New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jlyncher

Established Member
Reaction score
Speaking of neogenesis and improved growth of existing hairs....Shedding is down to 10 hairs or so in the shower.
But what's caught my attention is almost every one of them is much thicker in diameter in the last inch. My hair is about 2.5 inches long and some of these are easily twice as thick in the last half or so.

What do you guys make of this?

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Well I meant keep wounding days after and then completely stop 3 days before the day of the major DR. I seriously doubt that it takes only one hour for it to close, even if it did, why wouldn't the .5mm not open the wound again. If anything it might close with a thin strip of skin on the top, them the .5mm would be enough to reopen it and induce more growth factors.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of neogenesis and improved growth of existing hairs....Shedding is down to 10 hairs or so in the shower.
But what's caught my attention is almost every one of them is much thicker in diameter in the last inch. My hair is about 2.5 inches long and some of these are easily twice as thick in the last half or so.

What do you guys make of this?

I also notice the same thing. My hair was very brittle and if I pulled on it, it would break off. Now however, I have to use relatively more force to actually pull it off. The hair is thicker and dare I say darker. It is also growing very fast.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
This might have been already discussed but doesn't rolling cause scar tissue? Then causing less hair growth.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
This might have been already discussed but doesn't rolling cause scar tissue? Then causing less hair growth.

Rolling fix scar tissues, not the other way around.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Oh Gosh I am a dumb ***. I new this...

The needles are way too small to wound the skin enough to scar. It creates tiny microscopic holes that stimulates collagen reconstruction. The derma roller is heavily uses to treat acne scars and burns.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Since there is the collagen link to both needling and gelatin, I think it would be worthwhile to add that to the regime...I've been eating about 3.7g/day for almost a month...it's a cheap supplement and there has been research that shows gelatin does have benefits

darwin101

Reaction score
Before you guys roll do you sterilizer the derma roller? If so, how?

Apologies for the slightly amateurish questions!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Before you guys roll do you sterilizer the derma roller? If so, how?

Apologies for the slightly amateurish questions!

Been using 70% Rubbing alcohol on the roller itself Prior, during and after derma rolling. Never had a problem.

Irishjim

Reaction score
Do any of you do anything specific to prepare/clean/sterilise your scalp beforehand? ... Besides just washing your hair.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Do any of you do anything specific to prepare/clean/sterilise your scalp beforehand? ... Besides just washing your hair.

Good shampoo will do LOL.. your are not going in for a heart surgery LOL.. just makes sure you sterilize the derma roller as often as possible and clean your pumpkin prior to rolling time!

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
I do use something to desinfect the skin before and after DR, a solution called hexomedine.

The scalp can be in contact with many things including your own hands after wounding.

thinningTooSoon

Reaction score

I shampoo my hair then soak my head with a mix of Betadine and Saline Solution as per the study.

For the roller I emailed the guys at Dr Roller and they recommend baby sterilization liquid.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Since there is the collagen link to both needling and gelatin, I think it would be worthwhile to add that to the regime...I've been eating about 3.7g/day for almost a month...it's a cheap supplement and there has been research that shows gelatin does have benefits

Gelatin is nothing more than the Amino Acid Glycine and Proline. :salut:

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Gelatin is nothing more than the Amino Acid Glycine and Proline. :salut:

I dunno...since I've been taking this stuff, my hair is growing so effin' fast...It also appears to be darker at the root in places...The big thing, SUPPOSEDLY, is it works with your healthy hair..the ones that are ready to bail won't realize anything..

..anyhoo, gonna keep taking it...doesn't hurt...I haven't had any side's from it in any way and it's supposed to be good for your joints..which I neeed

Morinohtar

Reaction score
Hi squeegee,

You still keep using the dermaroller once a week and minoxidil every other day?
In terms of pain the 2.5mm is much better, no tears? lol

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
People on other forums are talking about adding chicken poop, the only concern is beign called sh*t head.

Anyways, it seems that I started good but no more progress and even worse I think I am shedding. I don't think sheddin is suppose to happen with this method, or do you guys think its possible.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil causes shedding so it's not out of the question. I haven't seen anything saying there's no shedding with this method.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Good shampoo will do LOL.. your are not going in for a heart surgery LOL.. just makes sure you sterilize the derma roller as often as possible and clean your pumpkin prior to rolling time!
Do you think the use of betadine(?) by the researchers behind the study was just typical clinical (over)precaution? I mean, I cut myself shaving literally every day, have as long as I've been old enough to shave, and don't clean my skin to clinical conditions every day and not killed myself yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.