New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
How do you know how much pressure to apply?? Are you just trying to insert them about half way?

It sits there with pretty much the weight your hand.. not going half-way.. you can monitor the needle in the mirror..

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah but are you aiming to penetrate 1.5mm into your scalp? So you would need to go at least half way right?

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
nope some MT purple color brand that I bough on Amazon.com

Does it have the same needle count, though?

'Cos if you were using a 192 needle 1.5mm roller, then switched to a 2.5mm with 540 needles, then I can understand why you experience less pain.

High needle density significantly reduced the pain I went through.
But I have since learnt that that was the wrong way to go. Best to keep the needle count low. No pain, no gain. :punk:

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
So before applying minoxidil we have to get a so called brush, is that a derma roller or a regular comb? And go back and forth vigorously for about 10 seconds? Or just brush off dead skin cells from your head with your hand?

@Breaking bald, I will be getting my 2.5mm hopefully tomorrow, I know it doesn't make much sense being less pain but I will find out soon enough if squeegee is right.

Also, I let my semen liquify for about 25 mins and sure enough, it was much easier to apply and I think it definitively absorbed better.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Let us know Desperate One if it feels less painful or not ;)

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
So i tried rolling both my 1mm and 1.5mm at a normal speed and the 1.5mm is without a doubt more painful. However, if I roll very slowly, which I have been doing with the 1.5, I experience little to no pain. I think the key is to roll slowly and apply a good amount of pressure; you should be able to hear the needles entering the skin.

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
For the last couple of days I've been told I looked tired and had big brown bags under the eyes. Twice. Didn't think much about it until tonight when I suddenly thought "hey, minoxidil?…". ****. (No I didn't ejaculate more than usual…)

I really need this DR+M to work fast. Hope I'll be able to stop minoxing before 2014. I'm going to wound much more now. The more holes I'll dig in my scalp every week the more new follicles I should get in theory.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
For the last couple of days I've been told I looked tired and had big brown bags under the eyes. Twice. Didn't think much about it until tonight when I suddenly thought "hey, minoxidil?…". ****. (No I didn't ejaculate more than usual…)

I really need this DR+M to work fast. Hope I'll be able to stop minoxing before 2014. I'm going to wound much more now. The more holes I'll dig in my scalp every week the more new follicles I should get in theory.

yep..me too...since I started up I am bagged...it happens everytime with this stuff

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
So I got a moderation warning on BTT, those fools are annoying.
Oh yeah, I seen those brushes, I used to have one. I will pick one up tonight at my local store. I might need to disenfect it because I have some blood on my scalp right now I need to clean off.

Also, I did seem to be a bit tired after the rolling. Maybe the body is asking us to recover as if it were something serious. Some are claiming to sneeze buu I have not experienced that get.

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
I get the sneezing as well. That and teary eyes. Thought it was just coincidence.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
So I got a moderation warning on BTT, those fools are annoying.

What did you get the moderation warning for on BTB?

My account has been put into moderation by Winston for posting a link, ****ing sick of that moderator he is ****ing useless. I'm well annoyed and he won't take it out of moderation so now all of my posts have to be approved first!I only linked to another forum to help somebody out :mad:

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, I let my semen liquify for about 25 mins and sure enough, it was much easier to apply and I think it definitively absorbed better.

What?

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
What did you get the moderation warning for on BTB?

My account has been put into moderation by Winston for posting a link, ****ing sick of that moderator he is ****ing useless. I'm well annoyed and he won't take it out of moderation so now all of my posts have to be approved first!I only linked to another forum to help somebody out :mad:

I was mentioning that this forum is more informed and intellectual than BTT. I then questioned to why is there no ability to pm someone and made a request for a private forum invitation.

@Hell, read a page back, Rambo pointed out that if we let the semen sit for a while, it liquified and it is easier to absorb. I can attest to this because I felt it dry quite fast.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
..damn, my ex-girlfriend used to squirt like crazy...should have kept her around ..good excuse to get her off every night, she'd loved me forever

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Just Ignore them...I don't usually rant my friend, but people are so freaking unintelligent that somehow I ask myself why natural selection decided that some of our ancestors needed to propagate the defective genomes. Let's look at the indian dermaroller study again, hopefully for the last freaking time.

1. They noted that new hair growth was observed at the 6 weeks mark
2. They literally used microscopic photographic methods to verify these new follicles, look a the red circles tattooed on the shaven scalp and the machine they used in the study.
3. Where in the hell in the study did they mentioned that the before and after pictures were taken at the 12 weeks mark. For the last freaking time let's view this included image, let's pay attention to the text on top of the pictures and specifically to image b: hair count at week 12. This is how the head was at week 12 in the study, freaking shaven almost. Let's compare a (day 0) to b (last day of week 12). This is how they analyzed it, using freaking microscope on a almost shaven head at week 12, notice how all the existing hair got thicker, but we can barely notice new terminal hair with the naked eye.

day1_To12weeks.png

4. They noted that the study was stopped and the growth was monitored for another 8 months (8 months after the end of the study, that means at least a year of checking the patients for response), and the conclusion was a sustainable growth. I have no doubt in my mind that the after pictures were around the time of the writing of the study report which was most like almost a year after the first scalp stabbing.

I think that we just have to go to the fundamentals to conclude anything here. A lot of shedding people go through is basically from hair that was going to jump ship regardless. It then takes months to see hair follicles revive themselves, so that should tell us that this will regrow hair about the same point as Rogain and Propecia, around 6-12 months, or even longer. I personally saw good results from finasteride around a year, which was painfully slow, but that's just how it is. However, I still think that because of how the body works, the wounding probably will make hair thickers in a very short amount of time, maybe even weeks.

By the way, I decided not to create the semen thread because I don't know where to start. Making it a trial test, or just stating the properties and the theory?

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score
By the way, I decided not to create the semen thread because I don't know where to start. Making it a trial test, or just stating the properties and the theory?

The properties and the theory would be a great start. When everyone reads "semen" they just roll their eyes like if you were talking nonsense. Gave them all the info you got to back it up. Show them there's science behind it.

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
@princessRambo

Exactly. Getting impatient and doubtful at 3 or 4 weeks is silly considering it's a year long study. I do get noticeable results already though (just 3 weeks so far) but my hair is shaved so I can see well. It takes the form of the same wound induced new baby hair.

I have no worries regarding the brand new follicles that will be created through wounding, as they're young and haven't suffered from years of immune mess. 8 months later they should look like propre adult hair. But I wonder what happens to the old follicles after the 3 months wounding. They speak of sustainable growth but what about them after the 3 months treatment? I'm starting to see the hairs I was so obsessed to preserve as a new problem ironically. When wounding happens the body is less likely to create a new follicle if an old one is nearby. In fact maybe PrettyFly's all bald scalp is perhaps more likely to get a full healthy new head of hair than anyone with less advanced baldness?

princessRambo

Established Member
Reaction score
When wounding happens the body is less likely to create a new follicle if an old one is nearby. In fact maybe PrettyFly's all bald scalp is perhaps more likely to get a full healthy new head of hair than anyone with less advanced baldness?
I thought about this before, and you might very well be right, but existing follicles might just continue to grow stronger and stronger with the overexposure of growth factors, so in the end, you are likely reverting their fate.

- - - Updated - - -

I created it, I added some studies, more to come in the future, the science is there and the more I dig into it the more I find semen amazing.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
I thought about this before, and you might very well be right, but existing follicles might just continue to grow stronger and stronger with the overexposure of growth factors, so in the end, you are likely just reverting their fate.

- - - Updated - - -

I created it, I added some studies, more to come in the future, the science is there and the more I dig into it the more I find semen amazing.

Haha, I think that title "Semen for Hair Growth" is not going to be taken too seriously. I think it would have been better something like "The Properties and Theory behind semen and hair regeneration"

Status
Not open for further replies.