Reactivated My Dating Profiles, Trying To Be Enthusiastic Without Being Obsessed

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont disagree, but you make it seem you are willing to put in the effort to get there as well so thats good. At that same time you cant sh*t on advice that does work because it doesnt work "for you". The OP seems to have something because hes able to land enough prospects and 2nd dates so my tip for him would more than likely beneficial over not. As for you, keep up the work, youll get there. How old are you? Whats your height/weight?
Im only 5-8. At my highest in life my Dr recorded me at 5-10. Im not honestly sure where the 2" went in my life but I was never "Tall". Being white isnt really a game changer. When I was growing up in the ghetto back in the 90's it was actually a negative strike against you to girls when everyone was infatuated with rap culture. Thats about when I learned to just do my own thing and create my own styles that eventually kept me slightly ahead of the curves.
There are things you can do in "most cases" but there are always exceptions to the rules as well, but those go both ways.
>caring about the tastes of disgusting garbage ghetto hoes

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is probably in the thread already, but what were you saying to her?

Too many examples as she texted a lot. For example, when I told her that I'm an astronomer, she asked me for her horoscope. I then spent a few minutes pretending to do calculations and told her that the stars stated that if she wanted health, happiness, and love for her and her loved ones she would need to wear a tight shirt. She welcomed it at the time.

Honestly, I think what happened is that she lost interest, and at point subsequent comments were no longer welcome, but rather they become annoying. As I see it women like flirting and dirty talk -- but only if they like the guy.

When she cancelled on me yesterday, she didn't offer to pay for the movie tickets that she knew I had bought in advance. That reflects poorly on her. But it also says that she had lost interest already, she was much nicer a few weeks back, now she doesn't care and thus she's rude.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, I think what happened is that she lost interest, and at point subsequent comments were no longer welcome, but rather they become annoying. As I see it women like flirting and dirty talk -- but only if they like the guy.

well that goes both ways doesnt it. Would you appreciate over flirtatious and dirty talk from a 350lb woman?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Too many examples as she texted a lot. For example, when I told her that I'm an astronomer, she asked me for her horoscope. I then spent a few minutes pretending to do calculations and told her that the stars stated that if she wanted health, happiness, and love for her and her loved ones she would need to wear a tight shirt. She welcomed it at the time.

When she cancelled on me yesterday, she didn't offer to pay for the movie tickets that she knew I had bought in advance. That reflects poorly on her. But it also says that she had lost interest already, she was much nicer a few weeks back, now she doesn't care and thus she's rude.

I'm going to be pretty blunt with you man, that was a pretty weird thing to say to her. If you kept flirting with her like that she probably got a little creeped out.

Also, I'm sorry to hear how she bailed on you. Some girl I went to high school with posted a status a week ago about how she punched some guy straight in the face who stood her up on a date. All these people were applauding her actions, but I was just thinking to myself "You're openly admitting to physical assault on the internet?"

cantara

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I don't think that was creepy of you and agree with your interpretation.
Whenever I suspect that they expect me to tread carefully/more carefully than a guy they consider good-looking enough, I test the waters even more openly. You can call it a misguided sense of pride, but if they see me that way, they're gonna find fault with your behaviour at some point anyways.

Especially when losing interest, one should offer to pay for their ticket. Not classy at all, fully agree.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont disagree, but you make it seem you are willing to put in the effort to get there as well so thats good. At that same time you cant sh*t on advice that does work because it doesnt work "for you". The OP seems to have something because hes able to land enough prospects and 2nd dates so my tip for him would more than likely beneficial over not. As for you, keep up the work, youll get there. How old are you? Whats your height/weight?
Im only 5-8. At my highest in life my Dr recorded me at 5-10. Im not honestly sure where the 2" went in my life but I was never "Tall". Being white isnt really a game changer. When I was growing up in the ghetto back in the 90's it was actually a negative strike against you to girls when everyone was infatuated with rap culture. Thats about when I learned to just do my own thing and create my own styles that eventually kept me slightly ahead of the curves.
There are things you can do in "most cases" but there are always exceptions to the rules as well, but those go both ways.

They sometimes make mistakes on height. Mine has been between 5'10 and 6'0, but it's definitely 181 cm, or roughly 5'11, with no socks, standing up straight, etc. My build is a little lopsided. I have size 11.5 feet (depends on the brand), strong legs, hairy legs, narrow hip bones, probably. On the other hand my upper body is comparatively weak, very little chest hair, I have narrow forearms and short fingers. I'd probably do a lot better if my upper frame was as strong as my lower frame.

Being white is a huge advantage for men, that's been shown in studies of online dating selections. Myself I'm probably off-white, it depends. I'm middle eastern, so it depends on lighting, etc and the person viewing it. I have a higher yield on Jewish dating sites, that may be because I'm then seen as a member of the community, and not a foreigner, which is how I may appear on tinder.

There are usually no game changers though other than extremes, just general trends.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
well that goes both ways doesnt it. Would you appreciate over flirtatious and dirty talk from a 350lb woman?
I understand why you'd write that given the context of this forum, but it doesn't really apply to me. I don't view women as very different from men.

I'm going to be pretty blunt with you man, that was a pretty weird thing to say to her. If you kept flirting with her like that she probably got a little creeped out.

Also, I'm sorry to hear how she bailed on you. Some girl I went to high school with posted a status a week ago about how she punched some guy straight in the face who stood her up on a date. All these people were applauding her actions, but I was just thinking to myself "You're openly admitting to physical assault on the internet?"
I disagree, I think that it's fine, particularly as she was already giving me compliments herself. She was also very physical when we met, she did not hesitate to touch me.

When she liked me my behaviour was good, then when she lost interest it "did not make her feel like a lady". We get good and bad criticism in life, this is a case of the latter.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand why you'd write that given the context of this forum, but it doesn't really apply to me. I don't view women as very different from men.

I disagree, I think that it's fine, particularly as she was already giving me compliments herself. She was also very physical when we met, she did not hesitate to touch me.

When she liked me my behaviour was good, then when she lost interest it "did not make her feel like a lady". We get good and bad criticism in life, this is a case of the latter.
There was definitely nothing wrong with the way you flirted given the context imo! The way that she
''baited you'' on the astro-thingy was such a strong signal that dare I say...a lot of guys,
maybe even myself included on a good (horny) day; I'd use the opportunity to be way more sexual in
my response.
I've done this before, and rarely have I found myself in a situation where the girl was feeling
harassed and/or something similar like talking to a weirdo.
Lastly I'd have to add that I rarely find myself in those situations anymore, atleast not with girl
that I desire. I'm sure I don't have to say why that is...

Had to chime in to say that your ''social intelligence'' was not off-game, but point on..atleast from
what information you've given here. Sadly those things happen, and that's because the flirting
has to be synergistic with other aspects of the person (including looks). You have got it right!

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score

FWIW I’d retire the line. It’s a bit.. cheap sounding. Better might be for example to give her less blunt hint that you found whatever she was currently wearing to be sexy.

Do you do any optical astronomy? I know professionals often or usually don’t (?) As an amateur, I use a 180mm APO refractor.

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score

Women can be opportunistic vultures. Always on the look out for 'the bigger better prize.' love need not apply.

A woman I went out with is similar. Immediately upon meeting her, I hugged to break rapport. I noticed she complied but leaned out. My mind doesn't assume disinterest. It assumes she needs more time. Drinks turned into food meaning she enjoys the company. She definitely leaned in to kiss me. I hugged. Made out the next time. More recently, she went in to hug. I lost her number. Umatched and no contact. If I hangout a handful of times and it doesn't lead to sex, I drop her.

It's not something that can be bargained with or for. It's either there or it is not. She's a party girl. She's on the later side of twenty. She's a mess. History of heavy partying and no doubt promiscuity. The last vibe was wack.

I got drunk dialed that night from a different girl. I next another girl who again was cute, on later side of twenty, entitled, and just axed her from any future interactions. I progressed with two newer younger prospects and burnt off 'deadwood' as Jordan Peterson would say.

Keep going man. It's a zero sum game. Winner takes all. We play the cards we are dealt to the best of our ability. By the merit I hold value in dating younger, it's tricky. They are usually space cadets. Still, the alternative is to date spoiled milk.

The dating world is as every bit as dark and as hostile as E. R. says and then some. The reality is as it is. Divorce stats, cucking, high kill count when young and attractive but low libido for her husband. There's a reason why a man must step up. Going all psycho obviously isn't the ideal way. It's to adjust and proceed accordingly to the new values and beliefs system you operate in.

Even as a child from the nuclear family, seeing the value it offers, my eyes are open. The only way I would get married at this point is if I dated someone on the early side if twenty without any weirdness or sketchy stuff. I highly recommend you do the same thing.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
how she managed to be that ignorant in her 30s or 40s

She's not, she was goofing off. Hence my response to her was correct, as I went along with the joke, created anticipation, etc, rather than giving back a more mundane "hahaha other people are so dumb."

It's equivalent to asking a doctor if she plans on vaccinating her kids, it's a joke.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
She's not, she was goofing off. Hence my response to her was correct, as I went along with the joke, created anticipation, etc, rather than giving back a more mundane "hahaha other people are so dumb."

It's equivalent to asking a doctor if she plans on vaccinating her kids, it's a joke.

she is decent then if this is true

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
have a higher yield on Jewish dating sites
I have to ask
What is the ugly:total ratio in Jewish dating sites?
Is every girl like Allison Brie?
IMG-20180430-WA0010.jpg

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy sh*t that's bizarre. You know I think I do. If I eat too much bread (subs) I start feeling a bit unwell. I also used to make DIY meal replacement shakes due to jaw issues for a while in the past. For a brief time I tried using barley as my grain instead of kasha. Kasha is gluten free, barley is not. I got mega bowel problems from the barley, while kasha is fine.

I've always actually meant to get a blood test for celiac but never done it. I've heard you can have it "low grade" and not know. You just talked me into it.

Edit: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15919249

View attachment 86655

I'm also shorter than my brother, was scrawny as f*** growing up, and have mild annoying acne like you guys talk about too. Should be able to get results by next week I think.

Sorry Afro for all the off topic banter, but I know you said you don't mind previously. Your thread is basically this site's coffee shop now, and we're all just chatting together in it. :)

@DoctorHouse I just got my results back on celiac testing. I had testing for "Deamidated Gliadin peptide Ab IgG" and "Tissue Transglutaminase Ab IgA", both of which were negative at below the measurable limit. I had been hitting a pretty heavy gluten diet up to this point with at least two bowls of bran cereal daily and a fair amount of bread and pasta at restaurants leading up to the test so I think it should be fairly accurate.

I'm pretty happy with that. Part of why I never got celiac testing is I was always afraid if it came back positive I'd have to spend my life avoiding gluten. Now I've dodged that bullet so good enough for me.

And it would also appear I can't blame my giant forehead on celiac.

I notice too much bread/pasta seems to worsen my acne, but bran cereal doesn't, so I think it's more just an issue of refined carbs rather than truly gluten as the trigger for that.

Anyway, thanks for encouraging me to get the testing. It's something that had been in the back of my mind a while and I just needed the push. Good to get it cleared. Feels good. One less problem to worry about.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry Afro for all the off topic banter, but I know you said you don't mind previously. Your thread is basically this site's coffee shop now, and we're all just chatting together in it. :)
Last year my two dating threads reached a combined 550 pages, but the forum now has less traffic.