Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
Dermatologists recommend dermarollers. HOWEVER, they are against the use at home and recommend a professional, since people tend to buy cheap rollers with irregular pins and risk infection and also damaging their skin because they do it wrong: http://www.veintherapynews.com/dermatologists-offer-opinions-regarding-dermaroller-usage/
Yeah but most of us use a pen or a derminator and change needles after every usage. We need more info on tumors and microneedling so we dont risk our lives!

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm yeah. I dont wanna risk of getting cancer but I would cry if I had to stop cuz this sh*t is working for me...

Man chill out.....its a theory...which even states the smallest cut could lead to cancer on a persons skin.

If micro needling was causing an rise in skin cancers, we would of heard by now like you will have with the Sunbed industry as there are MANY women having these treatments on their face on a regular basis....you would also have for example people with lots of tattoos with a higher case of skin cancer as the process is similar to what we are doing.

And finally...if it is of any comfort....BCC is non malignant....it doesn't spread and is cured 99% of the time.

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah but most of us use a pen or a derminator and change needles after every usage. We need more info on tumors and microneedling so we dont risk our lives!

Tumors? Then why do dermatologists do it and recommend it? I think getting tumors from plucking your scalp with small needles is a stretch.

Does everything on this section of the forum cause tumors? Sheesh.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I've gathered, microneedles have been USED to treat melanoma in a study on mice: https://news.ncsu.edu/2016/03/gu-immune-needle-2016/
Also, the significant risk of cancer comes from the topical you use on your skin. Parabens appear to be dangerous.
To me, that website sounds like scaremonger that leads you to buy the linked product.

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
Tumors? Then why do dermatologists do it and recommend it? I think getting tumors from plucking your scalp with small needles is a stretch.

Does everything on this section of the forum cause tumors? Sheesh.
I dont know you tell me. Is it safe doing 2mm once a week or should we go 1.5mm to avoid hurting follicles

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That tumor thing better be bullshit. Merck behind it?

There are those who have done it for years weekly. They didn't get cancer afaik. Also, we are doing this for a year, once per week / 14 days, to see if we get results (not everyday like the article states). If we do get nice results, we could just go down to once a month.

Last edited:

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys you dont get. Ofc i understand that you dont get cancer from a single wound but instead do it repeatedly every week or two like we do over years is what im referring to.

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive heard that skincancer usually take years to develop. 5-10 years. We irritate (gets red) or wound our scalp and if we do it every week for lets say 2-3 years. Will that be the same as if we would go to sunbeds once a week? I dont mean that it is like that. Does somebody know for sure 100% that we are safe to do 1,5mm/2mm once a week for a long time without risking our lives? Just want people to discuss this before we move on

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are asking people that don't actually know the answer to your question.....scientist have studied it and theorised it could be possible for wounding....whether this also applied to micro needling would also need to be studied, as you are only damaging the very top layer.

UV light from the Sun damages the very DNA the resides deep in your skin....over time if too much DNA damage is done, this can lead to Skin Cancer which is FAR more likely than micro needling which only damages the cells not your DNA.

Anyway my plan is to do this regularly until Im happy with the level of regrowth it offers then cut the frequency right down...I wont be doing it once a week for years on years.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are so many theories about cancer related to everything. Sugarfree drinks with artificial sweeteners are supposed to give you cancer, yet people drink that sh*t several times daily. Have someone got cancer from that? I don't know. It's impossible to say. And if you do get it how are you going to know where it came from. So much sh*t out there.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys you dont get. Ofc i understand that you dont get cancer from a single wound but instead do it repeatedly every week or two like we do over years is what im referring to.
Ah, sorry.
Well, that question is gonna be hard to answer, but the anecdotal evidence we have here is a person who has been wounding for a crisp 5-year period. Will be 6 soon enough.
AFAIK, nothing happened to him. His name is Kitedude, by the way.
According to that website, he should be rocking a Deadpool up in his scalp. Instead, he has a lot more hair now at 37 than he did when he was in his 20s.
Now, maybe this doesn't guarantee 100% safety, but lemme tell you; a study showed that even sausages increased the risk of cancer... So really, what is 100% safe?
As for follicle damage, 2 mm depth will not hurt the follicles, or else the study I'm following would be showing follicle damage instead of regrowth.
However, that study does 2 mm every 2 weeks, so maybe you should stick with that frequency.

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
How can we discuss this ? We are not scientists bro'. The article shows 4 scientific articles. Read them all. But don't forget to read the others stating that it's harmless and good for your skin. BTW, don't forget that a lot of scientists are backed by firms which only want to sell their very own crap (like lasers, creams, cosmestic oil and any kind of stuff like these).
More if you have contact with a dermatologist and can get answers

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
New collagen formation process which takes place over a period of 10 to 14 days..

Are we better off doing this long term every two weeks? It's much easier to stick to it.
I think 2 weeks is better since like you said it's easier to stick with and also it gives the skin enough time to heal.

For derma needling other skin parts (not the scalp) the recommended frequency is every 6 weeks (complete collagen buildup takes 2-3 months).

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there any reputable source that says microneedling can make a future hair transplant unsuccessful?

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the look of it, it seems that the FDA only wants to protect some dermatologists... Do they have a lobby in the US or something ?

I don't know for the American dermatologists, but in France it's only a profession of failed doctors who just wanted to make a lot more money than the random family physician. Dermatologists in France are full of sh*t. They don't have a single clue about what's going on with your hair. They give you finasteride without telling you that you can have some side effects. You will understand what's happening after feeling them and read the testimonies on the internet. And if they can make some money by butchering your scalp they will be doing it with a big smile. That's how they started FUT in Paris with only 500 grafts in the 90's. The butchered ones will never recover from this. I don't believe what they say and will instead read scientific studies.

At the very bottom of that article:

"Costs for the treatment vary greatly and can range from $750 per treatment session to $1,500 with microneedling and PRP."

Title of the article:

"The FDA May Soon Regulate At-Home Microneedling on Skin"

So this is translated as "Dermatologists are making a killing and hugely ripping you off and as such, don't want you at home doing this yourself for free, so if you do this yourself, you will likely get cancer and die....don't do it, let us do it safely"

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let me make this perfectly clear.

This article that was poster here by another user has nothing to do with dermarolling. It has everything to do with compounds applied after wounding which resulted in tumors, not wounding. Retin A would be banned by now if that was the case.

This below is the article.

https://www.hairlosscure2020.com/the-sonic-hedgehog-pathway-an-unrealized-dream/

How the f*** did we get to tumors from dermarolling?

Somebody would be dead by now if that was the case.