Whatevr's Success Story - With Timeline

brandnew88

Established Member
Reaction score
UPDATE.. I got a haircut yesterday and it looks like I have a ton of small hairs popping up. It has been about 5-6 weeks since I have started alpicort f every other day. I am only on rogaine 2x a day and have been on it for 6 years. I am nervous about the side effects of the topical steroid. We need to find a topical estrogen that is the same strength as alpicort and maybe only apply alpicort once weekly and the other estrogen the other days,

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE.. I got a haircut yesterday and it looks like I have a ton of small hairs popping up. It has been about 5-6 weeks since I have started alpicort f every other day. I am only on rogaine 2x a day and have been on it for 6 years. I am nervous about the side effects of the topical steroid. We need to find a topical estrogen that is the same strength as alpicort and maybe only apply alpicort once weekly and the other estrogen the other days,

This can be done by using a little more than 80mg of estrogel to have the same strength as Alpicort. Will need to be diluted to make it easier to apply though

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guys trust me, it doesn't only work because of the estrogen, the more important part are the other ingredients. Estrogel alone won't help. It's the combination...

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm... Think I might try this alpicort f for added density...
Is there any good EU website that sells it without prescription?

brandnew88

Established Member
Reaction score
What would we dilute the estrogel in? Is that something available in the US? I don't have side effects from the alpicort yet so I am hoping I wouldn't from estrogel.

Would I still need to worry about the skin thinning with a once a week usage? In the studies they did daily or did I read that wrong?

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What would we dilute the estrogel in? Is that something available in the US? I don't have side effects from the alpicort yet so I am hoping I wouldn't from estrogel.

I just got some L'Oreal Serioxyl (Stemoxydine 5%) I may try as a vehicle for diluting my Oestrogel for topical scalp use, since the gel alone seems to dry up really quickly and way too much is sticking to my hair and not getting onto my scalp as good as I'd like, and I fear I may be wasting too much of it that way.

Also, you guys might want to be careful of taking too much progesterone if you're getting a lot of estradiol absorbed systemically plus taking an anti-androgen too. Adding progesterone to our HRT is what MtF's use to fully develop the milk glands and ducts to fill out our hormone-grown boobs.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you also on finasteride ?

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
So far we've got one responder who has had some great results. But beyond that I'm not seeing a valid reason to even mess with any of these right now given the delicate balance of systemically messing with hormones.

What am I missing here?

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So far we've got one responder who has had some great results. But beyond that I'm not seeing a valid reason to even mess with any of these right now given the delicate balance of systemically messing with hormones.

What am I missing here?
Well alot of people here are on finasteride, dutasteride, spironolactone etc. So i don't think messing with hormones is the main concern around here.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Besides Whatevr, 2 other guys posted in this thread that they got regrowth. Please learn to read guys. I'm pretty sure that Alpicort is a great chance.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the net effect of applying progesterone to your body?

It reduces DHT and estrogen , but which more?

Since I've been using progesterone on my wrist daily I feel more androgenic and I've been shedding a lot. That means it reduces estrogen more than DHT? This would be bad then no?

Perhaps applying it to the scalp would be a better idea. Anyone know a good cream that is easy to apply?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not ? Are your customs over there that strict that things don't go under the radar ?

Yes. We can't even get Lipogaine (Minoxidil 5% with Aezalic acid, or something in it for DHT) here on AMAZON!!

In 2012, we could concentrated Min and other items from Amazon. No longer. I think this site is our only hope! (this
store).

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Progesterone shredded my hair in a week or two. I was applying to my wrists. Massive shedding mostly from frontal area.

Not sure if it can even be helpful it just seems to upset the Androgen:Estrogen balance in my case. f***.

Last edited:

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Progesterone shredded my hair in a week or two. I was applying to my wrists. Massive shedding mostly from frontal area.

Not sure if it can even be helpful it just seems to upset the Androgen:Estrogen balance in my case.

f***! It def lowers estrogen. What was the dose?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
How is it going with alpicort? Still maintaining ? Do you plan to change it because of prednisolone ?

I added the Progesterone BECAUSE I wasn't maintaining, and it just made everything even worse. In reality I should've just upped the Alpicort.
I can't change anything because I have nothing to change to. Estrogen alone probably won't work, and Alpicort doesn't really work when you lower the estrogen (as you can see by the progesterone making things worse).

I am not sure what I can replace this with.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I added the Progesterone BECAUSE I wasn't maintaining, and it just made everything even worse. In reality I should've just upped the Alpicort.
I can't change anything because I have nothing to change to. Estrogen alone probably won't work, and Alpicort doesn't really work when you lower the estrogen (as you can see by the progesterone making things worse).

I am not sure what I can replace this with.
So you say it worked when you applied it everyday ?