Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just started with the derminator, is it only me who sneezes like crazy when doing the temples? Like I have a hard time to get anything done, the pain i can manage but it´s ridiculous how it triggers sneezing fits. I must look like an absolute idiot to any outside observer.
The things we do for hair, we really are fanatical lunatics. But i´m not going to lose my hair without a fight..

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just started with the derminator, is it only me who sneezes like crazy when doing the temples? Like I have a hard time to get anything done, the pain i can manage but it´s ridiculous how it triggers sneezing fits. I must look like an absolute idiot to any outside observer.
The things we do for hair, we really are fanatical lunatics. But i´m not going to lose my hair without a fight..
I used to sneeze like a madman with the dermaroller. With the derminator, I don’t. Weird.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just done my 7th session...6 weeks in...still no shedding of any kind and more and more vellus/small blonde hair appearing.

I find the pain is getting less and less the more I do it....bar the hair line.....f*** the hair line...she makes me weep.....but I don't care, I love doing it and all be it very slowly seeing my hair improve, something I haven't seen for 5 or so years.

Cant wait for 3 months and then 6 months to take some more pics and see how the progress is really doing.

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anybody that has been doing this a minimum of a month feel like it could be making their hair worse?

Curious if anybody is seeing negative effects to existing hair or more rapid thinning in the areas they are dermarolling.

I have not seen any improvement a month in at this point, but obviously it’s early. I do experience skin flaking in these areas 6-7 days after rolling. Result wise, nothing to report.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody that has been doing this a minimum of a month feel like it could be making their hair worse?

Curious if anybody is seeing negative effects to existing hair or more rapid thinning in the areas they are dermarolling.

I have not seen any improvement a month in at this point, but obviously it’s early. I do experience skin flaking in these areas 6-7 days after rolling. Result wise, nothing to report.

Im kind of expecting my hair to go backwards at some point....the nature of hair growth is that it has to fall out before it can grow back thicker and so this new blonde vellus hair will have to all fall out, if it is to become terminal and the same will be for any existing affected terminal hair.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, clock is ticking for me. Mid December's around the corner, so I'll be joining you soon!
However, I only got 50 euros to spare so, unless a miracle happens, I gotta stick with a cheaper pen and forget about the Derminator for now.
Anyone got any recommendations?

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, clock is ticking for me. Mid December's around the corner, so I'll be joining you soon!
However, I only got 50 euros to spare so, unless a miracle happens, I gotta stick with a cheaper pen and forget about the Derminator for now.
Anyone got any recommendations?

I'm using this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XC5VG7R/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works well enough at 2mm and full speed...I may upgrade to the Derminator if I keep seeing results.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Today I had the needles getting stuck to my skull several times when moving, hurt a bit too. Was better with highest speed.Small crunching sound too.

Was my technique wrong or is it just something to expect with a cheaper pen?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Today I had the needles getting stuck to my skull several times when moving, hurt a bit too. Was better with highest speed.Small crunching sound too.

Was my technique wrong or is it just something to expect with a cheaper pen?

Happens to me a fair bit....Its just the needles getting stuck in your skin as you move from side to side...the side walls of the needles are effectively sticking to the skin and the pressure from the spring isn't high enough to pull them back up....I wouldn't worry about it.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

There was a guy a dozen of pages back who reported his hair getting worse. He's been needling for 7 months with still no positive results. Can't remember his name. Anyway, he told us that before needling he was losing hair at a very fast pace, so needling isn't probably the cause of his hairloss, it's just that his loss is still ongoing. I hope he does get regrowth later, as a few users have reported getting results very late. We should all expect that and be patient.
You still see people here and there saying they can't wait to get to the three month mark, as if the magic is 100% guaranteed to happen at that time. We all should watch out our expectations of overly early success.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aww... See, that's the problem. Those don't ship here. Thank you, though!
I got one in mind for 64 euros. Looks like the more "middle ground" pen for my budget, but I'd like to have a recommendation from someone here before I go for it.

Ok mate...no worries :)

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermarolling is hard to stay on. I've tried it three different times in the last 4-5 years with substantial increase in density in just 2-3 months but it's painful to keep up long terms. Here I am again to try it one more time because of this guy's awesome results. I get result from it but it hurts like a b**ch.
Hey,
Can you please give more details about you success?
Did you use minoxidil?
What length were you rolling?
How often did you roll?
How successful was it?
Do the results remain if you stop rolling?

Last edited:

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since so many people have done this, I feel I can safely and confidently ask: Has anyone yet experienced obvious reduced shedding or itching??? If so, how long did it take for this development after starting?

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since so many people have done this, I feel I can safely and confidently ask: Has anyone yet experienced obvious reduced shedding or itching??? If so, how long did it take for this development after starting?
I must say, after starting with derminator, my itching has increased, big time.

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I must say, after starting with derminator, my itching has increased, big time.

Are you using minoxidil as well? I feel like itching immediately after rolling is fairly normal if that's what's happening to you.

I really want to know if anyone has seen shedding decrease since starting, in an obvious way, regardless of regrowth. I'm interested to see if this method, whether it results in regrowth or not, will have any effect on making follicles more resistant to miniaturization.

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score

I used to sneeze like a madman with the dermaroller. With the derminator, I don’t. Weird.
My Derminator causes no sneezing for me, but you are far from alone. Take a look at this man in the following video. He starts sneezing within few seconds of his rolling. Some people might react to rubbing alcohol too.

Explanation from one of the commenters:

You're stimulating your ophthalmic nerve, a section of the trigeminal nerves responsible for facial sensory. The ophthalmic zone covers the top of your head, forehead, eyes and nose. Sometimes when one set of nerves is activated, parasympathetic generalization occurs, resulting in activation of the surrounding nerve fibers. Basically, your forehead gets a little excited and tells his buddies some weird sh*t is going down, nose bro overreacts and starts sneezing in defense. (We all have that one friend)

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just got my Derminator 2 and had my first session, so a quick review.
It just seems and feels well built, not like something cheap that gets slapped together in china, really easy to use no need for instructions (apart from looking what speed and depth others use)
Felt way more effective than using a normal roller, like it was hard to fail.
Painful as f*** on 2mm, not unbearably but yeah.. Significantly less so on 1.5mm and pretty painless on 1.25mm. So i think i will be gradually increasing the length each week. I guess i could get numbing cream but i probably won´t since it´s possible to power through. The temples and hairline was about ten times as painful as the top of the head.
I was smiling all the way through though, feels good to be actively doing something. I have before pictures so i´ll be back when and if i see some progress! I will also be using minoxidil

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you using minoxidil as well? I feel like itching immediately after rolling is fairly normal if that's what's happening to you.

I really want to know if anyone has seen shedding decrease since starting, in an obvious way, regardless of regrowth. I'm interested to see if this method, whether it results in regrowth or not, will have any effect on making follicles more resistant to miniaturization.
I've definitely seen reduced shedding. I periodically perform a pull test as well as shake my hair in the sink before I shower in the morning. I also stopped minoxidil about 2 months back and finasteride 1 month ago to see if I can maintain with the dr pen and will likely try trinov. I use head and shoulders shampoo.