New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

super

Reaction score
I posted some of my results (altough not great pictures) way back. I went to the doctor to do the procedure again yesterday. It was crowded, i couldn't get the pictures yet (but he said he will burn a copy of all my pictures into a CD and i will go there again next tuesday, i will go twice a week there now, because we are excited about the results). I have some good information too. I am very busy today, i will post a better and longer post tomorrow

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As some users demanded status reports or progress pics, I will do a status update from my side. As a reminder, the only things in my regimen right now are rolling (almost 6 weeks since first rolling session) and scalp massages (about a week). No minoxidil or other topicals.

Vellus hair keeps sprouting, but nothing turns terminal yet. So on this end, I have no progress to report. Bear in mind though that it's only 6 weeks after initial treatment, and I had to cut out one session cause I was too rough on ym scalp once, so only 5 sessions up until now. If I recall correctly, the Indian study's milestone report was after 12 weeks. There exists no data for any time before that as far as I know. So yeah, no cosmetically relevant results whatsoever as of yet (as in: new terminal hair), but I would not jump to conclusions there. Nothing positive to report, nothing negative either. It's just too early. On the other hand, seeing vellus hair just from punching holes and massaging is pretty interesting. That means that the treatment at least does something, and not nothing. So there's potential there. If it had no effect, there wouldnt be any new vellus hair - if anything turns terminal remains to be seen.

One interesting thing I have to report though: Ever since starting rolling + massaging, my scalp became much more flexible. Before starting these "alternative" physical treatments, it was very hard to move my scalp skin around. When I was massaging for the first time, it would barely budge. Now, it's much more flexible. This can mean that I broke up some fibrosis, but does not have too. Either way, it's an interesting observation to make and maybe someone can interpret a bit into it.

On a related note: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yad_clT4T2Y

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I posted some of my results (altough not great pictures) way back. I went to the doctor to do the procedure again yesterday. It was crowded, i couldn't get the pictures yet (but he said he will burn a copy of all my pictures into a CD and i will go there again next tuesday, i will go twice a week there now, because we are excited about the results). I have some good information too. I am very busy today, i will post a better and longer post tomorrow

Looking forward to it super!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I am on vacation with wifey and kid for a few days and I have limited access to the internet, so please stop the backstabbing and pitiful attacks.
That was uncalled for, I couldn’t care less about posting anything if I thought it didn’t help people, I created an account here back in February when I finally decided to tackle my hair loss, I created a thread on calcipotriol use for curing a korean kid with alopecia areata and posted in that thread for a few weeks, I didn’t post anything for months and barely even glanced at forums, I would just randomly check here and there to see if something new was happening as far as hair loss research goes, until the dermaroller study was posted and hellouser posted the amazing second post in the thread linking to Cotsarelis and wounding, which to be honest I wasn’t very familiar with. That post got me curious and for the first time in a while, regarding all my previous research about hair loss, I knew there was potentially something big in the working.

I have created the semen thread after doing tons of research about its content and potential relevance to hair loss, I just shared my findings, I never asked anybody to even think about using it. It was all pure sharing of scientific data.

In any case, after the dermaroller thread stalled and it became almost childish and useless to post anything without personally being attacked by random strangers, I finally made up my mind to delete all my forums posts and ask the admins to delete my account, quit the forums all together after pouring so much content and dedicated so much time to it.

You will notice, I almost haven’t posted anything anywhere else
ever in the forums except the experimental sections, my post count was also low comparatively and all concentrated in a specific area of the forum. I don’t have time wasting about “Am I balding?”, or “My ballz are shrinking because I took 1 picogram of finasteride” or what not kind of thread, I simply don’t care about opinions and random chit chats in forums. I received PMs from many nice gents who asked me to stay and that all our contributions was worthy and valuable. So I decide to stick around and share anything valuable I find. There are a lot of very nice and knowledgeable peeps here who always reply and behave like extremely mature gentlemen in forums (squeegee,odabalk, hellouser, Jacob, benjt etc.) and that makes it all the more worthy.

Welcome back PR!:doctor:

- - - Updated - - -

about topical capsaicin, what's your opinion guys about this one?

http://www.amazon.com/Greensations-ThermaScalp-Natural-Scalp-Therapy/dp/B0031S3LB8

capsaicin inhibit gsk3, so the wound will stay open more time, Caffeine increased the outputs of prostaglandin F2 alpha (PGF2 alpha), PGE2 and 6-keto-PGF1 alpha, ascorbic acid has egfr inhibition properties, alpha lipoic acid is a strong antioxidant, saw palmeto as weak dht blocker for EDIHN --->wnt singaling activation.

It looks very good for after roller session, but i think with open wounds from dr roller, we will start samba dancing from the tingling:eek:nfire:

Totally! and don't get some in the eyes.. Man, one time I cut friggin hot peppers with ex gf, then had sex right after.. everything was on fire. true story.

- - - Updated - - -

Castor oil is like putting syrup in the head, it's that thick.

Squeegee, you are probably a good candidate for fgf9, why don't you give it a try.

50$ for 5 ****ing Micrograms.. that stuff ain't cheap

- - - Updated - - -

mastubeliever!:whaasup:

:doh::uglylol:

- - - Updated - - -

I am trying to find some good quality retinoic acid locally so I can add it to the next rolling.. I really think after looking at my balding pitures zoomed with the dino-lite that dermal fibrosis is a bigger deal than expected. This why micro wounding works in the first place.. and work fast..

- - - Updated - - -

Given how this thread has exploded, there should probably be a new thread with ONLY THE RESULTS -- OR LACK OF THEM..

I am three stabbings in and nothing so far, but it is still early....patience is the toughest thing here for most of us...we're so used to do something everyday, and this isn't doing something everyday

temple are the worst for quick results.. even the BBQ had them growing last.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
I am on vacation with wifey and kid for a few days and I have limited access to the internet, so please stop the backstabbing and pitiful attacks.
That was uncalled for, I couldn’t care less about posting anything if I thought it didn’t help people, I created an account here back in February when I finally decided to tackle my hair loss, I created a thread on calcipotriol use for curing a korean kid with alopecia areata and posted in that thread for a few weeks, I didn’t post anything for months and barely even glanced at forums, I would just randomly check here and there to see if something new was happening as far as hair loss research goes, until the dermaroller study was posted and hellouser posted the amazing second post in the thread linking to Cotsarelis and wounding, which to be honest I wasn’t very familiar with. That post got me curious and for the first time in a while, regarding all my previous research about hair loss, I knew there was potentially something big in the working.

I have created the semen thread after doing tons of research about its content and potential relevance to hair loss, I just shared my findings, I never asked anybody to even think about using it. It was all pure sharing of scientific data.

In any case, after the dermaroller thread stalled and it became almost childish and useless to post anything without personally being attacked by random strangers, I finally made up my mind to delete all my forums posts and ask the admins to delete my account, quit the forums all together after pouring so much content and dedicated so much time to it.

ever in the forums except the experimental sections, my post count was also low comparatively and all concentrated in a specific area of the forum. I don’t have time wasting about “Am I balding?â€, or “My ballz are shrinking because I took 1 picogram of finasteride†or what not kind of thread, I simply don’t care about opinions and random chit chats in forums. I received PMs from many nice gents who asked me to stay and that all our contributions was worthy and valuable. So I decide to stick around and share anything valuable I find. There are a lot of very nice and knowledgeable peeps here who always reply and behave like extremely mature gentlemen in forums (odabalk, hellouser, Jacob, benjt etc.) and that makes it all the more worthy.

Yes, welcome back :D . Realistically speaking, you're like one of the few people on this forum who can understand what in the world those patents are saying. Well I think we were talking about Cet and the dosage to inhibit that nasty pgd2.

- - - Updated - - -

@squeegee, hellouser is willing to pay for the fgf-9. If I can be shown that fgf9 in a particular dosage is relatively safe, I might give it a try if someone buys it for me. One problem is the depth and I suppose I would need someone else to apply it for me since it's going to be injected, right?

- - - Updated - - -

So is this the Capsaicin you guys are talking about?
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...w-Dermaroller-Study-Thoughts-comments/page118

Also, I could not find that Calcipotriol, where are you guys buying it from?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
@squeegee, hellouser is willing to pay for the fgf-9. If I can be shown that fgf9 in a particular dosage is relatively safe, I might give it a try if someone buys it for me. One problem is the depth and I suppose I would need someone else to apply it for me since it's going to be injected, right?

- - - Updated - - -

So is this the Capsaicin you guys are talking about?
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...w-Dermaroller-Study-Thoughts-comments/page118

Also, I could not find that Calcipotriol, where are you guys buying it from?

holy s-h-i-t...who needs Netflix when we have this thread!!! This is great...I gotta give it to ya --- you're a man on a mission!! :salut:

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha hellhouser! You to scared for Side effects?

You bet your *** I'm scared! LOL

But seriously, 5mcg for $50 is peanuts and realistically, in a small wound in the temples it'd be interesting to see how it works. I think we'd need to do some dermabrasion rather than dermarolling.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
You bet your *** I'm scared! LOL

But seriously, 5mcg for $50 is peanuts and realistically, in a small wound in the temples it'd be interesting to see how it works. I think we'd need to do some dermabrasion rather than dermarolling.

http://www.clearfxskin.com/video.php
[video=youtube;KDNxjufr9zQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDNxjufr9zQ[/video]

No blood involved.. Don't think the results would be great. Smaller sizes derma roller don't work for a reason...

- - - Updated - - -

Castor oil is like putting syrup in the head, it's that thick.

Squeegee, you are probably a good candidate for fgf9, why don't you give it a try.

Castor oil is highly used on the long hair ladies forum ..they use the Jamaica Black Castor oil lol ... but the best hair growth boosters.. are Miconazole Nitrate and Sublimed sulfur topically.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/monistat-sulfur-super-growth-challenge_topic359294.html

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
PS: Apologies for my English as it's not my first language.

Your English seems pretty perfect from where I'm sitting.

Thanks for the pics, btw. And congratulations on the results.

- - - Updated - - -

So I decide to stick around and share anything valuable I find. There are a lot of very nice and knowledgeable peeps here who always reply and behave like extremely mature gentlemen in forums (odabalk, hellouser, Jacob, benjt etc.) and that makes it all the more worthy.

Hey Rambo,

Welcome back. You have been missed.

I hope you were kidding about deleting your old posts? That would mean some of the most valuable posts in this thread have been lost. :freaked: :sobbing:

- - - Updated - - -

princess (or someone else who knows where it is) when you get a chance will you please link to that graph suggesting we should wound later? i can't find it. thanks buddy, glad you are sticking around.

I (re)posted that earlier in this thread.

RisingFist

Reaction score
Your English seems pretty perfect from where I'm sitting.

Thanks for the pics, btw. And congratulations on the results.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Rambo,

Welcome back. You have been missed.

I hope you were kidding about deleting your old posts? That would mean some of the most valuable posts in this thread have been lost. :freaked: :sobbing:

- - - Updated - - -

I (re)posted that earlier in this thread.
They are already deleted. Hopefully with time we will have better regimens to help us. Working as a community can be quite effective.

...I have some organic sulfur I started taking with Vitamin C. I may start spraying it as a topical too. Also have black seed oil I use every now and then. Time will tell.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
When I look at my growing pictures, the new healthier follicles seems to be coming out of the bigger punctured areas.Hardened collagen in the scalp is involved in male pattern baldness. This is why deep and bleeding is good.

- - - Updated - - -

http://files.kotisivukone.com/karl-ludwig.kotisivukone.com/tiedostot/clinicsdermatology2008_pci.pdf
Vitamin C is similarly important for collagen formation. These vitamins
need to be replaced everyday so that the natural protection
and repair of DNA can be maintained. As a result, the skin
will take on a more youthful appearance. The addition of
palmitoyl pentapeptide and/or other similar peptides will also
ensure that better collagen will be formed. These chemicals,
however, cannot achieve really youthful skin because the
collagen immediately below the epidermis has been
destroyed by years of sun exposure, and we need to stimulate
the production of collagen in this area by a more targeted
technique. Vitamin C is also essential for the production of
normal collagen. The demand for vitamin C increases when
more collagen is produced, for example, immediately after
an operation. In this particular regard, needling focuses on
creating more collagen, and so, it is mandatory to supply
increased levels of vitamin C in the diet and topically.

that guy is 70 years old:
[video=youtube;uLCJ5VHTfiY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLCJ5VHTfiY[/video]

Jacob

Reaction score
I posted this suggestion elsewhere. Maybe you'd rather just leave things here and see if you can get to 1000 pages :punk: ..so I won't start a new thread myself..but if you want- maybe a new one for results:

1. How long have you been 'rolling...
2. What length needles are you using...
3. How often are you 'rolling...
4. Which 'roller/stamp/pen are you using....
5. What results, if any..are you seeing...
6. What else are you using/applying...
etc

Those are just examples/suggestions...

K

karankaran

Going to start with dermaroller 2.5mm once a week with minoxidil 5% 36 hrs later (instead of 24 coz of increased size) and continuing minoxidil twice a day. Will use Nizoral 1% shampoo too. And Continue my oral supplements. Will update this thread six months later! Most likely on 1st May!

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score

ever in the forums except the experimental sections, my post count was also low comparatively and all concentrated in a specific area of the forum. I don’t have time wasting about “Am I balding?â€, or “My ballz are shrinking because I took 1 picogram of finasteride†or what not kind of thread, I simply don’t care about opinions and random chit chats in forums. I received PMs from many nice gents who asked me to stay and that all our contributions was worthy and valuable. So I decide to stick around and share anything valuable I find. There are a lot of very nice and knowledgeable peeps here who always reply and behave like extremely mature gentlemen in forums (odabalk, hellouser, Jacob, benjt etc.) and that makes it all the more worthy.

Welcome back. :woot:

theRA

Established Member
Reaction score
should capsaicin be take orally or externally? Found out that theres also smt like capsaicin gel

Status
Not open for further replies.