The Frequent "official" Origin Of My Recent Failures With Women

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought so initially, but just to clarify after Bear talked about mental health underneath your post.

tumblr_n98h58EEhg1spnc0yo1_500.gif

Surprised to see a Vampire Diaries reference from you lol.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
LOL I'll never see such a sum in my whole life. Not with all the taxes I've gotta pay in this shithole..

You have GOT to be shitting me. $30,000 isnt all that much to save over 5-6 years.

You really need to move out of Milan.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Soooo giving up to my job and start all over again, risking to never find such a well-paid job which I actually like ever again, ruining my career for the prospect of saving money for a tiny chance of getting a mediocre hair transplant. Sounds good, sounds fun.

I have no idea what your financial situation, but I want to point out that it's harder to save money if one is miserable. Depression, anxiety, bitterness, and unhappiness make one prone to more wasteful spending. You also have less willpower to figure out how to make your dollars stretch.

Since we're discussing apartment, mine costs ~$1,200/month. If I had been more depressed, I might be living in an inferior place that costs ~$1,500/month. I did see some when apartment hunting. It's just the case that a lot of things are harder if one is poor, miserable, or otherwise disadvantaged. There are solutions in the world, sometimes, but they're not necessarily in reach.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no idea what your financial situation, but I want to point out that it's harder to save money if one is miserable. Depression, anxiety, bitterness, and unhappiness make one prone to more wasteful spending. You also have less willpower to figure out how to make your dollars stretch.

This is true. I was mentally wrecked after my divorce and wasted enormous amount of money chasing small pleasures as a relief. I just didn't give a f*** anymore. There were times when I blew over $2500 in a single night. It continued for 2-3 years and took huge financial toll on me. I have mostly recovered from those crazy days now though.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
:eek:
Makes me realise I am so poor!!! Damn

My income is higher than average Americans but I am not rich. I just didn't give a f***. I couldn't really afford spending so much money consistently and hence that left me with zero savings and a huge credit card debt. But as I am more stable now, my debt is going down really fast. But still, had I not wasted all that money, it would have been a lot easier for me to pay for my masters degree. Now I have to rely on student loans.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Soooo giving up to my job and start all over again, risking to never find such a well-paid job which I actually like ever again,

Does not compute.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I see, though that is not about what one want. In Paris you have to earn 3 times what you pay as a rent or almost nobody will rent you an appartement

This is pre-tax income, right?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
For a lot of people, it's not easy to just randomly move.

I never said it would be easy. As a nomad, I'm aware of the hardships involved. However, as someone from a non-western country, I'm acutely aware of the mobility benefits that an EU citizenship bestows.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
if it went on for 3 years, I can not imagine how much you have lost.

I probably lost close to $50K in cash. If I add $75 K that I lost in restricted stock units because I changed job to save my marriage, the total financial toll that the whole nightmare caused comes to be around $125K.

Financial woes aside, my main gripe is the opportunity cost of the whole thing. I have been accepted for MS in Computer Science by NYU. It's a golden opportunity but I am having doubts about attending as it will cost me $140 K . Since I don't have any saving I will have to rely on student loans. As I am scared of taking so much debt, I am having doubts about going to NYU. Had I not wasted so much money in the past, I wouldn't need these loans and could have attended NYU with no worries.