Tinder, Bumble, And Other Dating Sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you actually want this stuff? The social media circle-jerk?

either way congratulations, you've joined esteemed company in my signature

I just want stress-free life.

Male life is a f*****g joke nowadays even 7+/10.

I also want DHT-resistant follicles.

For a reference I restrained from social media 5 years ago or so.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a date scheduled for next week, different girl. She said she just moved here and she's disappointed in the quality of the local restaurants..

inb4 she suggests Baskin Robbins

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
mate if i could give you and copeforlife a 100 likes each i would. i feel like ive done thousand sit ups after reading your posts.

I still cant stop laughing

Edit: just noticed you're shopping for fat girls - you have my condolences

This is f*****g gold.

That "Edit" notation magnifies.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Best of luck. Having seen a few pictures of you, I'm impressed you've managed to find yourself so many takers (no offense). How are you meeting these woman? I loled at the 'first base' bit: sad, but true.

Edit: just noticed you're shopping for fat girls - you have my condolences. If it makes you feel any better, the last girl I tried to hit on was carrying an extra 30 pound or so as well. Naturally, she rejected me in a heartbeat. Any hole's a goal brother. Keep living that #studlife

funniest thing ive read in a long time

im still wiping the tears from my face

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since over 90% of women on Tinder were not my type(in the city where I live), I tried Bumble last night. The quality of women is VASTLY better. Since joining last night I have around five matches and one of them initiated conversation with me. It may be too early to tell but Bumble seems to be a better app than Tinder, at least where I live. But that may only last until all the women who are on Tinder also create a Bumble account.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
And why are you claiming that women want 'whiter' men? I don't think your skin colour's the root of your problems.

I agree with this. I am a brown guy and my skin color has never been issue. Some of my brown friends do fairly well with women. For men, facial structure is what matters the most. Skin color is not a significant issue unless you are chasing Asian women raised in Asia who go crazy over white skin.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
On this forum, I'm called average looking for a man, and Felicity Jones is called an average-looking woman. Nope, not consistent.

I do think many of you are extremely hard on women when rating them.

Since over 90% of women on Tinder were not my type(in the city where I live), I tried Bumble last night. The quality of women is VASTLY better. Since joining last night I have around five matches and one of them initiated conversation with me. It may be too early to tell but Bumble seems to be a better app than Tinder, at least where I live. But that may only last until all the women who are on Tinder also create a Bumble account.
The women on bumble definitely seem substantially more attractive, on average. But I'm not as good looking as you are -- I got 4 talking matches after 1 week, not 5 after 1 day, admittedly I don't know how many thousands of girls you swiped (J/K).

It is annoying that these dating site users keep migrating. I feel like I need to be young and cool to know who is using what.

When gmail started, I got a gmail account on the very first day I could, that's how "with it" I used to be.

I only found out about bumble because a friend is using it, I wonder if it's supplanted tinder for several years now or something.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
On this forum, I'm called average looking for a man, and Felicity Jones is called an average-looking woman. Nope, not consistent.

The women on bumble definitely seem substantially more attractive, on average. But I'm not as good looking as you are -- I got 4 talking matches after 1 week, not 5 after 1 day, admittedly I don't know how many thousands of girls you swiped (J/K).

It is annoying that these dating site users keep migrating. I feel like I need to be young and cool to know who is using what.

When gmail started, I got a gmail account on the very first day I could, that's how "with it" I used to be.

I only found out about bumble because a friend is using it, I wonder if it's supplanted tinder for several years now or something.

In my experience it is definitely harder to get matches on Bumble than Tinder. While I might get 20-30 matches on Tinder a week, I get like 3-4 MAX on Bumble a week. And that is with me not even be THAT picky (I basically say "yes" to everyone as long as they aren't like 300 lbs or someone that I know (like girls in my program)).

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score

your a bit of a nutter arent you david

i love this forum

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone said I was a hair loss fraud earlier. I'm not, I've had some benefit from treatments and from better haircuts.

This is the level of diffuse thinning I had before starting treatment, with a buzz cut:
2016-03-19%2019.55.03_zpsrxcvlw3u.jpg

This is me a couple years ago with a relative, no treatments and no concealing haircut:

As you can see the receded hairline + widow's peak exacerbates problems. In contrast, this is me at 21, prior to hair loss, pretending to eat a lot of food:
1909689_513352685077_4263_n.jpg

Without treatments, if I were to quit the minoxidil and the RU right now, I'd probably be NW3 within a couple months. It's not a good look for me. I'm on this forum as a preventative measure really, I don't need baldness in addition to my other problems.

Last edited:

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone said I was a hair loss fraud earlier. I'm not, I've had some benefit from treatments and from better haircuts.

This is the level of diffuse thinning I had before starting treatment, with a buzz cut:
2016-03-19%2019.55.03_zpsrxcvlw3u.jpg

This is me a couple years ago with a relative, no treatments and no concealing haircut:
1796591_10101487769325277_711584268_n.jpg

As you can see the receded hairline + widow's peak exacerbates problems. In contrast, this is me at 21, prior to hair loss, pretending to eat a lot of food:
1909689_513352685077_4263_n.jpg

Without treatments, if I were to quit the minoxidil and the RU right now, I'd probably be NW3 within a couple months. It's not a good look for me. I'm on this forum as a preventative measure really, I don't need baldness in addition to my other problems.

not surprise you have weight problems

wear a buzzcut with a bit grown hair on top like on a pic before you look low inhib arab

on these pics you are maximum beta male

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
david, all we talk about in this subsection of the forum is looks (and you being a right-wing extremist for not liking Obama)

your underwhelming success in dating apps is because of your looks. i don't know how you are in person but you are obviously intellectual, interesting (in my opinion), well read and quite perceptive. i'd love to just gaze it into your eyes over a candelit meal while you talked to me about astronomy (nohomo)

i do believe if you looksmax you can go up 1-2 points which is f*****g huge. you know this. it's hella lot of effort and money but this is the reality of your situation. i agree with hairblues about rhinoplasty, possibly braces + whitening. easy wins like grow a f*****g decent beard, stylish glasses + and a style to suit your look. run beard game if possible because your jaw is quite weak (see Dan Bilzerian shaved - f*****g nobody). hair transplant may even be behind these in priority imo. keep cutting the BF% to bring definition to your face. i'm sure you know all this anyway, and I hope you don't take offense, i'm just being frank about your situation and how it can be improved - and it can. i know it's exhausting and expensive though. but the rewards will be worth it. but online dating is probably your best bet as a 30something, and looks are king there even more than in real life meetings

Last edited:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, you're right, you're not good-looking, by any stretch of the imagination. That said, you're also far from hideous and the weight loss is definitely doing you a favour mate - keep up the good work! I'd say you're a 4, maybe a 5, though I'd err towards the former.

Your nose is a little on the chunkier side, yes, but as others have commented, you could easily remedy that with surgery. I must say though, I do question what you're doing on a hair loss forum. You're what, 35? And an NW2? By most people's standards you're basically a full head. @CopeForLife called this one right I'm afraid, your hair is the least of your worries.

The extra weight is (as you've correctly identified) by far your most damaging shortcoming. The nose is another and, truthfully, your facial bone structure isn't brilliant. Sadly, there's little you can do to ameliorate the latter, but as I just intimated, the dumpy nose is fixable. Your dress sense is also letting you down: browse through some fashion catalogues and sort that sh*t out!

I feel your gripes about the post-30 dating world, however. You're right, most of the really nice girls would have been snapped up by now. Dating well below your age range isn't really an option (as you're well aware, you're simply never going to be attractive enough for that). Perhaps you should just accept the (pseudo) inevitable and accustom yourself to being alone? Wank off to 90's supermodels or whatever it is that gets you going.

I mean that sincerely. Skirt-chasing has a significant opportunity cost, and given the amount of work you'd need to put in to have even a 10% chance of getting a girl that you fit pretty well with, it may well be that that time would be better spent elsewhere. Imagine the progress you could make professionally, if you just cut out the wifey-coursing? Anyway, best of luck with whatever you choose to do mate and congrats on the weight loss.

P.s. How tall are you? (If you're 5"8+ its unlikely to be making that much of a difference) And why are you claiming that women want 'whiter' men? I don't think your skin colour's the root of your problems. 'Whiteness', certainly the pasty, ghost-like kind is seriously overrated in my experience.

I want to say something because i see this a lot on here and it kind of bugs me for people

If we already told him something and he accepted it---why do you want to add to the party and then really go at him in such a highly critical way

he did not ask to be critique if recall...

Its like we gave him constructive criticism---you just gave him criticism..and in a really mean spirited way..I know you will say you were being honest--but honest is not mean...honest is detached.

I just wanted to say that because i see it a few times and it bugs me because just because someone puts up pics it does not mean they are looking to be ripped apart or praised.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the option of playing the black power card when I was 19:

10917905_10101896990637487_7651364531501111169_n.jpg

omg...

3d98933e9-4388-43e7-b11a-303944f8ac53.2.jpg

use this haircut with a bit thinner sides

your fwhr allows it

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
i love how carefree you are about posting unflattering pictures of yourself on the internet. this thread gets better and better

f*** me you do different with the weight loss

honestly man, hair loss is the least of your worries. the fact your black means its pretty much irrelevant if you go bald or not, but by all means keep up with the treatments.

focus on the other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.