New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombiehair

Reaction score
Impressive results Guys.
So from your observation does it appear new growth sprouts directly from the micro needled puncture sites ?

roll on :)

RAWHIDE

Rolling Rolling Rolling x 4
Rawhide

Rollin Rollin Rollin
Though the streams are swolling
Keep them dogies rollin Rawhide

Rain and wind and weather
Held bent for leather
Wishing my gal was by my side

All the things I'm missing
Good vittles love and kissing
Are waiting at the end of my ride

Move 'em on head' em up
Head 'em up move' em up
Move 'em on head' em up
Rawhide
Count 'em out , ride 'em in
Ride 'em in count 'em out
Count 'em out, ride 'em in
Rawhide

Keep moving moving moving
Though their disapproving
Keep them dogies movin Rawhide

Don't try to understand 'em
Just rope throw and brand'em
Soon we'll be living high and wide

My hearts calculating
My true love will be waiting
Be waiting at the end of my RIDE

Move 'em on head' em up
Head 'em up move' em on
Move 'em on head' em up
Rawhide
Count 'em out ride 'em in
Rawhide

thinningTooSoon

Reaction score
I have been doing this for some weeks now (1.5mm every weeks)! Just before my dermarolling session I was looking at my hair I was surprised to see that some of my previous dermarolling holes were looking black. I decided to take my macro lens and I took some pictures and I noticed small hairs growing from those holes! This is my frontline.
8pki.jpg

This is fantastic progress, thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to session number 3 tomorrow night :)

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
wow great results guys!! can we expect to further improve the hair density??

No.

LOL Only kidding, yes we can. Nice pics guys, thanks. Keep 'em coming. I can see the same on my own baldy bonce. Happy days.

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of using numbing cream?

Other than the price, my only worry is that whatever is in those creams could potentially contribute to damaging the hair follicles somehow.

Rolling with a 1.5mm to the point of bleeding just hurts like a <censored>!
I'm constantly in tears, shouting at the mirror, banging my hand against the wall, jumping etc etc. Every time I think to myself that baldness is much better than this torture is.

Random thought:
I think it might be a good idea to wear a hat or whatever the first two days after rolling. The skin gets very sensitive to UV-damage when its red like that.
Of course, if you already have a thick head of hair, you need not worry. (but if you did have all that hair, you probably wouldn't be reading this anyway.)

Sparky4444

Reaction score

Other than the price, my only worry is that whatever is in those creams could potentially contribute to damaging the hair follicles somehow.

I'm constantly in tears, shouting at the mirror, banging my hand against the wall, jumping etc etc. Every time I think to myself that baldness is much better than this torture is.

Random thought:
I think it might be a good idea to wear a hat or whatever the first two days after rolling. The skin gets very sensitive to UV-damage when its red like that.
Of course, if you already have a thick head of hair, you need not worry. (but if you did have all that hair, you probably wouldn't be reading this anyway.)

yep..it hurts like a SOB...I am going to try Japanese mint oil for numbing...that stuff is potent, potent, potent..and cheap

- - - Updated - - -

having said all that -- I think even at this point, the proof is there..to have any regrowth after 5 weeks or so, with homemade methods, is iconic...this is enough for me to believe Follica has enough snap to do some real cosmetic effect...For me, it's looking good for hair transplant for front half and Follica to round it out for the back half....

you SOB's are crazy, but god love ya'!! :salut:

thinningTooSoon

Reaction score

Random thought:

If you wash your hair 1st then use the betadine and saline solution on your head you should find that softens the skin. I did this the 2nd time I rolled and it was much easier. Either way if it works any pain is worth it in my opinion!

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a derma roller. Got one with 198 needles instead of the 600 one because some folks reported that the higher needle count had a slicing effect or some such. Starting with 1.5 for now and will follow the study starting next friday(i wont get the thing till wends or so) I will keep you updated.

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
yep..it hurts like a SOB...I am going to try Japanese mint oil for numbing...that stuff is potent, potent, potent..and cheap

Is the the same thing they also call Peppermint Essential Oil?
One drop of it will smell up the whole room for an hour etc?

I heard that applying anything more than a 1% essential oil solution to the skin is detrimental (for the skin).

Are you planning to apply the oil directly, without dilution?

Jlyncher

Established Member
Reaction score
8pki.jpg

Sweet! Looking good guys, I'm seeing the same thing. Thanks for the pics

One question, are ya'll seeing any skin shedding? I've been rolling like hell but have seen little if any actual skin shedding. Still seeing results though, so maybe it's not necessarily indicative of effectiveness..

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
8pki.jpg

Sweet! Looking good guys, I'm seeing the same thing. Thanks for the pics

One question, are ya'll seeing any skin shedding? I've been rolling like hell but have seen little if any actual skin shedding. Still seeing results though, so maybe it's not necessarily indicative of effectiveness..

What is rolling like Hell for you? I roll like hell and I shed dead skin like it too! everybody here is different..

- - - Updated - - -

Is the the same thing they also call Peppermint Essential Oil?
One drop of it will smell up the whole room for an hour etc?

I heard that applying anything more than a 1% essential oil solution to the skin is detrimental (for the skin).

Are you planning to apply the oil directly, without dilution?

get a bigger derma roller.. you don't have to force the needle in.. It is way less painful than the 1.5mm. 2.5mm+ is the best.

- - - Updated - - -

wow great results guys!! can we expect to further improve the hair density??

Yes.. It is balding but in reverse! so yes is the answer! Progressively growing hair..

- - - Updated - - -

Impressive results Guys.
So from your observation does it appear new growth sprouts directly from the micro needled puncture sites ?

roll on :)

RAWHIDE

Rolling Rolling Rolling x 4
Rawhide

Rollin Rollin Rollin
Though the streams are swolling
Keep them dogies rollin Rawhide

Rain and wind and weather
Held bent for leather
Wishing my gal was by my side

All the things I'm missing
Good vittles love and kissing
Are waiting at the end of my ride

Move 'em on head' em up
Head 'em up move' em up
Move 'em on head' em up
Rawhide
Count 'em out , ride 'em in
Count 'em out, ride 'em in
Rawhide

Keep moving moving moving
Though their disapproving
Keep them dogies movin Rawhide

Don't try to understand 'em
Just rope throw and brand'em
Soon we'll be living high and wide

My hearts calculating
My true love will be waiting
Be waiting at the end of my RIDE

Move 'em on head' em up
Head 'em up move' em on
Move 'em on head' em up
Rawhide
Rawhide

Zombie wtf! lol

zombiehair

Reaction score
I've been shedding skin ,five or six days after rolling when washing my hair If I run my fingers across my scalp clumps of dead skin come off.
Thinking of getting a 192 needle roller not sure if the 540 needle ones I have are having the bedding effect.

Great seeing and hearing from the guys getting results coming through.
A question for them.
from your observation does it appear new growth sprouts directly from the micro needled puncture sites ?

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mikazz, can you please specify your exact protocol and regimen? Your success seems much better than squeegees or mine (though I'm only 3 weeks in)

• Duration of treatment (rolling sessions)
  • Frequency of rolling
  • when started (date of first rolling session)
  • Intensity of rolling (visual description of post-rolling state: very bloody, not so much, not at all...)
  • skin shedding: yes or no
  • roller needle length & brand
  • topicals/other regimen components

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Mikazz, can you please specify your exact protocol and regimen? Your success seems much better than squeegees or mine (though I'm only 3 weeks in)

• Duration of treatment
  • Frequency of rolling
  • when started
  • Intensity of rolling (visual description of post-rolling state: very bloody or not so much)
  • topicals/other regimen compontents

I also want to know this ^.

Also let us know your Norwood level
And size of your haircut if not shaved, thanks.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

• Frequency of rolling
  • Intensity of rolling (visual description of post-rolling state: very bloody, not so much, not at all...)

He's diffuse.. this is why he's getting better results.. Simple as that... Regrowing hair on bald temple is success in my book.. Temple is the toughest part to get regrowth.. My hair as a whole looks 10x better than before. Unbelievable..

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know it's easier to regrow in diffuse areas. Nonetheless, his protocol would be interesting, as his visible success seems to be the biggest so far in this thread. Something that definitely works in duffuse areas might as well work to a lesser extent in non-diffuse, completely bald areas. Might even work better than our protocol? Who knows, but information behind success is always valuable.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He's diffuse.. this is why he's getting better results.. Simple as that... Regrowing hair on bald temple is success in my book.. Temple is the toughest part to get regrowth.. My hair as a whole looks 10x better than before. Unbelievable..

Do you have a before and now pic (showing your complete head)?

Mikazz

Established Member
Reaction score

• Frequency of rolling

1-The duration of the treatment is about 10 minutes. I roll non stop all over the top of my head, in my front line and in my temples. I roll 3 direction: Vertically, horizontally and diagonally. I roll around 8 to 10 times in each directions with a little bit of pression, just enough to bleed.

2- I roll every friday night

3- I started 5 weeks ago.

4- I bleed everywhere. I will post a picture next week. However, I seems to bleed more and more each time I'm doing it.

5- I have been using minoxidil since more than a year and I always got dandruff from it. For me, it does not seems to be skin. It seems to be minoxidil residues

6- I'm using 1.5mm Dr. Roller

7- The first two days after the rolling session I'm using the head&shoulders shampoo to avoid using anti-inflammatory. I'm using the revita shampoo 1% keto every other days.

Additional info: I'm using the 5% kirkland minoxidil one time a day.

Also let us know your Norwood level
And size of your haircut if not shaved, thanks.

Norwood level 3.
My hair on the top of my head is about 5 cm. long.

- - - Updated - - -

This is my head. I took this picture the first week of the treatment to see the results on the long term.

kwjk.png

Status
Not open for further replies.