to accomplish was eliminate growth due to more systematic absorption which would happen if you used the two on the same day. This adds more to the validity of the study

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
I posted the 1956 study in post 504 (which cotsarelis referenced in one his recent studies), which they found that dermabrading alone (without anything else) resulted in vellus hair generation from areas that have no hair at all. So people cannot claim that minoxidil alone is causing the vellus hair to pop on completely bald areas. They also found that the epidermis was a treasure chest of stem cells that can turn into virtually anything, for example a salamander with amputated limbs will completely regenerate from the epidermis alone. Everything is in there, the key for terminal hair is wnt expression over a certain period of time before the wound closes.

http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v2...id195671a.html

In this old and interesting study
The interest, particularly on the part of males, in the subject of human hair regeneration, is such that we feel obliged to emphasize that we have demonstrated only vellus hair formation and have not the slightest idea whether coarse terminal hair follicles can be regenerated under any circumstances.

Other thing is about sebaceous gland.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
wnt is a key in the process, but there is not alone
I am reading this text it could be useful
Hair grafting in chronic leg ulcers: a pilot clinical study
http://www.clinicadelpelo.com/DOCS/...lleva_a_la_raiz_del_problema_presentacion.pdf
and

https://www.escholar.manchester.ac....-ac-man-scw:160695&datastreamId=FULL-TEXT.PDF
a PhD Thesis
The role of hair follicles in cutaneous wound healing.

This is another ancient study
http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v25/n3/pdf/jid1955112a.pdf
RESPONSES OF THE SUPERFICIAL PORTION OF THE HUMAN
PILOSEBACEOUS APPARATUS TO CONTROLLED INJURY*

Last edited:

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
Someone should write a summary of what's needed to know about the method. With the growing interests in it we're going to have more and more posts by people who don't know much and share their opinion only based on the reading of the initial study (or based on nothing much). We may have people dermarolling everyday, minoxing everyday, bukkake everyday…

thinningTooSoon

Reaction score
Someone should write a summary of what's needed to know about the method. With the growing interests in it we're going to have more and more posts by people who don't know much and share their opinion only based on the reading of the initial study (or based on nothing much). We may have people dermarolling everyday, minoxing everyday, bukkake everyday…

I agree, but if people are that interested surely they would take the time to investigate. I didn't start this trial without hours and hours of reading and researching. Who wouldn't prior to sticking needles in their head!

P.S. What's wrong with Bukkake everyday?!??!

stoicone

Reaction score
Trust me, I'm not that sensitive. Squeegee misread my post - I clearly stated that "unless you shaved' your head, you probably wouldn't notice the regrowth. I'm sure that anyone who's shaving their head or has a buzz cut will see the results pretty quickly. Whatevs, it happens.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

Squeegee's method:

Every Friday night after work, shower couple beers.. then deep derma rolling session.. 2.5mm deep , I try to cover as much ground as I can, even the non balding areas. Your scalp get used to it after times.. less bleeding and pain. I let the blood dry, then go to bed. Wake up in the morning, Shower with shampoo, I rotate shampoos, keto, Stem cells.. then wait til my head is dry or will get topical absorption.. My head is red the next 2-3 days.. Normal deal.. then I apply minoxidil/Miconazole Nitrate. I do this twice a day til the next deep derma rolling days.. When my head stop to be red and inflamed, I use a derma roller before topical applications. I use a mild 0.25mm .I get a better absorption of the topical and create better blood circulation. Helps the healing state as well. You want migration of platelets and progenitors stem cell. Then I repeats the process every week. I also sheds a lot of dead skin in the process.. because I accelerates the formation of collagen... My actual hair is thicker, I have small dark hair sprouting everywhere, I use a an electronic microscope to monitor the progress. I keep my hair really short so it facilitates the rolling sessions and a better absorption of the topical. It makes everything easier to monitor as well. I also taking supplements to support faster better results. Vitamin C + L-lysine, MSM and Silica chloride. What's in your blood support reconstruction.

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score
How is he ignorant? In 11 days, it will be 3 months since the study was released and we still don't have convincing before/after pictures.

You know I'm trying to reproduce the study myself but if I don't see an improvement in December, I give up and just go with my first hair transplant as planned.

This is not the holy grail. Every now and then, there is a miracle method like this popping up, and every time it ends in disappointment.

I don't think this is a holy grail either, just another part of the treatment.

And I think the one who is the most advanced in this is just 8 weeks...

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless you find balding women attractive you're part of this society, just like us.

They'd put on wigs and everyone would be content, just like 99% of them cake on makeup and fake their looks while every guy goes about as if its nothing. But for some reason if a man is concerned about his physical appearance, it's unacceptable.

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
They'd put on wigs and everyone would be content, just like 99% of them cake on makeup and fake their looks while every guy goes about as if its nothing. But for some reason if a man is concerned about his physical appearance, it's unacceptable.
You just reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where George is wearing a toupee and gets set up with a bald women. At first he doesn't want to pursue the relationship, because she is bald, but then decides he is being too shallow, so sets up another date with her but this time without the toupee. But....once she finds out that he is bald, she rejects him.

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
squeegee, I wouldn't micro-needle everyday even with a smaller dermaroller; if you do that then the wound will never heal and may effect your gains. btw I switched from a 1.0mm to a 1.5mm 2 weeks ago and things are looking good. it's strange because I'm experiencing less pain switching to the longer needles.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna join you guys, just ordered a 1mm size dermaroller. I don't understand how you guys are getting less pain with a bigger needle size?? Also how many needles does your dermaroller have? Some have 540 some have 192, which one is best? I read on another forum that the quality of needles is important as some are more like a triangular shape. I decided to go for 1mm because it's in the middle range of the study and previous suggestions of using 0.5mm.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Yep, it happens about every other page...

Form! do you need a hug?:grouphug:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gonna join you guys, just ordered a 1mm size dermaroller. I don't understand how you guys are getting less pain with a bigger needle size?? Also how many needles does your dermaroller have? Some have 540 some have 192, which one is best? I read on another forum that the quality of needles is important as some are more like a triangular shape. I decided to go for 1mm because it's in the middle range of the study and previous suggestions of using 0.5mm.

Get the 1.5mm at least if you want results. Why half-*** everything?

- - - Updated - - -

squeegee, I wouldn't micro-needle everyday even with a smaller dermaroller; if you do that then the wound will never heal and may effect your gains. btw I switched from a 1.0mm to a 1.5mm 2 weeks ago and things are looking good. it's strange because I'm experiencing less pain switching to the longer needles.

It is the goal.. Bigger injury have better results because it takes longer to heal.. look up the BBQ guy in this very thread. Also helps for better absorption of everything topical which is good. It gets my pumpkin a bit reddish.. this is it.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't believe using a smaller-needled roller on other days will be much of a problem to be honest. I have started rolling again every other day with the .5mm roller for increased minoxidil absorption. Never seems to do any considerable damage, compared to the 1.5mm.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I don't believe rolling with a smaller needle on other days will do much damage to be honest. I have started rolling again every other day with the .5mm roller for increased minoxidil absorption. Never seems to do any considerable damage.

^^^
he gets it!

Status
Not open for further replies.