The Frequent "official" Origin Of My Recent Failures With Women

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Goddamn, that is depressing, and motivational at the same time.

Also, yes, I love Walter because of the power fantasy. Loved LOVED the finale shootout scene.

BTW, did Walter have erectile dysfunction?

Yup, Walter can't perform in bed, it's why the sex he does have is via hand job, as shown in the first episode.

Does he ever get sex after that?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, Walter can't perform in bed, it's why the sex he does have is via hand job, as shown in the first episode.

Does he ever get sex after that?

Doesn't he give Skylar a proper f*****g in the 2nd/3rd episode (i can't remember, been years), the day when he's feeling reinvigorated/alive, confronting the bully at the clothes store etc.

The birthday hand job was just to show how boring and vanilla their marriage was? And his ED was a reflection of his lack of excitement or feeling "alive".

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't he give Skylar a proper f*****g in the 2nd/3rd episode (i can't remember, been years), the day when he's feeling reinvigorated/alive, confronting the bully at the clothes store etc.

The birthday hand job was just to show how boring and vanilla their marriage was? And his ED was a reflection of his lack of excitement or feeling "alive".

If he got reinvigorated then that's the point. His ED was psychological I think.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I agree with you I thought it was boredom..also she was pregnant that to me was a sign they had sex often enough.
I don't equate boredom, lack of interest or even laziness with ED. I could be wrong I don't know a lot about it.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with you I thought it was boredom..also she was pregnant that to me was a sign they had sex often enough.
I don't equate boredom, lack of interest or even laziness with ED. I could be wrong I don't know a lot about it.

yeah i wouldn't class a one-time thing like that as ED. especially a half-arsed handjob from Skylar of all people. i think she's reading a book at the same time too, i mean eye contact is mandatory for a good handjob. Walter proves he can perform in bed in the next episode

i remember one time being so drunk that it was like trying to stuff a marshmallow through a keyhole. i know that's not really the same but it can happen when there's no sexual excitement

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah i wouldn't class a one-time thing like that as ED. especially a half-arsed handjob from Skylar of all people. i think she's reading a book at the same time too, i mean eye contact is mandatory for a good handjob. Walter proves he can perform in bed in the next episode

i remember one time being so drunk that it was like trying to stuff a marshmallow through a keyhole. i know that's not really the same but it can happen when there's no sexual excitement

It's not a one-time thing. The show establishes that it was a long-running problem, from the fact that Skyler is keeping track and counting. It's also the pilot episode so it's meant to show the prior steady-state of their lives. Character arcs begin from the pilot onwards.

blackg

Reaction score

Okay, enough of this Breaking Bad garbage.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, enough of this Breaking Bad garbage.

It's one of the greatest shows ever.

Best I've seen, not in order: The Wire, Breaking Bad, Deadwood, Buffy/Angel, Babylon 5

The core of Breaking Bad is somewhat exhausted (American white male power fantasy), but everything is done well, the acting, the cinematography, the pacing, the writing, et cetera, and of course it's a better take on the power fantasy than superhero movies.

Jesse Pinkman's arc is very good too.

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's one of the greatest shows ever.

Best I've seen, not in order: The Wire, Breaking Bad, Deadwood, Buffy/Angel, Babylon 5

The core of Breaking Bad is somewhat exhausted (American white male power fantasy), but everything is done well, the acting, the cinematography, the pacing, the writing, et cetera, and of course it's a better take on the power fantasy than superhero movies.

Jesse Pinkman's arc is very good too.
Why do you even waste your valuable time answering him? It's like casting pearls before swine.

I agree, The Wire and Breaking Bad are the first two best TV series of all time.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not a one-time thing. The show establishes that it was a long-running problem, from the fact that Skyler is keeping track and counting

Is this in another scene? The keeping track and counting? I just watched the handjob scene and she's watching an online auction or something whilst doing it.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you even waste your valuable time answering him? It's like casting pearls before swine.

I agree, The Wire and Breaking Bad are the first two best TV series of all time.

I like Blackg and we've had some good conversations. I did notice his posting style evolve in recent months from which I assumed that he's experiencing personal problems.

You also need to have compassion for @blackg and his limitations and what he has to deal with in his difficult life. He is born in the Australian outback. He's never had running water in his apartment, the only meat he eats is emu, he thinks that vegemite is good food, his dog was eaten by a crocodile, and his last seven cars have been stolen by the people you saw in Mad Max: Fury Road. This is the view from his window:

madmaxfuryroad28-400x267.jpg

Imagine how much crankier you'd be if you had to deal with so many bald people.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this in another scene? The keeping track and counting? I just watched the handjob scene and she's watching an online auction or something whilst doing it.

I think she celebrated being able to get him off in 50 strokes or less.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

The Wire is the best TV series ever made. I've watched it through about 3 times I think. Sopranos would be my 2nd favorite.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
oh marone! stop whatever the f*** you're doing and binge watch it right now

imma let you finish but Gandolfini's performance as Tony Soprano is just...one of the greatest on-screen characters OF ALL TIME YO

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Personally a pregnant late 30-early 40s wife--does not equate to an on going erectile dysfunction to me as symbolism or foreshadowing for a man near 50.
I never had impression they did any medical incemination. This would have been most likely route to mention if he had on going technical 'ED'.
But i don't know I would think ED in his 50s he would just be on v****.
I think v**** actually works even if mental/psychological/depression.

yes 'whiskey dick' is not ED in my opinion.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my list of three all-favourite tv series:

1) The Wire
2) Breaking Bad
3)Sopranos

You must watch it, seriously, you missed a lot.

There's a lot of great TV that I have not watched, and a lot of great cinema that I have not watched, at least I have that to look forward to in life.

I was roommating with a literature student years ago (before Breaking Bad) and one of her professors told her that everybody should watch The Wire, The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, and Sex and the City. I've watched two of those four. Six Feet Under is also excellent.

Want to watch, not in order, probably forgetting many:
The Sopranos
Sex and the City
Jessica Jones
The Defenders
Fargo
House
Better Call Saul
The Last Ship
Silicon Valley
The Crown
Sense8 season 2
The Handmaid's Tale
Dear White People
John Oliver

And if you include movies the list is super long :)

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same top 3 for me, and I really can't rank them.

Amazing TV shows.

I never saw The Wire.
I used to like Oz I am not sure how that would hold up over time though. It was sometime painful to watch. I think for straight men it is probably like mental torture.

A recent show I had really high hopes for was Vinyl.
I was really bummed they did not give it a 2nd season to see how it would develop.
I knew a lot of people involved with Vinyl and it came as a shock to all when it was canceled. No warning.
The art direction alone was fantastic.
I found Ray Romanos acting chops really impressive.. (who knew?) Thats great directors/show runners.