Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How hard am I supposed to do this?

Do I go in full depth?

I did one session by mistake using a 1mm device and it did not bleed.

Should I go full depth? I have to know because my pen will be delivered 25 days from now.
By "full depth", do you mean the whole needle? If so, that's right.
Bleeding isn't a requirement. Redness is the goal, ideally, but a few blood spots are to be expected at certain depths (1.5-2 mm).
About the compound... Someone mentioned something about it a few pages back, but I can't remember the name.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By "full depth", do you mean the whole needle? If so, that's right.
Bleeding isn't a requirement. Redness is the goal, ideally, but a few blood spots are to be expected at certain depths (1.5-2 mm).
About the compound... Someone mentioned something about it a few pages back, but I can't remember the name.

In this very thread someone mentioned about the compound? because then I can search it myself.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In this very thread someone mentioned about the compound? because then I can search it myself.
Yeah, I recall someone mentioning it. Hopefully you can find it.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I recall someone mentioning it. Hopefully you can find it.

Read all of it. Follica is a bit underwhelming because they are still using minoxidil. I was hoping they would find something better than minoxidil.

Dermarolling is hard to stay on. I've tried it three different times in the last 4-5 years with substantial increase in density in just 2-3 months but it's painful to keep up long terms. Here I am again to try it one more time because of this guy's awesome results. I get result from it but it hurts like a b**ch.

I think people underestimate how much it hurts in the hairline area. I hope the pen atleast helps me get it over with quickly because real dermarolling with 1.5mm 192 needles in the hairline was a f*****g nightmare.

This time I'm only going to do it in my worst hit regions of the scalp to get it over with and then after a few months try doing it on other regions because I'm a diffuse thinner and I will need to dermaroll my entire top scalp area.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Read all of it. Follica is a bit underwhelming because they are still using minoxidil. I was hoping they would find something better than minoxidil.

Dermarolling is hard to stay on. I've tried it three different times in the last 4-5 years with substantial increase in density in just 2-3 months but it's painful to keep up long terms. Here I am again to try it one more time because of this guy's awesome results. I get result from it but it hurts like a b**ch.

I think people underestimate how much it hurts in the hairline area. I hope the pen atleast helps me get it over with quickly because real dermarolling with 1.5mm 192 needles in the hairline was a f*****g nightmare.

This time I'm only going to do it in my worst hit regions of the scalp to get it over with and then after a few months try doing it on other regions because I'm a diffuse thinner and I will need to dermaroll my entire top scalp area.

No pain no gain, my friend.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Really? Someone mentioned something about an acid... Maybe I'm getting things mixed up. My attention span ain't the best out there.
Anyway, if this is your first time with a pen, people claim it hurts a lot less. So maybe it's really better for you this time.
Best of luck, buddy.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do note those who are trying this.

The only way to get real results is to keep doing it as long as needed to get the results you want. If you are not getting results as fast as some here, you may want to do it every two weeks after the doing it every week for say 3-4 months because the studies done on wounding indicate that the area keeps closing in, as in, it doesn't start to just create hair on bald spots. The growth factors migrate from current terminal hair bulbs to dermarolled bald areas. So the first thing you will see is increase in density in areas where you still have hair. The areas that were bald the longest will recover the slowest.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really? Someone mentioned something about an acid... Maybe I'm getting things mixed up. My attention span ain't the best out there.
Anyway, if this is your first time with a pen, people claim it hurts a lot less. So maybe it's really better for you this time.
Best of luck, buddy.

I f*****g hope so because I was really starting to enjoy styling my hair and it looked like a normal head of hair unless it got oily.

I'm gonna try and stick to it this time.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No pain no gain, my friend.

:D

You clearly haven't dermarolled your hairline. It's a special kind of pain. I can literally drill holes in my crown and not feel much but the hairlines was the weirdest pain ever. It was tickling 8 or 9 out of 10 pain that caused watery eyes and a runny nose. The tickling feeling was so f*****g annoying because it made the pain worse.

I'm gonna try sticking to it for 6 months with the pen. :)

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One more thing before I leave and forget to tell you guys. Since, I have tried this before, I researched the hell out of it.

The first step of wounding isn't 100% terminal hairs or 100% vellus hair. It's more vellus hair at first. There are many more papers on this and it goes back decades. Some will be terminal but many will be vellus. Mine turned terminal on random places but the ones easiest to turn terminal were near dense areas.

If you are trying this and you see vellus and you say it's not cosmetically significant, then you are missing out on future growth. It's actually a sign that things could very good for you, especially if your vellus hair end up getting longer than usual those peach fuzz hair. You are making a recovery.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One more thing before I leave and forget to tell you guys. Since, I have tried this before, I researched the hell out of it.

The first step of wounding isn't 100% terminal hairs or 100% vellus hair. It's more vellus hair at first. There are many more papers on this and it goes back decades. Some will be terminal but many will be vellus. Mine turned terminal on random places but the ones easiest to turn terminal were near dense areas.

If you are trying this and you see vellus and you say it's not cosmetically significant, then you are missing out on future growth. It's actually a sign that things could very good for you, especially if your vellus hair end up getting longer than usual those peach fuzz hair. You are making a recovery.
This proves that the dude from that other trial claiming it did nothing for him EVEN THOUGH he saw vellus hair growing was an idiot... And that people in general are impatient and don't stick with things for long enough.
I hope I can get my hairline back. There are a lot of vellus hair there, some longer than others.
Thanks for all the info, man.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This proves that the dude from that other trial claiming it did nothing for him EVEN THOUGH he saw vellus hair growing was an idiot... And that people in general are impatient and don't stick with things for long enough.
I hope I can get my hairline back. There are a lot of vellus hair there, some longer than others.
Thanks for all the info, man.

My so called vellus hair also had some that kept growing longer. At one month time they looked like regular vellus hair. These longer hair didn't fall out and stopped at around 1.5-2 cms and only then shed to come back again. I usually stopped at this time because of the pain and I would go back to baseline within a few months.

To give you an idea. I didn't even need any product for my hairline, just naturally dried hair and water was enough to give it volume and hold. But now even with products it falls down and lays flat. The other thing is natural light. Under natural light conditions the area looked dense and it took a bright flash to show the scalp but now I don't even need direct natural light. Even in shadow of natural light I can see half as much density in the mirror. It's why I have a love hate relationship with dermarolling. It works but it is painful and therefore in the long run untenable because it takes a lot of will power keep going.

Finasteride has done nothing but slowed down the loss. I would be nw6 without it but it hasn't even stopped it.

aa18

My Regimen
Reaction score
I f*****g hope so because I was really starting to enjoy styling my hair and it looked like a normal head of hair unless it got oily.

I'm gonna try and stick to it this time.

For me it hurts as much as a roller, maybe even more. Top of head - completely tolerable, but temples and hairline are something else. Maybe numbing cream is the solution.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just did my 8th session. Felt great.

Is it okay to wipe away the blood spots? I just do that on my temples. Read somewhere that you shouldn't do it, because it's part of the healing or something. I don't know.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do note those who are trying this.

The only way to get real results is to keep doing it as long as needed to get the results you want. If you are not getting results as fast as some here, you may want to do it every two weeks after the doing it every week for say 3-4 months because the studies done on wounding indicate that the area keeps closing in, as in, it doesn't start to just create hair on bald spots. The growth factors migrate from current terminal hair bulbs to dermarolled bald areas. So the first thing you will see is increase in density in areas where you still have hair. The areas that were bald the longest will recover the slowest.

Pretty much what I am thinking. I do feel it's thicker/darker where it's most dense on top (sides and top front). Like the middle front and the crown area is still a bit thin (I am a diffuse thinner), so I suppose those areas will recover the slowest like you say.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

Is it okay to wipe away the blood spots? I just do that on my temples. Read somewhere that you shouldn't do it, because it's part of the healing or something. I don't know.

It better be. I put an ice pack on my head afterwards and have a cold shower.

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

We need to be buddies. I just did my 8th sesh yesterday too. I usually wipe off my temple blood lightly with a alcohol wipe.

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did my third session went over scalp again with 2 mm roller felt the pen is not penetrating enough even at 2.5 m setting

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
Did my first one tonight with MyM chinese pen, 1.5 mm hurts like a mofo!

I'm using 36 needles, even though the study did 12... I guess it cant hurt the progress (as much as it gives me pain).
Anyways, mild redness all over and a few "pinheads" of blood. What's the amount of pressure you suggest? When I try pushing the pen against the head, it hurts so much I wanna scream. :D