New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason5

Reaction score
Before Rambo was trolled out, he mentioned 3 key items:

1) Calcipotriol
2)
Semen (Growth factor)
3)
Capsaicin

Any merit to these treatments and in regards to wounding?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Before Rambo was trolled out, he mentioned 3 key items:

1) Calcipotriol
2)
Semen (Growth factor)
3)
Capsaicin

Any merit to these treatments and in regards to wounding?

PrincessRambo will answer that himself but using Calcipotriol is very smart.. a vitamin D3 analog, acts to inhibit cell proliferation and enhance cell differentiation..

Capsaicin is also really good..boost IGF-1.. stimulation of keratinocyte proliferation in hair follicles.

Sperm.. you know by answer already!! My ex-GF didn't grow facial hair!!!!! I don't think Semen is a difference maker in Androgen Alopecia. just an all around hair enhancer. Still debating about his skin absorption.. but seriously? haha

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
I think we can move on from the PrincessRambo lovefest. He's clearly attention-seeking with his big "I'M LEAVING" charade. If he doesn't want to contribute any more then fine. His posts were interesting at times, but we move on and keep on rollin'. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm on week 9 of rolling with the 1.5mm needles & minoxidil. I believe I'm seeing more thick, darker hairs coming through. There seems to be a lot of new vellus growth too, but still too early to tell exactly how effective this method can be. I'm going to keep at it, following the study to a T. Hope you guys start seeing good results.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.prospecbio.com/FGF9_Human_2/?gclid=CM3u6paR1LkCFahcMgodXEUA1A

50 bucks for 5 micrograms. Apparently one doesn't need a whole lot of it to produce hair after wounding. 5mcg should suffice for a small test area. If it works in a small spot, then we know we need to buy more and apply wherever necessary.

Seeing how the skin is wounded and dermarolled, it should penetrate skin to some degree. Perhaps also exfoliating as well as shampooing (getting rid of sebum) would work.

5mcg.. ****.. that stuff is effin expensive!

- - - Updated - - -

I think we can move on from the PrincessRambo lovefest. He's clearly attention-seeking with his big "I'M LEAVING" charade. If he doesn't want to contribute any more then fine. His posts were interesting at times, but we move on and keep on rollin'. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm on week 9 of rolling with the 1.5mm needles & minoxidil. I believe I'm seeing more thick, darker hairs coming through. There seems to be a lot of new vellus growth too, but still too early to tell exactly how effective this method can be. I'm going to keep at it, following the study to a T. Hope you guys start seeing good results.

hahahaahahahaha chronicle masturbators followers! Princess with his drama goodbye! I bet hes creeping the s hit out this forum! Rambo get back here! I want to see the baseline pictures of yours from NW100 to NW2 that you balling about so I can start jerking off like an horny Chimpanzee! Make me a mastubeliever!

TNTS

Reaction score
about topical capsaicin, what's your opinion guys about this one?

http://www.amazon.com/Greensations-ThermaScalp-Natural-Scalp-Therapy/dp/B0031S3LB8

capsaicin inhibit gsk3, so the wound will stay open more time, Caffeine increased the outputs of prostaglandin F2 alpha (PGF2 alpha), PGE2 and 6-keto-PGF1 alpha, ascorbic acid has egfr inhibition properties, alpha lipoic acid is a strong antioxidant, saw palmeto as weak dht blocker for EDIHN --->wnt singaling activation.

It looks very good for after roller session, but i think with open wounds from dr roller, we will start samba dancing from the tingling:eek:nfire:

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been lurking this thread since it began. I am not new in the hair loss world, just in this forum (some will recognize me from other forums like HS or StopAga).

First of all, I'm a 22 years old guy living with NW3, suffering hairloss since 16. Been on Minoxidil+Finasteride since 17-18. At most, it slowed down the disease but definitely didn't stop it either didn't regrowth anything.

So, I've been applying the same technique as in the study (dermarolling once per week, applying minoxidil every week except during the 24h window after the dermarolling + taking daily Finasteride) for almost six weeks already. Today I received an USB microscope I bought for this purpose.

I read the study and felt confident about it, so I went ahead. So far, I can only notice better density on my sides (not a big deal, but first noticeable thing) and few hairs sprouting in my hairline. That's why I bought the microscope - I can have an early view of what is going on.

I decided to use it on my right temple (slick bald for ~2.5 years) to take a look. I found several tiny hairs: http://imgur.com/a/vGfBo#0 - unfortunately, cannot say if those weren't before as I didn't own a microscope. However, I noticed some different hairs and made a different album: http://imgur.com/a/dfWmw#7 - do you see how different the stem looks different (like a hair transplant)? You can see the other album to compare that most of the hairs there don't have that kind of stem, but these last ones do. Unfortunately they're far too small to make any aesthetical difference (yet).

This arises a question for you (since I don't know for sure): are the hairs from the last album created from scratch? Can someone answer this question?

I hope I get accepted on this thread and I'll keep you updated.

PS: Apologies for my English as it's not my first language.

mlb

Reaction score
http://www.prospecbio.com/FGF9_Human_2/?gclid=CM3u6paR1LkCFahcMgodXEUA1A

50 bucks for 5 micrograms. Apparently one doesn't need a whole lot of it to produce hair after wounding. 5mcg should suffice for a small test area. If it works in a small spot, then we know we need to buy more and apply wherever necessary.

Seeing how the skin is wounded and dermarolled, it should penetrate skin to some degree. Perhaps also exfoliating as well as shampooing (getting rid of sebum) would work.

Seems like castor oil is worth a shot...it apparently binds to the EP3 receptor, which is the same receptor that PGE2 works on to increase FGF9. There are quite a few anecdotal reports from women about it helping grow hair faster and/or thicker.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Seems like castor oil is worth a shot...it apparently binds to the EP3 receptor, which is the same receptor that PGE2 works on to increase FGF9. There are quite a few anecdotal reports from women about it helping grow hair faster and/or thicker.

Castor oil is like putting syrup in the head, it's that thick.

Squeegee, you are probably a good candidate for fgf9, why don't you give it a try.

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So it truly was the Cetirizine of this year. Until the next bogus homemade cure then.

Why do you say that? It sounds like most people who are doing it are getting positive results.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Why do you say that? It sounds like most people who are doing it are getting positive results.

Don't bother wasting saliva on Fred, he is the most hated member in the history of hairloss forums. Worse, he actually still thinks that cosmetic results will arise in two months, when everything else takes at least six, if I was the admin I would ban him.

- - - Updated - - -

Attention Dermaroller Thread enthusiasts:

A past post was just approved. Previously held for moderation. Please review it here, one page back:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...hts-comments?p=1139311&viewfull=1#post1139311

Admin

Well his pictures don't show if it's the same spot but we have no reason not to take his words. Let's just hope that he also takes farther photos.

princessRambo

Established Member
Reaction score
CHROMEO said:
I think we can move on from the PrincessRambo lovefest. He's clearly attention-seeking with his big "I'M LEAVING" charade.
I am on vacation with wifey and kid for a few days and I have limited access to the internet, so please stop the backstabbing and pitiful attacks.
That was uncalled for, I couldn’t care less about posting anything if I thought it didn’t help people, I created an account here back in February when I finally decided to tackle my hair loss, I created a thread on calcipotriol use for curing a korean kid with alopecia areata and posted in that thread for a few weeks, I didn’t post anything for months and barely even glanced at forums, I would just randomly check here and there to see if something new was happening as far as hair loss research goes, until the dermaroller study was posted and hellouser posted the amazing second post in the thread linking to Cotsarelis and wounding, which to be honest I wasn’t very familiar with. That post got me curious and for the first time in a while, regarding all my previous research about hair loss, I knew there was potentially something big in the working.

I have created the semen thread after doing tons of research about its content and potential relevance to hair loss, I just shared my findings, I never asked anybody to even think about using it. It was all pure sharing of scientific data.

In any case, after the dermaroller thread stalled and it became almost childish and useless to post anything without personally being attacked by random strangers, I finally made up my mind to delete all my forums posts and ask the admins to delete my account, quit the forums all together after pouring so much content and dedicated so much time to it.

You will notice, I almost haven’t posted anything anywhere else
ever in the forums except the experimental sections, my post count was also low comparatively and all concentrated in a specific area of the forum. I don’t have time wasting about “Am I balding?â€, or “My ballz are shrinking because I took 1 picogram of finasteride†or what not kind of thread, I simply don’t care about opinions and random chit chats in forums. I received PMs from many nice gents who asked me to stay and that all our contributions was worthy and valuable. So I decide to stick around and share anything valuable I find. There are a lot of very nice and knowledgeable peeps here who always reply and behave like extremely mature gentlemen in forums (odabalk, hellouser, Jacob, benjt etc.) and that makes it all the more worthy.

Conpecia

Reaction score
princess (or someone else who knows where it is) when you get a chance will you please link to that graph suggesting we should wound later? i can't find it. thanks buddy, glad you are sticking around.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Given how this thread has exploded, there should probably be a new thread with ONLY THE RESULTS -- OR LACK OF THEM..

I am three stabbings in and nothing so far, but it is still early....patience is the toughest thing here for most of us...we're so used to do something everyday, and this isn't doing something everyday

TNTS

Reaction score
I am on vacation with wifey and kid for a few days and I have limited access to the internet, so please stop the backstabbing and pitiful attacks.
That was uncalled for, I couldn’t care less about posting anything if I thought it didn’t help people, I created an account here back in February when I finally decided to tackle my hair loss, I created a thread on calcipotriol use for curing a korean kid with alopecia areata and posted in that thread for a few weeks, I didn’t post anything for months and barely even glanced at forums, I would just randomly check here and there to see if something new was happening as far as hair loss research goes, until the dermaroller study was posted and hellouser posted the amazing second post in the thread linking to Cotsarelis and wounding, which to be honest I wasn’t very familiar with. That post got me curious and for the first time in a while, regarding all my previous research about hair loss, I knew there was potentially something big in the working.

I have created the semen thread after doing tons of research about its content and potential relevance to hair loss, I just shared my findings, I never asked anybody to even think about using it. It was all pure sharing of scientific data.

In any case, after the dermaroller thread stalled and it became almost childish and useless to post anything without personally being attacked by random strangers, I finally made up my mind to delete all my forums posts and ask the admins to delete my account, quit the forums all together after pouring so much content and dedicated so much time to it.

You will notice, I almost haven’t posted anything anywhere else
ever in the forums except the experimental sections, my post count was also low comparatively and all concentrated in a specific area of the forum. I don’t have time wasting about “Am I balding?”, or “My ballz are shrinking because I took 1 picogram of finasteride” or what not kind of thread, I simply don’t care about opinions and random chit chats in forums. I received PMs from many nice gents who asked me to stay and that all our contributions was worthy and valuable. So I decide to stick around and share anything valuable I find. There are a lot of very nice and knowledgeable peeps here who always reply and behave like extremely mature gentlemen in forums (odabalk, hellouser, Jacob, benjt etc.) and that makes it all the more worthy.

welcome back princessrambo, i need your opinion for this one after wounding.

http://www.amazon.com/Greensations-ThermaScalp-Natural-Scalp-Therapy/dp/B0031S3LB8

you had mentioned something about caffeine and capsaicin as i can remember, so i need your input.
Thank you, and don't go anywhere bro...:salut:

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
princess (or someone else who knows where it is) when you get a chance will you please link to that graph suggesting we should wound later? i can't find it. thanks buddy, glad you are sticking around.

It's 7-14 days after a wound heals when amazing things happen in your body, LOTS of things occur during this time with healing, expression of WNT proteins, PGE2, etc is expressed. I have a gut feeling, adding FGF-9 to the mix is going to be the holy grail. But, again, and let me repeat my self for the 100th time:

Nobody has yet tried to use FGF-9. If anyone is willing, I'll buy the 5mcg for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.