Soul Crushing Depression Because Your Youth Is Going Down The Drain

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Wait until you're bald.

I've been there and I'm telling you, it's not worth agonizing over when you're still very far from being bald.

Once you get there (if you ever get there any time soon in your case), you realize that it's not the end of the world. The very worst case scenario is still manageable, then you still got FUE megasessions, medication, temporary SMP, you'll by no means be doomed forever.

But you know what really makes you feel like sh*t once you become bald? Looking back and realizing you were a giant pussy for agonizing over a NW2, realizing you could have still taken advantage of your youth, but you didn't.

There are no two ways about it, you have to force yourself, to date, to go out, to socialize, no matter your Norwood status, only then will you realize that almost nothing has changed, especially with a f*****g thick NW1.5 head of hair, or a NW2, or a thick NW3, because barely anyone notices. You're a fullhead in the eyes of the world and will remain so for many, many years to come.

Sorry, going full @Exodus2011 here, but come on now, don't let your BDD consume you, don't let it ruin your youth, get a psychologist ASAP and start working on your issues, right now. From the moment you're not doing anything to improve your situation, you lose your right to complain, that's how I see it anyway.

Oh yea and one more thing- I honestly believe there are no therapist qualified to deal with treating the stress of hair loss. That’s why you find me coming back here “attention whoring” because no one in real life gets it. I told my last therapist I have hair loss related OCD and I was told “ there are treatments to get you a full head of hair back.” That was all they kept repeating . In the back of my mind I was thinking , of course I know about the treatments but they don’t work for everyone. Yet this was the answer that was regurgitated every time I brought up hairloss worry. Still, that answer was favorable to other therapist I have seen in the past that say the classic “ you are more than your hair” answer- because that sure as hell doesn’t stop me from worrying about it.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Even a small amount of hairloss fucks up hair style of a person.
I accept this.

Still I will never support a guy doing full blown self loathing at norwood 2/3.

If someone cannot handle hairloss at nw2..
such person can go Insane at norwood 6 in coming years.

Ability to handle hairloss impact is not directly proportional to increasing hairloss.

Mental strength to handle hairloss and stopping falling trajectory of life is difficult to master.
Need extremely positive,sporting attitude,good friend,family circle to beat this.

Avoid self loathing at any cost.

I will go insane at Norwood 6 - that’s why being Norwood 2 bothers me so much. I know damn well that I would because I am a mentally weak person. I have a hard enough time making friends and connections with my current state of unnoticeable hair loss so I am f*cked when it hits the fan.

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@buckthorn @Timii @blackg @Fkdup @Afro_Vacancy @shookwun Thank you guys by the way. I needed understanding and support and you have provided that. Much love.
So,you put me in the list of those who attacked you?...Really?
I think you're clever enough to understand that i genuinely care about your overall well-being(health and looks),and that all my posts
were meant to be helpful and supportive.
But,hell...I should probably become an unemphathetic and inaffectionate a**h** if i get such recognition from trying to be helpful.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you're clever enough to understand that i genuinely care about your overall well-being(health and looks),and that all my posts
But,hell...I should probably become an unemphathetic and inaffectionate a**h** if i get such recognition from trying to be helpful.
I’m sorry i just didn’t totally forgot to add you in. Honest mistake.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score

Notice that all the guys she tagged were fullheads aside from Buckthorn and Afro who still have more hair than you. Brutal blackpill.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I definitely agree with what you are saying and I do make a conscious effort to let hair loss affect me as little as possible. Granted I wear hats a lot but I also use dating apps and try to put myself out there just because I know I will have an even harder time in the future once my hair loss is noticeable

To be honest when I am bald I will probly be mad at myself for obsessing about my hair loss at early stage but that still doesn’t change how I feel now. The amount of time I spend worrying about it goes up and down but it’s always there nagging in the back of my mind.

It’s just the not knowing that consumes me. Not knowing how bad being bald will be , not knowing when I will be bald , ect. I really try to not let it affect me much but sometimes I just can’t help but get consumed by it.
@Baldingat188, my sweet pea pod and attention whoring twin, I know exactly how you feel and I am way older than you. I suffered from bad acne when I was younger and I let it rob me of my youth. I also had other body image problems too that I let rob me of any normal pleasure in life. I didn't know what I had was BDD. Just knew I was self loathing like @Georgie. I refused to go to therapy and my parents thought they would be supportive enough to help me so did not make me go.

Looking back, now I regret my whole life and sometimes just want to die and wake up and get another chance at life in a new body with perfect genetics and model tier looks. The unknown of what your final Norwood will be is what haunts me now. There is no certainty to it. You hear about people going from a NW2 to a NW6 even later in life but I have been told it's rare and more acceptable. Yet, I still worry everyday that I am going to be that exception and how would I deal with it. The irony is I know how to deal with it but still the burden it would bring is what I don't think I can handle. That is why I admire @WhitePolarBear who was able to overcome all these obstacles at an age where this is the biggest curse to carry around. He did it. He is my inspiration. @Afro_Vacancy, is my other inspiration too because, although he does not suffer from major hair loss, he has other issues and still manages to live a life I admire. He of course goes to therapy for his help but nonetheless he follows alot of the advice he gets in his therapy. Most people will make excuses and not do the hard work he manages to do.

Unfortunately, I regress on some days and just ponder on my past and possible future and that is when I get depressed and anxious. The only way I can get over it is to keep my mind busy on other things. And be grateful what I do have and live in the present. The only thing I hate about this forum is people make it a pissing contest all the time. It's not a pissing contest, its a dam support forum.

Last edited:

blackg

Reaction score
Oh yea and one more thing- I honestly believe there are no therapist qualified to deal with treating the stress of hair loss. That’s why you find me coming back here “attention whoring” because no one in real life gets it. I told my last therapist I have hair loss related OCD and I was told “ there are treatments to get you a full head of hair back.” That was all they kept repeating . In the back of my mind I was thinking , of course I know about the treatments but they don’t work for everyone. Yet this was the answer that was regurgitated every time I brought up hairloss worry. Still, that answer was favorable to other therapist I have seen in the past that say the classic “ you are more than your hair” answer- because that sure as hell doesn’t stop me from worrying about it.
You have a legitimate right to express your anxieties on this site. It is after all, a freakin' hair loss site!
This forum is not called NW7'sunite.com.
It's for all of us suffering this disease.

We can only play the cards we are dealt with.. in the here and now!!
We can't predicted what our worldview regarding hair loss will be in 10 to15 years.

You are one of my favourite posters @Baldingat188. Stick around.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Notice that all the guys she tagged were fullheads aside from Buckthorn and Afro who still have more hair than you. Brutal blackpill.
Freds not a fullhead.

Afro looks like a fullhead (I know he used to look worse though)

blackg

Reaction score
You weren't much help.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can't just casually call someone a 4 out of 10 without thinking of the consequences.
You may really affect a man's self esteem by saying this, exo.
I'm not sure - isn't this place where we should all be honest?

We don't do blue pill - you look fine, its probably your lack of charisma - he's got people in real life for those lies.

Last edited:

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait until you're bald.

I've been there and I'm telling you, it's not worth agonizing over when you're still very far from being bald.

Once you get there (if you ever get there any time soon in your case), you realize that it's not the end of the world. The very worst case scenario is still manageable, then you still got FUE megasessions, medication, temporary SMP, you'll by no means be doomed forever.

But you know what really makes you feel like sh*t once you become bald? Looking back and realizing you were a giant pussy for agonizing over a NW2, realizing you could have still taken advantage of your youth, but you didn't.

There are no two ways about it, you have to force yourself, to date, to go out, to socialize, no matter your Norwood status, only then will you realize that almost nothing has changed, especially with a f*****g thick NW1.5 head of hair, or a NW2, or a thick NW3, because barely anyone notices. You're a fullhead in the eyes of the world and will remain so for many, many years to come.

Sorry, going full @Exodus2011 here, but come on now, don't let your BDD consume you, don't let it ruin your youth, get a psychologist ASAP and start working on your issues, right now. From the moment you're not doing anything to improve your situation, you lose your right to complain, that's how I see it anyway.
How can I like this 3 times? This is the wisest thing I've ever read on this forum.

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha!..Nice effort to demean me mate:).
I doubt she has seen pics from any of the guys she tagged,therefore your assertion is invalid.
I have people in real life to evaluate me...I'm not expecting evaluation from people who hide behind an avatar on a hairloss forum.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
NW2 and diffuse thinning at 18

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can't just casually call someone a 4 out of 10 without thinking of the consequences.
You may really affect a man's self esteem by saying this, exo.

40% is about my typical rating on photofeelee, so 4/10 is about correct. I'm not gifted in the looks department unfortunately. Aside from that, I also deal with poor sleep, poor erections, impulsiveness, and poor concentration.

I just re-activated one online dating account, will re-activate the others soon. You can expect my tone to crater in the coming weeks as the response of non-responses from women continues to come in, and perhaps I'll be sounding like an amalgam of @Patrick_Bateman, @Exodus2011, and @Georgie.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha!..Nice effort to demean me mate:).
I doubt she has seen pics from any of the guys she tagged,therefore your assertion is invalid.
I have people in real life to evaluate me...I'm not expecting evaluation from people who hide behind an avatar on a hairloss forum.

My pics are actually in my hair progress thread, where I detail my regimen over roughly two years now, so most of the forum knows what I look like.

That said it's not why she tagged me lol. She was saying thank you, that's all.

Of the men on this forum whose pics I've seen, the best looking are @JeanLucBB , @WhitePolarBear , @davesmith420 , and @JohnsonDDG . There used to be another poster, @Baldhurts, he looked like a Greek god, but he's gone now. I have not seen pictures of @shookwun , @Wolf Pack , and @macaroni , but they're most certainly good looking based on the life experiences that they describe.

We also used to have another poster, who shall remain nameless, who claimed to have had sex with ~2,200 virgins during his youth.