New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't have one. I just press hard enough to ensure that 1.5mm of the dermaroller is being utilized it.
Ah, the thorough approach. :D

Are you managing to roll effectively without getting the roller caught in your hair?

Anyway, best of luck, and I hope that bloodshed leads to something good in the end. :)

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah, the thorough approach. :D

Are you managing to roll effectively without getting the roller caught in your hair?

Anyway, best of luck, and I hope that bloodshed leads to something good in the end. :)

Nope, hair never gets caught, its too short. Even if it were longer, I'd just roll downwards along with the hair.

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
hellouser, have you considered shaving your hair very very short, for the few months of experiment, so that your long hairs don't add a thickness that may make the wounding less deep. My hair is like 5mm short.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
hellouser, have you considered shaving your hair very very short, for the few months of experiment, so that your long hairs don't add a thickness that may make the wounding less deep. My hair is like 5mm short.

That's a good idea. It is much easier to apply topicals that way and also it creates thicker hair.

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. WHat i do to apply minoxidil is just spray my scalp with drops of it and then use the bottom of a small glass and slide it all over my scalp. No minoxidil is absorbed by either my fingers or my hairs.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Nope, hair never gets caught, its too short. Even if it were longer, I'd just roll downwards along with the hair.

Dude, you have nothing to worry about...you are a killer candidate for a hair transplant...especially when the scarless FUE comes out, you could have ALL your hair back..you have no thinning on top..or the back, it appears...I'd trade places with you any day

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely. WHat i do to apply minoxidil is just spray my scalp with drops of it and then use the bottom of a small glass and slide it all over my scalp. No minoxidil is absorbed by either my fingers or my hairs.

Looking back I think that my relative success was due to the fact that I was buzzed down to a number 2mm. Now, it's pretty long and I get a lot of lipogaine stuck on my hair. Sure it makes it lol thicker, but it's a waste on the hair. I think I will have to buzz it to zero and just do an intense workout, lipogaine is not cheap.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Well someone said peppermint or something like that, maybe Japanese oil may be better.

Just did a sample stab with Japanese Mint Oil on the temple...this works like the s-h-i-t...wayyyyyy less painful...it is like an anesthetic ...giddyup

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Just did a sample stab with Japanese Mint Oil on the temple...this works like the s-h-i-t...wayyyyyy less painful...it is like an anesthetic ...giddyup

Awesome dude, looks like that will be the one to use, tell me which one of these is it, the first one is cheaper and if that's the one you're using then great, I will buy it soon. Also, how much are you actually applying since you said that you're not using any water to dilute it.

Cheaper:
http://www.amazon.com/Peppermint-Essential-Undiluted-Therapeutic-Grade/dp/B005V2UIM2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379299572&sr=8-1&keywords=Japanese+Mint+Oil

Expensive:
http://www.amazon.com/Japan-Mint-Yl...=1379299572&sr=8-2&keywords=Japanese+Mint+Oil

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
How come you also thought about once a week?

Because the rolling frequency recommended by owndoc.com for a 1mm needle length was 10 days, IIRC.
But being male, I figured my skin is thicker and can handle more.
Also, doing it every Friday is easier than keeping track of every 10th day. For me, anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Could you please tell us which product you are using exactly?

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone tried the ice pack method for numbing yet?

My next rolling session is scheduled for Friday. But I'm eager to know if anyone has tried it yet.
I'm dreading the wailing, crying, sobbing and screaming I undergo with the 1.5mm. :D
Would love to have something to numb me down first.

Even though I've read a few users here say the 2.5mm is less painful, I remain mentally prepared for even more torture than I experience with the 1.5mm. :x

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Because the rolling frequency recommended by owndoc.com for a 1mm needle length was 10 days, IIRC.
Also, doing it every Friday is easier than keeping track of every 10th day. For me, anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

My next rolling session is scheduled for Friday. But I'm eager to know if anyone has tried it yet.
I'm dreading the wailing, crying, sobbing and screaming I undergo with the 1.5mm. :D

Even though I've read a few users here say the 2.5mm is less painful, I remain mentally prepared for even more torture than I experience with the 1.5mm. :x

Haha, so am I getting prepared for more torture. I don't cry, but I am not far from there. Would you say you have soft skin? Curious because I have relatively softer skin for a man, and no I don't apply lotions for it.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Haha, so am I getting prepared for more torture. I don't cry, but I am not far from there. Would you say you have soft skin? Curious because I have relatively softer skin for a man, and no I don't apply lotions for it.

2.5mm would be less painful. Stop the madness..

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Some advice, start out with the 1.5 mm because it was the length used in the study. By using the other lengths, you can't guarantee you'll get the same results and possibly some unsightly bleeding(no bleeding for me on the 1.5mm roller). As I said earlier to another user, shower before to soften the skin and make sure to roll slower, its much less painful that way.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Hagina Japanese Mint Oil..Just a few dabs to start..you'll feel it cool your skin...don't overdo it, the stuff is powerful

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Hagina Japanese Mint Oil..Just a few dabs to start..you'll feel it cool your skin...don't overdo it, the stuff is powerful

LOL! what is next? Tiger balm? Common guys! Just brainwashed yourself for some pain. Roll it! Leave it! go to bed!

Quadzilla99

Established Member
Reaction score
I just dermarolled yesterday seeing how last week I wasn't very vigorous with my session. I know I pressed harder this time, but I get this weird feeling that each time I dermaroll, I bleed more easily than the following week. It's been about 4-5 sessions of dermarolling and I've yet to see any positive results from using minoxidil and CB with it. I'm going to be ordering RU next week as well and get back on it.

Also, I've gone against waiting a full 24 hours before applying Minoxidil and applied it around 9 hours later. I don't believe waiting 24 hours is in line with the healing time simply because the microneedling wounds heal extremely quickly, probably within the 24 hour period.

Here's how I sliced up my scalp.

13-09-15-right-temple.jpg

13-09-15-left-temple.jpg

13-09-15-front.jpg
Good lord, be careful. There's a mrsa epedimic going around (I've caught it twice) be careful with constant open wounds on your head

seemus

Reaction score
I just dermarolled yesterday seeing how last week I wasn't very vigorous with my session. I know I pressed harder this time, but I get this weird feeling that each time I dermaroll, I bleed more easily than the following week. It's been about 4-5 sessions of dermarolling and I've yet to see any positive results from using minoxidil and CB with it. I'm going to be ordering RU next week as well and get back on it.

Also, I've gone against waiting a full 24 hours before applying Minoxidil and applied it around 9 hours later. I don't believe waiting 24 hours is in line with the healing time simply because the microneedling wounds heal extremely quickly, probably within the 24 hour period.

Here's how I sliced up my scalp.

13-09-15-right-temple.jpg

13-09-15-left-temple.jpg

13-09-15-front.jpg

sorry for digressing but are you implying that cb did not work for you?

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
Would you say you have soft skin?

I cannot answer that, as I never touch other men's skin, other than shaking hands. ;)
I have nothing to compare with.

But if washing the scalp/hair twice daily impacts softness, then I probably do have soft skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.