The Frequent "official" Origin Of My Recent Failures With Women

GornMyson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He made a lot of valid points but I can't say that I share his worldview.
His world view is irrelevant, I was mainly focusing on how he broke down the middle class reporter. A lot of intelligent people in the UK are fake as fcuk, I don't no how it works in America but the UK is still the world and its my world and the system is fucked here because these " intelligent" folk a lot of them use their intelligence over being genuine so they can be cosy and fit in.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
The woman I was on a date with yesterday, she was very right-wing. She told me that she had to leave academia in part because it was too intellectually suffocating for her. For example, a while back, she got a concealed carry permit and a gun because a man threatened to kill her, her colleagues all got on her case and argued that guns are bad, etc. What they should have done was empathize with her predicament, empathize with the human being in their life whom they work with and know well, but instead they focused on adhering to political ideology. She would have been better off lying about her gun.

I'm a left-wing guy, but not of the same flavour as that found in the academic environment. I'm not really lying to people per se as I'm simply not saying the whole truth, I often just don't say anything at all because I don't want to offend, or rather, I don't want to alienate people and build irreparable antagonism.

I saw a good analogy for this recently. Among intellectual atheists and progressives, political ideology is becoming a theology. It's why lefty women say "swipe left if you voted for Trump" but we don't see the reverse; why we hear so many stories of families being divided, et cetera. There's very little tolerance for deviations from what Steven Pinker calls "the left pole", whereby you're either left-wing on all issues with no exceptions, or you're a conservative.

This theology fully replaces traditional religion, as it also helps build community and define identity.

Kudos on the very well written piece!

You're also fluent in French right? You bastard :)

Last edited:

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The woman I was on a date with yesterday, she was very right-wing. She told me that she had to leave academia in part because it was too intellectually suffocating for her. For example, a while back, she got a concealed carry permit and a gun because a man threatened to kill her, her colleagues all got on her case and argued that guns are bad, etc. What they should have done was empathize with her predicament, empathize with the human being in their life whom they work with and know well, but instead they focused on adhering to political ideology. She would have been better off lying about her gun.

I'm a left-wing guy, but not of the same flavour as that found in the academic environment. I'm not really lying to people per se as I'm simply not saying the whole truth, I often just don't say anything at all because I don't want to offend, or rather, I don't want to alienate people and build irreparable antagonism.

I saw a good analogy for this recently. Among intellectual atheists and progressives, political ideology is becoming a theology. It's why lefty women say "swipe left if you voted for Trump" but we don't see the reverse; why we hear so many stories of families being divided, et cetera. There's very little tolerance for deviations from what Steven Pinker calls "the left pole", whereby you're either left-wing on all issues with no exceptions, or you're a conservative.

This theology fully replaces traditional religion, as it also helps build community and define identity.

I saw recently an article about how, from a study, liberals are just as biased towards their own issues as conservatives. This would have really surprised me 5 years ago but now not so much, it seems like the majority of people who staunchly are committed to the left or right, are ridiculous in their bias, and lack any real foresight or 3 dimensional thought.

I am still liberal overall but it's like identifying yourself with truly ridiculous people now. On the left you have people who knew jerk react to absolutely every situation being down to white privilege, America's history, men in suits, firstly not every issue has a context that easily explains it, but even if it does, what exactly is the solution here? Vague, whiney tweets.

And staunch conservatives under Trump have somehow become even more infuriating, not just as extreme as Milo, but let's take the Ben Shapiro type. Smug sh*t eating grin, sassy "oh I just went there and I just said it" much like Milo really but somewhat more annoying because there's some substance behind.

Am I just giving vague interprations here without focussing on any particular issues? Yes because nobody gives a sh*t about specifics anymore. Hopefully now we're ultimately realising that this has gotten so extreme, we can knock the whole system down and maybe try again.

But just read any conservative tweets or the comment section of any right wing site, and how that could make anyone want to be conservative is beyond me. It's literally just 30% trolls pretending to have some sort of substance eg "crooked Coney lying again he just joined Hilary!l" and 70% trolls with absolutely no substance, just completely getting off on the idea of hating liberals "LOL MORE LIBERAL TEARS" and these guys get the most attention and upvotes.

Liberals may be biased and I understand that, but 95% of online conservatives main point of living is to point blame at looney liberals and laugh at their tears.

Which is why their obsession with hating and mocking the opposition has left them with a ridiculous leader that will cause damage that won't be repaired for many years (probably already has, we don't know just how much his controversies and sackings have internally traumatised many members of the GOP)

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw recently an article about how, from a study, liberals are just as biased towards their own issues as conservatives. This would have really surprised me 5 years ago but now not so much, it seems like the majority of people who staunchly are committed to the left or right, are ridiculous in their bias, and lack any real foresight or 3 dimensional thought.

I am still liberal overall but it's like identifying yourself with truly ridiculous people now. On the left you have people who knew jerk react to absolutely every situation being down to white privilege, America's history, men in suits, firstly not every issue has a context that easily explains it, but even if it does, what exactly is the solution here? Vague, whiney tweets.

And staunch conservatives under Trump have somehow become even more infuriating, not just as extreme as Milo, but let's take the Ben Shapiro type. Smug sh*t eating grin, sassy "oh I just went there and I just said it" much like Milo really but somewhat more annoying because there's some substance behind.

Am I just giving vague interprations here without focussing on any particular issues? Yes because nobody gives a sh*t about specifics anymore. Hopefully now we're ultimately realising that this has gotten so extreme, we can knock the whole system down and maybe try again.

But just read any conservative tweets or the comment section of any right wing site, and how that could make anyone want to be conservative is beyond me. It's literally just 30% trolls pretending to have some sort of substance eg "crooked Coney lying again he just joined Hilary!l" and 70% trolls with absolutely no substance, just completely getting off on the idea of hating liberals "LOL MORE LIBERAL TEARS" and these guys get the most attention and upvotes.

Liberals may be biased and I understand that, but 95% of online conservatives main point of living is to point blame at looney liberals and laugh at their tears.

Which is why their obsession with hating and mocking the opposition has left them with a ridiculous leader that will cause damage that won't be repaired for many years (probably already has, we don't know just how much his controversies and sackings have internally traumatized many members of the GOP)

The senate could possibly flip in 2018...the congress I don't think can anymore not for many years because its so re-districted to favor republicans (Karl Roves genius plan and fore site) There are some cases up at Supreme Court to fight this redistricting so it will be interesting once there is a verdict if it has presidence in future.
there is a race, a special election in a district in Geogria that is going to be very telling how Republican proceed going forward.
Its flooded with money on both sides I think it might be the most expensive congressional race ever. (I donated some money myself lol)...it will be interesting if the people who always sit out of elections which in US is a lot--finally wake up to take back some power.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

Which is why their obsession with hating and mocking the opposition has left them with a ridiculous leader that will cause damage that won't be repaired for many years (probably already has, we don't know just how much his controversies and sackings have internally traumatised many members of the GOP)

I like Ben Shapiro. Dude has got some serious oratory skills. He is also not a fan of Trump.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hairblues, I genuinely like your posts 99% of the time and have literally no reason to attack you and I apologise if I insulted you.

I don't mind openly arguing with people (as seen time and time again with me against two or three other posters.) - and I am genuinely not trying to fight or be rude to you.
Personally, just speaking for myself, I think I will never have a healthy long term relationship and I am fucked in that sense because of my own borderline mental illnesses and all that. I don't believe I can tolerate other people too much, and usually other people with any sense cannot tolerate me.

I think I will probably be single in mid life and old age - and I must learn to embrace it and still live a good life.
It's not the end of the world. Trust me. Although sometimes it might seem to be. Unfortunately, I go thru stages where I can't tolerate people too much so I understand that thought process. I think maybe I am to blame as it's usually when I feel low myself.

I think what David said about you was very accurate and I agree too. I forgot about your suicidal thoughts last year but you seem too valuable to leave us now. And besides, I don't think suicide would be your style to check out. I am glad you came back. You definitely are one of my favorite posters here.

David, I know eventually all your efforts of everything you do will pay off some day. You are another valuable member of our society and I only wish the women out there would realize what they are missing out on when they don't give you a chance.

K

karankaran

Talking about the comment section on right wing sites, I read a comment from a flat earther on a science story on a right wing site and he said 'time to bring back old fashioned burning of scientists'. On another science article on anti-aging, a top comment completely dismissed the research and said 'the only way to live longer is to accept jesus christ'.

I do not understand why right wing sites even have a science section.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Talking about the comment section on right wing sites, I read a comment from a flat earther on a science story on a right wing site and he said 'time to bring back old fashioned burning of scientists'. On another science article on anti-aging, a top comment completely dismissed the research and said 'the only way to live longer is to accept jesus christ'.

I do not understand why right wing sites even have a science section.

Our VP said something close to this recently..Cant think of the exact quote but it was along the lines of people don't need more health insurance, they need more Jesus in their lives..
the VP of the USA. LOL

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Our VP said something close to this recently..Cant think of the exact quote but it was along the lines of people don't need more health insurance, they need more Jesus in their lives..
the VP of the USA. LOL

"What the American people need is not more health care. What we need is more Jesus care. I believe the if we can just get more of these people with pre-existing health conditions back into the churches you would see a lot of healings and many of these problems would just go away. People who lead Godly lives don’t worry about Doctors. We have The Lord to take care of us."

Ahh ok sorry that's a fake quote that circulated, would've been funny though right?

I still think it came from an original sentiment he expressed but obviously didn't say "Jesus care".

blackg

Reaction score
I honestly wonder why he even keeps trying. I admire him for it, but I just can't understad.
I can understand. David (afro) wants more out of life.
He is not ready to just put the cue in the rack and say "game over."
I admire him for that.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
the VP of the USA. LOL
This makes me want to mass incarcerate or enslave (humanely ofc) those with sub 100 IQs

I know its stupid but i cant help but get ticked off at stupidity , especially when they think theyre right. Dat dunning kruger. I feel they need to be punished for thinking they could possibly be right lol. Ofc i wouldnt do it just saying i wanna stomp on their egos so to speak. They dont deserve one. Smart people do