New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

super

Reaction score
Guys, this stuff works (sorry if my english is bad, i am not from USA). I don't have any proof, so you may believe me or not, but i decided to tell how my experience was. I don't know, it may help someone. I am doing something along the lines of that study with a doctor, he is a world known doctor and researcher, mostly focused on regenarative treatments and surgery. So idk why he decided to do these dermarollers sessions with me more than one year ago (idk if he knew about this research or if it was an educated guess he had). He said he was able to make hair grow in people that were burned and we started the treatment.

I was a norwood 4 or 5, idk, and my hair was falling fast. I had given up on minoxidil (used for years and no result) and was only using finasteride, without any hope left, i would say. So, we started the treatment. This doctor actually charges nothing from a lot of people to make skin treatments and such, i believe because he uses the data to make his own products and because he is just a nice man. He is a friend of my mother and decided to help (he actually normally doesn't work with hair). So we started with the dermaroller, i think one year and a half ago, applying it only in the temples (i had no more hair there) and in the crown (no more hair there also). I had almost no hope, but decided to do it. Was still taking finasteride. The fact is, i really don't believe someone can do the procedure like he did alone. He used an anesthetic and really hurt my skin, drawing blood from it, it was really really really painfull. I would say it would be impossible to someone do it like he did to oneself.

The results though started to show. My scalp skin was pale white, no circulation there, and started to become more pink. Some baby hair started to grow and, more importantly, my balding stopped. That was the initial goal, so i could make a hair transplant. But some hairs started to grow (i did this procedure 1 time per month). So, i continued. He also started to use a special peeling formula he has before doing the procedure. I think it is a regular peeling formula but way stronger. The hair kept growing. Really slowly but kept growing.

So, he got more excited with the success and started to ask what i was using along with the treatment. So we decided to add the minoxidil again. After using the minoxidil the results got a lot, lot better. My temples, that had no hair, now have, and with time, it got more volume there, and it is getting more and more volume with each procedure (let me say that i used minoxidil before for two years with NO results, continued to bald fast). His son started to treat me after a while, because the guy is very busy. Since the son had more time, he started to use the dermaroller in almost the entire scalp, areas with hair and areas without it. And now we are finally starting to take pictures from two to two months so we can compare the results. But more and more hair is growing in my temples and the hair line in my forehead improved a lot. Almost a miracle since i would probably be norwood 6 by now. I am also getting more volume in the areas where i still had hair.

His son also is doing even more damage with the dermaroller, i bleed a lot. But he immediately uses some products to stop the bleeding and clean the scalp, so i leave the clinic with only redness. I also apply a special rebuilding formula from this doctor in the day of the procedure and the day after to help the scalp recover. And only than start the minoxidil.

My crown now has a lot lot lot more blood flow (it was white, now it is pink). And his son said he looked at the pictures from when i began and noticed that the crown bald area shrank a lot (i noticed that too of course, the improvements are unbelievable, slow, but unbelievable). He said it shrank something like 1 finger and a half.

Now that i saw this study, i will ask them if they knew about it. And i will try to go 2x per month to do the procedure. They don't like to do it sooner than that because my scalp needs time to recover. I also started using minoxidil. now two times a day. Was using only one.

Also, in the last month and a half i started eating lots and lots of broccoli (since i saw results i got excited and started to research), but like a LOT (300g to 600g of broccoli per day) and my skin and hair got a lot better, i would say it made the results from the procedure a lot better.

Oh, i forgot to say. Before i started the procedures i was already supplementing with Resveratrol and Omega 3 Fish Oil.

Also, way before reading this study, when i started doing the procedure, i noticed that 2 to 3 days after it i would gain a lot of new tiny hairs. Some would fall, some would grow. I think i managed to stop my hair from falling due to the blood flow improvement in the scalp (i had none) + resveratrol, finasteride, omega 3 and now broccoli sprouts (it really did speed things, but since my blood flow is getting better and better it may also be it). But new hair only comes when i do the procedure. The regimen just prevents this new hair from falling or dying. That is why i will try to do the procedure 2 times per month instead of one.

The main thing is, it really makes new hair appear. And i believe the blood flow improvements make the hair stay there (maybe the nutrients finally get there in the right amount, or maybe minoxidil gets more effective, idk) and grow thicker.

But i would say it would be impossible to do it on my own. It really hurts, even with an anesthetic, i bleed a lot. It would be even dangerous to try it at home, i would probably get an infection. It works though, and in someone that would be almost completely bald by now (i am 26). It started slow, but now that my scalp has more blood flow and we are doing the procedure with more intensity, things are getting better faster and faster.

As i said, they have the pictures, so i can't show you guys, and i didn't take any myself. Believe me if you want. I think in some months i will ask them for the pictures so i could show it here. We just started to take pictures, in a few months we can see the results with more clarity.

thinningTooSoon

Reaction score
For the last couple of days I've been told I looked tired and had big brown bags under the eyes. Twice. Didn't think much about it until tonight when I suddenly thought "hey, minoxidil?…". ****. (No I didn't ejaculate more than usual…)

I really need this DR+M to work fast. Hope I'll be able to stop minoxing before 2014. I'm going to wound much more now. The more holes I'll dig in my scalp every week the more new follicles I should get in theory.

I've had a couple of comments too. I was wondering if something like this would help: http://www.slendertone.com/en-uk/slendertone-face-for-men.html

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys, this stuff works

Thanks for the experience. There are a couple of interesting things about your story. First that you started to see improvements despite the absence of minoxidil. Second the use of the peeling cream, which was also mentioned by benjt or princessrambo, I'm not sure. All this is good news.

thinningTooSoon

Reaction score
And his son said he looked at the pictures from when i began and noticed that the crown bald area shrank a lot (i noticed that too of course, the improvements are unbelievable, slow, but unbelievable).

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experiences, I hope it helps to keep everyone motivated.

You say you have no proof but you also say there is a photo from when you began. Can you put together some photos for us to compare the difference?

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Super - What size of needle was the Dr using on you? Thanks

seemus

Reaction score
Thanks for the experience. There are a couple of interesting things about your story. First that you started to see improvements despite the absence of minoxidil. Second the use of the peeling cream, which was also mentioned by benjt or princessrambo, I'm not sure. All this is good news.

also the fact that he is on finasteride :(, god whrn will cb come??

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@odalbak: Watch out with those brown bags underneath your eyes. I know at least one person that will get aggressive cause of me saying this (the one that usually denies that you can even get eye bags from minoxidil, lol), but the brown bags can go permanent. I guess you get higher minoxidil absorption due to the skin damage, as the tissue that fills in the wounds is not as dense/tight as the (probably fibrotic) tissue that had been there before. Not telling you to stop, but maybe reduce your dosage. These sides can become permanent. And if you only noticed the eye bags right now, they might also get worse.

On the matter of super experiencing regrowth even without minoxidil: Same thing happening to me here. Right now I'm in my fourth week after the first application of the dermaroller. The new hair is still only velus, nothing terminal, but maybe it will turn terminal at one point. But at least I'm seeing new vellus hair, which I also did when I was on minoxidil. This might indicate that the dermaroller treatment works in some way or another.

Regarding peeling creme: We could use Retin-A, but that stuff is so damn strong... we should probably ask a doctor about this. With all likelihood, it should not be used after derma rolling, but only before, so as not to get deeper into the skin.

Everyone, please also take note that super speaks of his skin going pink. This is what both squeegee and me have been experiencing, and we both see new hear surfacing. This pink state seems to be crucial, as it indicates tissue reformation (and thus maybe also follicle neogenesis).

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
On the matter of super experiencing regrowth even without minoxidil: Same thing happening to me here. Right now I'm in my fourth week after the first application of the dermaroller. The new hair is still only velus, nothing terminal, but maybe it will turn terminal at one point.

This pink state seems to be crucial, as it indicates tissue reformation (and thus maybe also follicle neogenesis).

Man that's great news. So this dermarolling IS having some effect by itself. The question now is why would these new follicles not be able to produce fully adult hair eventually?

Regarding Colonel Moutarde, forget about what he says. Any sign he sees as "pussification" will be mocked whether it is minoxidil allergy, needle pain, seminal support,… By the way I haven't seen much pink state. But my skin is not as translucid as yours guys.

I'll only minoxidil for 3 months anyway.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
I think that was an interesting story from super, it seems we get closer and closer each week in solving this puzzle, which is great! Although it is hard to take a guy seriously without pics, he did point out some good stuff. I thought we had already established that Dr. Cot proved dermarolling withouth minoxidil creates vellus hair, but never go terminal withouth minoxidil.

This pink estate does seem to be the important part, but I haven't noticed it because I am a diffuse thinner and the hairs block most of my view. Do you guys think that the pink estate is a sign of it being the time to add minoxidil?

The guy mentioned that we might not be able to do this on our own, I don't see why we couldn't, the only problem is the pain. The good thing is that supposedly the doctors also derma rolled non affected areas, so we might have to do that as well.
As far as the peeling cream, well someone will have to ask a dermatologist about that.

I am also getting worried about these so falls brown bags under the eyes, no one has mentioned anything to me but I wouldn't want to risk my eyes in any way, they are my best attribute.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow!! I just looked in the mirror and I have a bit of those brown bags. I didn't have them yesterday. I am convinced it was because I applied minoxidil like 40mins after that intense derma roll yesterday. I am no longer doing that, not worth it, now I will wait the 12 hours or so.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I think that was an interesting story from super, it seems we get closer and closer each week in solving this puzzle, which is great! Although it is hard to take a guy seriously without pics, he did point out some good stuff. I thought we had already established that Dr. Cot proved dermarolling withouth minoxidil creates vellus hair, but never go terminal withouth minoxidil.

This pink estate does seem to be the important part, but I haven't noticed it because I am a diffuse thinner and the hairs block most of my view. Do you guys think that the pink estate is a sign of it being the time to add minoxidil?

The guy mentioned that we might not be able to do this on our own, I don't see why we couldn't, the only problem is the pain. The good thing is that supposedly the doctors also derma rolled non affected areas, so we might have to do that as well.
As far as the peeling cream, well someone will have to ask a dermatologist about that.

I am also getting worried about these so falls brown bags under the eyes, no one has mentioned anything to me but I wouldn't want to risk my eyes in any way, they are my best attribute.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow!! I just looked in the mirror and I have a bit of those brown bags. I didn't have them yesterday. I am convinced it was because I applied minoxidil like 40mins after that intense derma roll yesterday. I am no longer doing that, not worth it, now I will wait the 12 hours or so.

The brown bags is caused by all the semen your put on your head and chronic masturbation.. minoxidil is a vasodilator.. bit normal that you have baggy eyes..

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, this stuff works (sorry if my english is bad, i am not from USA). I don't have any proof, so you may believe me or not, but i decided to tell how my experience was. I don't know, it may help someone. I am doing something along the lines of that study with a doctor, he is a world known doctor and researcher, mostly focused on regenarative treatments and surgery. So idk why he decided to do these dermarollers sessions with me more than one year ago (idk if he knew about this research or if it was an educated guess he had). He said he was able to make hair grow in people that were burned and we started the treatment.

I was a norwood 4 or 5, idk, and my hair was falling fast. I had given up on minoxidil (used for years and no result) and was only using finasteride, without any hope left, i would say. So, we started the treatment. This doctor actually charges nothing from a lot of people to make skin treatments and such, i believe because he uses the data to make his own products and because he is just a nice man. He is a friend of my mother and decided to help (he actually normally doesn't work with hair). So we started with the dermaroller, i think one year and a half ago, applying it only in the temples (i had no more hair there) and in the crown (no more hair there also). I had almost no hope, but decided to do it. Was still taking finasteride. The fact is, i really don't believe someone can do the procedure like he did alone. He used an anesthetic and really hurt my skin, drawing blood from it, it was really really really painfull. I would say it would be impossible to someone do it like he did to oneself.

The results though started to show. My scalp skin was pale white, no circulation there, and started to become more pink. Some baby hair started to grow and, more importantly, my balding stopped. That was the initial goal, so i could make a hair transplant. But some hairs started to grow (i did this procedure 1 time per month). So, i continued. He also started to use a special peeling formula he has before doing the procedure. I think it is a regular peeling formula but way stronger. The hair kept growing. Really slowly but kept growing.

So, he got more excited with the success and started to ask what i was using along with the treatment. So we decided to add the minoxidil again. After using the minoxidil the results got a lot, lot better. My temples, that had no hair, now have, and with time, it got more volume there, and it is getting more and more volume with each procedure (let me say that i used minoxidil before for two years with NO results, continued to bald fast). His son started to treat me after a while, because the guy is very busy. Since the son had more time, he started to use the dermaroller in almost the entire scalp, areas with hair and areas without it. And now we are finally starting to take pictures from two to two months so we can compare the results. But more and more hair is growing in my temples and the hair line in my forehead improved a lot. Almost a miracle since i would probably be norwood 6 by now. I am also getting more volume in the areas where i still had hair.

His son also is doing even more damage with the dermaroller, i bleed a lot. But he immediately uses some products to stop the bleeding and clean the scalp, so i leave the clinic with only redness. I also apply a special rebuilding formula from this doctor in the day of the procedure and the day after to help the scalp recover. And only than start the minoxidil.

My crown now has a lot lot lot more blood flow (it was white, now it is pink). And his son said he looked at the pictures from when i began and noticed that the crown bald area shrank a lot (i noticed that too of course, the improvements are unbelievable, slow, but unbelievable). He said it shrank something like 1 finger and a half.

Now that i saw this study, i will ask them if they knew about it. And i will try to go 2x per month to do the procedure. They don't like to do it sooner than that because my scalp needs time to recover. I also started using minoxidil. now two times a day. Was using only one.

Also, in the last month and a half i started eating lots and lots of broccoli (since i saw results i got excited and started to research), but like a LOT (300g to 600g of broccoli per day) and my skin and hair got a lot better, i would say it made the results from the procedure a lot better.

Oh, i forgot to say. Before i started the procedures i was already supplementing with Resveratrol and Omega 3 Fish Oil.

Also, way before reading this study, when i started doing the procedure, i noticed that 2 to 3 days after it i would gain a lot of new tiny hairs. Some would fall, some would grow. I think i managed to stop my hair from falling due to the blood flow improvement in the scalp (i had none) + resveratrol, finasteride, omega 3 and now broccoli sprouts (it really did speed things, but since my blood flow is getting better and better it may also be it). But new hair only comes when i do the procedure. The regimen just prevents this new hair from falling or dying. That is why i will try to do the procedure 2 times per month instead of one.

The main thing is, it really makes new hair appear. And i believe the blood flow improvements make the hair stay there (maybe the nutrients finally get there in the right amount, or maybe minoxidil gets more effective, idk) and grow thicker.

But i would say it would be impossible to do it on my own. It really hurts, even with an anesthetic, i bleed a lot. It would be even dangerous to try it at home, i would probably get an infection. It works though, and in someone that would be almost completely bald by now (i am 26). It started slow, but now that my scalp has more blood flow and we are doing the procedure with more intensity, things are getting better faster and faster.

As i said, they have the pictures, so i can't show you guys, and i didn't take any myself. Believe me if you want. I think in some months i will ask them for the pictures so i could show it here. We just started to take pictures, in a few months we can see the results with more clarity.

Good stuff Super! We are on the right path. I like the fact that you are doing it twice a month and works really good.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I think the increased blood flow to the scalp after slicing and dicing it is part of why there is a benefit...it's like your body kicks into overdrive to heal the invasion and the only way to do that is to pump out the blood

super

Reaction score
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experiences, I hope it helps to keep everyone motivated.

You say you have no proof but you also say there is a photo from when you began. Can you put together some photos for us to compare the difference?

Yes. But they are with them (i had a CD with them, pictures from the first time i went and pictures after the first procedure. I lost it, but i will try to find it). As i said, the place there is usually pretty crowded, since the Doctor does very expensive procedures for free. So we usually don't have so much time to take pictures and make comparisons. But his son said that next time (i think i will go there in two weeks) we could compare the pictures. Even then, last time we took the pictures in a hurry, my hair was wet, the other times it wasn't. So idk how it will look. But i will try to get the pictures for you guys. Since i started doing the procedures with his son we are having more time to discuss the results and take pictures, because his son doesn't work with as many patients as the father. Actually, his son is about my age and also very excited with the results. Sometimes he goes to the clinic just to make my procedure and leave.

Super - What size of needle was the Dr using on you? Thanks

I don't know. Since i didn't know about the studies and all that, i didn't ask. I just did what the guy told me to. And when it started to work i really saw no reason to question the method. But i will ask next time.

Man that's great news. So this dermarolling IS having some effect by itself. The question now is why would these new follicles not be able to produce fully adult hair eventually?

Regarding Colonel Moutarde, forget about what he says. Any sign he sees as "pussification" will be mocked whether it is minoxidil allergy, needle pain, seminal support,… By the way I haven't seen much pink state. But my skin is not as translucid as yours guys.

I'll only minoxidil for 3 months anyway.

I will need the pictures to be sure of that, but i believe the procedure does make the follicles able to produce fully adult hair. My hair is not cut super short, so for me to see big differences they need to grow a little bit more. But i didn't know about this minoxidil stuff, that they only grew to adult stage with it. Maybe that is why after it i saw a big increase in results.

I also know some of you guys may not believe because i still don't have the pictures, so i will try to get them. But it is all true what i said. Just making my hair stop falling was great. But now it is growing back. Not crazy fast, but faster as time goes by (i believe the blood flow has something to do with that).

Btw, in the last months we started to do the procedure to the crown, front and temples/forehead. Is not the entire scalp (since i still have a good amount of hair on the sides) but it is almost all of it. And after the blood flow improved, the procedure started to draw a lot more blood than in the beggining.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the increased blood flow to the scalp after slicing and dicing it is part of why there is a benefit...it's like your body kicks into overdrive to heal the invasion and the only way to do that is to pump out the blood

That is basically it. You rebuild your blood circulation there because of the wounding. I believe this was my doctors main idea. He thought that creating a better blood flow, my body would regenerate the area and that would stop hairloss. He also believed that it could make grow hair back. I don't believe he knew about this study, but i will ask. He said the procedure creates angiogenesis in that area (builds blood vessels). Funny thing is that the treatment for cancer is meant to stop angiogenesis on the body and that is why people go bold.

- - - Updated - - -

The brown bags is caused by all the semen your put on your head and chronic masturbation.. minoxidil is a vasodilator.. bit normal that you have baggy eyes..

- - - Updated - - -

Good stuff Super! We are on the right path. I like the fact that you are doing it twice a month and works really good.

I will try to go twice a month. For now, i have been going only once a month (and before i was going once per 1.5 month). And i still got good results. I will try to go twice a month in order to get great results, since now that my blood flow is better i have been seen way more results after each procedure.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, i never saw bad side-effects from finasteride. But i saw some. I started eating a lot of broccoli to prevent it and i feel way better now (changed my diet one month ago). Now i am taking Stinging Nettle supplements also to fight finasteride sides, better regulating the estrogen levels in my body.

super

Reaction score
I did not start eating Broccoli to regrow my hair, i did it to balance some of the finasteride possible side effects. But Broccoli is also good for your hair. It doesn't lower DHT (finasteride is the only proven way to do it), but I3C could help preventing DHT from acting (it could help a little bit in a combo with finasteride.), studies show that. But the main important thing is that it has a crazy amounts of minerals e vitamins that are good for skin and hair health. I want not only to fight male pattern baldness, but to have a thick and healthy hair if i manage to do it, and vitamins and minerals will do that. They will make you hair stronger and thicker.

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
do you sleep with minoxidil on your head? I used to get some symptoms of dark circles, but when I stopped sleeping with minoxidil on my scalp, it completely went away. I think the minoxidil rubbed into the pillow/bedsheet and somehow got into my face/eyelids, does not happen anymore.

I thought about this as well. Any chance that minoxidil could have a lesser positive effect on growth if removed for like 8 hours. What's the minimum time of application for full absorbtion in theory?

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Why dont you just take some photo's yourself and you must have some photo's from before (even if they are not from the top)? If you really got some results, we should be able to see them.

super

Reaction score
Why dont you just take some photo's yourself and you must have some photo's from before (even if they are not from the top)? If you really got some results, we should be able to see them.

I am quite reserved as internet goes. I don't want to post pics of me in the internet like that. So i will when i have pics only with the scalp showing. I will try to get it in two weeks. I am so reserved as internet goes that i almost did not post here, because i knew some wouldn't believe. But since i know how baldness can mess with someones head and motivation i decided to tell my story. I tried to find the CD i talked about but couldn't.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am quite reserved as internet goes. I don't want to post pics of me in the internet like that. So i will when i have pics only with the scalp showing. I will try to get it in two weeks. I am so reserved as internet goes that i almost did not post here, because i knew some wouldn't believe. But since i know how baldness can mess with someones head and motivation i decided to tell my story. I tried to find the CD i talked about but couldn't.

We believe you super! Why dont you take a photo now and then get an old photo and cut out your face??

It would be phenomenal if you could and really help us poor baldies to get on board with this technique!

Last edited:

Sparky4444

Reaction score
The hardest thing about doing this whole needling thing is waiting a week to do it again...it is the ultimate in patience-testing and I thinking that's why a lot of us are getting stressed out about seeing results!!

Status
Not open for further replies.