So I joined a dating site

s.a.f

Reaction score
ghg said:
s.a.f said:
Joey Lawrence looks 10 x better with hair, he must be losing it otherwise he would'nt shave. I'm sure if he'd had that hairstyle 15 yrs ago he'd never have been cast on any sitcoms and would never have become famous.

Ok. But can you tell me just how popular was shaving 15 yrs ago compared to today? How often would you see a guy with a shaved head 15 yrs ago? And now?

Well shaving is much more popular these days but of those who decide to shave you can bet that 99% of them only do it because they are balding. And as HP already pointed out although its more common nowadays its still only a tiny tiny minority. For every shaved head guy I see I'll probably see 30/40 guys who grow their hair out even if they have hairloss. (I'm talking only about white guys here).
Also hair trends come and go but a grown out head of hair whichever way its styled will always be the more popular choice.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course a hairy head will always be a more popular choice than a shaved one, but so what? Close buzz or shave is the only way for a balding man to retain his dignity and it's definitely not uncommon these days. Those who grow a thin/NW5-7 head of hair out are totally mad if you ask me, and that, if anything, looks horrible. And that "whoever dude" who once was popular looks good with a shaved head, as do many others. Even if hollywood and media in general are obsessed with hair (though I seriously think you're exaggerating that) and looks doesn't mean every individual has to be. So you're not born with a face of a celebrity? So what. So you don't have hair of Brad Pitt? So what. Really, so what. Why compare yourself to these celebrities who have gotten everything because of how good they look, 'cause looks-wise you're never on their level anyways? There are plenty of examples of successful ppl that are either average-looking, bald or both. Yes, even in Hollywood. Some are born lucky but us average Joes have to work for everything. That's the fact.

joeylawrencejpgcommand2ko4.jpg

Here's another picture, you're right that he clearly is diffusing and probably shaves because of it. All power to him, it's f*****g brilliant that not every celebrity opts for hair transplant's or rugs.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
At first I think Joey just did it to be different, also to break out of that dumb teenager role with his stupid "WoAh" catch phrase. You could tell that he still had a virtually full head of hair, but judging from the last picture I would say that he shaves it now because of hair loss. I think he looks good that way and tbh, it makes me feel better because it puts us in the same boat. :mrgreen:

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
What are you dumb with that statement?

I didn't bring him up. Others did. I have noticed his head before because it looks weird. Just like Howie Mandel does.

Oh, I have a challenge for you. If he looks perfectly normal. Put your money where your mouth is. Since you are "practically bald" as you say, shave your head clean like he does then.

I have a challenge for you. Drop the hat, cry-baby.

10441rv2.gif

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
I've actually had a few nice conversations with some girls on that site now. I got over the fear of them saying something mean and bitchy and just started writing to the girls the were attractive but didn't seem be shallow b****s. Sure a few haven't written back but most have and when I get back to the city I plan on meeting up with a couple of them.

I have seen some HOT girls walking around NY with guys balder than me so maybe there is something to be said for confidence after all. I reordered some fincar because that seemed to have been thickening up the top even if it didnt do anything for the hairline.

I've just decided I've felt sorry for myself for too long and wasted time I'll never get back. I need to focus on what I can do with what I've got. I'm educated, have a good job, in fairly good shape (although I'm joining a gym to get some definition), and I have a pretty good personality as well. Sure being short and losing my hair will make some women uninterested in me but there are plenty of other girls that aren't stuck up b****s and I just need to give them a chance and stop being so insecure.

PS I'm not fat nor a rapist and neither are any of the girls I've spoken with thus far...

ali777

Reaction score
That's the spirit dude...

The day I sort my career sh*t out, I'll get out in the market too. Too much stress now, I don't have energy to date. It's sort of a catch 22 situation. If I could relax, my work would be better. But without finishing my work, I can't relax to get the girls. So both my personal life and my work suffer.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Once I get a steady job and become more financially secure, I might try online dating. My priorities are school and finding a job. No woman wants an unemployed dude with no direction in their life.

ali777

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Once I get a steady job and become more financially secure, I might try online dating. My priorities are school and finding a job. No woman wants an unemployed dude with no direction in their life.

For once I'll agree with you... Stable job is more important than hair.

The only woman that I knew who didn't care about stable job was my ex. She didn't care if I succeeded or failed, and she certainly didn't make an effort to help me through my bad times. On the other hand, her career was very important to her. I felt like an idiot that her career was important but mine wasn't. That's why she had to go...

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
uncomfortable man said:

For once I'll agree with you... Stable job is more important than hair.

The only woman that I knew who didn't care about stable job was my ex. She didn't care if I succeeded or failed, and she certainly didn't make an effort to help me through my bad times. On the other hand, her career was very important to her. I felt like an idiot that her career was important but mine wasn't. That's why she had to go...
True, but stable job with no hair equal you getting stuck with a woman that will more than likely suck the life out of you. :laugh:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
slowburn said:
True, but stable job with no hair equal you getting stuck with a woman that will more than likely suck the life out of you. :laugh:
And this can't happen to someone with a stable job and a full head of hair? I wish I had a woman to SUCK the life out of me.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
slowburn said:
And this can't happen to someone with a stable job and a full head of hair? I wish I had a woman to SUCK the life out of me.

Well, if it's someone like Ali777 described trust me you rather be single. Those girls are manipulative, require ALL your attention and - although you may be liking the sound of someone requiring your presence all the time - you will get annoyed and turned off faster than you'll imagine.

ali777

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
slowburn said:

Trust me you don't want someone that will suck the life out of you. Call me romantic, but I believe there is someone out there for all of us. I do believe I will meet the one that will make me happy, and I won't get that feeling of life being sucked out of me.

And you are right, it could happen to anyone. I had hair and my work was OK at the time.

Nathaniel said:
Well, if it's someone like Ali777 described trust me you rather be single. Those girls are manipulative, require ALL your attention and - although you may be liking the sound of someone requiring your presence all the time - you will get annoyed and turned off faster than you'll imagine.

Tell me about it.... Your analyses are spot on. Me paying attention to her was more important than anything else. I was a fool at the time to stick around. I should have saved my life much earlier. It was strange, because her career was going well she wanted to use her money to make me stick around, she was buying a house and she asked me to move in with her, etc.... I felt like she wanted more of a slave and a sperm donor than a person to share live with.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Nathaniel said:
uncomfortable man said:
slowburn said:

Nathaniel, most women are manipulative. It all started with Eve in the Gardern. Look how she manipulated Adam. Basically, life is a game. Its a game about who can be the best at manipulation. As long as you know its a game, you have to learn to play it very skillfully. Otherwise, you will lose every time. Its a game where every person is out for themselves. You just have to find a partner who is willing the play the game WITH you instead of AGAINST you. Once you find that partner, you must always learn to be the manipulator as long as you alow some manipulation by your partner. Games have to be fair and sometimes you have to be willing to lose just to make things more interesting. But never make losing a full time game. Make sure you can control your game where you know you will win most of the time. Otherwise if you lose too much, you will become a loser.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
slowburn said:
I meant a beast of a woman that not many guys really want.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Nathaniel, most women are manipulative. It all started with Eve in the Gardern. Look how she manipulated Adam. Basically, life is a game. Its a game about who can be the best at manipulation. As long as you know its a game, you have to learn to play it very skillfully. Otherwise, you will lose every time. Its a game where every person is out for themselves. You just have to find a partner who is willing the play the game WITH you instead of AGAINST you. Once you find that partner, you must always learn to be the manipulator as long as you alow some manipulation by your partner. Games have to be fair and sometimes you have to be willing to lose just to make things more interesting. But never make losing a full time game. Make sure you can control your game where you know you will win most of the time. Otherwise if you lose too much, you will become a loser.
And marriage is a business, it's not about love. Better brush up on your contract knowlegdge before you are hostile taken over.

ali777

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Nathaniel, most women are manipulative. Basically, life is a game. Its a game about who can be the best at manipulation. As long as you know its a game, you have to learn to play it very skillfully. Otherwise, you will lose every time. Its a game where every person is out for themselves. You just have to find a partner who is willing the play the game WITH you instead of AGAINST you. Once you find that partner, you must always learn to be the manipulator as long as you alow some manipulation by your partner.

Isn't that the whole point? Relationships are about compromise and the whole question is "how much are you willing to compromise". So, when she's WITH you, you don't get the feeling of giving away too much, but when she turns AGAINST you, you feel like your soul is being sucked out of you....

From all the women I've been with (yes, I've been with a few and I'm not a complete loser), only two of them made me feel like I was compromising. So, it is possible to be with someone and not get the feeling of giving up part of your life.

slowburn said:
And marriage is a business, it's not about love. Better brush up on your contract knowlegdge before you are hostile taken over.

I don't agree. Call me old fashioned but I still believe in "family" and "family values". Being with someone is not about being taken over, it's about sharing. From the sound of it, you had a bad experience as well.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
slowburn said:
DoctorHouse said:
I agree with you slowburn. Marriage is definitely a business contract. Its part of the game you play called life. My advice is not to get married until you know you want your wife to be your game partner for life. Otherwise, just PLAY like your are married and see if you can PLAY that game skillfully. If you get really good at the game then you might trade it in for a lifetime business deal with your wife. Just remember to buy some insurance before you get married by making her sign a pre-nup just in case you have to break the contract later. However, if you know she will always have way more money than you will, then forget the pre-nup.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
slowburn said:
I meant a beast of a woman that not many guys really want.
So you're saying that bald guys can only pull fat/ugly women? Btw, I was using "life" as a youthamism for jism. Notice the word suck was in bold text. I'm a little dissapointed I had to explain that. Love aside, I suppose a little or even alot of action isn't worth the maintenance/manipulation that seems to come with dysfunctional relationships. You'd be better off :jackit: .