So I joined a dating site

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
I hate to sound depressing but I joined a dating site and after sending out 60 messages to 60 different girls I haven't had 1 response :( Just sums my whole life up really! My advice is if you are feeling low or cannot take rejection then don't join the sites because you will feel so much worse if you don't get any responses!

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
Cassin said:
IBM said:
Dating sites are depressing. Would Beckam or Brad Pitt join a dating site?

Why would they need to? They're married.

There is nothing wrong with a dating site.

If you don't go to bars
Church
Don't want to date someone you work with

Your options are extremely limited.

I saw the people on dating site and they are not atractive. Sorry i wouldnt join a dating site.

Wow you sound like a prick and give me the urge to hit you for some reason. Not to mention you're way off base half the girls on these dating sites are there because they have impossible standards and this is an easy way to sift through "applicants" while raising their ego at the same time.

I am joining a gym, currently I buzz my hair #2. Maybe once I'm a bit more defined I'll try the shaved head look.

I've only sent one girl a message and it said it was read and deleted, naturally my reaction was she's a b**ch. That's a bit easier than accepting I'm not attractive. :dunno:

satch5150

Reaction score
to the original poster.

Don't be afraid of REJECTION

be afraid that you lose your CHANCE and that you haven't tried and maybe this hottie on the dating site is kinda "weirdo" and likes bald men?

for ten rejections you might get one date which will be great. But if you won't try you won't get any. It's as simple as that. If she rejects you - big deal, you don't know them, move on. Just don't make a big deal out of it. Some girl didn't like you, others might. You will only find out if you try :)

ali777

Reaction score
dudemon said:
I have not found a way to look good yet, or do as I mentioned above. Therefore, I still get nothing but rejection from women. I have had literally thousands of women reject me from dating sites - not one has ever been interested. I also get the same results in a bar, or anywhere else. I refuse to date an ugly woman, though. Perhaps that is one reason why I can never score.

It depends on your definition of what ugly is. No offense, but you sound just like the women in the dating sites, you have very high standards. My definition of beautiful is someone that looks normal. I'm very easy to please. Maybe you should review your standards, and expectations. You will be much happier if you have realistic expectations.

I'm not saying you are a loser and you should settle for a loser woman. I'm saying, find the one that will make you emotionally happy in the long term. If I had a choice between a super model and someone "average" that makes me emotionally happy, I know who I would choose.

IBM

Reaction score
My experience with a dating site

I just came from a bad experience from a dating site. I logged on in http://www.datetheuk.com with hopes and fears, leaves and tears but the i couldnt walk through the elven path!

After eight pages i found nothing. And one i found average i couldnt chat. Curious is that this one average had 5 years of membership!

What a joke.

ali777

Reaction score
IBM said:
I just came from a bad experience from a dating site. I logged on in http://www.datetheuk.com with hopes and fears, leaves and tears but the i couldnt walk through the elven path!

After eight pages i found nothing. And one i found average i couldnt chat. Curious is that this one average had 5 years of membership!

What a joke.

Most of the comments you make are just unrealistic. I don't believe you are for real.

barcafan

Reaction score
dudemon said:
I have not found a way to look good yet, or do as I mentioned above. Therefore, I still get nothing but rejection from women. I have had literally thousands of women reject me from dating sites - not one has ever been interested. I also get the same results in a bar, or anywhere else. I refuse to date an ugly woman, though. Perhaps that is one reason why I can never score.

That's a pretty f*****g narcissistic attitude, dude.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
I am a very realistic guy and I always go for the 'average' girl. I wouldn't date someone who is obease but if she is carrying a few extra pounds then that doesn't bother me. As long as she doesn't look like the elephant man or have any facial deformaties then again I don't mind what kind of face she has. I don't mind if she is tall or short. I don't mind if she is blonde or brunette. I don't mind what country she comes from. I don't care about how much money she earns. So as you can tell as long as they ain't the elephant man or 300 pounds + then I don't care. But even though I go for 'average' girls I still don't get any responses :(

And I don't send any crued or wierd messages either I just send nice messages like hi how are you? Are you enjoying the summer? So what stuff do you like to do in your spare time etc. Maybe I should ask a girl if she likes to spit or swollow and then maybe I'll get somewhere :dunno:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Even average girls want some one who is above average. Most women have certain expectations, some more unrealistic than others. Call it what you will, I think they are brain washed myself.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean. There was this girl that use to work in my office and she wasn't anything special, a bit plain jane if you know what I mean. She wasn't ugly or fat she was just very average looking. She was always going after guys that were like models and even though they showed no interest in her she still kept on trying. I thought fair play to her because even if a girl was out of my league I would still go for it. In a way I started to feel sorry for her because these guys kept on rejecting her so I asked her out for a friendly drink but she straight away said I wasn't her type. I went why ain't I your type and she said you a bit too short for me, your going a bit thin on top and you clearly don't earn that much money because your only an accounts clerk and I thought what a superficial b**ch! I hear shes still single :mrgreen:

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My extremely short lived experience with match.com is that the majority of people are on there because they have quirky personalities and trouble meeting people. That said, there are a fair amount of legitimate, normal people. The only advice I can offer is do not lie on your profile - post pictures that show your hair/height, and be honest - there is nothing worse than showing up for, basically, a blind date with false expectations. I think it can work though - and it's great practice meeting complete strangers for a few hours of random conversation.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Alot of girls truly believe that they are special and that they deserve someone who is perfect (or nearly) and they won't settle for anything less. Most of these type of women will often wind up disappointed and lonely. I think if they just lower their standards and have a more open mind that they will have a greater chance of finding happiness, or at the very least, contentment.

GeminiX

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Alot of girls truly believe that they are special and that they deserve someone who is perfect (or nearly) and they won't settle for anything less. Most of these type of women will often wind up disappointed and lonely. I think if they just lower their standards and have a more open mind that they will have a greater chance of finding happiness, or at the very least, contentment.

This applies at least as much to guys, and from my own experience *far* more.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
Bald Dave said:
I know what you mean. There was this girl that use to work in my office and she wasn't anything special, a bit plain jane if you know what I mean. She wasn't ugly or fat she was just very average looking. She was always going after guys that were like models and even though they showed no interest in her she still kept on trying. I thought fair play to her because even if a girl was out of my league I would still go for it. In a way I started to feel sorry for her because these guys kept on rejecting her so I asked her out for a friendly drink but she straight away said I wasn't her type. I went why ain't I your type and she said you a bit too short for me, your going a bit thin on top and you clearly don't earn that much money because your only an accounts clerk and I thought what a superficial b**ch! I hear shes still single :mrgreen:
And staying that way.

s.a.f

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

Yes they picture a perfect 'prince charming' type but in the end 90% of these women will settle for mr average.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
barcafan said:
dudemon said:

That's a pretty f****ing narcissistic attitude, dude.

I guess I sounded a little narcissistic. But, I didn't mean to. I'm a very humble, easy-going guy. I'm also very down-to-earth, and generally a nice guy - too nice, actually. This may be part of my problem: no self-esteem, lack of confidence, and a bad self-image, and a push-over.

I do look bad, though. In addition to having severe hairloss, I have a deformed face. My sinus cavity is caved in on one side of my head making that side weird looking, and my septum is deviated, making my whole nose point sideways -by a 1/4". My face is pretty ugly, more or less. This has led to me having poor social skills, as I've been a loner for a very long, long time. Sorry if I come off the wrong way, it's my lack of social skills. Go easy on me.

Average or attractive looking women are all out of my league. I just forget about them nowdays. I havn't tried any dating sites, or the dating scene for at least 5 years. The unnattractive ones with decent personalities, that I meet at work or wherever, seem to always be interested in guys who look better than me, and/or are just a better guy than me overall.

The only chicks that are ever interested in me always weigh 300lbs. or more, and look like Mrs. Ballbricker from the movie "Porky's" - which me make want to puke! Sorry, they just do. Most women who see pics. of my face probably do the same. Not only are they not pretty, they are mean and bitchy too - just like Mrs. Ballbricker!

I just can't be with a woman knowing that I won't be happy with her. I'll confess, I've had a couple extremely obese, and unnattractive women ask me out, but I've turned them down. That wouldn't be right - for her that is.

Without getting too much into "me" here, I'll leave it at that.
wow, who saw that coming? :badmood:

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I hate, how women/girls say all the time, how they like long and curly hair, and how they get disgusted by bald heads. It's everywhere! I still have my hair, but I haven't got a date yet -- what will happen, when I go bald :O? Damn, I look attractive to myself, but I just don't have any girls to socialize with :S.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your situation Dudemon. Your posts tend to be serious downers but it is important to be honest and give people a perspective that is different from their own, so for that I commend you.
S.A.F wrote- Yes they picture a perfect 'prince charming' type but in the end 90% of these women will settle for mr average.
Well we both know the problem with that is bald guys are considered to be below average and are seen as seriously flawed. :(

GeminiX

Reaction score
Guys, I don't mean to sound preachy here, and I should probably not even post this, but seriously, women do not run around saying how ugly they think bald people are.

You've seen my gallery pics when I was bald, and I was certainly never a "looker", yet I *never* felt in any way inadequate or unable to date attractive women. It's the fact that you think you are inadequate that is making you insecure, and that negative attitude acts like a repulsor shield to *anyone* not just attractive women.

Also, if you base your levels of self satisfaction purely on looks, I'm sorry to tell you (and no offense intended), but you're living in the Stone Age.

Take a look around you at the really successful people (and by successful, I don't mean plastic people like models and actors). Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Alan Sugar, you’re not going to see many posters of them up on bedroom walls are you?

It’s a bit of a cliché, but most of the school hunks and beauty queens of the world end up living on social benefits. Ok, so maybe that’s just in the movies, but just being pretty is not going to get you a successful career unless you want a vapid modelling job.

Wake up guys, you're deluding yourselves and simply blaming your hair for everything that is wrong in your life.