The Frequent "official" Origin Of My Recent Failures With Women

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
:)
You are refering to École normale supérieure ^^ it is not a private school.
Do you know I almost entered it? :) I failed but was pretty close to get it. :-(
That is an elite university Pas!
You must be very bright.

Can't you move to Brussels or Geneva? Are there no other French speaking cities with publishing houses?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I do but I have no saving and if I go to college I wouldn't be able to work so my current income is meaningless.

Why don't you have savings? You've been working for a decade AFAIK?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I learned recently that French citizens were not taxed directly, they got their gross salary and then they had to pay taxes once a year.

Is it the same in the US?

In Belgium, it's all stripped from your monthly salary.

In France, it must be nice to feel rich for a few months.

US also strips away approximate tax money. Sometimes you have to pay a little bit more to the tax man at the end of the fiscal year if they didn't take out enough.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Thanks Cap. It is the elite school indeed. Makes the failing even bitter tasting!
Anyways. My field does not pay much.
I have no network on those cities and publishing is only based on that. But thanks for the suggestion. I may consider move and teach philosophy in another city, but for now I have to stay here for personal reasons.

Best wishes Pas, I hope lots of €€€€€ in your bank account in the future :)

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I have been working full time for six years. Like I said earlier, I don't have any money because of my uncontrolled spending. You can't save any if you spend more than you make, even if you make a million dollars a year.

My bad. No, six years is not enough to build a savings nest if you get hiccups along the way. I thought you were like 40 years old.

But I think you will be easily able to pay off the loans, very fast. Another thing to consider is that you will probably have internships in the summer, which will pay $$$.

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's because paid money to see you at the zoo.

marquee_5.jpg

Polar-bear.jpg

8154537_G.jpg

Fred, you attention wh***. :D

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
That's the same as us then.

It's not called taxes here, but "contributions".

Euphemisms.

Heh. "Contributions" where you don't have a choice. If self-employed, then without these "contributions" you "get" free lodging in a jailhouse.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I have no network on those cities and publishing is only based on that.

It just occurred to me that Bear lives in Brussels. You can ask him to keep you in mind when networking. It might be worth it to print some business cards and give some to him

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
My bad. No, six years is not enough to build a savings nest if you get hiccups along the way. I thought you were like 40 years old.

But I think you will be easily able to pay off the loans, very fast. Another thing to consider is that you will probably have internships in the summer, which will pay $$$.

Not 40 yet man :D. I am 35. But even at 35, going into $140K debt is somewhat daunting. It would be different, if I was 25.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't speak for all women but me personally I do give my number to the ones I want to meet and switch to texting because i get confused with the apps--this can be my old age though ;)

One thing i learnt on the apps is NOT to make as many matches as I cant it's too much and I wind up talking to no one...I now limit it to a few a time and clean out my list. Try to focus on one at a time than multi chats.

Bumble by the way SOOOO much better than Tinder from my perspective. I would think for men too.
It just seems to waste less time.

Ohhh... To many matches – big problem!

2500€ in one night, that's a lot of grafts :(.

I have no idea what I'm going to pay for my second FUE (should be about 2500-3000 grafts).

De Reys just told me that he would make me a "very good price".

he better do! I bet many of his patients went through your info

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got approved for federal loans so interest is around 6.5. Private banks were asking around 10%.

What a big f*****g difference. There's a risk that the interest rate could skyrocket if you miss a few payments, check the fine print. That's one of the weapons they use to enslave people into debt peonage.

For several years, I was broke and running a balance on my credit card. I had no choice. I just had a running $10,000 balance for several years. Now it's paid off -- thank god. In that time I stuck with a bank of america credit card. The benefits were small -- a bit of cash back, but I kept it because it had an interest rate of 7.90% and now 8.15%. I have no idea how I got such a low interest rate, and they keep trying to get me to change, but I'm sticking with that card because it's a good benefit to have in case the sh*t hits the fan.

I did miss one payment over the years, because I forgot to pay lol. I was glad that there was no punishment.

What I should do, now that I'm not running a balance, is get one of those amazing credit cards affiliated with airlines, where you get a free flight of years, you get bumped up to higher priority boarding, and they give you a ton of miles. Apparently they give the best deals. Given where I live, that should be with southwest, they use the local airport as a hub.