New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

super

Reaction score
We believe you super! Why dont you take a photo now and then get an old photo and cut out your face??

It would be phenomenal if you could and really help us poor baldies to get on board with this technique!

I was already doing that after i replied to you. I got two pictures from 2012 (notice that, at that time, i had already seen a good increase in hair, they are not from the beggining of the treatment) and some recent pictures. Also took one from the top and the right temple and i will try to explain what got better.

Here, two from the same angle (more volume and the hairline is lower, less forehead showing, and the "old" picture was taken already after a some good gains):

2012a.jpg2013c.jpg

Now one from near the end of last year (also after some good gains) and two from like last month:

2012.jpg2013a.jpg2013b.jpg

Here a picture of the right temple. To me, the hairgrowth there was the most impressive thing, i had NOTHING, literally nothing and now i have that, basically all you see is the new hair. My doctor sees more difference on the crown area, but that is because he sees it all the time, he probably didn't pay attention to the temples. And the son of my doctor, who said he saw more difference on the crown area, started treating me when the temples already had developed hair.

2013temple.jpg

Now a picture from the top. You guys can see a lot of random hair (but long random hair), they all developed with the treatment, i had absolutely no hair, not even baby hair in the completely bald areas. And almost all the thinner hair (the gray areas) you see is what i gained with the treatment. The hairline advanced a good amount and is starting to slowly build volume.

2013top.jpg

As aesthetics goes, the great advance in the temple and forehead hairline made me look a lot less bald, even as almost not balding, but the crown area (i started to loose it first) has to improve a lot still, even if it improved drastically. Still, i also gained a lot of volume overall (where i already had a good amount of hair), like a lot, so when i arrange my hair, the bald spot in the crown area looks a lot, lot, lot smaller. It won't take too long, i believe, to cover it all when i arrange it (some months of treatment if things keep going that way).

That is the best i can do. Maybe in two weeks i manage to get better pictures. I will try.

- - - Updated - - -

I made it till broccoli and omega 3, what a bunch of baloney.

Ok man. Stupid remark. I did not say neither Broccoli or Omega 3 were key pieces in the treatment, i just said i was taking it (and Omega 3 i wasn't taking because of my hair, i was taking because of my health) so people would know that other variables could be making a difference - baldness is still a mistery, so we don't know exactly how our life and regimen can affect it. I talked about my regimen to give more precise informations. But the changes in my hair only came with the procedures. And maybe you are blind, but i explained later that i also eat broccoli for 1) health and 2) counter side effects from finasteride.

So, learn to read before making stupid remarks. WTF.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I made it till broccoli and omega 3, what a bunch of baloney.

Cruciferous vegetables acts as a anti-aromatase just like DIM does.. http://www.vitacost.com/natures-way-dim-plus-120-capsules

- - - Updated - - -

I was already doing that after i replied to you. I got two pictures from 2012 (notice that, at that time, i had already seen a good increase in hair, they are not from the beggining of the treatment) and some recent pictures. Also took one from the top and the right temple and i will try to explain what got better.

Here, two from the same angle (more volume and the hairline is lower, less forehead showing, and the "old" picture was taken already after a some good gains):

View attachment 21500View attachment 21501

Now one from near the end of last year (also after some good gains) and two from like last month:

View attachment 21502View attachment 21503View attachment 21504

Here a picture of the right temple. To me, the hairgrowth there was the most impressive thing, i had NOTHING, literally nothing and now i have that, basically all you see is the new hair. My doctor sees more difference on the crown area, but that is because he sees it all the time, he probably didn't pay attention to the temples. And the son of my doctor, who said he saw more difference on the crown area, started treating me when the temples already had developed hair.

View attachment 21505

Now a picture from the top. You guys can see a lot of random hair (but long random hair), they all developed with the treatment, i had absolutely no hair, not even baby hair in the completely bald areas. And almost all the thinner hair (the gray areas) you see is what i gained with the treatment. The hairline advanced a good amount and is starting to slowly build volume.

View attachment 21506

As aesthetics goes, the great advance in the temple and forehead hairline made me look a lot less bald, even as almost not balding, but the crown area (i started to loose it first) has to improve a lot still, even if it improved drastically. Still, i also gained a lot of volume overall (where i already had a good amount of hair), like a lot, so when i arrange my hair, the bald spot in the crown area looks a lot, lot, lot smaller. It won't take too long, i believe, to cover it all when i arrange it (some months of treatment if things keep going that way).

That is the best i can do. Maybe in two weeks i manage to get better pictures. I will try.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok man. Stupid remark. I did not say neither Broccoli or Omega 3 were key pieces in the treatment, i just said i was taking it (and Omega 3 i wasn't taking because of my hair, i was taking because of my health) so people would know that other variables could be making a difference - baldness is still a mistery, so we don't know exactly how our life and regimen can affect it. I talked about my regimen to give more precise informations. But the changes in my hair only came with the procedures. And maybe you are blind, but i explained later that i also eat broccoli for 1) health and 2) counter side effects from finasteride.

Good stuff bros! Keep us updated and forget the haters!

resu

Reaction score

Broccoli does nothing practical, Omega 3 supplements can actually be harmful. This sounds like typical IM type posting. Waiting until you mention iodine.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Broccoli does nothing practical, Omega 3 supplements can actually be harmful. This sounds like typical IM type posting.

Did you read my post Dip****? Cruciferous vegetables acts as a anti-aromatase just like DIM does.. http://www.vitacost.com/natures-way-...s-120-capsules Omega 3 dangerous ! LOL.. believe everything on the Internet. Aromatase inhibitors work by inhibiting the action of the enzyme aromatase, which converts androgens into estrogens by a process called aromatization. He's taking Finasteride..The guy comes here, takes time to share his story with pictures and Resu the hater just hate on him because he said that he eats Brocoli and Omega 3. WTF IS WRONG with you? Go get a ****ing life POS.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...ter-Immunity-And-Gene-Express?highlight=omega

- - - Updated - - -

The hardest thing about doing this whole needling thing is waiting a week to do it again...it is the ultimate in patience-testing and I thinking that's why a lot of us are getting stressed out about seeing results!!

Totally Sparx4444! :punk:

resu

Reaction score
Did you read my post Dip****? Cruciferous vegetables acts as a anti-aromatase just like DIM does.. http://www.vitacost.com/natures-way-...s-120-capsules Omega 3 dangerous ! LOL.. believe everything on the Internet. Aromatase inhibitors work by inhibiting the action of the enzyme aromatase, which converts androgens into estrogens by a process called aromatization.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...ter-Immunity-And-Gene-Express?highlight=omega

I'm familiar with the concept of anti-aromatase, eating broccoli won't help your hair in any way, nor your health per-se although it's a good source of vitamin c. No I don't believe anything on the net, nor do I post every single study like it would make any difference.

Believe what you want but someone has to draw the line when it comes to delusional posters.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Super - Don't forget to find out what size he is using on your scalp, thanks.

So when he rolls on you does he do it until you bleed? How long does the whole process take? And how much pressure is he applying?

super

Reaction score
I'm familiar with the concept of anti-aromatase, eating broccoli won't help your hair in any way, nor your health per-se although it's a good source of vitamin c. No I don't believe anything on the net, nor do I post every single study like it would make any difference.

Believe what you want but someone has to draw the line when it comes to delusional posters.

WTF, hahaha. Guy doesn't know how to read. I am eating Broccoli to fight finasterid side effects. Not to regrow hair. Jesus. What an idiot. I am not delusional, dude. I had major advances on my hair. I was supposed to be NW6 or 7 by now, and i am far from that. And the hair began to grow again (i just wanted to stop it from falling to do a hair transplant, but things got way better).

You are so caught up in your depression that you can't even see what is in front of you. I don't think Broccoli will magically make my hair grow. I just said what my regimen was to make sure people had all the information about what i was doing.

What made a big difference were the procedures. Without that i would probably be bald by now.

And i am saying that for the 3rd or 4th time. I won't say it anymore because your depression just won't make you see. You should look for help.

- - - Updated - - -

Super - Don't forget to find out what size he is using on your scalp, thanks.

So when he rolls on you does he do it until you bleed? How long does the whole process take? And how much pressure is he applying?

I will. And it is till i bleed, and i am bleeding a lot lately. I don't think the size must be big, probably between 0.5 to 1.5 because he does put a good amount of pressure to make the scalp bleed. It takes some minutes. My head hurts for 3 to 4 days after the procedure and the redness is strong in the day of the procedure and the day after. That is why i think i wouldn't be nearly as capable of doing the procedure as he does to myself. It really hurts and the guy is really precise.

So, Broccoli won't make any difference for your health? WTF. I can't argue with you then. Broccoli has proven to show a lot of health benefits, scientific health benefits. And it has a lot more vitamins than vitamin C. You are just plain stupid or a troll. So i won't argue anymore.

And again, how can i be delusional if i have pictures showing that my hair is growing? If i had no hair on my temples and now i do. Even the doctor was surprised, since we originally just wanted to stop the hair from falling. Again, stupid remarks from a probably depressed person.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
And how long does he roughly spend when rolling your head Super? Thanks.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

Better than being negative and hates on success. He has pictures to back it up.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Fine squeegee, but honestly what do you hope to achieve with all of your laborious studies? I've seen how deep you get into this stuff from the amount of detail in your posts. Are you trying to solve the puzzle of hair loss or do you just want to show off your big brain?

super

Reaction score
And how long does he roughly spend when rolling your head Super? Thanks.

I don't know. I never counted and usually it is too painfull to say. But he does it like that. Fist he does the temples and forehead hairline in one side, he rolls a good amount of times, till it really bleeds. Last time i was in front of a mirror and i really did bleed a lot (but he knows how much he can hurt me without really "hurting" the skin - that is the advantage). If i am able to get the pictures next time i go there, there is a video from the first procedure, where i didn't bleed as much, but it can give people an idea, still idk if i will be able to get it. He then stops, cleans it. Then he goes to the crown area and does the same. Then he does the front (where i still have hair, but since we saw the hair kept thinning there, and we weren't doing the procedure there, we started to do there too, and it started to get more volume). And then the other side and temple. Always stopping and cleaning. So, with all that, stopping, cleaning and doing it, i would say he takes something around 8 to 10 minutes. It is really quick. The dermaroller procedure. The entire procedure lasts 40minutes to 1h, because he applies a peeling formula first, then i wash the hair. After that he puts an anesthetic, we wait 20 to 30 minutes for it to act and then he starts.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Well I got my 2.5mm roller today and even though I had my derma roll this week with the 1.5mm, I decided to give the 2.5mm a trial run. The conclusion is this, BS it hurts way more than the 1.5mm, no surprise there as the needles are longer. I guess you can do it so that you only go about half way but still. There is no doubt in my mind that I am going to need to numb this with something. The thing I hate is that the Japanese mint oil is not sold on Amazon nor Ebay, they make it in Canada which I would have to pay a lot for shipping, not to mention the time delay. Has anyone else tried something different? I looked at some of the reviews from the numbing creams on amazon but they're all mixed reviews, I would not be surprised if the reviews are by the vendor.
I was looking at this one today, any thoughts?
http://www.amazon.com/Penetrex-Tend...F8&qid=1379629337&sr=8-7&keywords=numbing+oil

Well I ended up ordering this one, appears to be new and promising. Will let you guys know if this one is any good for a 2.5mm, since it's only 1oz, I will have to make the most of it.
Most likely I will just buzz it really low and do a major session with the 2.5mm and wait about 2 weeks before the next session.
http://www.amazon.com/Lido-Cream-To...&qid=1379629440&sr=8-5&keywords=numbing+cream

I am also very skeptical of super, the guy just came here out of nowhere to post amazing results with no proof. This is essentially the making of a troll
:worthless:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Well I got my 2.5mm roller today and even though I had my derma roll this week with the 1.5mm, I decided to give the 2.5mm a trial run. The conclusion is this, BS it hurts way more than the 1.5mm, no surprise there as the needles are longer. I guess you can do it so that you only go about half way but still. There is no doubt in my mind that I am going to need to numb this with something. The thing I hate is that the Japanese mint oil is not sold on Amazon nor Ebay, they make it in Canada which I would have to pay a lot for shipping, not to mention the time delay. Has anyone else tried something different? I looked at some of the reviews from the numbing creams on amazon but they're all mixed reviews, I would not be surprised if the reviews are by the vendor.
http://www.amazon.com/Penetrex-Tend...F8&qid=1379629337&sr=8-7&keywords=numbing+oil

Well I ended up ordering this one, appears to be new and promising. Will let you guys know if this one is any good for a 2.5mm, since it's only 1oz, I will have to make the most of it.
Most likely I will just buzz it really low and do a major session with the 2.5mm and wait about 2 weeks before the next session.
http://www.amazon.com/Lido-Cream-To...&qid=1379629440&sr=8-5&keywords=numbing+cream

I am also very skeptical of super, the guy just came here out of nowhere to post amazing results with no proof. This is essentially the making of a troll

hahahaahah Desperate.. You are just another negative creep. 2.5mm is fine and Super did post pictures. Stop being an idiot. ****ing crybaby.. go back to your chronic masturbation and sperm hairstyle at least you were good at it.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Fine squeegee, but honestly what do you hope to achieve with all of your laborious studies? I've seen how deep you get into this stuff from the amount of detail in your posts. Are you trying to solve the puzzle of hair loss or do you just want to show off your big brain?

Big brain? I think you must be confusing him with somebody else...He's 35 but acts like a 15 year old. I knew the 2.5mm would be more painful.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

I wanna show that resilience, hard work and patience can pay off. Bitching and being negative won't get you nowhere, just more miserable.

- - - Updated - - -

Big brain? I think you must be confusing him with somebody else...He's 35 but acts like a 15 year old. I knew the 2.5mm would be more painful.

Why all the ****ing losers kicked out from other forums always ended up here? Did you find you 1.mm derma roller up your *** yet? Probably too ****ing deep?

super

Reaction score

I only came here because i was excited with the results. And wanted to give people some hope. I only lurked the forums, but when i saw this thead, i had to share my experience. Still, i am saying all the time that i don't know if you can create the same conditions my procedures have doing it alone. It could be dangerous and i, personally, would have a difficult time doing it. IDK about other people. I think my doctors use something between 0.5 and 1.5mm (will confirm next time i go there) so idk if more than that could be dangerous or not.

And, well, i can't convince anybody that i am not trolling. I posted the pictures i had and was very specific about stuff. Can hardly see a troll doing all that. Maybe you didn't see the pics post. They aren't great. Still, i don't have "amazing" results. My hair just stopped falling (i would probably be Norwood 6 or 7 by now and am not) and it is very slowly regrowing (i am doing this for 1,5 year, so this thing really needs patience and a little bit of faith, i decided to share my experience to make easier for people to believe in it). But i only did the procedure 1x per month, and 1x per 1.5 month in the beggining. Now, since i am seeing better and better results, i will try to go there twice a week.

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
The conclusion is this, BS it hurts way more than the 1.5mm
Shave your head super short and get 1.0mm roller and push super hard on it. It's pretty likely the Indians didn't insert the 1.5mm entirely. So 1.0mm at full depth is the good way to succeed and suffer less I reckon. Just my view. Had my third DRoling today (I don't use any cream). I found a way to diminish the pain or more precisely the psychological experience of needles. I put earbuds and played music and radio pretty loud. For reasons that possibly have to do with the complexity of awareness I suffered less. My attention was always caught by the conversation on the radio.

When we're possibly on the verge of the solution I can't believe so many guys are moaning and being torn by doubts. Dermaroll or witness in silence but stop polluting this thread with negativity, please.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Why all the ****ing losers kicked out from other forums always ended up here? Did you find you 1.mm derma roller up your *** yet? Probably too ****ing deep?

Actually this was the first forum I joined ;) are you really 35? Man I feel sorry for you arguing with people on the internet ten years younger than you lol. How's the 2.5mm going? You never answered my questions btw about how deep you penetrate it, are you aiming to go 1.5mm deep with the 2.5?

super

Reaction score
I lurked the forums because i was always researching things on google and getting here (started to do more research because i am excited about the results). Some days ago, i found this thread through google, joined the forum and started lurking. I was concerned with 2 things. One, that people wouldn't believe the study and have enough patience. And two, that people could go overboard and hurt themselves, or don't do enough damage (i believe people thought that only "redness" was enough, and it isn't, you need to draw some blood). So, i decided to share my experience. That is just it. When i go there again or when i have more pictures, i will post here. I posted what i had, if you someone didn't see, just go back a few pages.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Squegee's logic - ​The bigger the needle, the less painful it will be. Seems legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.