The Frequent "official" Origin Of My Recent Failures With Women

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Body and IQ both slightly above average.

Only height is top tier.

I say "beta body" because it was relatively easy to injure myself on machines while I'm trying to be careful.

And then you see these big meatheads put too much weight, use bad form to no end and yet they don't injure themselves.

No serious injuries though, doctor recommended one week off every time and told me I should know my limits.

Translation: beta body genetics!

I see you as smarter than that.

That said, I know that IQ is a weighted sum of several different subcomponents. It may be that you suck on one of the components that doesn't show up on this forum (e.g. quantitative reasoning, spatial-visual reasoning) and that drags down your overall score to "slightly above average".

How's your physical progress by the way?

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
It never happened but I'm afraid of my muscles "giving out" and of seriously injuring myself.

But you're right, my two mild injuries were most likely from bad form.

Another problem I'm facing now is muscle knots in my back, probably because I overlooked stretching.

Thank god it's almost completely under control thanks to rolling with a foam roller or a tennis ball.

My back is the only thing that seriously worries me for injuries. I did daily stretches when I was lifting. And have very very slowly moved up on deadlifts. I had one of the worst postures imaginable a few years ago. It's good now but I still feel my back is slightly dodgy.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lift to failure with good form, get the weight right for whatever you're trying to achieve, most guys are going for hypertrophy which is 8-12 reps- depending on the size of the muscle group. Deadlifts can be as low as 6 but biceps/triceps/shoulders over 10.

But to failure (by the way nothing wrong with calling it "exhaustion" either) is highly important, those last 2 or 3 reps are where the muscle fibres are stressed most. Running out of breath isn't going to cause injury, and breaking down muscle fibres is not the same as pulling an entire muscle. Also as important as form is, it's more important to push to failure even if form goes out the window a bit for the last few reps. Personally I hate the days when I'm not feeling focussed enough to get in those last few killer reps, and I feel the difference afterwards (or lack thereof, no pump at all).

You'll also see a lot of professional trainers talk about mixing light and heavy weights. I do 1/5 workouts with overly heavy weights, less reps and slightly worse form, but not bad enough so you're body positioning is completely out of line. 1/5 workouts with lighter weights (60%of 1 rep maximum) and focus on time under tension and muscle contraction, other 3 workouts normal hypertrophy.

But yeah, always should be to failure. Otherwise if it was that easy to simply end each set with a gentle gasp, where's the fun anyway?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, is this really needed? You could push it too far and injure yourself.

I'm not that robust, I have a semi-lanky physique.

Yes, you can over-train a muscle.

You want to break the muscle down so it regrows--eat to make it regrow.

Research the nutrition to go along with getting gains (If this is what you want).

weight trained for 20 something years. Worked with a lot of professionals over that time period.

As soon as your form is being compromised--stop. You worked the muscle enough.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It never happened but I'm afraid of my muscles "giving out" and of seriously injuring myself.

But you're right, my two mild injuries were most likely from bad form.

Another problem I'm facing now is muscle knots in my back, probably because I overlooked stretching.

Thank god it's almost completely under control thanks to rolling with a foam roller or a tennis ball.

On the scale: I see I'm weighing 77 kg instead of 72 kg, with my face and body fat being the same as before weightlifting.

In the mirror: there's a slight difference that's not that noticeable due to my height and long limbs.

I got a few comments from friends, colleagues and of course my girlfriend who can enjoy the difference the most.

I don't think I'll progress much more than that because I tend not to obsess with diet and I want to avoid bulking. I really hate seeing my face and lower belly swell up, even if it's temporary. Face remains king.

By the way, I'm currently trying DIY Cryolipolysis to try to spot-reduce that lower-belly fat who wouldn't bulge even when I was anorexic and around 63 kg.

http://fellrnr.com/wiki/CoolSculpting

I'm not expecting anything of it but since there's some science behind it, you never know.

Let us know how that goes please.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@WhitePolarBear I hope that cryocontouromg or whatever way they're marketing it doesn't cost you too much, it's total bullshit.

I can see why initially the science could make sense and I also wanted to believe in it but the difference it will make is barely even marginal and not even temporary. They also regularly promote the science of it as "fat cells disappearing" when fat cells simply lose their contents, it doesn't make any sense from the get-go.

If you wanna try then sure but I wouldn't invest much time or money.

I've been experimenting with protein and I've found my muscle hasn't decreased on 100g of protein a day compared to 150g

It's meant to be 0.7g-1.5g+ of protein per pound of body weight so no there shouldn't be a difference, but everyone's different and some people wouldn't recover well on 100g a day. Most bulkers just naturally go way over that anyway because it doesn't hurt.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not trying to get hella swole . Biebs body type is good enough for me .

Short dudes look retarded when huge

I don't want to induce the black pill. But I will say this the most important to women is not to be a loner autist like me

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will.

It's hard to find serious discussions about DIY "fat-freezing" because many people will just mock it and say "just exercise and lay off the burgers you lazy fatass!".

Idiots. That's not the point, it's about the fat you just cannot shed, but I know not many people have that problem, most men I see get a flat belly if they are at their ideal weight.s.

They have a laser for this now.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will.

It's hard to find serious discussions about DIY "fat-freezing" because many people will just mock it and say "just exercise and lay off the burgers you lazy fatass!".

Idiots. That's not the point, it's about the fat you just cannot shed, but I know not many people have that problem, most men I see get a flat belly if they are at their ideal weight.

I remember this surgeon who told me diet and exercise would make my gynecomastia go away, even though it was obvious I was already underweight when he examined me. Ah the ignorance even from professionals.

I can understand why -- there are so many scams out there, that if a legitimate treatment comes along people will assume it's a scam. It's the same with hairloss really.

My impression of spot reduction is that there's simply little research done on it. People say it's "impossible" because anecdotes are the only evidence available. When anecdotes are the only thing available, it all looks like bullshit so people dismiss the idea as bullshit. But that's wrong, spot reduction might very well be possible we just don't know how.

How much money are you paying on this cold treatment?

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was a shy nerd and now I'm a confident woman magnet.

;)
Danny_Devito_Cover.jpg

1250530894_brad_pitt_290x402.jpg

amazing confidence transformation

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will.

I agree this isn't the point at all, and a lazy rebuttal to the idea. If it worked at all why not incorporate cryofreezing with good diet AND good exercise?! Duh. I know I would.

Have you tried specifically lower ab targeting core exercises? Things like reverse leg crunches, plank mountain climbers, because upper abs are worked naturally alongside a host of other exercises (you'll probably feel this without even doing core/ab work) but those lower abs where the belly fat resides, that's what gets off scott free.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can see why initially the science could make sense and I also wanted to believe in it but the difference it will make is barely even marginal and not even temporary. They also regularly promote the science of it as "fat cells disappearing" when fat cells simply lose their contents, it doesn't make any sense from the get-go.

I wonder if the evidence for that truism is overwhelming.

GornMyson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want to induce the black pill. But I will say this the most important to women is not to be a loner autist like me
I have went loner recluse mode recently but I have no problem making friends or talking to women if hairs ok

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@WhitePolarBear there is a way of lifting that helped me in my 20s make gains with my upper body when I hit a plateau.
I forgot what its called. But you lift (push or pull) and you focus on resisting the release instead of the push/pull...
Meaning you release it as if you are trying to hold it back...Its hard to explain but someone may know what I am talking aobut.
You basically focus on the 'negative' and go super slow.
IF you do this it is easier to lift heavier then you normally would--and you won't harm yourself if you go slow and keep the weight right.
You can do this with push ups and pull ups also.
There is science behind it but I cant remember what it is even called but it has a name.
Helped me a lot when I started to do this (back in day).

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree this isn't the point at all, and a lazy rebuttal to the idea. If it worked at all why not incorporate cryofreezing with good diet AND good exercise?! Duh. I know I would.

Have you tried specifically lower ab targeting core exercises? Things like reverse leg crunches, plank mountain climbers, because upper abs are worked naturally alongside a host of other exercises (you'll probably feel this without even doing core/ab work) but those lower abs where the belly fat resides, that's what gets off scott free.

Diet and exercise will change the total amount of fat on his body.

Cryofreezing will change how the fat is distributed.

We know this from follow-up of liposuction patients. They regain the fat, and end up at their original weight, but the fat is distributed differently.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The clinical version actually works and there's a lot of data on it.

I'm trying to reproduce what happens during the legit (but costly) treatment with coolpacks, just maintaining my skin cool enough for an hour or so.

It doesn't cost me anything. Of course clinics will say that only the "official" treatment works because it's sucking the fat, controlled, etc.

The coolpacks might actually stimulate production of brown fat on your body :)

I'm not sure.

But that's fine it's good if true, brown fat increases your metabolism.