Whatevr's Success Story - With Timeline

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
Besides Whatevr, 2 other guys posted in this thread that they got regrowth. Please learn to read guys. I'm pretty sure that Alpicort is a great chance.

Where is the photo evidence of these other guys? So far only Whatevr provided some.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you say it worked when you applied it everyday ?

Yes. Twice daily it worked even better.

I am wondering how we can make our own Alpicort. You can buy estro cream. You can buy salicylic acid.

The prednisolone worries me though. It will f*** up your skin long term, I don't know if Retin-A is enough to prevent that. I'm already worried that my scalp feels thinner. But I also don't know if the whole thing will work without Pred. I wish there was an alternative.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Twice daily it worked even better.

I am wondering how we can make our own Alpicort. You can buy estro cream. You can buy salicylic acid.

The prednisolone worries me though. It will f*** up your skin long term, I don't know if Retin-A is enough to prevent that. I'm already worried that my scalp feels thinner. But I also don't know if the whole thing will work without Pred. I wish there was an alternative.
Wouldn't you have better chances of maintaining and maybe regrowing if you would add finasteride again? I know you said it never helped you, but you never know, it may work in synergy with alpicort and help you maintain better, are you afraid of sides ?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wouldn't you have better chances of maintaining and maybe regrowing if you would add finasteride again? I know you said it never helped you, but you never know, it may work in synergy with alpicort and help you maintain better, are you afraid of sides ?

It gave me gyno. Using finasteride with Estrogen = ( . ) ( . ) big time titties.
I rather use Alpicort because it made me regrow. For antiandrogen I rather use Ket and maybe RU if it's not enough.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It gave me gyno. Using finasteride with Estrogen = ( . ) ( . ) big time titties.
I rather use Alpicort because it made me regrow. For antiandrogen I rather use Ket and maybe RU if it's not enough.
I understand, i'm currently using minoxidil 1x day, alpicort f 1x EOD and some saw palmetto supplemets, I have no side effects so far, but no results either, but i started the treatment this december so it's still too early to tell. I was thinking if i don't get results to use alpicort f every day or to add finasteride to the regimen even though i would like to avoid the latter, because i got some pretty nasty sides from it too. Thank you for the info, I will keep you guys updated.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's really about balancing finasteride, e2 and progesterone.
Maybe the regimes we have are actually quite effective, and we are just dosing them wrong.

If you get sides from finasteride: too responsive to standard dose, e2 / dht balance gets upset too much.
If you lose ground on finasteride: e2 / dht balance is not shifted enough.

Of course balancing it out is not trivial because there is also progesterone, prolactin, ect.

Last edited:

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
f you get sides from finasteride: too responsive to standard dose, e2 / dht balance gets upset too much.
If you lose ground on finasteride: e2 / dht balance is not shifted enough.

What if both of those happen, like they did for me?

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are brave but also very uniformed and naive, no offence

it was a good idea using estrogen for hairloss but you werent prepared (always have anti estrogens on hand before you start using estrogen) and you werent even aware of what anti estrogens to use when you got side effects. Secondly you are using something that has cortisol which means you obv cant use it long term.

Its seems like you are clever enough to have thought of this on your own and you got lucky that your doctor is so out there that they would prescribe you this. However where it went wrong is that prescribed the wrong type of topical estradiol. Seems like you are a little lost, I'd like to help you and tell you what I have been doing (long before you started this thread) but its too risky now

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

it was a good idea using estrogen for hairloss but you werent prepared (always have anti estrogens on hand before you start using estrogen) and you werent even aware of what anti estrogens to use when you got side effects. Secondly you are using something that has cortisol which means you obv cant use it long term.

Its seems like you are clever enough to have thought of this on your own and you got lucky that your doctor is so out there that they would prescribe you this. However where it went wrong is that prescribed the wrong type of topical estradiol. Seems like you are a little lost, I'd like to help you and tell you what I have been doing (long before you started this thread) but its too risky now
Please, can you share your knowledge with us all ?

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What if both of those happen, like they did for me?

Mike started to loose hair too because of too much e2. Maybe finasteride pushed your e2 too much.

I'm not telling the eternal truth here, but I have a feeling it's maybe possible to balance it out, like you already did with alpicort.

It's also probable that there is a third factor, that we don't know about. Maybe scalp dht? Or prolactin, like Yoda is theorising.

@hemingway_the_mercenary
It would be great if you could share your story. We are in dire need of some well documented anecdotes and know how on this forum.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mike started to loose hair too because of too much e2. Maybe finasteride pushed your e2 too much.

I'm not telling the eternal truth here, but I have a feeling it's maybe possible to balance it out, like you already did with alpicort.

It's also probable that there is a third factor, that we don't know about. Maybe scalp dht? Or prolactin, like Yoda is theorising.

@hemingway_the_mercenary
It would be great if you could share your story. We are in dire need of some well documented anecdotes and know how on this forum.
I am also diagnosed with a prolactinoma, my prolactin levels where very high, so i thought prolactin was one of the causes of my aggresive balding. Fast forward 7 months on treatment with cabergoline 0.5 and my prolactin levels are really low, but my Androgenetic Alopecia progression is almost still the same. So I don't know what to say about prolactin.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem is really that we don't know the interaction between the hormones.
We also know very little about the influenced pathways.

Prolactin reduction alone will not be sufficient, otherwise it would have been developed into a treatment. But it might be one of the necessary switches for people who don't have great success with finasteride.

@FutureSaitama do you get sides from finasteride?

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem is really that we don't know the interaction between the hormones.
We also know very little about the influenced pathways.

Prolactin reduction alone will not be sufficient, otherwise it would have been developed into a treatment. But it might be one of the necessary switches for people who don't have great success with finasteride.

@FutureSaitama do you get sides from finasteride?
I had lower libido and ED, just the common sexual sides. If i think about it, those side effects might have been caused by my hyperprolactemia and not by finasteride, prolactin being a dopamine inhibitor. Freaking hormones..

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am also diagnosed with a prolactinoma, my prolactin levels where very high, so i thought prolactin was one of the causes of my aggresive balding. Fast forward 7 months on treatment with cabergoline 0.5 and my prolactin levels are really low, but my Androgenetic Alopecia progression is almost still the same. So I don't know what to say about prolactin.

Cabergoline was like hell when I tried it. My dopamine sensitivity was almost non existent after 2 months. But yea, its funny when I hear people talking about prolactin having any potential to cause hairloss.

Guys maybe one day I will share my story but for now its better if I dont

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score

Wait - Alpicort had cortisol? OK I'm definitely not even going to try that stuff. I my cortisol is already elevated enough as it is.

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
Cabergoline was like hell when I tried it. My dopamine sensitivity was almost non existent after 2 months. But yea, its funny when I hear people talking about prolactin having any potential to cause hairloss.

Why? This is an anonymous internet forum.

Analogies

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks, you're doing us all a great favor by not contributing to this forum...