The Frequent "official" Origin Of My Recent Failures With Women

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
What a big f*****g difference. There's a risk that the interest rate could skyrocket if you miss a few payments, check the fine print. That's one of the weapons they use to enslave people into debt peonage.

For several years, I was broke and running a balance on my credit card. I had no choice. I just had a running $10,000 balance for several years. Now it's paid off -- thank god. In that time I stuck with a bank of america credit card. The benefits were small -- a bit of cash back, but I kept it because it had an interest rate of 7.90% and now 8.15%. I have no idea how I got such a low interest rate, and they keep trying to get me to change, but I'm sticking with that card because it's a good benefit to have in case the sh*t hits the fan.

I did miss one payment over the years, because I forgot to pay lol. I was glad that there was no punishment.

What I should do, now that I'm not running a balance, is get one of those amazing credit cards affiliated with airlines, where you get a free flight of years, you get bumped up to higher priority boarding, and they give you a ton of miles. Apparently they give the best deals. Given where I live, that should be with southwest, they use the local airport as a hub.

You should consider getting southwest card. I have one. When you sign up, you get 50,000 points for free. I eked out 2 free round trip tickets out of that. Then on completion of the first year, you get 5000 points. You get one point each dollar you spend using the card which accumulates fast. Although you do pay $90 a year for card fee but it's worth it.

For my masters, I have option to either take out loan and go to NYU or move back to Dallas and go to University of Texas, Dallas. I have been accepted there too. The benefit of going to UTD is that I will be able to keep my job and take classes in the evening. It will take me longer to finish my masters as I will be doing it part time but my debt will only be 35K instead of 140K. But UTD is not as reputed as NYU and the quality of education, though good, is not NYU level which rivals Stanford and Cornell in it's Machine Learning courses. I will be able to command higher salary with NYU as well. Income of $200K to $250K is not unheard of in the field I am planning to enter, but I am not sure how common is it.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
For my masters, I have option to either take out loan and go to NYU or move back to Dallas and go to University of Texas, Dallas. I have been accepted there too. The benefit of going to UTD is that I will be able to keep my job and take classes in the evening. It will take me longer to finish my masters as I will be doing it part time but my debt will only be 35K instead of 140K. But UTD is not as reputed as NYU and the quality of education, though good, is not NYU level which rivals Stanford and Cornell in it's Machine Learning courses. I will be able to command higher salary with NYU as well. Income of $200K to $250K is not unheard of in the field I am planning to enter, but I am not sure how common is it.

Looking purely from an investment POV, assuming you get a job with 150k salary, won't you be able to pay off the 140k debt in 3 years? Looks like 150k nets you about 95k after taxes. Probably higher with loan deductions.
https://smartasset.com/taxes/income-taxes

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
For several years, I was broke and running a balance on my credit card. I had no choice. I just had a running $10,000 balance for several years. Now it's paid off -- thank god. In that time I stuck with a bank of america credit card. The benefits were small -- a bit of cash back, but I kept it because it had an interest rate of 7.90% and now 8.15%. I have no idea how I got such a low interest rate, and they keep trying to get me to change, but I'm sticking with that card because it's a good benefit to have in case the sh*t hits the fan.

That's an amazing rate!! The lowest rate I ever had was 14% or so I think.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking purely from an investment POV, assuming you get a job with 150k salary, won't you be able to pay off the 140k debt in 3 years? Looks like 150k nets you about 95k after taxes. Probably higher with loan deductions.
https://smartasset.com/taxes/income-taxes

Depends on some crucial factors. For example, if I find a job in San Fransisco or New York(where many high paying jobs in my field are), it may be somewhat harder as the expenses in these cities is enormous. My friend just moved to SF and his apartment rent is $2500 a month. Add in other monthly expenses and paying off $140K in 3 years sounds like a stretch.

One of my friend landed a job in Tesla and they gave him $100K in stocks as signing bonus which is now valued at $150K. If I can land a job like that then paying off student loans will be a lot easier. One of my friend who is also in software field has been urging me to attend NYU for precisely the same reason. He thinks my income potential after masters will be high enough to easily pay off the loans. I am not sure though.

Last edited:

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not to mention sucking the boss's c*** in his office to advance their career. I tried it once and I got fired and sued.

Joking aside, this image sums up life for men and women:

Ih42ACe.jpg
They will all die no matter where they are on the spectrum. If theres nothing but void it doesnt really matter what you do unless you manage to escape in a post singularity period and ascend past death through that (doubtful if this will ever happen).

If God exists be sure that the instagram famous girl doesn't want to be with him she just wants herself and validation and that will be her hell.

It's tough I know but maybe converting to orthodoxy will give you some peace of mind I know it did me (in combination with finasteride and going out ofcourse :D ).

It's unfortunate that you grew up in Italy where Christianity is a fake heresy.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Taking finasteride is very unfortunate for me I jeopardize my mental health by doing so. But I couldn't win baldness it caused me crippling depression.

I hope brotzu delivers soon.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not to mention sucking the boss's c*** in his office to advance their career. I tried it once and I got fired and sued.

Ih42ACe.jpg
Also Im probably bullshitting here if I was a bald 160cm ugly manlet I would prob be a mental wreck regardless

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Depends on some crucial factors. For example, if I find a job in San Fransisco or New York(where many high paying jobs in my field are), it may be somewhat harder as the expenses in these cities is enormous. My friend just moved to SF and his apartment rent is $2500 a month. Add in other monthly expenses and paying off $140K in 3 years sounds like a stretch.

One of my friend landed a job in Tesla and they gave him $100K in stocks as signing bonus which is now valued at $150K. If I can land a job like that then paying off student loans will be a lot easier. One of my friend who is also in software field has been urging me to attend NYU for precisely the same reason. He thinks my income potential after masters will be high enough to easily pay off the loans. I am not sure though.

You needn't rent in SFO. With an excellent metro line, you could live in a nearby city where rents are more reasonable. New York might be similar.
Even assuming a $2k rent, with 1.5k (very generous) additional monthly expenditure, that is 43k per year. With 150k income, you get 95k net after taxes according to the tax website I linked. So you should be able to pay off 50k per year.

What am I missing?

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
You needn't rent in SFO. With an excellent metro line, you could live in a nearby city where rents are more reasonable. New York might be similar.
Even assuming a $2k rent, with 1.5k (very generous) additional monthly expenditure, that is 43k per year. With 150k income, you get 95k net after taxes according to the tax website I linked. So you should be able to pay off 50k per year.

What am I missing?

You are missing my crazy spending habits :D. I also have $25K worth of old debt . I send $400 every month to my parents as well. But I think overall you are making a really good argument. Even considering my old debt and the money I send to my parents, I should be able to pay off the student loan in around 3 years. 3.5 max. But that is assuming I will be able to control spending. Thanks for your input! I had pretty much given up on the idea of going to NYU. I even put down $300 in application fee for an apartment in Dallas. However, I will seriously re-evaluate all my options now.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personality goes a long way though in keeping interest, even if it's not necessary for the initial part when girls make effort. Shookwun once said, I'm one of the few people on here who is mentally stable with no major handicaps that can impact dating. It goes a long way, especially on this forum it seems.

Time to face reality bro

Even Chad is living the life of "hot guy lite" compared to you

Never lifted a finger to get a woman's attention, and feel a 9/10 is expendable

Take a minute to ponder that, and that the MAJORITY of guys STRUGGLE just to get their foot in the door with 6/10's

f*****g lol at this life I'm living :D:D

Last edited:

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
By the way @CaptainForehead , here is an article that my friend sent me. It details how even people with very high income are barely scraping by in SF due to high rent.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/24/twitter-employee-earning-160000-says-hes-barely-making-ends-meet.html

It doesn't detail sh*t, and I'd like to punch that twitter employee in the face.
He says his biggest expenditure is the 3000 monthly rent. That comes out to 36k per year.
According to https://smartasset.com/taxes/income-taxes his after tax income is 105.
WTF is he doing with the rest of his 69k dollars? Hookers and cocaine?

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't detail sh*t, and I'd like to punch that twitter employee in the face.
He says his biggest expenditure is the 3000 monthly rent. That comes out to 36k per year.
According to https://smartasset.com/taxes/income-taxes his after tax income is 105.
WTF is he doing with the rest of his 69k dollars? Hookers and cocaine?

It's articles like this that discourage me. Thanks for providing me your insight into the matter. I really need to gain more financial acumen.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
They will all die no matter where they are on the spectrum. If theres nothing but void it doesnt really matter what you do unless you manage to escape in a post singularity period and ascend past death through that (doubtful if this will ever happen).

If God exists be sure that the instagram famous girl doesn't want to be with him she just wants herself and validation and that will be her hell.

It's tough I know but maybe converting to orthodoxy will give you some peace of mind I know it did me (in combination with finasteride and going out ofcourse :D ).

It's unfortunate that you grew up in Italy where Christianity is a fake heresy.

I've been thinking about going back to church. I went on Easter for the first time in a while. I think I want to find a new church though and possibly convert to a different denomination.

I grew up a Protestant and I do enjoy being part of the community

Probably kind of fucked up but one of the biggest obstacles right now is that it would cut into my gym time lol. I almost always count on Sunday morning to work out

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE="kj6723, post: 1483116, member: 119327"]I've been thinking about going back to church.

one of the biggest obstacles right now is that it would cut into my gym time lol. t[/QUOTE]

LOL that gave me a genuine chuckle.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE="kj6723, post: 1483116, member: 119327"]I've been thinking about going back to church.

one of the biggest obstacles right now is that it would cut into my gym time lol. t

LOL that gave me a genuine chuckle.[/QUOTE]

Lol I take fitness very seriously

You think it's a game out here @hairblues? :D

You should see me when I work out too....all business

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
It's articles like this that discourage me. Thanks for providing me your insight into the matter. I really need to gain more financial acumen.
In general, you should discount any article which contains claims by couples that they cannot afford a home with their 1 million dollar salary.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

Ih42ACe.jpg

living as ugly female is sh*t as well but at least you can go full feminazi

living as extreme handsome male > living as extreme beautiful female

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
living as ugly female is sh*t as well but at least you can go full feminazi

living as extreme handsome male > living as extreme beautiful female

a woman's value is still more tied to her looks than it is for male though the divide has got much smaller recently

i would be a 10/10 male over 10/10 female any day

wIxCCUr.png