Reaction score
Who is that?

jonah-hill-2.jpg

Yeah, I had the same reaction too.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
PErsonal information removed

I don't know anything about misophonia or about arranged marriages. We have two Indian culture experts in @pjhair and @Saurabhaj who might have advice on navigating that issue. I know that if I ever bring home a non-Jewish woman, my entire extended family will disown me. I will be cutoff. It's a stressor.

Every workplace has separate dynamics, and some are awful. In some situations, the best option is simply to live.

But if you are in physical good health, I don't think that suicide is the answer. Lots of people have been there and recovered. It is your life to live, not your mother's.

Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Wow, sorry to hear about your struggles. In your culture, do you have to comply with an arranged marriage when you are gay?

Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Thank you. It depends on families but with widespread homophobia, arranged marriage is seen as a way to 'cure' homosexuality.
Is that the intention of your parents for you?

K

karankaran

I don't know anything about misophonia or about arranged marriages. We have two Indian culture experts in @pjhair and @Saurabhaj who might have advice on navigating that issue. I know that if I ever bring home a non-Jewish woman, my entire extended family will disown me. I will be cutoff. It's a stressor.

Every workplace has separate dynamics, and some are awful. In some situations, the best option is simply to live.

But if you are in physical good health, I don't think that suicide is the answer. Lots of people have been there and recovered. It is your life to live, not your mother's.

I changed my post to remove the personal info part as I shared too much information I believe.

I do not like your response. I think you are not taking homophobia that I had to deal with seriously.

Also,being in a poor mental health is a lot tougher than poor physical health.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 55827

Yeah, I had the same reaction too.

He's actually a very competent actor. He was very effective in both Moneyball and The Wolf of Wall Street.

Given that he'll never be a leading man, it might in fact be better for his career if he stay fat, that way he can keep getting sidekick roles, which are roles where he does very well.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
He's actually a very competent actor. He was very effective in both Moneyball and The Wolf of Wall Street.

Given that he'll never be a leading man, it might in fact be better for his career if he stay fat, that way he can keep getting sidekick roles, which are roles where he does very well.
you're into comic book stuff. isn't it funny how nearly every hero is super great nature (genetics) but sh*t nurture (all the dead parents and abuse and sh*t)?

you get to have society's approval yet also have society think you have it bad LOL. perfect combo

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I changed my post to remove the personal info part as I shared too much information I believe.

I do not like your response. I think you are not taking homophobia that I had to deal with seriously.

Also,being in a poor mental health is a lot tougher than poor physical health.

It's not that I don't take it seriously, it's that I don't know a lot about it.

I've been in very poor mental health as well. I started thinking and dreaming of suicide when I was 8 years old. I lost my youth to poor social skills and erectile dysfunction. I'm still a mess in spite of the happy image I put on here. The difference is that in general, I think the prospects for curing mental issues is higher than those of curing physical issues. People cure depression, but nobody cures a paraplegic. I hope that's not a cope on my part.

K

karankaran

It's not that I don't take it seriously, it's that I don't know a lot about it.

I've been in very poor mental health as well. I started thinking and dreaming of suicide when I was 8 years old. I lost my youth to poor social skills and erectile dysfunction. I'm still a mess in spite of the happy image I put on here. The difference is that in general, I think the prospects for curing mental issues is higher than those of curing physical issues. People cure depression, but nobody cures a paraplegic. I hope that's not a cope on my part.

Oh sorry to hear that.

Thank you for removing the quoted post. You are actually a very nice guy. It is a shame that straight men are so nice while most gay men I knew were not.

I am feeling better now. Thanks.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I have not told them but if I tell them, they will put me through hell so I change my mind.
You really don't know that until it happens. And if it does, you have to deal with it the best you can. Do you have any friends in similar situation that have been thru the same thing? Sometimes it helps to have a support group for different struggles in your life.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
you're into comic book stuff. isn't it funny how nearly every hero is super great nature (genetics) but sh*t nurture (all the dead parents and abuse and sh*t)?

you get to have society's approval yet also have society think you have it bad LOL. perfect combo

There's a lack of diversity in the comic book movie genre, they tend to make a few identical stories over and over again. Among that is the trope of the dead father, somehow boys can't become men until their fathers die.

Those stories are also power fantasies at their core. Captain America becomes "peak human" when he takes a serum -- why do you think that might be popular? The first thing that happens to him when he walks out of his tube is that the magnificent Peggy Carter (played by Hayley Atwell) admires his muscles.
EMkMIeA.gif

tumblr_njfe7wZyKN1th1illo1_500.gif

Isn't it interesting that Superman is more popular among Blacks, and Batman among whites? Can you guess why that might be?

K

karankaran

You really don't know that until it happens. And if it does, you have to deal with it the best you can. Do you have any friends in similar situation that have been thru the same thing? Sometimes it helps to have a support group for different struggles in your life.

I never had any gay friends. I do not get along with other gay men because most of them are just...well leave it.

When I was on facebook, I checked out the profile of people that I hooked up with and they all married women.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a lack of diversity in the comic book movie genre, they tend to make a few identical stories over and over again. Among that is the trope of the dead father, somehow boys can't become men until their fathers die.

Those stories are also power fantasies at their core. Captain America becomes "peak human" when he takes a serum -- why do you think that might be popular? The first thing that happens to him when he walks out of his tube is that the magnificent Peggy Carter (played by Hayley Atwell) admires his muscles.
View attachment 55831
View attachment 55832

Isn't it interesting that Superman is more popular among Blacks, and Batman among whites? Can you guess why that might be?
good points! all white men! lol. why i love jubilee (asian), wolverine (short), and spider man (nerdy semi incel) haha

hmm is it because superman is the only one of his race among a foreign group? or because he is the strongest of them all? lmao (inb4 hulk)

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
good points! all white men! lol. why i love jubilee (asian), wolverine (short), and spider man (nerdy semi incel) haha

hmm is it because superman is the only one of his race among a foreign group? or because he is the strongest of them all? lmao (inb4 hulk)

Film Critic Hulk had discussed it, I don't remember all the reasons, part of it is that Superman has invincibility and African Americans live in constant fear of violence.

I don't remember all the other reasons. I'll try and find them.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I never had any gay friends. I do not get along with other gay men because most of them are just...well leave it.

When I was on facebook, I checked out the profile of people that I hooked up with and they all married women.
Karan, I am sure you can find a support group where guys feel the same as you. You might be able to make some friends that way. You said most so you need to find those exceptions. Don't give up on people, there are a few great ones out there so just keep looking. We had a few guys on here who were going thru exactly the same struggles as you are so be patient and see if they post again. Maybe if they see this thread now, they may contact you by PM.