The Frequent "official" Origin Of My Recent Failures With Women

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
The woman I met this week did write back to me, to say that doesn't think that we have the connection that she's looking for. Enough f*****g disappointment from f*****g women, I'm taking a break. I've had 11, 12 dates this year or so, the ones that I wanted to meet again didn't want to meet me and vice versa. My threshold for success are the obese girls and the women older than me. I've removed my stagnant matches from bumble and tinder, I might log on again but not for a while.

In hindsight the date argued with me on a bunch of things, I'm not sure if I should have argued back, I didn't. Arguing back makes me look argumentative, not arguing makes me look like a doormat, but probably it doesn't matter as the fact she kept contradicting me on stuff means she wasn't interested so my behaviour is ultimately irrelevant. For example I knew she liked to travel to Asia, so a few minutes into her date I mention that Japan is the Asian country I most want to see. She says "of course, it's the most modern, most western" which is a really baseless and condescending assumption. I asked her about her dating experiences, at first she said she didn't want to come off as a b**ch and then I got her to open up. She says she sees a lot of medical residents, she likes the idea of being with a doctor but they're too busy with work, she doesn't want to wait six years for company, which is what her mother tells her to do. She also said that some of them are not as smart as one would expect. She says she never sees Attendings on the dating apps, which means that by the end of medical school the residents find partners in spite of always being busy.

What it comes down to, with this few-months dating experience, on the plus side, i did get experience and i did know that at least obese women will be interested in me, as they have no other options. I saw a bit of the range in women's behaviour which is mostly due to whether or not they're attracted, and not their intrinsic personality. I did get to see different restaurants and movies too, and also Lego Batman. I'm in my 30s now, so colleagues at work rarely want to go out as they go home to their families after work.

On the downside, it actually does affect my ego to be so rigidly rejected, so consistently, so I need a break. I'm no longer as confident in other aspects of life. In general, people say "have more confidence", but it's not a switch one can just dial up or down. I'm cognizant of my successes and failures. Confidence will go up if I have successes and go down if I have failures. When people think they're attracted to confidence, there's a bit of truth, but mostly they're attracted to the person who is so awesome that they know success very well.

I have other things I could be doing. I'd like to do more research for a while, and start volounteering more, and cooking more, and exercising more. It will improve my temperament. It's also an issue that this obsession with looks and dating is vain and personality-destroying. Good looking people find love effortlessly, so they can focus on interesting things that matter like watching movies, travelling, their careers, etc.

In terms of looks, I'm almost done losing weight and can finally buy clothes soon, my modest regrowth is maintaining, I've started invisalign, and I've started exercising after a post-surgery break. I'm also on a course of antibiotics to get rid of acne on my upper back and shoulders, not something women care about but it bothers me and the use of f*****g creams is a distraction and changes what clothes I can wear. Surgical options include LASIK, hair transplant, and a rhinoplasty, but the cost is prohibitive as I need a financial savings buffer given my lack of a safety net, and it's hard to know what effect these will have. I am at the point of worrying that the benefit will be minimal.

Your reports are always interesting, thanks for writing these posts.

On the downside, it actually does affect my ego to be so rigidly rejected, so consistently, so I need a break. I'm no longer as confident in other aspects of life. In general, people say "have more confidence", but it's not a switch one can just dial up or down. I'm cognizant of my successes and failures. Confidence will go up if I have successes and go down if I have failures. When people think they're attracted to confidence, there's a bit of truth, but mostly they're attracted to the person who is so awesome that they know success very well.

It's amazing how almost no one is talking about this. There is a giant push to get more women into science, yet no one talks about how to improve the mental health of men already in this field. About what constant rejection does to you.
Good looking people find love effortlessly, so they can focus on interesting things that matter like watching movies, travelling, their careers, etc.
We've talked about the halo effect. Lately I been finding myself applying it in reverse. Whenever I see someone with above average aesthetics, I question what advantage he/she has had.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
What is this unexpected optimism from the likes of Dante ?

Dante is changing. Some weeks ago he made a non-misogynistic penis joke.

I'm happy for him.

I hope he gets lucky with the ladies when he goes to the UK this summer.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your reports are always interesting, thanks for writing these posts.

It's amazing how almost no one is talking about this. There is a giant push to get more women into science, yet no one talks about how to improve the mental health of men already in this field. About what constant rejection does to you.

We've talked about the halo effect. Lately I been finding myself applying it in reverse. Whenever I see someone with above average aesthetics, I question what advantage he/she has had.

Yup, what dominates the halo effect is the accumulated privilege of living an easy life and having had more life experiences and fewer expenses along the way.

As for men in science, most of my peers have wives/partners. Some of them developed social skills earlier, some are better looking, some of them shall we say settled, and others fit in better.

We discuss looks a lot but socioeconomic class matters too. I'm in an environment where people are the children of engineers, investment bankers, academics, diplomats, doctors, lawyers, etc. My dad ran a struggling small business and my mother stayed at home. So I don't fit in which amplifies problems.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
We discuss looks a lot but socioeconomic class matters too. I'm in an environment where people are the children of engineers, investment bankers, academics, diplomats, doctors, lawyers, etc. My dad ran a struggling small business and my mother stayed at home. So I don't fit in which amplifies problems.

Your environment is not dominated by immigrants? Immigrants usually result in a huge variance in background, so almost any background becomes "normal".

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a Georgia outside the USA?

Oh right, now I remember, that's the place that President Bush rescued from Vladimir Putin in 1997 ! Russia spontaneously invaded Georgia, Bush stared them down and the Russian troops retreated to the Russia - South Ossetia border.

J/K ;-)

Not sure what was in 1997 but in 2008 georgian army was raped and South Ossetia has been liberated after georgian aggression.

Anyway it wasn't a big war and you can easily travel to Georgia as russian.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your environment is not dominated by immigrants? Immigrants usually result in a huge variance in background, so almost any background becomes "normal".

I don't see a lot of immigrants. There are some people who trace the upper classes of China/India/etc, they often get their science education in the USA.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure what was in 1997 but in 2008 georgian army was raped and South Ossetia has been liberated after georgian aggression.

Anyway it wasn't a big war and you can easily travel to Georgia as russian.

It was a joke on my part. I was mocking popular ignorance. I'm aware of the key summaries of what happened.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was a joke on my part. I was mocking popular ignorance. I'm aware of the key summaries of what happened.

Joke was too tight :) anyway not sure why 1997?

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to get the date wrong and maximize lack of knowledge of history.

There was a war in Chechnya in ~1997 there russian army got raped and it's very painful topic still.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've gotten almost excellent on my native language final exam which is much more comprehensive than english and anyway I do not discriminate people on their grammar. Let alone non-native speakers.

And yes, you are attention wh*** and retard without any detected hairloss by tons of photo you've posted. What reaction do you expect from people who got baldness sickness for real?

He's new to the forum. He's just asking hair related questions. So what?

He's asking. Someone can answer.

rclark has taken over the top spot for biggest shitposter here. Sunchyme will have to up his game.

And there's even MORE sh*t to come. I never run out of it.

In fact right now I'm CONSTIPATED, AND MOANING ON THE TOILET!

Just thought EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW... CAN ANYBODY ACTUALLY BEAT SUNCHYME1?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats a 'famous' image from late 70s/early 80s fashion.

View attachment 52730

Those were the days. Back when I was a teenager.

Believe it or not, I actually smoked pot right in the open, freshmen year of high school.

This was at Six Flags Great Adventure! The roller coasters were so much more fun.

My friend was black, I looked like a motorcycle rider. We did it in front of the entrance.

Nobody BOTHERED OR QUESTIONED us. And this was in OPEN DAYLIGHT!

blackg

Reaction score
Take my picture OFF. I find that highly offensive. How would you feel if you were bald,
in your forties, and white with no hope and prospects?

Very insensitive David, seriously.

DANTE92, stop LAUGHING YOUR *** OFF! IT's not funny. This will be you in FIVE YEARS!
I like your use of color in the text.
Also.. Are you OK?

blackg

Reaction score
I've gotten almost excellent on my native language final exam which is much more comprehensive than english and anyway I do not discriminate people on their grammar. Let alone non-native speakers.

And yes, you are attention wh*** and retard without any detected hairloss by tons of photo you've posted. What reaction do you expect from people who got baldness sickness for real?
Well said.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
You speak total sense my friend !

It's refreshing m to read posts from someone who understands the purpose of a hairloss forum and looks at posts objectively and not solely from a personal viewpoint.Too many posters on here assess others' hairloss situations in a personal way which can influence their response , especially if they have more advanced hair loss than the person posting!

image-jpeg.52702

image-jpeg.52706

image-jpeg.52596

"""hairloss"""

at 30yo

Get
The
Fuck
Out

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh Man! I am 30 and I would die to have such hair. Look at the freaking crown! sh*t dude - as gordon ramsey would say 'f*** me!'

Do you think he has slight hairloss on the crown? Maybe I'm wrong about this, because I thought he had slower hair loss than normal, but some hairloss.

I lost it on the hairline first, but there are guys here who've lost it crown first.

My hairline is just so bad, and I'm 47, so maybe it is the hairline?